CA - Roman Anthony Lopez, 11, found deceased, poisoned , Placerville, 11 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this case is going no where for us, I guess we will have to wait 10 years from now to see a episode on the ID channel. I'm from Ca and we had a case in Calaveras County where the 12 year old brother murdered his eight year old sister. There was no "holding" back of information as far as who was arrested for the crime. This crime is not far from where we live and am surprised it just went silent.

Well, this case is going no where for us, I guess we will have to wait 10 years from now to see a episode on the ID channel. I'm from Ca and we had a case in Calaveras County where the 12 year old brother murdered his eight year old sister. There was no "holding" back of information as far as who was arrested for the crime. This crime is not far from where we live and am surprised it just went silent.
I truly hope answers are coming soon, but I have a huge fear that you are correct! :( This sweet little angel needs justice & answers.

Leila Fowler, I remember that case and followed it here :(

The way this case has been handled is unusual for sure!!

I’m not sure what to make of the silence on this case. Is LE stymied for some reason and if so, what is that reason? Just wondering out loud here.
JMO
I know how you feel :(. I think of that sweet little boy so often and how he must have suffered in that home. I wonder if it’s a DNA issue? Early on I thought that might present a problem. Not to mention someone covering things up. It really bothers me that something like this can happen and no one be held accountable. I hope LE are still hard at it, because this little boy deserves justice!

I blew it up to 400%; IMO, I'm convinced it's just something behind his left that's casting shadows down.
aww. i want to thank you for being so positive. . but there is no way. as a victim of abuse ...those are binding bruises . i come from a large family. the eldest of 8 and we frequented libraries and community centers often this being said there is no probable cause or need for any employee/librarian to come up to a family group and concern themselves with one child in particular..unless they noticed these marks .. which is highly easy to miss in a big group of kids . This case reeks of child abuse. From researching other child abuse cases/investigations they cant release anything while investigating unless its helpful to the case. they are most likely checking the extent of the abuse with all kids involved and i would not be surprised if they investigated the families in michigan as well before letting any info out. could be involved in dark web pedo rings or worse..i pray every day for all of these babies in domestic violence situations right now . The sick and disguisting cant get out their usual supply is probably v v limited now due too Quarantine. DV cases are at an all time high..covid lockdown has monsters unleashing on their own blood and its heartbreaking.

It's a mystery for sure, I would think they have gotten the tox results back by now?
I’ve been SO disappointed in there being no arrest in Roman’s death. Then, a case popped up on my Youtube feed that I had heard about but didn’t follow closely at the time. After listening to the horrible facts of that case and the final outcome, it gave me some hope that justice may yet come for Roman. It took 8 months to arrest the father and stepmother in the murder of Meika Jordan. Even better, they were convicted, but then they launched an appeal, at which time the prosecutor was able to prove that beautiful little Meika had be restrained and therefore upped the charge to first degree murder. They were successfully convicted and deservedly so. May there be justice for Roman as well!

Here’s the link:

Hey can you give me a short summary of what’s been going on in the case? I’m so sorry. I’ve been super busy and not here much!
The “four to six weeks” police said it would require to get coroner’s findings resulting from an autopsy have long passed, with the department reporting “more tests” had been requested by police to follow up in the investigation. That was the situation in late February, with the Mountain Democrat publishing a story Feb. 24 that also mentioned the FBI was assisting in interviews of subjects in other states, “as a courtesy” after being contacted by Placerville police. Roman’s extended family members live in the Midwest, with his mother (who did not have custody) living in Milwaukee, Wis.

Several subsequent inquiries to the local police station have routinely resulted in a response amounting to “no new information to report, thanks for asking,” so the newspaper this week asked Placerville Police Chief James Ortega whether a brighter light could be shed on why the investigation is taking this long, why the public can’t at least be told how the boy died.

“I can understand … the community’s frustration,” said Chief Ortega in an email Thursday. “I will start by saying what we have been saying from the beginning: This is a complicated case with many moving parts. It is not an open-and-shut case.”

Ortega added that daily operations in his department have been impacted by the turmoil of the coronavirus pandemic, but he added that investigation into the passing of Roman Lopez continues.

“The case is still moving forward, but the process has been slowed by the current COVID 19 crisis,” he said in the email.

The police chief remains adamant regarding his department not releasing any new information, saying, “We are not going to discuss specifics regarding this case. When we have more to report, we will push out the appropriate public notices. That is all we have to report at this time.”

https://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/cause-of-11-year-olds-death-still-not-revealed-by-police/

More at link G-

I think the frustration for many is: no arrests have been made and LE is not releasing any information. CPS is heavily involved, and with all the minors, families in different states, FBI involvement, etc., the investigation is highly confidential.

We were told PPD was waiting on Tox results and the FBI to complete their interviews with witnesses out of state. The reasonable time frame for this to occur was months ago and prior to C-19. But now seems to be the reason for the lack of action.

Patience is a virtue ...

The “four to six weeks” police said it would require to get coroner’s findings resulting from an autopsy have long passed, with the department reporting “more tests” had been requested by police to follow up in the investigation. That was the situation in late February, with the Mountain Democrat publishing a story Feb. 24 that also mentioned the FBI was assisting in interviews of subjects in other states, “as a courtesy” after being contacted by Placerville police. Roman’s extended family members live in the Midwest, with his mother (who did not have custody) living in Milwaukee, Wis.

Several subsequent inquiries to the local police station have routinely resulted in a response amounting to “no new information to report, thanks for asking,” so the newspaper this week asked Placerville Police Chief James Ortega whether a brighter light could be shed on why the investigation is taking this long, why the public can’t at least be told how the boy died.

“I can understand … the community’s frustration,” said Chief Ortega in an email Thursday. “I will start by saying what we have been saying from the beginning: This is a complicated case with many moving parts. It is not an open-and-shut case.”

Ortega added that daily operations in his department have been impacted by the turmoil of the coronavirus pandemic, but he added that investigation into the passing of Roman Lopez continues.

“The case is still moving forward, but the process has been slowed by the current COVID 19 crisis,” he said in the email.

The police chief remains adamant regarding his department not releasing any new information, saying, “We are not going to discuss specifics regarding this case. When we have more to report, we will push out the appropriate public notices. That is all we have to report at this time.”

https://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/cause-of-11-year-olds-death-still-not-revealed-by-police/

More at link G-

I think the frustration for many is: no arrests have been made and LE is not releasing any information. CPS is heavily involved, and with all the minors, families in different states, FBI involvement, etc., the investigation is highly confidential.

We were told PPD was waiting on Tox results and the FBI to complete their interviews with witnesses out of state. The reasonable time frame for this to occur was months ago and prior to C-19. But now seems to be the reason for the lack of action.

Patience is a virtue ...

Thanks so much for the synopsis.

For those who wanted to know, when they don’t release a COD it’s to protect an investigation. It’s only been four months. I actually don’t think that’s very long when looking at other cases.

Not releasing the COD can help pinpoint who did what. And to determine whether witness/suspect statements are factual. And to overall protect the integrity of the investigation.

I’m not worried about this case. It feels like they’re working hard.

It has now been 16 weeks since the Placerville Police Department stated on Feb. 24 it would take approximately 4-6 weeks for the coroner to complete tests and release resultant findings on the autopsy of young Roman Anthony Lopez. It is believed the boy died at or near 2892 Coloma St. where Roman and seven other children apparently were living when the 11-year-old was reported missing Jan. 11.

Whether his body was discovered in the house or near the property was never disclosed for reasons unknown, just one of many “unknowns” in the case.

Why the continuing delay in informing the public about the cause of death? What’s in the pathology report and how are police officials going to “spin” this so as to keep the public further in the dark?

Placerville police — a department of delays and unanswered questions

Sounds like it is time for some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee