Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which direction from her home she was dropped off in? Was it 100 miles to the west? Michigan man was rumored to be in San Francisco that week for a medical conference. When she found between her home and San Francisco?

It was south on I-5 about 140 miles from Redding to Yolo which is about 90 miles from S.F. going west on I-80. So she was closer to S.F.

I thought the kids only went to daycare twice a week.

I thought the kids only went to daycare twice a week.

Yeah, I don't think we know that her kids were in full time daycare. They probably were not. Part time daycare was probably good for them, and her. But it was definitely convenient for the kidnappers that there were not little children left abandoned at home when their mommy was snatched off the street......

To refresh our memory, when Sherri came back...

"The next day, before dawn, Keith missed a phone call on his cell phone from a number he didn’t recognize."

"It's very emotional. And, ‘I love you, I love you, I love you, Oh my God, you're here. You're back. Where are you?"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

THOUGHTS considering the new info?
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
So many things... But the biggest... all the first reports stated *both* kidnappers dropped her off. I wonder when it changed to only one? I wonder if the surveillance video only showed one person in the car? [emoji848] That's a pretty major change in the story.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why did it take almost a year to get these sketches? So much I just don't understand.

Why did it take almost a year to get these sketches? So much I just don't understand.

I am with ya. If there are two dangerous Latina women running loose, snatching young moms off the street, a year seems like an eternity.

According to the sheriff's statement:

It has taken time for Sherri to recover to a point to be able to provide accurate details to the sketch artist. The sketches then needed to be finalized and approved for release by the FB

I am going to go out on a limb and say the FBI wasn't the reason for the delay in releasing the sketches. I would think someone's memory would get worse over time, not better. jmo

Yeah, I don't think we know that her kids were in full time daycare. They probably were not. Part time daycare was probably good for them, and her. But it was definitely convenient for the kidnappers that there were not little children left abandoned at home when their mommy was snatched off the street......
They would get to daycare before 9 am (I will try to find a source), and get picked up before 5. Even if it's two days a week, that is a long day for wee ones. I would say that's out of the ordinary for a non-working parent.

So many things... But the biggest... all the first reports stated *both* kidnappers dropped her off. I wonder when it changed to only one? I wonder if the surveillance video only showed one person in the car? [emoji848] That's a pretty major change in the story.

How did she know it was only the 1 captor if she had a bag over her head?

RE: The male DNA
Maybe one of the captors was transgender?

You mean as in dressed, and identifies, as a female, but still has male anatomy? Actually going through the stages to become another gender, and having the sex reassignment surgery, does not change one's dna.

You mean as in dressed, and identifies, as a female, but still has male anatomy? Actually going through the stages to become another gender, and having the sex reassignment surgery, does not change one's dna.

But, if Sherri thought the transgendered person was a female born a female, not a female born a male, there would be male DNA from a "female kidnapper."

If the surveillance video of SP on the highway shows her actually being dropped off, then we surely need to see that. Someone might recognize the vehicle. It's highly doubtful the video shows that. Any LE worth anything would have released that video right away in hopes of closing in on the suspects.

I would also like to know, as you point out, why the # of people dropping her off went from two to one. KP didn't seem to have a clear picture of what went on when he gave his 20/20 interview. He said two dropped her off. Did she tell him one thing and LE another?

I remember Lake16 was adamant that one person dropped her off. Did that one person stop and kick her out? Wasn't she harnessed to something in the car too? How did she get unharnessed?

Do you feel like something from LE jolted her memory? Maybe she learned of the male/female DNA profiles found on her and felt the need to correct the record?

If the surveillance video of SP on the highway shows her actually being dropped off, then we surely need to see that. Someone might recognize the vehicle. It's highly doubtful the video shows that. Any LE worth anything would have released that video right away in hopes of closing in on the suspects.

I would also like to know, as you point out, why the # of people dropping her off went from two to one. KP didn't seem to have a clear picture of what went on when he gave his 20/20 interview. He said two dropped her off. Did she tell him one thing and LE another?

I remember Lake16 was adamant that one person dropped her off. Did that one person stop and kick her out? Wasn't she harnessed to something in the car too? How did she get unharnessed?

BBM. Any locals here that know this area? Would there be businesses with surveillance cameras in the general area, even a mile or two away?

I have been wondering about drugs too. A few clues:

1) The withdrawn the cash
2) Living in an area that is infested with meth
3) She stole money from her own father and he called the police on her
4) She broke into her sister's house, and again, the police were called
5) A history of self harm (per mom's police report)
6) Rapid weight loss during the three weeks she was gone
7) Manufactured image of the perfect wife and mother, which is very common among addicts
8) People who are high on meth sometimes have superhuman strength and could do things like brand themselves or hit their own face with a hammer and not feel pain like a sober person would
9) rumored infidelities, with a medical professional no less
10) she did not work, but her kids were in full-time daycare. Why? Did Keith not trust her to care for them when he wasn't around?

I'm beginning to see where drugs might fit in to this disappearance. Did LE ever say she was emaciated or lost weight? I know it came from KP, but he and Le described her injuries and state of well-being differently.

I'm beginning to see where drugs might fit in to this disappearance. Did LE ever say she was emaciated or lost weight? I know it came from KP, but he and Le described her injuries and state of well-being differently.

I was wondering this same thing. WHO said she lost 13 pounds, or whatever the number was?

To refresh our memory, when Sherri came back...

"The next day, before dawn, Keith missed a phone call on his cell phone from a number he didn’t recognize."

"It's very emotional. And, ‘I love you, I love you, I love you, Oh my God, you're here. You're back. Where are you?"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

THOUGHTS considering the new info?
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Since it was either a CHP officer or a Yolo County Sherriff's deputy that used their cell phone to make the call to Keith so Sherri could talk to him I wouldn't expect he would recognize the number. As for asking where she was, how would he know if he doesn't ask?

Does anyone know which direction from her home she was dropped off in? Was it 100 miles to the west? Michigan man was rumored to be in San Francisco that week for a medical conference. When she found between her home and San Francisco?
She was dropped off on Highway 17 near I-5 in Yolo. When the truck driver stopped she was on the shoulder of the I-5 just south of the Yolo exit not far south from the exit ramp for Yolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59