Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very logical, gitana and I won't argue anymore if people want to discuss the man or why she was meeting him. I guess I prefer to wait for more information before drawing such a conclusion as "she was unhappy in her relationship". I don't see any other evidence pointing to that, JMO. I can think of dozens of other reasons for a woman to text a man to meet up that do not involve having an affair. I'm withholding judgement until and unless we find out if this was a secret romantic relationship. JMO.

We do have some evidence that points to an unhappy relationship:

1. A past history of many of SP's relationships being troubled and unhappy. Three of her immediate family members called police on her. She is divorced. She has a documented record of mental health issues and tumultuous relationships.

2. Neighbors of KP and SP called 911 and said they heard SP screaming.

I

You are very logical, gitana and I won't argue anymore if people want to discuss the man or why she was meeting him. I guess I prefer to wait for more information before drawing such a conclusion as "she was unhappy in her relationship". I don't see any other evidence pointing to that, JMO. I can think of dozens of other reasons for a woman to text a man to meet up that do not involve having an affair. I'm withholding judgement until and unless we find out if this was a secret romantic relationship. JMO.

Once again, I see no one discussing the man in Michigan. He has been cleared.

Why she was meeting him is absolutely relevant though, IMO. As is the release of the info by LE. They had no credible reason to mention she was planning to meet this guy a week before her disappearance, IMO except to create pressure of some sort.

I doubt hundreds of people were tying up lines with "did you hear about a guy she was planning to meet in Michigan?"

I think they released the info because it was known they went to Michigan, and if they left it out people would have been asking about it.

:seeya: Yes, LE went all the way from California to Michigan to investigate so no doubt, LE had to justify this added expense to an already extensive and expensive investigation.

:moo:

Once again, I see no one discussing the man in Michigan. He has been cleared.

Why she was meeting him is absolutely relevant though, IMO. As is the release of the info by LE. They had no credible reason to mention she was planning to meet this guy a week before her disappearance, IMO except to create pressure of some sort.

I doubt hundreds of people were tying up lines with "did you hear about a guy she was planning to meet in Michigan?"

Exactly. They were very strategic in releasing this information. They buried it amongst a bunch of other stuff. But to me, it is clear that they put Michigan man in that press release to put public pressure on both KP and SP.

Exactly. They were very strategic and releasing this information. They buried it amongst a bunch of other stuff. But to me, it is clear that they put Michigan man in that press release to put public pressure on both KP and SP.

BBM. Entirely possible, especially when couples with their vague allusion to release more information soon. In other words, "C'mon guys, you don't want us to show our whole hand to the world, do you? We will if we have to, but we'd rather just put this to bed, so maybe it's time to bring this charade to an end...."

I'm curious to know why they visited 4 towns in Michigan, all within a half hour of Detroit.
Plymouth, New Hudson, Northville and Canton.
Did they have a hard time tracking down this Michigan man?

We do have some evidence that points to an unhappy relationship:

1. A past history of many of SP's relationships being troubled and unhappy. Three of her immediate family members called police on her. She is divorced. She has a documented record of mental health issues and tumultuous relationships.

2. Neighbors of KP and SP called 911 and said they heard SP screaming.

I

The calls from her family were when she was between the ages of 18 and 21 and we know of nothing else like that since then. How do we know she wasn't a typical rebellious young person and her family was trying to get her help by offering "tough love"?

Please link to the documented mental health issues. I must have missed that. We also don't know why her first marriage ended only that it was very brief.

The neighbors call about her screaming was months AFTER she had been found. If I had been through what she has supposedly been through I would probably have at least one screaming breakdown afterwards too. You are drawing the conclusion the "screaming" was arguing with her spouse. I am drawing the conclusion it was likely an episode of PTSD. Maybe neither of us are correct.

After sleeping on this, I think the police released new information for one reason and one reason only. They wanted KP to know that SP was having an affair with Michigan man and planned to meet up with him around the time she went missing. They released a whole bunch of other stuff to make it look like it wasn't just about that. But in my opinion, that was the key message, and they were talking to an audience of one.

You dont think he already knew?:thinking:

in response to DailyMail.com's request for comment, Papini's spokeperson said:

'Keith Papini was watching Game of Thrones a little too loudly at 11PM, and because the Papinis are so beloved by their neighbors, a call was placed after someone heard "screaming" and the sounds of a 'Jaws type movie' coming from the Papinis' home. A wellness check was performed the next day to which no further inquiry or action was taken. This can also be verified by the appropriate authorities.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4873826/Sherri-Papini-seen-picking-children-Redding-CA.html

Is Sherri considered a victim on this site?

I havent been on this thread...thanks in advance..

The calls from her family were when she was between the ages of 18 and 21 and we know of nothing else like that since then. How do we know she wasn't a typical rebellious young person and her family was trying to get her help by offering "tough love"?

Please link to the documented mental health issues.
I must have missed that. We also don't know why her first marriage ended only that it was very brief.

The neighbors call about her screaming was months AFTER she had been found. If I had been through what she has supposedly been through I would probably have at least one screaming breakdown afterwards too. You are drawing the conclusion the "screaming" was arguing with her spouse. I am drawing the conclusion it was likely an episode of PTSD. Maybe neither of us are correct.

Harming yourself and blaming your mother for it (to the point where your mother feels she needs to reach out to the police for advice) is not normal behavior. Just my opinion.

I wonder if this was a revenge kidnapping and beatings. <modsnip>

Is Sherri considered a victim on this site?

I havent been on this thread...thanks in advance..

Yes, Sherri & her family ARE VICTIMS. There is a good explanation of terms & conditions in the opening post. Click on the word First by the page numbers to read it.

It was an iPhone, right? I think we had heard that.
So there's no way he could access it, even if he found it. Unless he knew her four digit code to get into the phone. But nobody knows my four digit code, not even my husband or children. And I'm not doing anything nefarious, for the record. [emoji23][emoji23]

:seeya:

BBM: I don't know much about I Phones ... lol ... but are they all password protected? TIA !

So, yes, he would need to know the password ...

:thinking: But weren't they a "happy couple" ... so why hide anything if you have nothing to hide ... JMO but I don't think they were the perfect couple as portrayed ...

:moo:

So Michigan man was in California on business but never met up with SP.

Could Michigan Man be the mysterious award donor?

I'm curious to know why they visited 4 towns in Michigan, all within a half hour of Detroit.
Makes me wonder if they thought she was in the area trying to find the Michigan man.

This was a man she had known for years!
*** They were there two days, I thought they went twice.

"But recently obtained expense reports from Nov. 9 through Nov. 11 indicate that detectives went to Detroit, Canton, New Hudson, Northville and Plymouth, Michigan."
http://www.ibtimes.com/sherri-papin...detectives-california-michigan-report-2484015

"The text messages went back several months to days before her disappearance,” says Jackson. “It was a prior contact that she had years before. Somebody she met and kept in contact with. A male acquaintance she was talking with."

" through*Jackson says the acquaintance had visited California — but not Redding — days before Papini went missing, adding that “there is no indication they met up. That is why we went back to Michigan and ruled out” that the acquaintance was involved."

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-dna-male-alleged-abduction/

****Edited to correct myself

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe checking his alibi and movements from friends, coworkers, family members.

Yes, Sherri & her family ARE VICTIMS. There is a good explanation of terms & conditions in the opening post. Click on the word First by the page numbers to read it.

Cool thanks, I just wasnt sure if things had changed since she first went missing and then reappeared.

I'm pretty sure they were still on the phone, because LE IIRC traveled to Michigan while SP was still missing. That would have been a quick turnaround by the cell carrier.
If so then they had the password to the phone(from KP?) - we know how hard it is to break into one of those. <modsnip> An he would have had the id/password for the find my phone to work.

Kind of seemed weird it was almost a YEAR ago she reappeared that they released this random info. Almost like this case was just gone and now all of a sudden, they decided to talk about it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff