Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they had a photo/video of the guy in that case. They had people who saw him right? I don't know why they took so long in this case, but my point is it is not suspicious when LE takes time releasing info to the public. It happens all the time in many different cases that it takes a long time to release a sketch or for us to get more info from LE. LE holding back info does not mean the witness was holding back info for that long. JMO.

From my understanding the video was not great quality and I just meant that it would take more time to talk to many the many different individuals that may have seen this guy. As opposed to just having the victim describe how they looked. You're quite right that a lot of these take a lot of time to be produced, approved and released, it's just my opinion that when you have the one person who can tell you what they looked like right there then a year is a long time.

Ok, so two different sources, two different answers. Talk about this case getting more confusing...

When in doubt I go with direct quotes instead of the reporter's interpretation of what was said. The People link was just the first I could find and is not a direct quote but here is a direct quotation of the Sheriff from Nov 30, 2016:

Bosenko said detectives have a clearer picture of events after conducting two lengthy interviews Monday and Tuesday with the 34-year-old Mountain Gate woman who disappeared while on a jog on Nov. 2. “Two women, armed … they did abduct her and held her captive for roughly three weeks,” Bosenko said. “Then one of them released her, obviously, on Thanksgiving.”
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117934978.html

The story was always one of them released her from very early on in this case. Some news reports focused on their being 2 abductors and got the detail wrong when stating they both released her. We also didn't know about the argument and gunshot back then, so it was reasonable for reporters to think both captors AGREED to release her and not bother make the distinction that ONE captor physically dropped her off when they wrote up the story. We also had lots of discussions on these boards about how only one could accomplish letting her out on the road without being seen. It was argued about from the time it was released that it was only one that drove.

When in doubt I go with direct quotes instead of the reporter's interpretation of what was said. The People link was just the first I could find and is not a direct quote but here is a direct quotation of the Sheriff from Nov 30h, 2016:

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117934978.html

The story was always one of them released her from very early on in this case. Some news reports focused on their being 2 abductors and got the detail wrong when stating they both released her. We also didn't know about the argument and gunshot back then, so it was reasonable for reporters to think both captors AGREED to release her and not bother make the distinction that ONE captor physically dropped her off when they wrote up the story. We also had lots of discussions on these boards about how only one could accomplish letting her out on the road without being seen. It was argued about from the time it was released that it was only one that drove.
Thank you for finding that! I was looking for a direct LE statement, but couldn't find anything where it was clearly stated one.

Ok, never mind! [emoji56][emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

From my understanding the video was not great quality and I just meant that it would take more time to talk to many the many different individuals that may have seen this guy. As opposed to just having the victim describe how they looked. You're quite right that a lot of these take a lot of time to be produced, approved and released, it's just my opinion that when you have the one person who can tell you what they looked like right there then a year is a long time.

A year is along time, that I agree on. We don't know how long they had the sketch in this case though and sat on it without releasing it. The sketch is so vague it is not really helpful so perhaps they were hoping she would remember some detail of the rest of their faces from a time when they let down their masks. And speaking of seeing someone for 22 days, I wonder if Sherri wears contact lenses/glasses. I'm very near sighted myself. If I was abducted wearing my contacts and not given any way to care for or keep them in my eyes I would not be able to see my captors faces clearly past the first day unless they got up close to me. Everything is a blur unless it is 2 inches from my face. We don't know how often they interacted with her or how close they got to her on a daily basis for her to try to see them. When they were beating her it would be instinctive for her to close her eyes, IMO. Just some things to ponder when talking about her being able to see her captors for 22 days.

But they had a photo/video of the guy in that case. They had people who saw him right? I don't know why they took so long in this case, but my point is it is not suspicious when LE takes time releasing info to the public. It happens all the time in many different cases that it takes a long time to release a sketch or for us to get more info from LE. LE holding back info does not mean the witness was holding back info for that long. JMO.

The photo of BG was released 2 days after the murders/1 day after the girls were found. The audio was released a week after the murders. Regarding the sketch..

“It came through because of information that we received from persons that were in the area,” around the time the girls went missing, he said. “Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”

Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said.

“It takes quite a while to get a sketch put together,” Sgt. Riley said. “We let the person look at the picture and come back a few days later and ask, ‘Do you remember anything else?’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

So to ISP, quite a while is a month, while in SPs case, quite a while is a year. Big difference if you have two violent perps on the loose snatching women up off the street in broad daylight. Also, ISP strongly alludes to the fact that the witness didn't come forward until a month before the sketch was made IMO.

The photo of BG was released 2 days after the murders/1 day after the girls were found. The audio was released a week after the murders. Regarding the sketch..

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html

So to ISP, quite a while is a month, while in SPs case, quite a while is a year. Big difference if you have two violent perps on the loose snatching women up off the street in broad daylight. Also, ISP strongly alludes to the fact that the witness didn't come forward until a month before the sketch was made IMO.

Thanks. My point is still the same that a delay in LE releasing info/sketches is not suspicious. LE controls the timing of the release of a suspect sketch, not the victim/witnesses. We don't know how long they had this sketch of two women completed and sat on it before releasing it to the public.

Thanks. My point is still the same that a delay in LE releasing info/sketches is not suspicious. LE controls the timing of the release of a suspect sketch, not the victim/witnesses. We don't know how long they had this sketch of two women completed and sat on it before releasing it to the public.

I think what bears is stating is that the reason for the delay in the Delphi murders is that they were reliant on witnesses coming forward, interviewing etc, in Sherri's case it was just Sherri who could do this, so not as much to wait on. (Sorry bears if I misunderstood)

But yes, we don't know when they were created. It's hard to say if it's an odd length of time or not.

I suppose, even though they did say "It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist". So if the year long delay in releasing the sketch is due to the FBI taking their sweet time, I find it incredibly irresponsible of them. I live on the opposite side of the country, but if I lived in CA, I would be furious to learn LE had sketches of the perps for a while and didn't release them right away. These two women could have kidnapped and abused other victims over the past year. The sketches should have been released by LE ASAP in hopes of identifying them before they take the opportunity to randomly abduct another woman off the street. JMO

I think what bears is stating is that the reason for the delay in the Delphi murders is that they were reliant on witnesses coming forward, interviewing etc, in Sherri's case it was just Sherri who could do this, so not as much to wait on. (Sorry bears if I misunderstood)

But yes, we don't know when they were created. It's hard to say if it's an odd length of time or not.

Yes thanks, that's exactly what I am (trying) to say. Thanks Ana.

Changing the subject. In the last thread it was suggested maybe Sherri got involved in some group that kidnaps and brands their members. The group posted brands their members on the hip, not the shoulder. Are there any other cults that have been accused in the MSM of kidnapping/beating their members? We should probably stick to MSM, but I'm wondering about something like the accusations against Scientology: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/03/30/scientology.violence/index.html

Could SP have been involved in Scientology (or something similar) when she was young, got out a long time ago, but then did something to anger the group leadership again?

ETA: This is the post I'm referencing by SillyBilly: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...vember-2016-21/page31&p=13716058#post13716058
I'm assuming we are allowed to discuss group/cult theories somewhat since SillyBilly posted that one.

Because they did. IMO. And I have that opinion because what would be the harm in saying no if no was the correct answer.

I'm kind of thinking they didn't, but Sherri reeeeaaally wanted to have an affair with him. My theory is that they had been texting and he thought it was innocent long-distance flirting. But when she found out he was going to be in San Francisco for a medical conference, she insisted on seeing him. I think he said no. So she went to San Francisco to try to force a meeting. (She seems like the type that would stalk a doctor!) He still refused, so she thought "I'll show him. He's going to feel terrible for not letting me stay with him!"

I have a lot of personal experience with borderline personality disorder and I see it written all over this case.

Because they did. IMO. And I have that opinion because what would be the harm in saying no if no was the correct answer.

I agree that the relationship was romantic, but I'm curious as to why LE won't say so. My guess is, to make SP uncomfortable and to see how the couple reacts.

I suppose, even though they did say "It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist". So if the year long delay in releasing the sketch is due to the FBI taking their sweet time, I find it incredibly irresponsible of them. I live on the opposite side of the country, but if I lived in CA, I would be furious to learn LE had sketches of the perps for a while and didn't release them right away. These two women could have kidnapped and abused other victims over the past year. The sketches should have been released by LE ASAP in hopes of identifying them before they take the opportunity to randomly abduct another woman off the street. JMO
I don't think that the FBI was particularly concerned by the long time in releasing the sketches. They usually aren't motivated by anyone to do anything.

From the press release:
An FBI sketch artist met with Sherri and rendered a sketch of each suspect as described bySherri. These sketches will be released by the FBI at https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinginfo/unknown-individuals.It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provideaccurate details to the sketch artist. The sketches then needed to be finalized and approved forrelease by the FBI.

For what it is worth, I don't think LE is concerned that these two women described by Sherri are going around abducting or attempting to abduct anyone. Either Sherri was a specific target for a specific reason or this was not an abduction - which is the side of the fence I am on.

I don't think that the FBI was particularly concerned by the long time in releasing the sketches. They usually aren't motivated by anyone to do anything.

From the press release:

For what it is worth, I don't think LE is concerned that these two women described by Sherri are going around abducting or attempting to abduct anyone. Either Sherri was a specific target for a specific reason or this was not an abduction - which is the side of the fence I am on.

I’m right there with you in light of recent info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member