Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow205 said:
itsreenw,

I missed this when you originally posted it. Was HoT able to compare the ss# with Rose's? Does the family even have Rose's ss#?
I don't think they have her SS# so i advised the sil to contact the SSA to request that info.

Sorry everyone... I've been offline for over 24 hours (computer problems).

The SIL has tried to join WS but is having trouble getting registered. I hear that a lot but don't really understand what kind of problems they are experiencing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could help the SIL speed up the process?

Thanks, Itsreenw... you're right... the SIL and family do not know Rose's SS# so there was nothing to compare it to.

I'll also be gone all day tomorrow but will be back online tomorrow evening. I'll do my best to answer any questions then.

And Itsreenw, if you know any way to help the SIL get registered quicker, will you email her with your ideas. Thanks!

HeartofTexas said:
Sorry everyone... I've been offline for over 24 hours (computer problems).

The SIL has tried to join WS but is having trouble getting registered. I hear that a lot but don't really understand what kind of problems they are experiencing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could help the SIL speed up the process?

!
You can't use a freebee email address like yahoo. Got to have a paying account. That is about all I know. When I joined, Jeana had to help me out a little as I recall. Can't remember now what the problem was but I would guess you could ask any of the monitors to help you out.

my efforts to gain access to the website were fruitless i had a whole speach about memory loss and how i lived with my children and such and i cant rememebr my old life bla bla bla and how i think was at synanon. anyways this george guy writes me back i used a fake name and omg the man sends me an email and gets the fake name all wrong

We are in the process of establishing an open-to-the-public Synanon Museum
at http://www.synanon.org/Synanon/Museum/Index.html -- you can be our first
visitor. Lots of pictures, lots of history, maps, etc.
so i wrote back staing i was hoping to post a picture to see if anyone rememberd me ill posst u all on the update i wonder if he searching google and foudn my postings on ws ?

smile22 said:
my efforts to gain access to the website were fruitless i had a whole speach about memory loss and how i lived with my children and such and i cant rememebr my old life bla bla bla and how i think was at synanon. anyways this george guy writes me back i used a fake name and omg the man sends me an email and gets the fake name all wrong

We are in the process of establishing an open-to-the-public Synanon Museum
at http://www.synanon.org/Synanon/Museum/Index.html -- you can be our first
visitor. Lots of pictures, lots of history, maps, etc.
so i wrote back staing i was hoping to post a picture to see if anyone rememberd me ill posst u all on the update i wonder if he searching google and foudn my postings on ws ?
Smile, atleast you got a reply. I emailed him too and didn't hear a word from him. I did send Sue Richardson an email though with Rose's latest pic and she said she'd post it so hopefully we'll hear something back. I told her to have any info go to the SIL. I'm sure SIL and HeartofTexas will let us know if they hear anything. Nice try though with the memory loss story-I'm sure many people that were in Synanon have memory loss due to PTSD from being there.

well even with asking to post a picture he still wont gain me acess he knows something is up or thinks im lying to gain entrace to do something. so he asked for a picture so i said i would send one once i got all my pictures in order. he also asked me when i was in the place and i said i think 70s it was the only year i could think of i was born in the early 80s and i had to make the letter look credible and im not sure when they closed down.

In post #79, Richard asked....

Questions about Flint, Michigan residence...
What was her family's address in Flint, Michigan? What Jr. High School and High Schools did she attend?

I lived in Flint during my Junior High Days and later came back to teach in one of the Flint High Schools in January 1972. I have also been to Oakland, CA in the mid 1970's. Where was this cult located?
Tonight I received an email from Rose's SIL answering Richard's questions. Here is her response:

Rose lived @ 208 W. Jackson, Flint, MI
Richard Rose's best friend was Claire McNamara (Sister~Coleen McNamara) who's father was a police officer at the time.

I found an article from a MI's paper about a Tim McNamara retiring. I called all the McNamara's in Flint, but no one is related to Claire. I don't know if Tim is the right person either. . .I am attaching a picture of Claire from Norma's yearbook - Northern.

Please let me know this brings any memories. . .Thanks
Also, the SIL emailed me some pix from the highschool yearbook, but I don't know how to copy them.

normacole.jpg
Norma Cole
claire.jpg
Claire McNamara

I might have located Colleen, Claires sister(Rose's best friend). I have PM'd the contact information to HeartofTexas. Her married name is McElrath.

Thanks sooo much, Gardenmom, for doing the pictures of Norma Cole and Claire in an easy format. I appreciate your help so much, and the results are great!

Shadow, thank you for locating the information on Colleen. I will forward that info to the SIL today.

I think I have more stuff coming in from the SIL. Unfortunately, I have a dial-up connection and it's taking about 30 minutes an email to come in. I think what's coming is scanned copies of Rose's letters.

If we can contact Colleen and find out how to contact Claire we might just learn something. If Rose & Claire were best friends, maybe she wrote her after leaving Synanon.

If Rose & Claire were best friends, maybe she wrote her after leaving Synanon.
Shadow, I thought I did a post earlier today letting you know that the SIL emailed me and said that Rose definitely did write to Claire, but I sure don't see my post anywhere so don't know what happened. I'm not sure if Rose was still in Synanon or had already run away, but she did write Claire. I'm having some of the posters here help get Rose's letters (scanned copies of them) posted on the forum. Not sure how long it will take. The files were huge.

HeartofTexas said:
Shadow, I thought I did a post earlier today letting you know that the SIL emailed me and said that Rose definitely did write to Claire, but I sure don't see my post anywhere so don't know what happened. I'm not sure if Rose was still in Synanon or had already run away, but she did write Claire. I'm having some of the posters here help get Rose's letters (scanned copies of them) posted on the forum. Not sure how long it will take. The files were huge.
Did Claire give them the letters? So, they know where she is, or did she give them a long time ago? Every little piece of the puzzle helps bring her home.

I don't know if this will help...I have spent hours tonight researching trying to find ex members/members of Synanon...so far I rec'd 3 emails back from former members but no one there during '72....all there much later...I hae several more emails out wtg for response. I am hoping to find someone that can shed some light on Rose's time spent there and/or get me onto that dag gum website.....so far the responses I have are ex members so they can not get on....or not willing to help me....not sure that I can get someone to help me, but I'm sure gonna try! I have found several names of members, so far about 6, I am going to research them and see if I can contact them.

Edit, Gotta quit fer da night....so far out of 12 emails sent since making this last post, 5 came back undeliverable :( Still wtg responses on the others.

HOT...I rec'd the one email w/pages 11, 12, and 13....if you can finish emailing me the rest I will get them all together to post.

Do you want me to post the actual letters here, or retype, or prefer me to link to them so people can 'view by clicking'?

Christine,

Where are you finding the former synanon members listed?

Shadow205 said:
Christine,

Where are you finding the former synanon members listed?
Hiya Shadow....I have just been searching google and checking page after page after page of stuff coming up. I have found about 8 by google results on forums, where people are looking to connect w/other members...most of them are old though and I am getting mail returned :( I also have compiled a list of names that I am finding in stories, articles, books, etc online, and will try to find contact info on these people and email or call to see if they know anything about Rose. So, long story short, Google and lots of time and patience, weeding through everything that is coming up.

in an earlier post i posted up a link to the visitors site for synannon. the creep who runs the website wont give me access to the members website and wants a picture of me to post. see other post on pretending to have memory loss. im all out of options and dont know what to do

smile22 said:
in an earlier post i posted up a link to the visitors site for synannon. the creep who runs the website wont give me access to the members website and wants a picture of me to post. see other post on pretending to have memory loss. im all out of options and dont know what to do
smile22,

By this point I'm sure that George(I think that's the guys name that runs the site) is on to something going on. There have been several people attempt to gain access to the site. If he bothered to google Synanon, he has found his way here and has read everything that has been said about the attempts. IMO, the only hope of getting into the site is to find a former member who is willing to work with us. Christine has been working on finding former members. I have joined a cult education forum and posted 3 threads there in hopes of finding former members. So far, there have been lots of views on the threads but not even 1 reply. I sent an email this morning to a mod there asking for any suggestions.

smile22 said:
LOL smile22...I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this and I was thinking of all different kinda ways to crack that site...one way I thought of was saying I was in a car accident and was trying to 'renew' my memories...soooo, guess that plan won't work, LOL.

I am still working on it, I haven't given up yet.....last night I spent hours searching for exmembers as mentioned, and I believe I will be able to convince someone to help us WSrs get in. Cross your fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy