Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really confused in any of my possible theories now if there were only the 2 women during the entire 3 weeks.

I had assumed that although it was women that picked up and dropped her off that there others involved in her imprisonment and torture.

What the heck was going on!!!

Really, I would never lie to law enforcement... We are different people, thus makes the world go round...

Someone earlier mentioned the Kibby case. He abducted a teenage girl, held her for nine months, voluntarily let her go, threatened to kill her and her family if she ratted him out to the police. After her release, she did initially lie about the description of the perp out of fear. When she finally identified her attacker, a lot of people assumed she was lying. Kibby was arrested and pleaded guilty.

I personally don't believe I would lie to LE, but if I was held for 3 weeks (or 9 months), there's no telling what my frame of mind might be after that type of trauma, esp if I thought my children could be at risk. So I'll never say never.

(I would hope that after I had a bit of time to heal, I would realize that my best chance at safety - mine and my family's - would be to work with LE to be sure the perps are apprehended.)

omg. shef, rosie, hatfield, concernedcitizen, desert-blue etc and there are so many...Iona might be my new favorite poster. :hills:
Thanks White Rabbit...
However, I am trying very hard to just sit here in my corner, my fingers only slip out every once in a while...[emoji48]

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say yes SP knows more and yes LE knows more of what she knows. They won't and aren't going to release everything. I personally believe they know more about the descriptions but it doesn't mean they will or have to tell the public.

I follow two local cases...one has pretty much gone cold. No updates although they say it's an ongoing investigation- but that doesn't mean they are just going to tell us everything they know. Another, Chelsea Bruck for those in the area, their pressers consisted of the same type of responses/info. "We are still collecting evidence." "We don't know at this time" "We didn't find anything in our searches"etc..etc.......guess what? They did and it's starting to come out in court now that they have their guy.

If they have any chance of eventually catching who is responsible, they need that information for themselves, not to satisfy the public. ( I'm not implying that it's not important for the public to know bc they are in danger. I feel if there was a great danger, more would be released. )

Unfortunately "crazy" things are happening more now than before. Why do kids/people get shot? Why do girls get grabbed walking/biking/running? Is there a motive? Maybe. We don't know it but I would "assume" the motives for many things are unknown. Maybe in this case a motive is discovered but I feel so many things happen that are just random and unfortunate. I'll just stop there and hope every sentence isn't picked apart bc I'm just trying to making a generalized statement and not start debates about the "random/motive". I've read every post in all the threads so I know what thoughts are out there. :dunno::fear:

Someone earlier mentioned the Kibby case. He abducted a teenage girl, held her for nine months, voluntarily let her go, threatened to kill her and her family if she ratted him out to the police. After her release, she did initially lie about the description of the perp out of fear. When she finally identified her attacker, a lot of people assumed she was lying. Kibby was arrested and pleaded guilty.

I'd personally don't believe I would lie to LE, but if I was help for 3 weeks (or 9 months), there's no telling what my frame of mind might be after that type of trauma, esp if I thought my children could be at risk. So I'll never say never.

When Elizabeth Smart was approached by a couple cops she initially lied and told them the made-up name she was given by her captors. It wasn't until the cops got her alone and made her understand she was really safe that she finally said her real name. (source: her book).

Does anyone wanna join me in a group scream?

I am frustrated as heck, maybe a good scream into a pillow will make us all feel a bit better?

A lot less painful than banging my head against a brick wall anyway lol

C'mon down in the rabbit hole. I have wine. Keeps me from screaming and headbanging LOL

I don't know how to delete the post below and don't want to break TOS if interpreted to be rumored. But it appears the report was to Redding PD. Has anyone seen a link to access their logs? It would've been 2 women who tased and punched a young woman at the dog park. Just think it could be relevant given the similarities. I know the sheriff stated that the 2 women were suspected in SP's abduction, so they're obviously involved. But what if they were "bottoms" to a trafficker and he was arrested. I would think the impending heat would be reason to release SP. JMO

Does anyone know how to access the Shasta Co. logs prior to 11/20? There was a report on the 11th or 12th on the local crime page of 2 older Hispanic women in a black Explorer involved in an attack a local park. Would like to see what the logs say, but I can't locate older dates.

Maybe LE doesn't want the public to be on the lookout for the suspects. Maybe they believe it's too dangerous and that's why the description is so vague. They don't want anyone trying to play sheriff. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd personally don't believe I would lie to LE, but if I was help for 3 weeks (or 9 months), there's no telling what my frame of mind might be after that type of trauma, esp if I thought my children could be at risk. So I'll never say never.

(I would hope that after I had a bit of time to heal, I would realize that my best chance at safety - mine and my family's - would be to worth with LE to be sure the perps are apprehended.)

Yes, I totally agree with this.

I think she's in a very fragile state and LE might have to work with her more to get this figured out. I do feel for her, having to go through this investigation process.

:(

There is another obvious... Among hispanics, there can be a great variation in skin color, it can be as different as day and night... Think about it...

True, but the variation can be in the eye of the beholder. For example, if SP has had limited interaction with Hispanics, then she might not have been able to put a fine point on those differences. You and I might see umpteen different shades of brown; she might only see "brown".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to interject something that lands at random and is pretty hard to write about, but I think it's worth the trade off...

15 years ago, I was violently raped. When describing my attacker to the police, I really couldn't remember much at all. I literally remember during the attack thinking to myself to take in everything and remember it. But after it happened, I lost every bit of information I'd so carefully tried to take in. But I did remember he had very rounded fingernails and wore a shirt with light blue stitching around the top button hole.

The colour of his hair? Gone.
His facial features? Gone.

In later months, I would slowly and gradually get some information and details back, but some is gone forever.

I felt utterly useless in my descriptions to police.

I don't want Sherri to be called a liar simply because she only remembers earrings or eyebrows. I know people are working on theories and have doubts etc, but I think my point is that if this did happen to Sherri, the fact that she remembers minimal details doesn't negate her experience.

This case has taught me to be a bit kinder and a bit less vocal until I'm sure. I don't want others to feel the same sense that they've been cruel where they needn't have been.

Sorry for derailing whatever conversation has been going on while I write, but I feel quite strongly that a lack of detail does not always equate to a lack of truth.

But he didn't release any information that will help catch the perps or solve the crime, imo. He just lavishly described her injuries. No info on who may have had her or why or where she may have been held.
He was responding to the fact that people were subjecting his family to social media abuse, especially people who were claiming the whole thing was a hoax. The description of her injuries helps to refute those claims. I don't think his intent was to help people solve the crime, other than to keep them from wasting time pursuing ridiculous theories.

I'd like to interject something that lands at random and is pretty hard to write about, but I think it's worth the trade off...

15 years ago, I was violently raped. When describing my attacker to the police, I really couldn't remember much at all. I literally remember during the attack thinking to myself to take in everything and remember it. But after it happened, I lost every bit of information I'd so carefully tried to take in. But I did remember he had very rounded fingernails and wore a shirt with light blue stitching around the top button hole.

In later months, I would slowly and gradually get some information and details back, but some is gone forever.

I don't want Sherri to be called a liar simply because she only remembers earrings or eyebrows. I know people are working on theories and have doubts etc, but I think my point is that if this did happen to Sherri, the fact that she remembers minimal details doesn't negate her experience.

This case has taught me to be a bit kinder and a bit less vocal until I'm sure. I don't want others to feel the same sense that they've been cruel where they needn't have been.

Sorry for derailing whatever conversation has been going on while I write, but I feel quite strongly that a lack of detail does not always equate to a lack of truth.

I'm so sorry that that happened to you. Sending lots of hugs your way. <3

I can't keep up. Has anyone made a poll yet on what the motive could be?
Here is what I am gathering are the most common suggestions:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
3. Specifically targeted and taken for ransom
4. Personally targeted by someone she knows/knows her family

Anything I'm missing?

I am under the impression she was very pro concealed weapon carry so I would "guess" she would be able to identify the type of gun they had no?

Also , what type of mask would be used that you could give a description of eyes/eyebrows but nothing else? A ski mask doesn't show eyebrows does it? And then a bandana covering most of the face would be able to show face shape wouldn't it?

And whatever it was on the young one had to show earrings. So.............if the earrings are showing, why don't we have the description of what kind? Lot of folks don't change earrings every day..........

Getting dizzy again......

After 22 days she did not know why she was abducted? Or what they wanted from her? She must have some idea about their motive, but Sheriff is still unaware of motive.......JMO

I will bet that she does not speak or understand spanish which plays into the hands of whoever abducted her - they could have been talking about it the whole time and she would have no idea of what was said. Maybe the women don't speak English and she doesn't speak spanish. I am beginning to think (and my opinion only) that the 2 women were working under the direction of another or others and getting their orders through them. Figuring women dealing with a women would not point to "them". JMOO

Very well said -- and I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. You make a good point. Few of us can really empathize with Sherri, unless we've gone through it ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay