Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello did the husband accidentally say that the branding was "milf"? Then changed it to "metal" chain.

I think the consensus was that this is false. He says "there was a (something)..." The 'a' being in there makes it unlikely that the word was milf.

Also, Sheriff Bosenko said it was a message, possibly to Sherri, or to others. 'milf' doesn't really fit.

My coworker said that the husband accidentally said it on tv, like this was well known.

Does someone have a link to the clip in question?

I think the consensus was that this is false. He says "there was a (something)..." The 'a' being in there makes it unlikely that the word was milf.

Also, Sheriff Bosenko said it was a message, possibly to Sherri, or to others. 'milf' doesn't really fit.

I thought about it and could see it fitting if it was meant as a message from a stalker. So as a threat not a so-called "compliment." It could also be an accusation.

Ftr I don't think that's what KP said but it prompted me to consider what if it was?

My coworker said that the husband accidentally said it on tv, like this was well known.

NO, that is a false 'clue' that keeps being 'reported' in various sketchy blogs, etc. We replayed the audio here many times, and although it slightly sounds as if he might have said milf, upon replay, it is more likely he said metal.

There are a series of false 'clues' that keep being thrown out there, to try and create a false impression, imo. But if you investigate each one, you will find they are not factually correct. Makes for good click-bait though.

NO, that is a false 'clue' that keeps being 'reported' in various sketchy blogs, etc. We replayed the audio here many times, and although it slightly sounds as if he might have said milf, upon replay, it is more likely he said metal.

There are a series of false 'clues' that keep being thrown out there, to try and create a false impression, imo. But if you investigate each one, you will find they are not factually correct. Makes for good click-bait though.

The truth is we don't know what the brand says.

You know, I would be shocked if anyone didn't know but it wasn't that long ago I had to explain "superman."

I thought i might be the only one here familiar with such vulgar slang.

Do yall know what milf stands for?...
That could be a message i suppose?
https://www.google.com/search?q=milf&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Yes. But it would be strangely juvenile and would beg the question of why someone would inflict all of the injuries and then brand that message as opposed to any other. This is especially true, in my opinion, if it is the case of sex trafficking or if it is a case of revenge. It would only make sense to me if this whole thing was done just for fun.

Yesterday, I posted some personal speculation about Pg. 2 of the PR from Nov. 13 http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I'm not debating how well the tip was investigated, it's obvious that many officers responded. I'm just wondering if the report ended up carrying any weight/legitimacy or was possibly even still being examined.

Today, I spent some more time reading PR's pertaining to this case. I stumbled across pg. 3 from this Nov. 3 report (I know many of you have too): http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-03-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Similar to yesterday, I'm not questioning anything to do with the legitimacy or investigative aspects pertaining to this PR.

What I did though, was compare the two police reports. I found a common link in suspect licence plate numbers. Below, you will see three plates which are identical from each case, with two new plate numbers appearing on the 11-13-16 PR. Are we to assume this is an "all incidents" file? Whereas two new plates were added to the 11-13-16 report bringing the total to five suspect plates? OR were the same three plates generated from two different sources? Obviously these plates have been researched by the Investigators. I'm not familiar with licence plate sleuthing known suspected licence plates, but as the police report is public information and these listed licence plates are suspected vehicles, is there anything worthwhile here?

11-4-2016 Police Report Suspect Vehicle(s)
7PUF353 CA 2016 Tan Chevy Suburban
7HIJ606 CA 2016
7W47097 CA 2016

11-13-2016 Police Report Suspect Vehicle(s)
7PUF353 CA 2016 Tan Chevy
7HIJ606 CA 2016
7W47097 CA 2016
6F25880 CA 2016
4GIC261 CA 2016

I just noticed that 4th license plate. Holly molly! 6_?_880 (I won't post the missing letters) that one belongs to a main character on this saga.
Maybe is like the infamous address location that show up only on log reports, but we couldn't find on google maps, unless we use the right number. :thinking:

Good find!

I remember the freedom of running in the country when I was younger. I would not do it by myself now.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Violent crime has fallen dramatically over the past generation or so. Every stat demonstrates this. There are some exceptions for specific geographies, but on average, you are probably safer now running around in the country than when you were young.

The difference, of course, is that now we have so much more information, and hence the perception of crime everywhere has risen. But not the actual crimes themselves!

I think this is relevant in situations like this, when, for example, there is the perception that "sex trafficking" is everywhere, especially for 34 year old white women. It's not. And that false perception greatly impacts the likelihood of events we assume for many crimes.

Yes. But it would be strangely juvenile and would beg the question of why someone would inflict all of the injuries and then brand that message as opposed to any other. This is especially true, in my opinion, if it is the case of sex trafficking or if it is a case of revenge. It would only make sense to me if this whole thing was done just for fun.

Revenge/Punishment -
I suspect you slept with my partner so here's your 21st century scarlet letter.

Or a message - this is all you are in this world.

Or a threat - marking her with an intention.

Lots of scenarios could lead to this end - jealousy, possessiveness, powerlessness, contempt.

There could also be a history there - someone had said it to her? Like even if it seems unrelated now they could relate it to a previous incident.

I wouldn't read it as a joke or something funny at all. Far from it.

Yeah, very intriguing.

Unfortunately, due to backlogs, these things can take months.

I know that perpetrator DNA is often not found on crime victims, but sure hope it is in this case.

It doesn't appear that SP has been able to provide LE with a crime scene(s) description, nor a detailed suspect description, nor a detailed vehicle description, nor a possible motive. So, not a lot of circumstantial evidence to narrow the suspect pool. And, It doesn't seem likely, to me, that LE is going to get more details from SP.

Hoping hard that the perpetrator(s) left DNA or some other identifying markers on SP, her clothing, or the chain/restraints and that it can be matched to DNA in the criminal database...... and/or..........LE is able to get something of real value from surveillance cam, cell phone data, or computer searches.

I know that perpetrator DNA is often not found on crime victims, but sure hope it is in this case.

It doesn't appear that SP has been able to provide LE with a crime scene(s) description, nor a detailed suspect description, nor a detailed vehicle description, nor a possible motive. So, not a lot of circumstantial evidence to narrow the suspect pool. And, It doesn't seem likely, to me, that LE is going to get more details from SP.

Hoping hard that the perpetrator(s) left DNA or some other identifying markers on SP, her clothing, or the chain/restraints and that it can be matched to DNA in the criminal database + LE is able to get something of value from surveillance cam, cell phone data, and/or computer searches.

Part of the evidence is likely the electronics that were collected...my gut tells me this is where the biggest clues are going to be found.

I just noticed that 4th license plate. Holly molly! 6_?_880 (I won't post the missing letters) that one belongs to a main character on this saga.
Maybe is like the infamous address location that show up only on log reports, but we couldn't find on google maps, unless we use the right number. :thinking:

Good find!

Can you give us the initials of the person?

One theory I have not read, but may have missed, is the possibility of this being a gang initiation. The initiation is at times abducting and killing non gang members. I remember a cousin telling me about a case in her city in which 5 gang members (two being girl gang members) abducted people late night, from areas such as drive through fast food lanes and other places, took around 3 people, two girls were only around 18 and another woman was in her 40s, and shot them in the woods. One woman survived somewhere between 6 shots and crawled for over a mile until she found help. They were caught and I cannot recall if she said they received the death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966