Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The training is inadequate especially because the children in foster care have such severe needs, most of them are behavioral and more training in trauma-informed parenting is essential. BUT most foster kids come with therapists, doctors, teachers, CASA workers, regional center workers, and a social worker...so a lot of the training is need-based and experiential which is horrible if you are a new foster parent hoping/expecting to parent neurotypical kiddo cause you are never gonna get one. Also, the children in foster care (not adopted) are visiting with their birth parents each week (usually three times a week for a case that is heading towards reunification, which most foster cases are) so the foster parent will also have the birth family's input as well. All of it can be overwhelming, but until adoption, there are many people involved in foster children's lives and so maybe that's why the training is so light...they get hands-on training with the kids.

I know from experience that it's hard to sit there and train without having real-life scenarios to work through, so as not to bog down the accreditation process they leave the training at a minimum just giving you enough. So if your toddler repeatedly smears feces on the wall, you know who to call, but not why it's happening or how to stop it...but knowing who to call is the first step to the rest of the answers. If your nine-year-old foster child is constantly running away...again, you need to call someone and work through the scenario...etc. I personally think they need at least 12 or more hours in trauma-informed parenting techniques because spending an entire day 24/7 with kids who are raging, destroying your property, and fighting you can be really tiring and parents need more resources and skills to work with these traumatized kids. Not all the kids are this bad all the time, but they can be. They've been removed from their families or have had several placements and have also endured abuse or neglect so they can be hard to handle sometimes, but not always...

Can't like this enough. As a former Special Education teacher and counselor, I was always surprised by the high percentage of children in my classes that were adopted, or in foster care.

And how many of those same children had more social and emotional issues that impacted their lives. Most of these kids don't turn 18 and go to college. It is often a lifelong commitment to helping them. Many end up in group homes.

FEB 2, 2021
Candle light vigil held for missing California City boys | KBAK (bakersfieldnow.com)
[...]

California City Police Chief Walker sent a message out earlier today that reads:

"California City Police Department is still actively and aggressively, along with other agencies working hard to solve the case of the two missing toddlers, Orrin and Orson West. We appreciate all the work the community has done to try and assist us and support us thus far. Please keep your eyes and ears open, and report anything you have that can possibly bring them home safely."

[...]

Wow, there have been 1000 tips and not one single one was credible. That's one problem with offering reward money.

I think he said there were about ten calls from people who said the boys were buried and some who said they knew exactly where the boys were.
This is why LE doesn’t want national media attention in some cases... would only mean more crazies.

Curious, have they searched the lake in the park that's nearby? That's a pretty decent sized body of water. How about the desert around the area. Kids can be very fast and very curious. They can blindly follow and lead at the same time.
The PI from northern CA led a search of the park. I don't recall that the lake itself was searched. The desert has been searched - approx 5 mile radius. MOO

I was thinking about my earlier post, and these two boys. I am actually surprised by the adoption placement. This family already had two biological boys, another foster child, and two more children? Five children is a lot of kids, especially if the youngest O and O had any special needs. Doesn't seem like a great placement for these two kids.

<modsnip>

Founded in 1909 in response to the ongoing violence against Black people around the country, the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) is the largest and most pre-eminent civil rights organization in the nation. We have over 2,200 units and branches across the nation, along with well over 2M activists. Our mission is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.

NAACP | About the NAACP

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the poster for the vigil with an address of 1525 Lotus Lane, Bakersfield, CA 933o7
I don't know if this is significant.

0af36d10-e9c4-4d15-95ad-7c96131f9d89.jpeg

Community vigil and prayer being held tonight for missing California City boys, Orrin and Orson West | KGET 17

The PI from northern CA led a search of the park. I don't recall that the lake itself was searched. The desert has been searched - approx 5 mile radius. MOO

Thanks @PommyMommy. The lake and dog park is about 1/2 mile away if that. If they had gone to the park/lake before, it might be a destination they would go. This family most likely had their hands full with all the kids, so what seemed like a 5 minute in house visit, could have taken a little longer. Thinking out loud.

After more than 40 days, the family of the 3- and 4-year-old is more determined than ever to find them.

Tuesday they gathered with the community in Southeast Bakersfield for a candlelight prayer because they say hope is what is getting them through all of this.

The biological family of Orson and Orrin West stressed that the gathering was a chance for hope and prayer, but not considered a vigil.

"We don't want to think the negative, so that's why we called it a candlelight prayer," one family member said. "A vigil, you know what that means. So we're just praying that the boys are still alive and that they'll be found soon."

Rosanna Wills said she is the biological cousin of the boys. She added the location chosen for the vigil has greater meaning to the family.

"This was the last location that they lived at before they moved to Cal City," Wills said. "So we figured if we have a candlelight here, maybe somebody may know something and just keep it alive."

"Basically we just be around each other and just stare at each other because we don't know what to say, besides let's search," she said.

"We're going to fight until there's no fight left," Wills said.
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/candlelight-prayer-held-for-missing-cal-city-boys

I’m not sure Rachel, wish I had the answer, as I said in my previous post, I’ve not read or heard any recent updates regarding PI status. ;)

IMHO
Its all just weird to me! I didn't mean that to seem like I was asking you that @fcavanaugh ! That was more like a frustration with the entire situation. I have alot of doubts with the way some are acting...but just cant express them publicly!

I'm not disagreeing, perhaps the boys were just a paycheck to them, but what I don't get is why kill them/hurt them/get rid of them? If the adoptive parents did something intentional and were involved in their disappearance/death why would they get rid of the boys if they were a paycheck? You have to reapply for adoption assistance payments every two years, and part of that process is confirming that the child is still alive and in your care. The payments aren't arbitrary, if the child is not in your home, the payments will stop. You might be able to get away with hiding their disappearance for a little while, but DCFS will find out if they are no longer alive, it might take a while... but they will find out. (which is what we might be seeing now) This is what's confusing to me. It's so stupid (cruel, horrible etc) to abuse a child, but to do it while still on DCFS's radar? That is so crazy.
Because they were too "rambunctious" Possibly?

MOO

After more than 40 days, the family of the 3- and 4-year-old is more determined than ever to find them.

Tuesday they gathered with the community in Southeast Bakersfield for a candlelight prayer because they say hope is what is getting them through all of this.

The biological family of Orson and Orrin West stressed that the gathering was a chance for hope and prayer, but not considered a vigil.

"We don't want to think the negative, so that's why we called it a candlelight prayer," one family member said. "A vigil, you know what that means. So we're just praying that the boys are still alive and that they'll be found soon."

Rosanna Wills said she is the biological cousin of the boys. She added the location chosen for the vigil has greater meaning to the family.

"This was the last location that they lived at before they moved to Cal City," Wills said. "So we figured if we have a candlelight here, maybe somebody may know something and just keep it alive."

My question is why in the heck is the biological family looking more for these boys than the adopted family??!!!

"Basically we just be around each other and just stare at each other because we don't know what to say, besides let's search," she said.

"We're going to fight until there's no fight left," Wills said.
https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/candlelight-prayer-held-for-missing-cal-city-boys

The biological family is doing way more than the adoptive family is . THAT is beyond strange to me.

MOO
Do we even know what the adoptive family is doing in regards to the boys being missing?

ETA: what I mean by that is, just because the media isn't covering everything they're doing, doesn't meant they aren't doing anything. Obviously I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt due to victim/family friendly TOS here, but in reality, I don't think any of us actually know what the adoptive family is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay