Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that LE is working behind the scenes on whatever they have discovered. I am firmly not in the "they are inept doing nothing" camp. They aren't going to release all details to the public. It's an active investigation. They may have leads or direction that would be compromised by leaked details.

I thought about this because what if they're reading all our posts to see if anyone has info on them as well as reading the find sp page and all news. I mean if I can end up here jus tell by reading about the New York joggers that's mentiomed sp that googling her after led me to read articles and end up here then who knows how easily the killer or abducter could

It's happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering why you sleuthers have not commented on this ransom letter. Is this normal?
I have never seen anything like this before!

http://sherripapini.com/

Sorry guys, posted this a while ago but my question just showed up here??

I honestly think that LE is working behind the scenes on whatever they have discovered. I am firmly not in the "they are inept doing nothing" camp. They aren't going to release all details to the public. It's an active investigation. They may have leads or direction that would be compromised by leaked details.

I have thought so from the beginning and I PRAY you are right jdj125.

I am wondering why you sleuthers have not commented on this ransom letter. Is this normal?
I have never seen anything like this before!

http://sherripapini.com/

I haven't read it or looked at the site. Ransom seems really far fetched to me and there are bound to be a lot of scammers and creeps eyeing the reward money. The family isn't wealthy enough to set off alarm bells. Not to mention, if it were a kidnap for ransom the FBI would be full blown in charge.

LE has said they do not believe it's an abduction. Maybe it's what's not being said. Or maybe it doesn't fit the definition they require to call it an abduction. JMO BBM
[h=5]Key Difference: Abduction is when someone uses deceit or force in order to take a person or a child away from their home or relatives. Kidnapping is taking away or forcefully transporting a person against their will and holding them in false imprisonment, a confinement without legal authority. The kidnapping is usually done for a motive or for ransom.[/h]
Abduction is when someone uses deceit or force in order to take a person or a child away from their home or relatives. The abductors do not reveal their motive for taking away the person or the child. Merriam Webster defines ‘abduction’ as, “to seize and take away (as a person) by force.” In legal definition, the victim knows or has some sort of relation with the abductor. The victim can be a minor or an adult.
The most common cases of abduction are seen in divorce cases, where one parent is given the sole custody of a child. The person who abducts is not holding the person for profit or any monetary gain from the victim. The laws for abduction crimes vary from state to state and country to country, depending on the severity of the crime.

Kidnapping is taking away or forcefully transporting a person against their will and holding them in false imprisonment, a confinement without legal authority. The kidnapping is usually done for a motive or for ransom. ‘Kidnapping’ is defined as, “to seize and detain or carry away by unlawful force or fraud and often with a demand for ransom.”
Kidnapping involves taking a person from their family forcefully without their consent with the motive of holding the person as a hostage and earning a profit from their family. The kidnapping could be for a number of reasons such as getting monetary reward, or getting some sort of benefit from the person. In the United States, if a person that is kidnapped is taking across state lines, it is considered as a federal law. In order states, the charges range from paying a fine to confinement, depending on the severity of the crime.

http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-abduction-and-kidnapping

Seems like a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, fbi assisting. So what could that mean?

I get the impression they don't think abduction. Sheriff keeps saying they can't call it one. Insists everyone is safe. No releasing of information that might lead to abductor.

Definitely different than any cases I've followed before.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You are exactly right. It seems that on almost every thread I've followed WSers have bemoaned and criticized LE for "being inept and doing nothing" after a week or two when, in fact, LE has been hard at work behind the scenes and don't share details with the public. Aren't we a little smarter than that?! Just because LE is quiet and someone isn't found or an arrest made in two weeks, two months or two years does not mean LE is doing nothing. There are plenty of threads where the person is found and/or an arrest is made much later...even years. I've never seen anyone eat any crow or apologize for dumping on LE though! Some people just like to think LE is uncaring and incompetent apparently. I prefer to assume the best and be supportive unless there are clear and obvious reasons not to be (which is rare in these cases). I think that is the official WS default position, or used to be IIRC. End of rant.
JMO

I am not sure how I feel about the family doing no more searches.
Do we know if they hired the PI?

Lilibet, i think personally the difference on how LE is perceived and appreciated depends a great deal on individual history. Dv for example, it happens to many couples, but LE response is different on basis of policy depending on where you live.

Sometimes because of existing laws and limiting policies it can appear that LE is ineffective.

There should not be any "fast tracks" built in to the system imo that make it "too easy" to brand a person a criminal. Much along the same lines they should not make it "too easy" for perpetrators to escape.

Imagine being injured or falsely prosecuted because one city's policy differs from another. Eek lol.

You're exactly right. It's LE job to do so, but a public forum only has so much to discuss, epseically in this specific case, as we don't know what they know. I can only speak for myself,(although, I don't think anyone was trying to be cruel towards LE) but making a little joke to lighten the air. With no new evidenice, it happens.

You are exactly right. It seems that on almost every thread I've followed WSers have bemoaned and criticized LE for "being inept and doing nothing" after a week or two when, in fact, LE has been hard at work behind the scenes and don't share details with the public. Aren't we a little smarter than that?! Just because LE is quiet and someone isn't found or an arrest made in two weeks, two months or two years does not mean LE is doing nothing. There are plenty of threads where the person is found and/or an arrest is made much later...even years. I've never seen anyone eat any crow or apologize for dumping on LE though! Some people just like to think LE is uncaring and incompetent apparently. I prefer to assume the best and be supportive unless there are clear and obvious reasons not to be (which is rare in these cases). I think that is the official WS default position, or used to be IIRC. End of rant.
JMO

Judging by how poorly written that ransom letter is I suspect it's something someone conjured up after watching too many crime shows. A burner phone? Hired a private negotiator? A short window before they leave town? No monetary amount given? This case just gets weirder by the minute. MOO.

Perhaps FBI helped the family write the Ransom letter, if they truly believe she was taken for ransom, it makes sense.

If someone has her, I really hope they're following here otherwise they may never see the letter attached to the ransom. I don't recall it being on the HFSP FB page or any of the missing posters and googling her name is going to get media hits rather than this personal page.

http://sherripapini.com

I'm pretty sure when the link was first posted that the stuff about paying a ransom wasn't there.

Not sure we should be saying much about it, either. If some guy has her it's possible he's reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member