Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe it was human traffickers. Many good reasons have been given already.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, though: is there a single report anywhere of human traffickers using hose clamps? Is this a known thing?

The hose clamps alone tell me we're dealing with a nutjob.

Haven't there been cases where people have had words or symbols carved into their skin?

I know of two famous cases of people doing that to themselves (and not famous cases too) but it must have happened to victims. It's like a step beyond cigarette burns as a form of torture.

Who does that? Why?

Yeah there have been cases where people have been branded, apart from the self-inflicted ones. For example, this case where Neo-Nazis kidnapped a mentally handicapped Native America man and branded him with a swastika:

Paul Beebe, 28, and Jesse Sanford, 26, lured Vincent Kee, 22, to Beebe's swastika-bedecked apartment in Farmington, N.M. on April 29, 2010 and tortured him for hours.

They put a towel in his mouth to stop his screams and used a wire hanger heated on the stove to brand a swastika into his arm. They also shaved a swastika into his hair and wrote "KKK" and "White Power" on his body with markers.

They recorded the incident with a cellphone camera.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rosecuted-new-hate-crime-law-article-1.948983

Sheriff Bosenko (about SP being branded) it is not a symbol it was a message
Reporter -To who?
Sheriff-it could be a message to her or message to others
I think that is why the Sheriff was blindsided--He did not want the public to know, for reasons unknown to us.

Personally, it would pizz me off if my husband told the public such an intimate detail regarding my kidnapping; especially, while the Unsubs are still on the loose. LE was taken aback by details being revealed.

SP is too traumatized, PTSD, to participate in authorizing statements to the public. Thanks to the husband's early statement release, before the Sheriff's televised interview, this young lady will always be known as being branded. If there's a trial we may learn what the brand is and how it was created.

SP weighed 104 pre-kidnapping. She lost 17 pounds or almost one # every day. This may explain how she managed to slip one wrist out of the cuff assuming the size of her wrists became smaller.

Oh and I had a recent IV administered in the ER. It took 45m. I feel certain that SP was given an IV and the ER dr may have ordered other treatment such as a B-12 injection, xray of the broken nose, valium for anxiety, et al. Perhaps she was given a healthy protein filled Ensure to sip.

Ironically, LEO in Princeton, Mass. are looking for a dark SUV in the murder of jogger Vanessa Marcotte.

A swastika would be a message. But the cutting of the hair makes this seem personal or jealousy motivated. Idk

Can you think of other cases where this has been done? The message part, not the hair.

Long shot, I know, but I'm still trying to piece it together. It seems ... unique.

I believe that the Sheriff could have prevented Keith from writing his letter to GMA by doing just what you said, not letting any details out. Instead he compared Sherri's injuries to having a sprained ankle. That was a totally false comparison to reality and he should have never used it. JMO

That could have been for very good reason. If LE are looking for people who know what happened to SP to speak, it could be important for those people to be able to provide details only those involved would know. Such as the branding.

No offense to KP. God knows it is an emotional time and he is just standing up for his wife. He might have no idea what is happening moment by moment in the investigation, so didn't know that it was particularly bad timing for him to go public with the details of her condition. I can't imagine that he would purposefully try to hinder the investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there have been cases where people have been branded, apart from the self-inflicted ones. For example, this case where Neo-Nazis kidnapped a mentally handicapped Native America man and branded him with a swastika:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rosecuted-new-hate-crime-law-article-1.948983

Thanks Rayemonde. I thought of a swastika or similar symbol but I wouldn't say those were messages. But I also can't imagine someone burning an entire sentence into someone's skin.

I get why the neo-nazis did it (in fact all the other examples I know of are the same), but would the sheriff consider that a message to Sherri or others? Maybe he's leaving it up to their interpretation.

Another case where the victim was branded/ tattooed and had his head shaved :

Michael Kyprianou was forced to strip to his boxer shorts, had his head shaved, was repeatedly punched and kicked, branded with cigarettes and a hot iron and then threatened with his life...

A pillow case was placed over his head and he was then tortured for up to seven hours because Rooble suspected him of having stolen his drug money.

She said: “He was beaten by these defendant using hands, feet and shod feet causing significant bruising and black eyes, The word ‘****’ was forcibly tattooed on his forehead and an iron was used on both his chest and back. “Lit cigarettes were put out on his nipples and put down his boxer shorts burning his genitals. They threatened to cut off his fingers with a meat cleaver and a knife was put to his throat. He was told ‘One slice and you’re gone’.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/n...even-hour-attack-on-northampton-man-1-3953805

I understand that the sheriff may feel that he wants to keep the "message" underwraps as a feature that could confirm the truth of a confession, but this is the type of thing that Websleuthers are really good at crowdsolving. We can uncover a large number of possibilities in a very short time with our capabilities. We already have.

JMO

I'm trying to get caught up here so pardon me if this has already been mentioned but KP did not say the abductors chopped off her hair. If she had injuries to her head it is very likely that the hospital staff cut her hair to evaluate and treat her injuries. I would IMO find it weird if they did not cut it off to be able to clean her up. In a situation like this they would have to be concerned about infection and would want to clean her wounds. I obviously can't guarantee this is what happened but seems very likely IMO.

I have long blond hair as well and when I had emergency brain surgery for a subdural hematoma the doctors were very careful to only shave what was needed. They shaved exactly the section of my skull that was removed so I could comb over the rest. Interesting hairstyle for sure! I wasn't concious of course but they were careful so I could leave somewhat dignified with staples everywhere.

I do not think it is. I think that women are more likely than men to understand how humiliating it would be for a woman to have her hair chopped off.

I agree, not so much as humiliating but as a source of pride. It takes a long time to grow one's hair out. Women who have long hair tend to not want to cut it b/c of the length of time it takes to grow it back, if they don't like the new short cut. Also, yes, when women fight, many will pull hair. Maybe not all, but a lot do, and will snatch you bald headed.

Pepper77 I didn't spend any time looking for a follow up. Maybe other sleuthers can find something.

I do not believe it was human traffickers. Many good reasons have been given already.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, though: is there a single report anywhere of human traffickers using hose clamps? Is this a known thing?

The hose clamps alone tell me we're dealing with a nutjob.

In the drug world hose clamps are common.

And while I don't care to do googling on the subject specifically, but even without intending to google it, you see references to them also being used in some sexual bondage type activities, so again, possibly something someone might have around for other nefarious purposes

So if someone were involved in drug trafficking or something also they could improvise and use what they had around? :thinking:

Heck, we don't know anything really about the suspects or their motives or any other nefarious things they may have been up to - let alone even any possible employment and things they may have around for what could be intended to be innocuous purposes - and why it might be something used (assuming it even was).

Thanks Rayemonde. I thought of a swastika or similar symbol but I wouldn't say those were messages. But I also can't imagine someone burning an entire sentence into someone's skin.

I get why the neo-nazis did it (in fact all the other examples I know of are the same), but would the sheriff consider that a message to Sherri or others? Maybe he's leaving it up to their interpretation.

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but the sheriff did specifically say that it was not a symbol. That combined with him saying it was a message, I can only imagine it was a name, word, or words.

I can think of a couple of cases where someone had "snitch" branded onto them. That's certainly a message. Or "s**t" if the woman was having an affair.

A woman had the word "snitch" burned into her face with a branding iron in apparent retaliation for helping police in a domestic violence case, authorities said.

The brand singed into her flesh during a June 13 attack is 4 to 6 inches long and stretches across her left cheek from lip to earlobe, Mesa police Sgt. Chuck Trapani said Friday.

"Obviously, they were trying to send a message to her, and they were obviously trying to humiliate her," Trapani said...

She said they came out, knocked her unconscious, then cut and shaved large swaths of her hair and branded her, Trapani said. She was treated at a hospital and released.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/arizona-woman-branded-snitch-face-article-1.223951?0p19G=c

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but the sheriff did specifically say that it was not a symbol. That combined with him saying it was a message, I can only imagine it was a name, word, or words.

Hence my "I thought of a swastika or similar symbol but I wouldn't say those were messages" remark.

I don't think the sheriff would say what it says, but who can say what the message is? Maybe it's something he believes they will understand.

I think it's unlikely we will figure it out, but IMO it's not going to say "She's mine."

I think it's something else which is why I asked about other cases with similar details.

Sorry if I was unclear.

Haven't there been cases where people have had words or symbols carved into their skin?

I know of two famous cases of people doing that to themselves (and not famous cases too) but it must have happened to victims. It's like a step beyond cigarette burns as a form of torture.

Who does that? Why?

This woman's husband (eventually he was released and then went on to kill her)

Tierne Ewing told police her husband beat and pistol-whipped her, spat on her, kept her hands tied with wire and branded her legs with a piece of hot metal, according to a criminal complaint charging him with kidnapping, aggravated assault, terroristic threats, false imprisonment and other crimes.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tierne-ewing-found-dead-husband-who-kidnapped-her-kevin-ewing-wounded/

A film maker who exposed a number of things was - including drug dealers:

An investigative documentary maker who exposed extreme elements within the Animal Liberation Front was kidnapped and branded across the back with the letters "ALF", it has emerged.

Graham Hall, who has exposed drug-dealers and badger-baiters in earlier films, faces plastic surgery after the horrific attack scarred a large area of his back.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/507947.stm

Another instance involving drug suspects who kidnapped individuals:

Clint Woods, one of the five, then branded Langford and Alexander on the chest with a hot clothing iron. Langford and Alexander were then held in the basement of the home at gunpoint by a sixth member of the ring, Steve Bennett, also known as Butter.

Langford and Alexander escaped their basement prison and sought medical treatment, but the burns left scars.

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/loca...cle_3f0a4477-32d3-5946-bc70-8f63931b70b7.html

A gang related instance when it was tattoo brands in NM:

For most, body art is a personal choice, but Target 7 has learned tattoos have become weapons in a new kind of attacked. Both women said gang members forcibly tattooed their bodies over and over. Neither victim wanted to be identified for safety reasons.

"We were jumped and basically threatened that if we weren't going to do what they said, then that would be it, and they took us and tattooed us," said one victim.

Utah white supremacist (recently) who only got a year in prison:

A Utah man known to be a white supremacist will go to jail for kidnapping, tying up and tattooing a woman against her will, authorities announced.

Robert Calder, 40, was sentenced Monday to one year behind bars after pleading guilty to felony kidnapping

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-gets-just-one-YEAR-prison.html#ixzz4RTRFmQcX

Hordes and hordes and hordes of other instances where someone was kidnapped and tattooed or branded in some form.

Plus I'm sure many others we don't know about who didn't live and/or remains weren't found in tact enough to ever know.

I'd actually say the odds of the "branding" referenced in regards to SP points HEAVILY towards a more traditional tattoo or less invasive 'etching' (like safety pin) vs. hard core burning or something given the non-full-admit to the hospital.

I can think of a couple of cases where someone had "snitch" branded onto them. That's certainly a message. Or "s**t" if the woman was having an affair.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/arizona-woman-branded-snitch-face-article-1.223951?0p19G=c

And the very same, very specific phrasing from LE in that instance...
A woman had the word "snitch" burned into her face with a branding iron in apparent retaliation for helping police in a domestic violence case, authorities said.

<snip>

"Obviously, they were trying to send a message to her, and they were obviously trying to humiliate her," Trapani said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C