Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the press conference happened yet? Just catching up on older conferences on Youtube right now.
Also John Lordan who does case profiles on missing persons did an update on this case on Youtube.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Catching up after a day of being away. I watched the press conference. I really wish someone had asked the sheriff about the report that Sherri was seen at a gas station/rest stop on the 22nd.

I'm really not clear what the Sheriff said today, he will not be conducting anymore one-on-one interviews...Did this mean Sherri???

This does sound to me like more than the two women were involved. It is so elaborate.

Perhaps the sheriff is focusing on the two women in his remarks because they are the weak links in the group. Thinking that they will come forward rather than having this whole thing pinned on them.

Sherri made the top stories on both CNN and nbcnews.com

CNN: (link removed due to problem)
NBC news: California Mom Held for Weeks Recounts Ordeal to Cops

Here's the image from NBC News top stories:
attachment.php

Attachments

• sherri_phone12.jpg
    sherri_phone12.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 468
He had said SP was cooperating with the investigation before. Could this have changed or could he have just exhausted all of the information that she could provide. I wonder.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Anyone else notice that the captors were first identified by 'voice recognition' and now we have partial descriptions?

Just one more strange detail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-moment-released-captors-dumped-roadside.html

The husband of the California mom who was missing for three weeks after allegedly being kidnapped while out jogging has spoken about the moment she was freed.

Keith Papini, who was finally reunited with his wife Sherri on Thanksgiving Day after her harrowing ordeal, told ABC News' 20/20 that his wife had been kept 'bound' at all times in her kidnapper's vehicle until her release.

'She had a metal chain around her waist,' he said. 'She had a bag over her head. She was chained anytime she was in a vehicle.'

'They opened the door... they cut something, freed her restraints that were holding her in the vehicle and they pushed her out.'

Possibilities.

1. Gang Initiation. Nothing is inconsistent with this being a gang initiation. The fact that the suspects are females proves nothing. There are female gang members, and they get initiated. It should be investigated.

2. Hate Crime. Hate is on the rise in the US. I would not be surprised if this turned out to be a hate crime. It should be investigated.

3. Kidnapping for sexual assault and torture. I see nothing inconsistent, with this being a sex crime. Again the fact that the suspects are females, should not eliminate this possibility. There could be suspects involved, other than just the two females. It should be investigated.

4. An acquaintance with a vindictive. They can investigate it, but I doubt they will be able to find any suspect who would have a motive to do this to her. Some person who she might have had issues with in high school, is unlikely to still be holding enough of a grudge, to come back and kidnap her and torture her, 15 years after the fact. That person or persons, would have to have some really serious mental issues, to do that. I hope they don't waste too much time investigating the possibility.

5. Human trafficking. I know this is going to PO a lot of people, but human trafficking is a non issue in this country. It makes great movies and books, but in real life it doesn't work. It's too easy for LE to break up any such rings. LE in the US is constantly conducting stings for prostitution.

The examples given in this thread for human trafficking, are mostly teenage runaways who get involved with pimps. Which is totally irrelevant to this case. I hope they don't waste a lot of time investigating the possibility of human trafficking.

Just posting an article referencing the private investigator hired by SP's family. I'm not sure if Garcia, the other PI interviewed early on was also retained. But this is the first I've heard of this one.

"I think when you do look at the cases where someone is missing for an extended period of time, especially 20 plus days, it becomes less and less likely that they're going to find the person alive," detective Cody Salfen told NBC News about the case if Sherri Papini. "And when I found out that she was alive, I was ecstatic."

Salfen was hired by Papini’s family shortly after Papini disappeared Nov. 2 near her Redding home. She was found beaten and shackled along Interstate 5 near Sacramento on Thanksgiving Day.

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference Wednesday that Papini showed signs of torture and starvation.

"I will confirm the suspects did brand her," Bosenko said. "I will not get into details of where the brand is located on her body or what was branded, for the integrity of the investigation."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ikely-Outcome-in-Mom-Abduction-403920406.html

[video=youtube;KF7VP1nqf-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF7VP1nqf-U[/video]

New Details in Sherri Papini's Alleged Kidnapping
ABC News Published on Nov 30, 2016

I know this is going to PO a lot of people, but human trafficking is a non issue in this country. It makes great movies and books, but in real life it doesn't work. It's too easy for LE to break up any such rings. LE in the US is constantly conducting stings for prostitution.

First real post here; been following this thread for the last few days. I'm so glad to see that there are people on here that recognize this. Human trafficking is a moral panic that's basically the equivalent of the "satanic panic" of the 80s. I'm always amazed at how little skepticism people have about the wild claims anti-trafficking NGOs make about trafficking. There are tons of good articles out there that debunk the idea that sex-trafficking is the huge problem people like to claim it is.

I am not sure why KP is doing this interview, knowing any or all details he releases will potentially jeopardize the investigation. I understand he feels like he should "set the record" straight. It is also my understanding that networks don't *pay* for interviews, but they compensate in other ways.

Me either. Can someone tell me what the benefit of doing an interview, against LE's wishes, this quick is? I understand why he released the statement but the interview seems overboard.

I am seriously bothered by KP giving so many details that the investigation could be messed up.

Thats all I am going to say about that.

Only two possibilities as far as I'm concerned:

1. Psychopaths. Possibly with personal motive.
2. Hoax.

The second one seems very unlikely at this point, but it sadly cannot be ruled out.

I often imagine what it must be like to be a LE professional.

I mean, let's say you're an accountant, to pick a profession. You're educated, you have experience, you were hired and you go to work and continue to work. Now, imagine if there were a thousand, 2 thousand, 10,000 random people who are not accountants virtually looking over your shoulder, insinuating you didn't know how to do your job, a job you trained for, a job that takes a certain amount of time to do because there are numerous steps involved and questions that have to be resolved and not all the answers are apparent. Maybe you're part of a team of accountants on a big audit, so you are doing one piece of the work but there are many pieces and others are involved.

You have a boss, there's a protocol you follow, a chain-of-command. Your job is yours and not someone else's.

Now, imagine that random people out there on the Interwebs were openly criticizing your work, even though they don't actually see what you're doing, they are trying to virtually give you 'instructions' (as if you don't have a clue what to do and are not a trained professional).

How would you feel about that? You might think people are off their rockers. I imagine you'd continue to do your job as trained, to the best of your ability and follow the processes as defined.

It must be bizarre to be in LE and experience all of that (above).

Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tied up in a vehicle for 3 weeks? Did I hear that correct? She must have been held in a remote rural area. Any mention of sexual assault? The odds are she probably was. I no longer think this is a hoax. I think they will catch who did it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I'm really not clear what the Sheriff said today, he will not be conducting anymore one-on-one interviews...Did this mean Sherri???
No, he meant one-on-one interviews with reporters. He's speaking to reporters and letting them know what to expect from him. No more info from him unless he has something substantial to report.

The sheriff:

The sheriff’s office will continue to update the media when information is developed. As of today, there’s not going to be further one-on-one interviews, press conferences or news releases unless new information or developments in the case take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member