Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> What is there so far, zip, zero, zilch. Is it not worth looking into anything that stands out as odd? There is clearly something amiss with this whole situation hence the looking into any avenue that might lead to something.

What on Earth on that board could make anyone who knows her think she is actually interested in Wicca. I cannot fathom her mother-in-law coming across that board, seeing all the cute ideas/decor, deciding to google "Black Hat Society" and then assuming Sherri wanted to be a witch. There is nothing there but Halloween crafts,decorations,Disney witches and party ideas. Board denoted to Wicca are all over Pinterest and they look nothing like Sherri's. Her pins are the sort of things you can easily find available at Target near Halloween.Absolutely nothing on it has anything remotely to do with being a Wiccan. And even if that was something she was into there is nothing sinister or dark about the modern practice of Wicca.

Like Leanne Bearden...deep in someone's overgrown backyard. She wasn't found for about a month by the property owner. People were asked to check their yards and that hasn't happened here. Also, searchers are so used to looking at the ground, they sometimes forget to look up. :(

Weren't there some tree cutters nearby that Sherri passed on her jog?

If suicide was in her mind and she decided to go into the forest and look for a tree.......sorry to paint this sort of picture but at this point I am open to any possibilities.

What on Earth on that board could make anyone who knows her think she is actually interested in Wicca. I cannot fathom her mother-in-law coming across that board, seeing all the cute ideas/decor, deciding to google "Black Hat Society" and then assuming Sherri wanted to be a witch. There is nothing there but Halloween crafts,decorations,Disney witches and party ideas. Board denoted to Wicca are all over Pinterest and they look nothing like Sherri's. Her pins are the sort of things you can easily find available at Target near Halloween.Absolutely nothing on it has anything remotely to do with being a Wiccan. And even if that was something she was into there is nothing sinister or dark about the modern practice of Wicca.

What interested me was the name of the board. Which led me to google it, which led me to discover that the black hat society is to do with witches/wicca etc. Ergo, the discussion became the possibility that perhaps that was something she was into. Don't recall once saying that she is a witch. I was however looking for a connection and seeing where the research led to. But thank you for saving me the time and not having to research it.

<modsnip>

Wait. What?

(Just thought I'd throw that in at random as it's applicable anywhere on these threads, really.)

<modsnip> What is there so far, zip, zero, zilch. Is it not worth looking into anything that stands out as odd? There is clearly something amiss with this whole situation hence the looking into any avenue that might lead to something.

I'm sorry but assuming witchcraft has anything to do with this is about as likely as assuming she was abducted by aliens. Yes there are a lot of avenues that should be explored but the witch angle is ridiculous. If she had anything that was remotely related to modern Wicca I wouldn't feel this way. But she didn't. It was all about Halloween ideas. Google "Wiccan Pinterest" and you will see Sherri's board has absolutely nothing to do with Wicca.

:gaah: Leelee is right, I just looked at her Black Hat Society board and it's just ideas for Halloween decorations. Nothing about the actual Black Hat Society at all. I got all excited then, thinking she's safe and well, she's just become tired of being a Stepford Wife and she's ran off to become a witch!

So.... from what I've read in the last 3 pages is - there is NO time limit set anymore for this ransom $$ offer. And we still don't have ANY clues from the Sheriff's, and still racking our brains on "where is Sherri"....

And here we are - probably going on to Thread #9!

:wave:

There is still a time limit according to the website... Any link to say there is now no time limit?

<modsnip>

My entire point was not what was pinned but what it was pinned under.

We could sit here forever, which we have for the most part, and over analyze everything. I mean look at the pins she "liked" if you care to find more to think about. With no info to go off, this is where our minds go.

VERY interested in what happens with the deadline coming and going today..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I haven't gone and googled the group like others have I don't see anything sinister about it either. And I don't see why it would effect her life even if it was unless the family was against it. But she's wouldn't have it where they could see it if she was worried about it no matter what the board isn't actually for. The only thing it made me think was that it's an odd name to pick for the board but maybe she heard the name and likes it and that's all. Or she saw a board on a friends with that for it's name and liked it so she used it and nothing weird or odd. It is good to look at everything though because who knows what could end up being a big clue.

<modsnip>

Totally understood. This board needs to be safe place to toss out an idea, as long as it is treating victims with respect.

Having said that, I have Pinterest boards called-
"Foot Fetish" - where I put shoes I like
"Portal Obsession" - where I put artist styled gates and doorways
"Second Star to the Right" - where I put antique maps

So I respectfully submit that while it's an interesting call out, I don't believe it is relevant.

MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it's after 5am over here on the west coast so is the offer up? If so would the other offer still be there for the six figure amount for leading them to her(which seems directed at a partner in crime)or will they magically extend the offer again?i wonder if anyone has actually seen the money with their own eyes because it's easy to send someone a photo of a stack of money but if they've seen it with their own eyes that's different. I don't think the money exists but want to hope it not only exists but gets her home. I would lean towards hoax if she makes it home for thanksgiving like some movie plot.

<modsnip>

I think it's important to have people like you who are willing to look into all ideas even if it ends up a dead end. none of us can guess what will be a dead end and what could be a big break in the case so I think your investigating is important.

Why is it that missing persons cases aren't initially handled with the worst possible outcome of possibilities being ruled out first, then work backwards from there? Why do we accept "can't rule out they left on their own free will" just because there isn't a body immediately and there isn't a lot of physical evidence. Why shouldn't it be the other way around? Need proof this person did leave on their own free will, before investigative and searching efforts cease. It's just so frustrating sometimes to see this happen. I support LE 100%, and I know they have their protocol but it just wears on you when you read case after case of searching called off or investigation halted only to have a body recovered later on. Unless LE has direct information Sherri left on her own, I don't think search efforts shouldn't happen. We haven't been told there is any evidence to support she would just leave on her own or wanted to walk away from it all. Not to say that may be the case, I just don't think it should be handled from an investigative stand point until there is evidence to suggest that she did. Sorry for my rambling long thoughts... not even sure any of this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several of us have wondered the same things. It seems counterintuitive to treat it as though it isn't an abduction ... just find the person and worry about everything else later.
But LE has limited resources, and since most missing adults are not abductions, there isn't much they can do. For whatever reason, LE doesn't believe Sherri was abducted.

I've been thinking about this case, and the road where the phone was found. It's a pretty desolate road. If a sick psycho was looking for any random victim, it seems odd to me they would drive back where Sherri's phone was found, unless they are local and knew she jogged in that area.

I read Sherri jogged the area on a regular basis and IIRC she was also training for an upcoming event, which would make her jogging even more regular. A local sicko could have noticed her and started stalking the area to grab Sherri, specifically.

I hope LE is going over that area with a fine tooth comb. Sex offenders, loner men living alone, anyone with even the slightest red flag to start, then span out. The more I think about the area the more I feel this was not random, but planned.

For whatever reason, LE doesn't believe Sherri was abducted.

Wow, why in the world would they think that?

If they truly think she wasn't abducted on that road then they must think the phone was planted?? Otherwise an abduction seems obvious.

I think we have to be careful interpreting someones digital footprint online. I think of our own. Someone might come to a very wrong conclusion if he were to try to figure us out. I mean WS's look up all kinds of crazy topics, places, etc. Then there is other things all people do. Google terms we might not know, and have no real interest in other than a definition. Or perhaps trying to remember someone's name on tv, a movie or in our past. just a passing thought with no significance to us. Then we go missing and people are left to wonder. They read what we have been up to online and what will they think? Maybe we fell in a well, but the world of online snoops and sleuths thinks we are a serial killer on the run in Mongolia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14