Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just IMO, but I think we may be over analyzing. From the injuries to the report of two women throwing her out of the vehicle, to the branded message, I really think this is personal and I keep thinking it is related to a sort of "woman scorned." This would explain why she was released and not killed. Two women decide to teach her a lesson because of some assumed wrong doing, whether it was cheating, talking trash about someone, betraying someone, heck, even picking on their kid (remember some crazy moms trying to have their kids' enemies killed). Someone up thread mentioned a "mean girl" situation. It really could be an adult version of this. Or, it could be that the victim (and I believe she IS a victim) was chosen to teach the husband a lesson. There could be a real or perceived wrongdoing on his part, in similar areas,(all hypothetical; no evidence, just imagination) such as cheating (imagine an "other woman" who was dumped getting revenge), insulting someone, etc. There just seems to be a revenge or personal connection in this. I don't think the women are strangers, or if they are, they are acting on someone else's behalf. And I think they released her because they never intended to murder her. They just wanted to hurt her, to get back at her or her husband for something. Awful, but it is where my head is going right now. And I believe LE isn't worried for the public because they too believe she was a specific target. Again, IMO, for what it is worth.

Pepper77 I didn't spend any time looking for a follow up. Maybe other sleuthers can find something.

Follow up w/ info from the victim (including how them cutting her hair was yet another component of trauma to her as her long hair had been her trademark)

Navarro described the kidnapping, saying, "They all jumped me, held my hands down and started cutting my hair. “I’m traumatized. Everyone here really loved my hair, so I’m not used to this cut... I still hide it because me, myself, I’m not comfortable with short hair yet."

Other than SP being kept 3 weeks, the number of parallels in the little we have heard in the SP case makes this look VERY similar... :crazy:

To the point it could almost seem copycat-esque possibly.

Grabbed outside...dark SUV...female suspects...hair cut...assaulted...branding (threatened only in this case, but w/ implements seen)...driving around with her (if the gas station/truck stop sighting ended up valid) in public...randomly shoving her out of the car.

[Six] female suspects approached the 20 year-old female victim from behind as she was entering her residence, grabbed her and pulled her hood over her head and forced her into a black suburban vehicle. The suspects then drove off and took turns assaulting the victim with closed fists about the head and body causing pain and bruising. One of the suspects produced a small hand torch and a heated piece of metal and threatened to burn the victim.

The suspect continued driving and assaulting the victim with one of the suspects using brass knuckles. The suspects then cut the victim's hair and threatened to cut her face. The suspects then drove the victim to an unknown location, shoved her out of the vehicle and fled in an unknown direction. The victim's property which included an iPhone 6s, jewelry, jacket and her keys were taken from her during the assault.

http://gothamist.com/2015/12/12/nypd_3_women_wanted_for_punching_fe.php

Another article:

Oh, and it was apparently jealousy over a guy's possible advances toward Navarro or such.

“She was threatening me because her boyfriend kinda liked me,” Navarro said. “She kept asking if me and her boyfriend did something, and I kept denying it, telling her no.”

http://nypost.com/2015/12/12/jealous-bullies-abducted-me-beat-me-and-chopped-off-my-hair/

I do not believe it was human traffickers. Many good reasons have been given already.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, though: is there a single report anywhere of human traffickers using hose clamps? Is this a known thing?

The hose clamps alone tell me we're dealing with a nutjob.

And why not dye the hair immediately. Or make her wear a wig.

They seemed to have cut her hair to humiliate her and torment her every time she looks in the mirror or comb her hair.

Thread is closing now for review and tidying up, and will reopen tomorrow.

:wave:

The thread is open.

REMINDERS:

1) We are not discussing the specific contents of the 2003 blog that has been referenced in MSM or debating who authored it.

2) SP and her family are victims so posts should comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

Perfect timing just got caught up and the thread opens again, thanks TLCYA

No not necessarily. To brand something, you put your ownership on it. And this can be done in many ways. It can be burned on, etched on, inked on (tattoos). In commerce it can be labeled with your product name etc. it's a way of letting others know it's yours for identification purposes.

Watching the sheriff on GMA this morning, I'm now believing SP was specifically targeted. Likely some kind of retaliation or revenge scenario towards her and KP, maybe the extended family. When talking about a reason she may been branded, he says "an exertion of power and control and/or maybe some type of message that the brand contained" to her or to others. When speaking about SP's hair being chopped off, he switches from "her" to "them". So now my question is who is "them" and what provoked the incident. If the branding were a message to a specific family member, it could've been done and photos supplied to the family earlier in the abduction. Showing the severity of her captivity could have prompted the ransom. Regardless of the motive, I firmly believe she was in the hands of some very dangerously evil people. While they may not have intended to kill her (just send a message), she very easily could've died given what we know. JMO

"Obviously, a very sick person who may have wanted to not only to cut it off to change her physical appearance, but also as to humiliate them, wear her down," Bosenko said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/california-mom-sherri-papini-message-burned-skin-sick/story?id=43869060

I am hoping, hoping, hoping that whatever branding was done to her, it wasn't on her face.

Hmmmm................."to humiliate THEM" JMO

New vid.
http://www.today.com/video/abducted-mom-sherri-papini-s-husband-she-has-been-branded-820762179981

"Looking at similarities with several other cases across country, discussing the branding, and how SP's iPhone appeared when found (placed on the grass, earbuds loosely coiled and placed on the screen)" - I'm paraphrasing sans coffee; forgive me

Also "It did appear to seem that it was placed there purposely"

I've had one coffee, I think I need another.....

According to this article the family has hired a private investigator.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox5sand...f-missing-mom-from-redding/amp/?client=safari

“We were contacted by Sherri’s father-in-law,” said Garcia.

After conducting several searches and investigating leads of his own, Garcia believes Papini was a victim of sex trafficking.

As Papini vanished, a so-called "ransom negotiator" offered $50,000 to the kidnappers. As the deadline ticked down, the ransom turned into a $100,000 reward for anyone who could provide information bringing Papini home.

Garcia believes it was that offer that saved Papini’s life.

I came to a different conclusion while observing the former FBI man on the video. He states he believes that this appears to be a random opportunity grab, while out jogging. They may have been looking for a particular type or body type of person. Said she was Branded with a message, hair cut and starred to make her "one of them",

IMO this makes me think they had falsely imprisoned her for the purpose of either sex and/or slave trade. But why let her loose? Case too public? Ransom paid?

I think they got scared. But how did she get away with her life?

You all have given me some decent arguments against sex trafficking in this case. So if not ST, then what could possibly be the motive? It must be something we don't know about yet. SP (or KP) really got under someone's skin to be kidnapped for three weeks, branded, and tossed out of a car.

This is sounding more like a book I read called The Scarlet Letter If Sherri was abducted and kept for 3 weeks over the same reason for the Scarlet Letter...I don't think my mind can handle it.

I keep following along and not posting much because I'm overwhelmed. I don't know what I even think other than I'm thankful she's alive, because anything can be overcome when alive. And her husband, children and loved ones have her back. If there was some issue, it can be worked on! Death is final. I, as the majority of the posters here, hate seeing that 'found deceased' added to the title of any case.

After the case of AH in NH, who was kept for 9 months and then released by her abductor, I try to keep that in my mind. Rare, yes, but it happened!!

I am not trying to solve a case, I like learning from cases, and trying to sleuth information that might lead to the outcome, but never insert myself into the case by calling the family or LE, etc. True crime and mysteries have been a hobby of mine since grade school. So I mean no disrespect to any family member, friend, or associate when I'm sleuthing.

This case, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next climax, the next chapter to be released, and to find out what the heck really happened and why! It may help in solving future cases.

Our knowledge can only expand when we seek more information (Not saying I want the family in this case to give more information!!! Nor LE!! I'm speaking in general!!) The more knowledge gathered, the more we can help in future cases. Never forgetting the 'rare' cases or being completely wrong from the beginning of a case.

I don't know what happened no more than anyone else posting does. I await the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee