Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. At the 1:40 mark of the video - Officer - "she is chained with a quarter inch uh heavy chain and (inaudible) on her wrists"

ETA does anyone else think the inaudible part sounds like "hose clamps" ?

I heard hose clamps as well.

D-CHP is advising she heavily battered
Officer-Shes chained with a quarter inch heavy chain and (bolted) to her wrists (thats what ai heard)

Wonder why they left out
Officer- shes saying that she jumped out of the vehicle

It was on last night on ABC

Do you have a link? That is news to me.

Jumping out of a car while restrained would certainly result in injuries!

I haven't heard that detail and was assuming she was "dropped" off. Is there a link in the media thread?

jmo

Being captive for 3 weeks you'd think there would be a bit more details. I suppose they could have been wearing masks the entire time, but you think a better description would exist based on the duration...even small details, heavy set, medium frame, long hair, crooked teeth, husky voice...I'm genuinely surprised police aren't given more info to help here.

It does seem a bit unfair we are singling out Latino women in SUVs, there got to me more to add to that...

Do they ever release details about where the person was held? Even if blindfolded, her sense of smell and hearing would have been enhanced and given her many clues. In the woods, in a structure of some kind, was it echoey like a metal building of some sort, could she hear traffic or a freeway nearby, was there a dirt floor, was it cold, was there the sound of neighbors, etc, etc.

I'm asking if this little bit of info is typical in a kidnapping (though nothing about this case is typical!) because the ONE AND ONLY kidnapping case I have ever followed closely from beginning to end, that resulted in a rescue, was Ben Owenby (rescued along with Shawn Hornbeck), the perp was arrested immediately, so many details were released right away.

I have been following this thread for a while and I am truly glad that two little ones have their mom back home.

I don't think there is anything more for the public at large (or us here on websleuths) to assist with until more information is released about who perpetrated this crime. The current description of the abductors is too vague to be helpful and is further muddied by the suggestion that the classification of them being "latina/hispanic" is possibly based solely on voice accents. My final two cents would be that large financial transactions are very, very difficult to hide. If there was a monetary exchange, I feel confident that will be uncovered as part of this investigation.

I am going to sign off and hope that there is a thorough follow up in MSM. I jog alone all the time and when something like this occurs, I find I want to know all the details to help gauge my own risk level and if there are any new precautions I should consider to stay safe out there. I hope that the perpetrators are caught soon and all the residents of Redding can feel safe again.

ABC News reported the description of the women was based on "voice recognition," suggesting Papini wasn't able to view their faces during her captivity.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...hree-wee-long-disappearance-article-1.2887347

How could she tell they were Hispanic by their voices? If they were speaking Spanish, which wouldn't necessarily make them Hispanic, I would expect LE to say that. I guess if she never saw their faces, we are never going to get a better description or a sketch.

What about body type, for instance? What about height? What about hair? Was she blind-folded during the entire 3 week ordeal?

Okay: she was either kidnapped or concocted the tale with help or alone.

That still about where we're at?

Do you have a link? That is news to me.

Jumping out of a car while restrained would certainly result in injuries!

I haven't heard that detail and was assuming she was "dropped" off. Is there a link in the media thread?

jmo

It was on last night on abc news called Eyewitness News. Still trying to find it but I did tape the show.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...hree-wee-long-disappearance-article-1.2887347

How could she tell they were Hispanic by their voices? If they were speaking Spanish, which wouldn't necessarily make them Hispanic, I would expect LE to say that. I guess if she never saw their faces, we are never going to get a better description or a sketch.

What about body type, for instance? What about height? What about hair? Was she blind-folded during the entire 3 week ordeal?

Also Hispanics can be any race, and any color.

Some Hispanics are fairly white, some Mestizo and some are of African descent.

D-CHP is advising she heavily battered
Officer-Shes chained with a quarter inch heavy chain and (bolted) to her wrists (thats what ai heard)

Wonder why they left out
Officer- shes saying that she jumped out of the vehicle

It was on last night on ABC

I missed that...thanks for posting.

If she jumped out of a moving vehicle with her hands in restraints in a heavy chain, that could also account for her battered appearance. So it appears we don't even know if she was battered by her captors, or battered during escape from a vehicle. (So was that "released" by one of her captors or escape from a captor? I feel so confused.)

Thank you. At the 1:40 mark of the video - Officer - "she is chained with a quarter inch uh heavy chain and (inaudible) on her wrists"

Hose clamps is what I hear too.

"Wasn't able to view their faces" sounds like the abductors were wearing masks, not that Sherri was blind-folded. Or has LE said she was? And if the abductors were wearing masks, there is a lot of other information about their appearance that could be shared besides them being Hispanic females. Height, weight, hair, for instance.

I think LE is gathering as much info and evidence as they can, so when they sit down with Sherri this week they will know discrepancies and similarities from her story.

Did anyone see her jump out of the car I wonder, or did she just say she jumped out of the car? If someone saw her jump out they may have a description of the vehicle.

Plus if she jumped out, that sounds more like an escape than a release...

So if she jumped from a car - they didnt try to get her back? If I had been holding someone captive for 3 weeks I would not be ok wth just leaving her on the side of the road after she escaped. I would probably try to get her back in the car.

So if she jumped from a car - they didnt try to get her back? If I had been holding someone captive for 3 weeks I would not be ok wth just leaving her on the side of the road after she escaped. I would probably try to get her back in the car.

It could have been possibly something between a release and a jump? They were taking her to release her, and slowed way down, and she jumped out?

There could have been threats or online stalkers. It doesn't surprise me they would check.
Yes. I think any time someone is victimized, and you don't know who the perp is, you have to look at their background. It's reasonable to see if they have any tense relationships in the past or present.

Hose Clamps for sure

Yes. I think any time someone is victimized, and you don't know who the perp is, you have to look at their background. It's reasonable to see if they have any tense relationships in the past or present.

I had an online stalker for awhile and always figured if anything happened to me they'd go straight to her. However she used a few different identities so it might have taken awhile to figure out they were all her.

I had an online stalker for awhile and always figured if anything happened to me they'd go straight to her. However she used a few different identities so it might have taken awhile to figure out they were all her.
Yikes! I'm sorry, that's really scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member