Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that in the video? I'm not finding that quote in the article linked.

Yes it's in the video. I would edit the post to make it more clear, but for some reason I don't have an edit option on that post.

I'm kind of thinking they didn't, but Sherri reeeeaaally wanted to have an affair with him. My theory is that they had been texting and he thought it was innocent long-distance flirting. But when she found out he was going to be in San Francisco for a medical conference, she insisted on seeing him. I think he said no. So she went to San Francisco to try to force a meeting. (She seems like the type that would stalk a doctor!) He still refused, so she thought "I'll show him. He's going to feel terrible for not letting me stay with him!"

I have a lot of personal experience with borderline personality disorder and I see it written all over this case.

You nailed it in this post!!

They would get to daycare before 9 am (I will try to find a source), and get picked up before 5. Even if it's two days a week, that is a long day for wee ones. I would say that's out of the ordinary for a non-working parent.

It is, but, iirc from when I followed this last year, the kids were only there for a 1/2 day. Either way, some kids (mine) had to be there full days from the time they were two or three until they went to school, and were then taken back to daycare, by the bus. So, 7:30-5. Until their caregiver passed away, a couple years ago, several kids from the day care, mine included, who'd grown up, would go by just to say, Hello, to their former caregiver. Not all day cares are bad.

But that was old news.

Their pics have been in the media frequently in 2017, though.

FWIW I think we discussed last year that those pictures and the similar story were in the news just a short time before SP disappeared. The main difference in her description is that the thin browed woman had curly hair and the thick browed one had straight hair...the opposite of these photos. So they could have served as an intitial inspiration for her description, if her story is false.

It takes time to get the details right for a sketch in order to release it. The artist shows the victim a variety of eye shapes, ear shapes, foreheads, noses or nose bridges, etc. Sherri either truly had trouble remembering or else she chose to delay “remembering” while referring to this photo before each session with the artist, maybe providing a little at a time. If her story is false, it would be to her advantage to delay the release of the sketches as long as possible. Or else her story is true, and gradually she recalled details. I would think recall gets harder as time goes on, though. It certainly does for me anyway.
JMO

But, if Sherri thought the transgendered person was a female born a female, not a female born a male, there would be male DNA from a "female kidnapper."

I understand where you are coming from now. A male, dressed and identifying as a female, if they were truly dressed as transvestite, no, she'd likely not know the difference. Slap a wig and some lipstick on a dude and...no. I have a friend who dresses up and does a show in a nearby city, for a charity ball for an animal shelter, he does it for fun now, but in his younger days, I'm told he really decked out, some of the others who perform, I'd not know the difference unless I were very up close, and personal. Anything can happen but I don't see a lot of transvestite, Latino, folks, kidnapping folks, in Redding, CA. Iirc Redding is rather conservative, like where I live. Gays who live where I do, live a relatively quiet life, in our conservative little county, but since they were born here, they have become accepted, for the most part. There are still some incidents that are unkind.

I understand where you are coming from now. A male, dressed and identifying as a female, if they were truly dressed as transvestite, no, she'd likely not know the difference. Slap a wig and some lipstick on a dude and...no. I have a friend who dresses up and does a show in a nearby city, for a charity ball for an animal shelter, he does it for fun now, but in his younger days, I'm told he really decked out, some of the others who perform, I'd not know the difference unless I were very up close, and personal. Anything can happen but I don't see a lot of transvestite, Latino, folks, kidnapping folks, in Redding, CA. Iirc Redding is rather conservative, like where I live. Gays who live where I do, live a relatively quiet life, in our conservative little county, but since they were born here, they have become accepted, for the most part. There are still some incidents that are unkind.

I only know one person who lives in Redding, CA, and she is very, very conservative and wholesome. However, from what I'm learning on this thread is that Redding has quite a rep for not being that way!

BBM. Any locals here that know this area? Would there be businesses with surveillance cameras in the general area, even a mile or two away?

Where they dropped her, in Yolo, is at a point where there is little to nothing except a church, on one side of the over pass, that was closed and if she walked down that roadway there's a small community, then, on the other side of the overpass is a junkyard type of place. I think there's pics of the drop site in earlier threads.

I only know one person who lives in Redding, CA, and she is very, very conservative and wholesome. However, from what I'm learning on this thread is that Redding has quite a rep for not being that way!

Well, all of these little conservative, wholesome, places, have an underbelly. Not that they are bad people, they just don't fit with the "community". And you will always have some not so above board folks in every community. But Redding likes to be seen a certain way. One thing about Redding is that they are very "stick together", especially if you belong to a certain, big, church out there, then you have quite a lot of support. I won't get into religion, but, I will say, that I'm a bit skiddish of that big church. I'm not from there and have never actually been to Redding, CA. Did a lot of research on the place when this case first came out.

Does anyone know which direction from her home she was dropped off in? Was it 100 miles to the west? Michigan man was rumored to be in San Francisco that week for a medical conference. When she found between her home and San Francisco?

:seeya: Just jumping off your post here with a question:

Has anyone here at WS done a Map for this case?

We have some talented peeps here who are very good with putting together maps with locations, mileage, etc.

It would be helpful if there is a map with location of the P house, where SP's phone was found, where she was dropped off the Interstate, the place-church she ran to, where she was found by the trucker, etc.

If there is a map out there, I definitely missed it ... Most appreciated if someone could please post it.

:tyou: TIA !!!

:seeya:

Here's a view of the drop site from the over pass going north and south.
This is 239 miles from Redding, in Yolo.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• papinidrop3.jpg
    papinidrop3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 322
  • papinidrop2.jpg
    papinidrop2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 318
  • papinidrop.jpg
    papinidrop.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 320
  • papinidrop5.jpg
    papinidrop5.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 318
  • papinidrop4.jpg
    papinidrop4.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 318
Sherri was provided clothes by her abductors per this report: “The male DNA was compiled from the clothing Sherri was found wearing,” Shasta County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Brian Jackson tells PEOPLE.

Jackson says Papini’s alleged female abductors gave her clothing to wear. Therefore, he says it’s possible “that the clothing that was provided to Sherri are clothes that belonged to somebody who was an acquaintance of the captors, and hopefully down the road, once we get these females identified, we will get the answers for that.”

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-officer-says-papini-abduction-account-believable/

My biggest hang up is that SP was shown video footage of vehicles in BOTH the areas where she was abducted & where she was dropoed off. She can't identity the vehicle connected to her disappearance.

In the event she isn't telling the whole truth, I think law enforcement would be able to identify a single vehicle at both locations.

UNLESS there were two different vehicles used, but SP never indicated the abductor had a different vehicle than the person that released her did she?
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am with ya. If there are two dangerous Latina women running loose, snatching young moms off the street, a year seems like an eternity.

According to the sheriff's statement:

I am going to go out on a limb and say the FBI wasn't the reason for the delay in releasing the sketches. I would think someone's memory would get worse over time, not better. jmo

Does anyone know how memory and brain I jury works?

Their pics have been in the media frequently in 2017, though.

When? I tried to find anything a few days ago and the only articles about them I could find were from September 2016. Maybe December.

I would think it would be pretty obvious if the driver had to stop the car, go around and open (I presume) the rear door, cut her restraints, and push her out of the car.

"She was chained anytime she was in the vehicle,"*Mr Papini said in the interview, which airs on 2 December.*

"They opened the door, she doesn’t know [where] because she’s got a bag over her head. They cut something to free her restraint that was holding her in the vehicle, and then kind of pushed her out of the vehicle."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ta-county-blood-bruising-chains-a7452091.html

Other accounts say she was pushed out of a moving car, which would be pretty hard for a single person, presumably driving, to do.

So, initially, the entire account was IMO very clearly two people.

Changing that to only one person is a huge change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If someone came around and opened the door from behind outside, wouldn't she be pulled, not pushed if there was only one?

Of course they could've opened the door from the inside.

In that quote Keith is not referring to more than one person when he used the word "they". It is very, very common to use "they" instead of he or she when referring to a lone individual in a gender-neutral way.

And if you go through the transcript from that 20/20 interview it is clear the story being told was that only one person had taken Sherri to be dropped off. There has never been a change in that aspect of the story.

Oh not. That's not true. The article states Keith described "captors" in the car with her. Several times.

Does anyone know how memory and brain I jury works?

When? I tried to find anything a few days ago and the only articles about them I could find were from September 2016. Maybe December.

I understand that short term memory loss is a symptom of traumatic brain injury. I don't recall reading that SP had a brain injury though. Maybe I am forgetting.

Did they find DNA for only one female? And then, only one male? Not 2 females and 1 male?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143