Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that LE is working behind the scenes on whatever they have discovered. I am firmly not in the "they are inept doing nothing" camp. They aren't going to release all details to the public. It's an active investigation. They may have leads or direction that would be compromised by leaked details.

I don't think they're inept. I think they've done everything they can and gotten nowhere.

Judging by how poorly written that ransom letter is I suspect it's something someone conjured up after watching too many crime shows. A burner phone? Hired a private negotiator? A short window before they leave town? No monetary amount given? This case just gets weirder by the minute. MOO.

YESSS, I totally agree. It's very like a script from a movie. I'm stunned by it.

So lets just pretend/say she was kidnapped for ransom. Would it take this long for negotiations to occur? Also wouldn't they change the verbiage to kidnapped vs abduction/suspicious disappearance?

The "call my negotiator" phrase could be a FBI phone number

IMHO, this all goes back to the family. They are throwing a 'hail Mary' and hoping someone comes forward. Its not like they are getting anywhere else with their investigation.

I think this person is just willing to pay the ransom if there was one or pay a reward for her return home .

I see that the person who wrote the letter says to law enforcement that s/he's sought counsel regarding what s/he's legally allowed to do and warns them not to threaten her/him because this is within their rights to do.

I have a question. Let's say that Sherri comes home safely (as everyone wants), a ransom is reported to have been paid, and the person(s) who are said to have paid the ransom or made these arrangements with the "negotiator" refuses to offer anything to LE as they promised in the letter.

IS that legal? Would anyone having knowledge or evidence related to a kidnapping for ransom face any consequences if they did not assist law enforcement with tracking down the perpetrator?

You are exactly right. It seems that on almost every thread I've followed WSers have bemoaned and criticized LE for "being inept and doing nothing" after a week or two when, in fact, LE has been hard at work behind the scenes and don't share details with the public. Aren't we a little smarter than that?! Just because LE is quiet and someone isn't found or an arrest made in two weeks, two months or two years does not mean LE is doing nothing. There are plenty of threads where the person is found and/or an arrest is made much later...even years. I've never seen anyone eat any crow or apologize for dumping on LE though! Some people just like to think LE is uncaring and incompetent apparently. I prefer to assume the best and be supportive unless there are clear and obvious reasons not to be (which is rare in these cases). I think that is the official WS default position, or used to be IIRC. End of rant.
JMO

I've been here long enough to know all that. I know how LE works, my dad is a retired police officer. And I've never had to "apologize to LE" because I can't recall ONE case, not ONE here, where I have EVER criticized them. But with this case, they seem to want us to believe they got nothin' ... and as the mother of six children, (God forbid they should go missing) I find that unacceptable. So forgive me if I seem angry. It means I care.

Is the email in the ransom letter the same email address Keith's or Sherri's sister provided during one of the news interviews? A gmail address was provided in one of the videos I've watched. It may have been said in the council video. I can't remember if it was the same @gmail address or not. Anyone know?

^^IGNORE THE ABOVE QUESTIONS^^ (Just keeping them for context)

***Editing because it was the Council video in which the family gave out a gmail address to be contacted through, but it wasn't the same as the one in the 'if you want a ransom letter.'

The "call my negotiator" phrase could be a FBI phone number
It's not a professionally written letter by any stretch of the imagination. Not to mention it's on some random website most people may never see. I highly doubt the fbi had their hands in this, although they may be looking into it who did it and why.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree. But what if they had contacted the family for the ransom and LE intercepted or something else foiled the attempt to make the exchange anonymously? What if the person who took her grew leery and stopped communicating? Would the family then be making pleas to try to reestablish a line of communication? JMO

If the person who took Sherri was interested in money, wouldn't he/she have already contacted the family and asked for it ? I thought that's how kidnapping for ransom worked.

I am wondering if LE has checked all vehicles that were seen driving down her street, if captured on video??

Forgive me if this has been discussed. What about checking to see if there was any footage from those "ring" doorbells. They have cameras and are
Motion activated.

I think this person is just willing to pay the ransom if there was one or pay a reward for her return home .

Based on the site and how sloppy and unprofessional it is I doubt the person behind it can afford to pay a ransom.

Please help; I need to check to see if a reply is within rules. How do I chat with admin?

I've been here long enough to know all that. I know how LE works, my dad is a retired police officer. And I don't recall ONE case, not ONE here, where I have EVER criticized the police. They seem to want us to believe they got nothin' ... and as the mother of six children, I find that unacceptable. Yes, it makes me angry.

I agree with Lilibet. I have seen a number of times when LE has taken criticism for not being more aggressive when they knew a lot more than they let on. Particularly, when someone has runaway and LE has figured that out. They will often not say anything and take heat for not doing anything. In reality, their silence gives the missing person the space to return.

This shapes my opinion of what happened here, somewhat. If LE believed abduction or that it was a possibility, I think they would be more aggressive and in front of the public.

Judging by how poorly written that ransom letter is I suspect it's something someone conjured up after watching too many crime shows. A burner phone? Hired a private negotiator? A short window before they leave town? No monetary amount given? This case just gets weirder by the minute. MOO.

I think it might be a friend of the family trying to help. IMO the family seems to still believe this is an abduction. They probably don't think it's for ransom, but are hoping the offering up of a large amount of money, will entice whoever has her to release her. I think they're grasping at straws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member