Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Man offering to pay ransom for Sherri Papini’s return publishes video plea[/h]
Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko has cautioned that approach could make them a target of scam artists and if she were kidnapped for ransom, her captor probably would have contacted the family by now.

Gamble, however, said he hasn't received any scam calls, but he declined to discuss what otherwise may have been received. While he agrees with Bosenko that the captor originally didn't want money, he sees offering to pay an undisclosed ransom as a way to establish a dialogue and learn if Papini is OK, he said.

In addition, if the high-profile nature of the disappearance has the kidnapper having second thoughts, it gives him or her a safe out.

"We want to create an opportunity for them to release her," he said. "They need a way to get out of this situation."
Read more here: http://www.redding.com/news/local/m...lea-41ae8957-e24d-5939-e053-01-402184925.html

:doorhide:

I don't understand how this is allowed or what good they expect to come of it.

Would a typical, random abductor agree to being paid off? Just a gut feeling - I don't think think TK in South Carolina would have made such a trade.

I think offering a ransom itself is legal, just so far I don't see that what he's supposedly offering has been independently verified, so it could be a scam, scheme or something purely for self-promotion.

I don't know about CG, but Gamble is a legitimate last name. I grew up with such a family.

My big concern about his offer is that he basically promises immunity to the perp. Info will not be shared with LE, etc.

The offer to pay a ransom in this manner sets a very bad precedent, imo.

Okay, I haul this out twice a day; here 'tis for the night shift, comrades.

(Stagehand somewhat wearily hauls it out again.)

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Murdered by known person; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver took body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Opinion-shift? This is free; do it again.

So what happened, ya think? List your top 3 or 5 or dozen, in order. No. 2 pencil.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

My vote is 2. Sadly.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Still 2, 4, 9, 10.

With the possibility it's a 10 that will morph into a 9 with time.

My top three used to include 7 and although it's not on my list now I wouldn't be shocked.

(Stage manager walks on with clipboard in hand...sees whats been hauled out...shakes head, rolls eyes, and throws said clipboard over shoulders...exit "stage left")

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

How would Gamble convince the perp that Sherri wouldn't go to the police once released? :thinking:
ETA: OR how would he convince Sherri not to go?

How would Gamble convince the perp that Sherri wouldn't go to the police once released? :thinking:

How would her family ever agree? I know getting her back is the most important thing but what about justice? What about concern for the next victims?

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

Hi! First post here.

My vote:

Since their kids where at daycare there is a big possibility that this was done by someone that knew them or knew their routine....jmo

Hi! First post here.

My vote:

Since their kids where at daycare there is a big possibility that this was done by someone that knew them or knew their routine....jmo
Welcome to WS, Investigatore!

It seems he has handled negotiations for people taken hostage overseas. I doubt those hostages pursue any legal action since it would have to be handled in a court overseas. But here in the USA, it's a different story. And there's no guarantee this person wouldn't harm Sherri again.

I don't remember that. Were they ever found? The first thought that came to my mind when I heard about Sherri disappearing from Old Oregon Trail was Tera Smith. I know everyone suspected the martial arts instructor but this has me now thinking maybe he didn't have anything to do with it. The cases might not be related at all, it's just so strange that they would be the same age, they have similar looks and disappeared from the same road while out jogging.
Which RSOs live there now that we're there when Tera disappeared?

Im sure there are also SOs around that just haven't ever been caught yet so not being looked at. This then forces LE to examine those who live in the area that have other behaviors that fit into a serial SO mold.

I dont think armchair sleuths can 'go there' nor do we know the history of all those locals to begin profiling potential POI.

I don't know about CG, but Gamble is a legitimate last name. I grew up with such a family.

My big concern about his offer is that he basically promises immunity to the perp. Info will not be shared with LE, etc.

Is he related to Proctor & Gamble pr firm? If so. Then that is as legit as you can get.

How would her family ever agree? I know getting her back is the most important thing but what about justice? What about concern for the next victims?

Sandra Harris ransom was just paid. And the female abductor was arrested very quickly.

So unless the kidnappers have you route the money to a bank in Russia or Venezuela; Then they will be caught. And they know this.

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space aliens
14. Crazy clowns

2 4 5 *possible new category

*I'm belatedly throwing in another category that I would vote for. It's kind of in between "known to her" and "unknown party." Someone unknown to Sherri herself, but known to someone she knows.

Maybe by "unknown party" you just mean someone unknown to Sherri herself, but I'm reading it as "random stranger" like an RSO. But what if someone in her inner circle of family and friends has an associate who has seen Sherri and decides to abduct her (either to keep alive as a sex slave or not)? Or, this person wants to hurt the person close to Sherri for some reason and abducts and/or murders her? Does that fit into "unknown" somewhere or should it be an additional category?

If you have to add a category, apologies to you and your stagehand. :)

I don't understand why there's so many RSO's in Redding. Are they moving there or are they mostly home grown?

Either way, why is there a disproportionate amount of them residing in a small city?

So many reasons. To name a few: high unemployment, high number of lower educated residents, high drug populations (heroin and meth drug of choice), and in my opinion lack of diversity. Mix that with AB 109 (allowing more criminals to be released almost as soon as they are convicted) and a prison only 2 hours away (Susanville, ca) where a bus ticket to Redding is a departure gift, you get a perfect storm of criminal activity. There are a lot of political objectives that make this place ripe for anyone wanting to take advantage of and possibly make a name for themselves, too.

Sandra Harris ransom was just paid. And the female abductor was arrested very quickly.

So unless the kidnappers have you route the money to a bank in Russia or Venezuela; Then they will be caught. And they know this.

And they killed her anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members