Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep up. Has anyone made a poll yet on what the motive could be?
Here is what I am gathering are the most common suggestions:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
3. Specifically targeted and taken for ransom
4. Personally targeted by someone she knows/knows her family

Anything I'm missing?

Can we add a "None of the Above" or "Against TOS" category [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LozDa and Pineappleexpress,

I appreciate you both sharing your experiences. I know how hard it can be to dredge up the past. I hope you continue to heal and get stronger everyday. Your stories are evidence to me that people may try to break one's spirit by physically harming them but the awful things done to a person can make them stronger. Thank you for sharing.

I saw that a few times but I wasn't sure if we could discuss it much so left it off.
If it's ok with mods, let's make "Hate Crime" number 5.
Feel free to choose more than one/make a hybrid.

Poll:
What is your theory on motive?

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
5. Hate crime
I have no idea. I doubt 3 and 5. As for the perps 'sending a message', I also doubt it. I mean, if there's a message, it sure isn't obvious to anyone.

Did she get to shower or change clothes during that time?

I would need to change my contacts during that time.

Unfortunately from what it sounds like she went through, I don't think they would be very concerned with meeting her needs. (And I'm not being snarky.) But ya never know I guess.

True, but the variation can be in the eye of the beholder. For example, if SP has had limited interaction with Hispanics, then she might not have been able to put a fine point on those differences. You and I might see umpteen different shades of brown; she might only see "brown".

True, but personally, I would have just been happy with an eye color...
Brown.blue , or green, they are pretty basic.[emoji87]

I lived in a small town in high school. I most certainly did have the same peers for years afterward. until like 24-25.

So, if the abductor's intent was always to release SP alive, why did it take 3 weeks? Those injuries could have been inflicted in a matter of hours.

Also, if SP was 20 or 21 when the blog story was written, it was NOT a high school prank.

I'd like to interject something that lands at random and is pretty hard to write about, but I think it's worth the trade off...

15 years ago, I was violently raped. When describing my attacker to the police, I really couldn't remember much at all. I literally remember during the attack thinking to myself to take in everything and remember it. But after it happened, I lost every bit of information I'd so carefully tried to take in. But I did remember he had very rounded fingernails and wore a shirt with light blue stitching around the top button hole.

The colour of his hair? Gone.
His facial features? Gone.

In later months, I would slowly and gradually get some information and details back, but some is gone forever.

I felt utterly useless in my descriptions to police.

I don't want Sherri to be called a liar simply because she only remembers earrings or eyebrows. I know people are working on theories and have doubts etc, but I think my point is that if this did happen to Sherri, the fact that she remembers minimal details doesn't negate her experience.

This case has taught me to be a bit kinder and a bit less vocal until I'm sure. I don't want others to feel the same sense that they've been cruel where they needn't have been.

Sorry for derailing whatever conversation has been going on while I write, but I feel quite strongly that a lack of detail does not always equate to a lack of truth.

Thank you for sharing such a personal matter. I'm sorry you had to go through that!

Part of the reason is to deal with tips or people claiming to have inside information. From what I've heard, high-profile cases often bring kooks out of the woodwork. It's easier to verify a claim if it contains information not released to the public.

So true.

I'm wondering if her head was only covered when she was being transported between locations. The sheriff saying she was "isolated" at times led me back to the November 12th log (top of page 2). A family friend of SP's was contacted by someone stating there was a female being held (by a male) against her will in a storage container/shed. Officers appear to have been on site for about 3 hours that morning. Of course, she may have already been moved to a stash house or other location. With the reference to the storage container, my mind went to TK in SC, wondering if SP was also only fed once a day. But if she was at this location, hopefully evidence was obtained that will lead to an arrest(s). JMO

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

SP sometimes had something over her head, at other times her captors had their faces covered to hide their identities. will discuss with a sketch artist if it is possible to have sketches mae showing just the eye region of the faces as described by SP.

Not providing information on specifics of where she may have been taken after her abduction at this time.

We do not have any specific info if this crime was related to cartel or human trafficking.

We are touching base with other organizations and looking into those aspects.

last question

I don't have specific info as to location or locations were she may have been taken

The thing I keep wondering about is safety for the community and more specifically for Sherri Papini and her family. If she only saw their eyes then even if she met them in a grocery store, she might not recognize them. To me, that means she is very vulnerable to these people.
The sheriff nor her husband have talked about the security the family is using. Are they in hiding? Is there house surrounded by police? Should people in the Redding area lock their doors, not go jogging?
These are the things that make me feel like there's more to this story. If you don't know who abducted a citizen of your town and you don't know why, you have to assume everyone there could be in danger. Only, the police aren't acting like that.

Particle/dust mask is what came to my mind.

My first thought was a bandana across the faces leaving the eyes to be seen and possibly ears and the hair. My 2nd thought was a hijab (is that correct) that would come around the face area and leave eye area open but that wouldn't let you see hair and/or ears. And honestly, I can look at someone from the eyes/forehead and tell if they are "older" or "younger" just by looking at them. How old or how young can be difficult but a "younger" or "older" should be sort of easy just by the eye and forehead area. JMOO

I'd like to interject something that lands at random and is pretty hard to write about, but I think it's worth the trade off...

15 years ago, I was violently raped. When describing my attacker to the police, I really couldn't remember much at all. I literally remember during the attack thinking to myself to take in everything and remember it. But after it happened, I lost every bit of information I'd so carefully tried to take in. But I did remember he had very rounded fingernails and wore a shirt with light blue stitching around the top button hole.

The colour of his hair? Gone.
His facial features? Gone.

In later months, I would slowly and gradually get some information and details back, but some is gone forever.

I felt utterly useless in my descriptions to police.

I don't want Sherri to be called a liar simply because she only remembers earrings or eyebrows. I know people are working on theories and have doubts etc, but I think my point is that if this did happen to Sherri, the fact that she remembers minimal details doesn't negate her experience.

This case has taught me to be a bit kinder and a bit less vocal until I'm sure. I don't want others to feel the same sense that they've been cruel where they needn't have been.

Sorry for derailing whatever conversation has been going on while I write, but I feel quite strongly that a lack of detail does not always equate to a lack of truth.
Hugs to you, I hope that you are well... Thank you for sharing...

I am going to assume they have checked all the gas stations, convenience stores, walmarts, etc between redding and sacramento from the days before the kidnapping until the release looking for two hispanic women in an suv. Also checking for any purchases of the items used to make the restraints. She clearly was given water since we cannot live 21 days without water, and I assume we would not survive 21 days without food if we were a thin as she was already..so perhaps she can tell them what she ate. was it fast food, cans, what? I know she lost a lot of her body weight but she had to have had something. I also assume she can tell them if she was driven very far before being taken out of the suv, where she went to the restroom, and was she stashed for a time in some shed, shack, house, basement. So they have to have a search area...even if its just a giant circle. She spent 3 weeks with them. you mean a name did not slip in three weeks? Maybe they are keeping it vague so not to spook their suspects, and already know who they are..warrants have been prepared..maybe even sealed..and they are watching some location. Or maybe they have nothing but what they said today. If they got only what they said today, they got nothing.

I saw that a few times but I wasn't sure if we could discuss it much so left it off.
If it's ok with mods, let's make "Hate Crime" number 5.
Feel free to choose more than one/make a hybrid.

Poll:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
5. Hate crime

4 with 5 would be as close to what's swirling in my head

Can we add a "None of the Above" or "Against TOS" category [emoji854]

DOne.

Poll:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity
5. Hate crime
6. None of the above (Share more if NOT against TOS)

I can't keep up. Has anyone made a poll yet on what the motive could be?
Here is what I am gathering are the most common suggestions:

1. Human Trafficking
2. Gangs/Cartel activity

Anything I'm missing?
[emoji87] [emoji85] [emoji86]

Completely agree. Remember kp also got to the drop off site quickly and leaked info. There's a lot of communication going on without direct talking I think. Messages being sent. Not sleuthing but healthy skepticism.

In KPs formal statement I thought he said the first time he saw her was at the hospital.

Yes, two hispanic women flying to Mexico is sure specific enough to pick them out. Really. Even with the expanded descriptions you are describing a good portion of the people on those flights.

Well, even if there were a couple hundred passengers who left from airports close by in the early hours of thanksgiving day that fit the bill wouldn't it be worth looking over the names and swing if any have tires to redding, violent crime, SP etc? It's not like they would have to look at every fought in the us. There are only a small handful of airports close by that service Mexico and not very many flights to Mexico out of those airports. If you found two woman who traveled together that morning or of sac for example that had ties to redding or Yolo county with criminal records don't you think it would be worth looking at? P.S. I am a retired pilot so I'm aware of the numbers we are looking at passenger wise.

I'm brainstorming. Could SP have been kidnapped for her hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member