Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, katydid23! And I'll bet you just scratched the surface...

links:
http://abc7news.com/news/teen-human-trafficking-victim-rescued-3-arrested-during-sting/1579812/

TEEN HUMAN TRAFFICKING VICTIM RESCUED, 3 ARRESTED DURING STING

Saturday, October 29, 2016
VACAVILLE, Calif. -- Police rescued a 17-year-old human trafficking victim and arrested three people during a sting operation last week in Vacaville, police said Thursday.

During the sting, officers working with members of the FBI Safe Streets Task Force and a social worker were able to locate and rescue the teen victim, according to police.

The victim was taken into protective custody and was provided resources and services, police said.

Officers also arrested Sacramento residents Tesheya Byrd, 22, on suspicion of pandering and conspiracy and Todd Thornton, 23, on suspicion of human trafficking, pimping of a minor and pandering of a minor, police said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6222454-181/human-trafficking-arrest-in-rohnert

Human trafficking arrests in Rohnert Park

A man and two women from the East Bay were arrested for suspicion of trafficking minors for sex during a bust outside a Rohnert Park motel early Sunday morning, authorities said.

Two girls, age 13 and 16, also were found at the scene and were removed to safety during the course of the investigation, which began around 2 a.m. in the Budget Inn parking lot, Rohnert Park police said.

The suspects are Joanna McClenahan, 26, of Pittsburg; Marilee Romine, 19, of neighboring Antioch; and Edwin Prasad Jr., 18, of Vallejo, the Rohnert Park Public Safety Department said. All three were being held Sunday at the Sonoma County Jail, with bail of $125,000, and were scheduled to make their initial appearances in court on Tuesday.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...n-Human-Trafficking-Crackdown--391674801.html

More Than 200 Arrested in Human Trafficking Crackdown

The arrests came during a 10-month period in which a task force targeted traffickers and their customers in the San Fernando Valley.

Los Angeles Police Department officials who joined Martinez at a news conference said 11 victims were rescued, including a 14-year-old girl, and more than 200 arrests were made, ....

http://abc7.com/news/5-arrested-in-san-gabriel-based-human-trafficking-ring/1481561/

5 ARRESTED IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING RING ACROSS CENTRAL, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Tuesday, August 23, 2016
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Investigators are calling it modern slavery.

A taskforce of local, state and federal agencies assembled by the Ventura County Sheriff's Department uncovered an elaborate network that allegedly delivered millions of dollars in wire transfers to China.

The business was human trafficking. Women from Fresno to San Diego were forced to have sex with 20 to 30 men a day.

http://www.kcra.com/article/9-people-arrested-in-norcal-human-trafficking-operation/6502619
9 people arrested in NorCal human-trafficking operation

Oct 3, 2016

From the abc exclusive interview: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/det...kidnapping-43886483?cid=share_facebook_widget

"Her left hand was in the vehicle, chained to something."
"She was chained anytime she was in a vehicle."
"They opened the door....she doesn't know she has a bag over her head."
"They cut something to free her restraint that was holding her into the vehicle and then kind of pushed her out of the vehicle."

That one statement: "She was chained anytime she was in a vehicle." makes me think that she may have been moved around versus only picked up and dropped off in a vehicle.

How do you brand a message on someone's skin? One that can be read?

You could use any straight metal object, such as the blunt side of a knife. Hold it in a flame for a minute, then press it on the skin.

I don't think this was human trafficking I think it seems more personal.

How do you brand a message on someone's skin? One that can be read?

Ok. The branding thing. Surely I'm not the only Websleuther who researched this.... :)

Branding all of a sudden is the new tattoo. Football stars are doing it. I would never. The real deal is painful and requires attention afterwards so as not to have an infection develop. But you can also do "branding" with the tip of a paper clip and create a temporary burn that disappears in time. I have no idea which we are looking at here.

True, but personally, I would have just been happy with an eye color...
Brown.blue , or green, they are pretty basic.[emoji87]

. . . and, just to throw yet another variable into the equation, one or both of them could have been wearing colored contact lenses.

I feel like others in this thread - so frustrated by the lack of info! So, I indulged in roughly 6 of those mini Snickers - there goes my exercise for today! Oh, well.

Tomorrow IS another day! :crazy:

You could use any straight metal object, such as the blunt side of a knife. Hold it in a flame for a minute, then press it on the skin.

You could be quite creative with a screwdriver and a gas stove or flame.

*Never personally branded anyone but did use to do pyrography when I was younger

Thanks, skibaboo! I don't know if you saw my other post, but it's actually RPD that would have the report. Sorry :( Got any links for them?

I tried finding this also. I SWEAR earlier in all this I came across their daily logs page. It wasn't a pdf file like Shasta County, it was just on their webpage. But now I cannot find anything. I'm looking also because I didn't see the report on her in Shasta.

Something is nagging at me about this...
I'm not a big believer in coincidences.
Where did Sherri go on her trip in October?
Was it in California US or abroad?
I remember that it could have been either based on the city name.
San Jose?
San Juan?
I can't remember! I do remember wondering if it was in Brazil.

"That is why everyone of them was out searching last weekend, one notable family rented search helicopters and another couple cut their vacation short and flew home across the Atlantic while another flew down from Idaho.”

"Rodriguez said he went on vacations with the couple and celebrated their wedding anniversary, which was in early October."

*https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...sband-missing-redding-20161110-story,amp.html

"Eventually, Everson, marketing director of Air Shasta Rotor & Wing in Redding, left the rest stop and called the police."*

*http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ed-sherri-papini-before-she-was-found-w452728

MOO

I too believe the ransom money was paid for SP's release. When the first $50,000 reward was offered, I would guess negotiations began. A $100,000 reward/ransom is a very large amount of money even in terms of obtaining moenies illegally, whether that be through drugs, human trafficking or money laundering. Human trafficking is the #1 illegal way money is laundered in this country, despite that most people think it is through drugs. I have a feeling the money was paid and LE is working with the banks, the "anonymous" doner and even treasury to trace this money. Someone cannot just walk into a bank and withdraw that sort of cash without flags being raised, including freezing of assets if a suspecipis activity report (SAR) is raised. This is also done for suspicious wire transfers. Essentially this may be the ultimate downfall, IMO.

I am new to this group but am an anti-money laundering risk professional at a major international bank and this case immediately has me on alert. To the moderators, feel free to contact me to verify my crededenrials. Also I'm happy to further elaborate on how cash and wire transfers are traced, before and after transactions.

I'm way behind because I cooked dinner for a change! This reminded me of something Sheriff said today, didn't he state they are going through cell phone records? Could one of the phone records they are reviewing be the burner phone the pastor used for the ransom? Can't remember his name or initials, sorry!

Do you think this was possibly an act of jealousy? Could Sherri have been having an affair and the wife or girlfriend of the man found out?

What's really weird is the fact that a gift or gifts were half wrapped at the house when Sherri went missing. She knew there was a possibility her husband might come home for lunch. So why go out for a run and leave a gift for him half wrapped knowing this?

Things just don't make sense.

I posted some of my thoughts earlier in the day around noon. But for some reason this thread doesn't go back past 1:34PM. What happened to the other posts?

I just don't see this girl cutting her hair or having someone else do it. I don't see her allowing herself to be branded either.

Or perhaps an amulet, ala Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I was thinking a needle, screwdriver, or even matchsticks would work. Something you could heat and scratch into the skin, though to be considered a brand I think would leave a deeper wound.

Seriously, hubby needs to zip it for now...let LE do their work. Wrong time for an interview.

Seriously, hubby needs to zip it for now...let LE do their work. Wrong time for an interview.

Too late. Way to compromise an investigation. Then again, many people were suspicious and blaming them for NOT giving out info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1