Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this earlier but I still can't get it out of my head. The phone appears to have been nicely placed down. The present half wrapped, of an american flag pillow, with the card already written out. Was the wrapping paper for Christmas? I will say Nov. 2 is very early and now that the phone seems to have very carefully been placed on the ground, it seems like the half wrapped present was carefully done. I don't know exactly where I'm going with this. It just seems very similar and again...coincidental.

Possibilities.

1. Gang Initiation. Nothing is inconsistent with this being a gang initiation. The fact that the suspects are females proves nothing. There are female gang members, and they get initiated. It should be investigated.

2. Hate Crime. Hate is on the rise in the US. I would not be surprised if this turned out to be a hate crime. It should be investigated.

3. Kidnapping for sexual assault and torture. I see nothing inconsistent, with this being a sex crime. Again the fact that the suspects are females, should not eliminate this possibility. There could be suspects involved, other than just the two females. It should be investigated.

4. An acquaintance with a vindictive. They can investigate it, but I doubt they will be able to find any suspect who would have a motive to do this to her. Some person who she might have had issues with in high school, is unlikely to still be holding enough of a grudge, to come back and kidnap her and torture her, 15 years after the fact. That person would have to have some really serious mental issues, to do that. I hope they don't waste too much time investigating the possibility.

5. Human trafficking. I know this is going to PO a lot of people, but human trafficking is a non issue in this country. It makes great movies and books, but in real life it doesn't work. It's too easy for LE to break up any such rings. LE in the US is constantly conducting stings for prostitution.

The examples given in this thread for human trafficking, are mostly teenage runaways who get involved with pimps. Which is totally irrelevant to this case. I hope they don't waste a lot of time investigating the possibility of human trafficking.

BBM - This simply is not true. I live in Las Vegas where trafficking is a serious problem. But the victims are teenage girls - mostly runaways - not suburban moms out for a jog. This is one reason I'm feeling the way I am about this particular case.

Only two possibilities as far as I'm concerned:

1. Psychopaths. Possibly with personal motive.
2. Hoax.

The second one seems very unlikely at this point, but it sadly cannot be ruled out.

I'm really believing 1 to be true.

What I want to watch is the KP interview when Bosenko announces that the arrest warrants have been issued...

No, he meant one-on-one interviews with reporters. He's speaking to reporters and letting them know what to expect from him. No more info from him unless he has something substantial to report.

Thank you for clarifying this. I'm a newbie - no excuse

I'm thinking this is going to be a "follow the money" type of case. Pretty sure LE will figure it out.

I mentioned this earlier but I still can't get it out of my head. The phone appears to have been nicely placed down. The present half wrapped, of an american flag pillow, with the card already written out. Was the wrapping paper for Christmas? I will say Nov. 2 is very early and now that the phone seems to have very carefully been placed on the ground, it seems like the half wrapped present was carefully done. I don't know exactly where I'm going with this. It just seems very similar and again...coincidental.

l have had the same thoughts. So strategically placed...

What I read is that the earbuds/cord were wound around the phone. So, if it was dropped, it doesn't necessarily mean the cord would instantly come unwound. So, I think there's more ambiguity than it might at first appear.

"His nonprofit company, Project Taken, specializes in teaching people how toavoid, survive and escape kidnapping and hostage situations. He also works withhostage extraction groups both in the US and overseas, cooperating with lawenforcement where possible but also operating in some overseas regions where thatisn’t possible. His non-profit company, which has applied for 501(c)(3) status offers seminars withdurations of 1 hours, 1 day, or 1 week. For more information, go to his web site:http://projecttaken.com/" http://www.directory-online.com/Rotary/Accounts/5160/Downloads/0/July 2013 news/project taken.pdf

Is he the Bethel church pastor? Odder by the nanosecond.

Seems like a whole lotta delusion/paranoia going on and folks are getting sucked up. What's in Redding's water?

Of all the theories posted so far, have we considered a cult? I know it's far out, but between that church and other weirdness in Redding...could the branding be retaliation for leaving one?

I respectfully disagree completely with your statement that "human trafficking is a non issue in this country." It is happening from coast to coast, with California leading the country in trafficking crimes. The FBI stings aren't just looking for prostitutes, they're looking for (and rescuing) trafficking victims. Maybe we should just stop referring to it as trafficking and call it what it really is, MODERN DAY SLAVERY. BBM JMO

LOS ANGELES POLICE ARREST 198 IN SEX TRAFFICKING OPERATION, RESCUE 18 VICTIMS

http://www.newsweek.com/sex-trafficking-los-angeles-fbi-lapd-420614

FBI rescues 82 children in nationwide sex trafficking sting

http://nbc4i.com/2016/10/28/fbi-rescues-82-children-in-nationwide-sex-trafficking-sting/
29 pimps, prostitutes in N.J. arrested in FBI child sex trafficking bust

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/29_pimps_prostitutes_in_nj_arrested_in_fbi_human_t.html

FBI recovers 9 child sex trafficking victims in Colorado, Wyoming as part of national operation

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/18/fbi-colorado-child-sex-trafficking-victims-rescue/

FBI sex trafficking raids in Kansas City area lead to recovery of five teens, four women

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article108863117.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article108863117.html

FBI sex trafficking bust recovers 168 kids, some never reported missing

http://nypost.com/2014/07/30/fbi-sex-trafficking-bust-recovers-168-kids-some-never-reported-missing/

Possibilities.

1. Gang Initiation. Nothing is inconsistent with this being a gang initiation. The fact that the suspects are females proves nothing. There are female gang members, and they get initiated. It should be investigated.

2. Hate Crime. Hate is on the rise in the US. I would not be surprised if this turned out to be a hate crime. It should be investigated.

3. Kidnapping for sexual assault and torture. I see nothing inconsistent, with this being a sex crime. Again the fact that the suspects are females, should not eliminate this possibility. There could be suspects involved, other than just the two females. It should be investigated.

4. An acquaintance with a vindictive. They can investigate it, but I doubt they will be able to find any suspect who would have a motive to do this to her. Some person who she might have had issues with in high school, is unlikely to still be holding enough of a grudge, to come back and kidnap her and torture her, 15 years after the fact. That person would have to have some really serious mental issues, to do that. I hope they don't waste too much time investigating the possibility.

5. Human trafficking. I know this is going to PO a lot of people, but human trafficking is a non issue in this country. It makes great movies and books, but in real life it doesn't work. It's too easy for LE to break up any such rings. LE in the US is constantly conducting stings for prostitution.

The examples given in this thread for human trafficking, are mostly teenage runaways who get involved with pimps. Which is totally irrelevant to this case. I hope they don't waste a lot of time investigating the possibility of human trafficking.

Me either. Can someone tell me what the benefit of doing an interview, against LE's wishes, this quick is? I understand why he released the statement but the interview seems overboard.
Because it's 20/20?
Eventually sell the rights for a movie?

I am sure LE is very frustrated.

Because it's 20/20?
Eventually sell the rights for a movie?

I am sure LE is very frustrated.

I'm sure too. He spoke, they replied saying they were blindsided. Next day - 20/20 interview announced for Friday. :waitasec:

I would love to hear if there are any positive benefits to doing this for the investigation.

2. Hoax.

The second one seems very unlikely at this point, but it sadly cannot be ruled out.

How could this possibly be a hoax? Do you think she tortured herself? The hoax theory should have probably been ruled out form the start. But at this point, I think it can be 100% ruled out.

How could this possibly be a hoax? Do you think she tortured herself? The hoax theory should have probably been ruled out form the start. But at this point, I think it can be 100% ruled out.

l don't think anything can be ruled out at this point. JMO.

2. Hoax.

I started thinking about the person who impersonated her on a website who was trying to make trouble for her. Could it be the same person trying to fuel another womans jealousy , to provoke what happened to Sherri? Maybe a rumor was started to the effect that SP was interested in another womans man. omething along these lines.

I respectfully disagree completely with your statement that "human trafficking is a non issue in this country." It is happening from coast to coast, with California leading the country in trafficking crimes. The FBI stings aren't just looking for prostitutes, they're looking for (and rescuing) trafficking victims. Maybe we should just stop referring to it as trafficking and call it what it really is, MODERN DAY SLAVERY. BBM JMO

I used to think this to, but when you actually do the research it starts becoming pretty apparent that "sex trafficking" is a moral panic with very little basis in reality. It sounds crazy, but in the 1980s people, non-profits, the media, and even law enforcement bought into the "satanic ritual abuse" panic. Compared to that, "sex trafficking" is OBVIOUSLY a far more plausible issue.

I have a couple friends who think I'm nuts whenever we start discussing sex trafficking and I'm skeptical about it, so I've compiled a list of interesting articles about "sex trafficking" on Google Documents that are written from a skeptical position. I think that ANYONE who is interested in the topic is doing themselves a disservice if they don't investigate some dissenting opinion on the matter. Below is the link to the document with the articles I've compiled. At the very least give the ones I've filed under "must reads" a shot; I think you'll find them fascinating.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zCvWy4YTv43m0s1zLJ4JUxULd6pklR880axxOZw8_uw/edit?usp=sharing

Since you claimed that California "[leads] the country in trafficking crimes" I'd also highly recommend checking out this article. Basically, tons of different states make the same exact claim with little to no actual evidence to support their claims. As an Oregonian I was convinced for years that Portland, OR was the biggest "sex trafficking" hub in America, but it was literally just a claim that I'd heard repeated over and over that fell apart the second I started actually looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member