Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was incorrect on the maps I uploaded prior, it is a two hour drive from the mailboxes at Papini's street to Yolo and 146 miles, based on the suggested route.

Here are overviews of her home place in Redding and of the drop off point in Yolo.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• papinidrop7.jpg
    papinidrop7.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 340
  • papinidrop6.jpg
    papinidrop6.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 333
Then why did she state there were two armed captors in a dark SUV?

We were discussing whether two dropped her off or only one dropped her off. The story from as early as Nov 30th, 2016 was that two kidnapped her but one of them drove her to the site where she was released.

Does anyone know how memory and brain I jury works?

When? I tried to find anything a few days ago and the only articles about them I could find were from September 2016. Maybe December.

Idk if SP has been diagnosed w/a brain injury or not but, speaking from some who has had several...they can be quite frustrating. It would be according to the type of brain injury. Mine is mostly short term memory loss. I can remember past events, back before the injuries started to worsen, although I now second guess myself on those, and I am starting to forget how to spell words at times (I've always been a very good speller). I would, however, have probably remember the color and make of a vehicle. Most likely because I'd have been tooled around in it for so long that it, and other things, would imprint. Had I been picked up on one vehicle, driven 10 minutes, and moved to another, then put in a dark room, I may have been able to focus on things like sounds, or smells, enough to give some insight. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that she was kept for several weeks. Had I been kept for 24 hours, and released, I most likely couldn't have imprinted much, however, over a period of weeks, I think that I could have.

Sidenote: if she truly has a brain injury, that affects her memory, and if this ever goes to trial, the defense atty. will likely slaughter her on cross exam.

Where they dropped her, in Yolo, is at a point where there is little to nothing except a church, on one side of the over pass, that was closed and if she walked down that roadway there's a small community, then, on the other side of the overpass is a junkyard type of place. I think there's pics of the drop site in earlier threads.

Hasn't it been theorized that she was dropped off at the wrong exit? What's it like at the exits before and after?

:seeya: Just jumping off your post here with a question:

Has anyone here at WS done a Map for this case?

We have some talented peeps here who are very good with putting together maps with locations, mileage, etc.

It would be helpful if there is a map with location of the P house, where SP's phone was found, where she was dropped off the Interstate, the place-church she ran to, where she was found by the trucker, etc.

If there is a map out there, I definitely missed it ... Most appreciated if someone could please post it.

:tyou: TIA !!!

:seeya:

Skibaboo did a map. It's in the first post of this thread: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=40.566000977307645,-122.18438259999999&z=7

Hasn't it been theorized that she was dropped off at the wrong exit? What's it like at the exits before and after?

That may have been a theory but she described knocking on the empty church, and walking past some darkened houses, and a type of car lot/junk yard. All of which are on that exit. You can't see them well, and the little town is down the road a piece but she really had no other choice but to walk around til she found help. She wasn't, from my understanding, dropped right on the Interstate exit. She was dropped as you come off, or onto, one of one of the exits. The other exits are even more vacant and since the exit she was found, is the actual Yolo exit, I'm leaning toward that being the one.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Papini8.jpg
    Papini8.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 387
:tyou: to all who provided the maps and links !

:seeya:

I am having trouble with this statement.
On ramp to Interstate 5?
It goes down.
Was she running from
hwy 17 to I-5?

There is something hinky with this statement.
Are they saying she did not approach Kingdom Hall at all?
Just ran "up"/the on ramp to the highway?
[emoji848]

"The sheriff’s office says surveillance video from a church shows Papini running up an onramp to Interstate 5 after her release. That video has not been made public"

Here is video of the area:
https://youtu.be/S17usi8unf0

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/25/sherri-papini-abduction-911-audio-sketches-released/
f2d31b85f31b0bbf35a66114491cd295.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What do you mean the onramp goes up?

If there were no cars in the parking lot or no one at the church my instinct would have been to get to the highway too, where there was a greater chance of getting help.

I have always thought it was strange that in her news conference her sister does not confirm or deny that SP worked at a job besides that of being a wife or mother. That always stood out to me as a pretty straight forward question that most close relatives would know the answer to unless she just does not want to disclose her work for some reason. We know she did some reselling of clothing online. Maybe she had other online businesses ? Maybe something in an in-home business contact could provide clues to her abduction. I know we discussed this in the past but it has always been another one of the things in this case that has given me more questions than answers.

Reporter: I know that she was a dedicated mother. Was she employed in some other fashion?

Reporter: Was she employed?
Sheila: I don’t have an answer to that question.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...held-by-sherri-papinis-sister-sheila-koester/

I have always thought it was strange that in her news conference her sister does not confirm or deny that SP worked at a job besides that of being a wife or mother. That always stood out to me as a pretty straight forward question that most close relatives would know the answer to unless she just does not want to disclose her work for some reason. We know she did some reselling of clothing online. Maybe she had other online businesses ? Maybe something in an in-home business contact could provide clues to her abduction. I know we discussed this in the past but it has always been another one of the things in this case that has given me more questions than answers.

Reporter: I know that she was a dedicated mother. Was she employed in some other fashion?

Reporter: Was she employed?
Sheila: I don’t have an answer to that question.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...held-by-sherri-papinis-sister-sheila-koester/

Odd. Why not just saw "I don't know, we weren't close." or "No". What is being hidden. Presumably nothing, but all of this sketchiness makes it worse.

What do you mean the onramp goes up?

If there were no cars in the parking lot or no one at the church my instinct would have been to get to the highway too, where there was a greater chance of getting help.
I think that would be running along Hw17 that fronts one side of the church. Iirc she said she said some houses looked dark, and tried a church. The houses would likely be on Cacheville Rd., she may have been dropped on Cacheville Rd., past the houses, to the church, out to I5.

Or she could have been dropped on the opposite side by the car-lot type area, crossed the overpass, saw the homes, they and the church were dark, and turned back to I5.

I'd say in the dark would be disorienting too. I'm really out on limb on this one. Not sure what to think about it. It's too weird.

I understand that short term memory loss is a symptom of traumatic brain injury. I don't recall reading that SP had a brain injury though. Maybe I am forgetting.

She was beaten up, nose broken. So she could have had a brain injury that affected memory. Of course despite her severe injuries she was released, what, the same day? So I don't know how severe they were.

[bbm]

what would that advantage be?

FWIW

It takes time to get the details right for a sketch in order to release it. The artist shows the victim a variety of eye shapes, ear shapes, foreheads, noses or nose bridges, etc. Sherri either truly had trouble remembering or else she chose to delay “remembering” while referring to this photo before each session with the artist, maybe providing a little at a time. If her story is false, it would be to her advantage to delay the release of the sketches as long as possible. Or else her story is true, and gradually she recalled details. I would think recall gets harder as time goes on, though. It certainly does for me anyway.
JMO

She was beaten up, nose broken. So she could have had a brain injury that affected memory. Of course despite her severe injuries she was released, what, the same day? So I don't know how severe they were.

My first bad one, in my teens, I do not even remember going to the hospital, having x-rays done, nothing. I remember everything up to, and during, the accident, but nothing after. I lost an entire week. I've never regained anything from the point of the accident, until at least 5-7 days after. Had zero issues afterward, until about three or four years, and a couple of tumbles later. Then over the years I hit the deck few more times, soooo, it progressed, slowly, over time. That's just me though.

[bbm]

what would that advantage be?

People who lie don’t like to be pinned down to details, so I was thinking that she might have been hoping it would all go away the longer it takes for her to come up with a sketch...if it’s all false. They might just give up trying. Of course, they didn’t. But since I really can’t make a definite statement about her thought process, change the phrase “would be to her advantage” to “she might think it was to her advantage.” Again JMO theorizing.

I suppose. I just haven’t seen anything that leads me to assume she had a brain injury. If anything, the younger Latina could possibly have a brain injury from having her head slammed into the toilet. Personally I think LE would have said “due to her injuries, she has brain trauma which is effecting her memory”. It would give a reason why there has been such serious delays in releasing the sketches - bc Sherri is experiencing memory loss due to her brain injury. JMO, but then again I don’t think the delay in assisting authorities with the sketches was anything more than a delay tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the surveillance video of SP on the highway shows her actually being dropped off, then we surely need to see that. Someone might recognize the vehicle. It's highly doubtful the video shows that. Any LE worth anything would have released that video right away in hopes of closing in on the suspects.

I would also like to know, as you point out, why the # of people dropping her off went from two to one. KP didn't seem to have a clear picture of what went on when he gave his 20/20 interview. He said two dropped her off. Did she tell him one thing and LE another?

I remember Lake16 was adamant that one person dropped her off. Did that one person stop and kick her out? Wasn't she harnessed to something in the car too? How did she get unharnessed?
KP is so detailed and specific regarding the drop off account, the restraints, the bag, cutting the restraint and even saying correct to his own details. I hardly think he made a mistake in his story of how he wished to tell it. Someone screwed up in their version and now we have two. Oops.

Did LE ever say her nose was broken? It’s not in the latest press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member