Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of money to tease someone with. Imagine the scenario they've cooked up is real and you're Sherri. Your abductor can't make the deadline and the money is suddenly off the table. What if the promise of a pay off was keeping her alive?

I don't understand how anyone is playing along with this, unless there's something going on behind the scenes we're not privy to. I have my doubts the anonymous donor and bags of cash actually exists.

images

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...RtST4Wnmp5g7bnL_qqwQa7b6hWVnQRtXBAuZobQjJEIRz

If she left on her own, perhaps she'll see the video and it will be an opportunity for her to come home without losing face. She can claim her captor "released" her. She doesn't need to claim the money and risk being discovered....just show up again.

I don't think she left on her own, but would be thrilled if she did and this coaxed into giving up that plan.

just thinking aloud....

jmo

A deadline is often used to create a sense of urgency to close a sale. You don't want them to think about it, you want them to act.

They can always extend the deadline. If no contact has been made by the deadline, then a deal is just not going to happen.

They have asked for proof of life. If that were provided, you can bet any deadline would be extended.

Sadly, I highly doubt anybody is in a position to provide proof of life at this point. And that's a terrible thought, actually...

If she left on her own, perhaps she'll see the video and it will be an opportunity for her to come home without losing face. She can claim her captor "released" her. She doesn't need to claim the money and risk being discovered....just show up again.

I don't think she left on her own, but would be thrilled if she did and this coaxed into giving up that plan.

just thinking aloud....

jmo

That's what I'm referring to with the "behind the scenes" comment. If they suspect she left on her own this is giving her an easy way out, a way to come home blameless and start over like nothing happened. And CG gets to play the hero so I can see him going along with it even if he suspects she's not being held somewhere against her will.

New thing! rank items in order of least likely (9) to most likely (1).

1.___Kidnapped; ransom will be paid.
2.___Abducted; will come home alive.
3.___Abducted; will not come home alive.
4.___Will be found to have had amnesia.
5.___Hoax involving SP, those close to her.
6.___Left willingly; those close to her don't know.
7.___Murdered; the jog was a red herring all along.
8.___Hit by car while jogging; driver disposed of body.
9.___Committed suicide.

Question...What if?

So, CG reports in tomorrow that overnight he exchanged the $100k for Sherri and she is home, safe and sound.

States he has no idea who the individual was that he made the exchange with, and doesn't care because mission was accomplished. She's home, no interviews, no press conferences just radio silence.

What wins...Hoax or Abduction?

KB abductor did not need money. It appears he had plenty of it. I don't think money would have caused him to come forward. Todd K knew what he did was wrong and chose to keep her locked up in a container.

So, CG reports in tomorrow that overnight he exchanged the $100k for Sherri and she is home, safe and sound.

States he has no idea who the individual was that he made the exchange with, and doesn't care because mission was accomplished. She's home, no interviews, no press conferences just radio silence.

Hoax.

Well, I guess if Sherri is returned, then Sherri would know the truth.

Perhaps we won't be privy to that, but it beats the alternative(death).

IMOO.

A deadline is often used to create a sense of urgency to close a sale. You don't want them to think about it, you want them to act.

They can always extend the deadline. If no contact has been made by the deadline, then a deal is just not going to happen.

They have asked for proof of life. If that were provided, you can bet any deadline would be extended.

Sadly, I highly doubt anybody is in a position to provide proof of life at this point. And that's a terrible thought, actually...

I understand the sense of urgency and what a deadline is for. However, this isn't a sale... it's a situation that (if an abduction has taken place) great caution needs to be used.

IMO, as desperate as I would be to see my loved one returned, I would be very aware that she was in the hands of someone unknown, their danger also unknown. I would want to leave any negotiations up to seasoned professionals, not to risk their life further supporting an unknown contributor to a reward being offered outside of all lanes of expertise.

But each to their own. The fact that people aren't agreeing with me is a good sign to be honest. It means that some people take it as the urgency I'm sure was intended.

All this is just discussion over quibbles and niggles and, ultimately alongside everyone here, I only want to see Sherri home and/or safe. [emoji1374]

If she wasn't kidnapped for ransom, why would the perp risk getting caught for money when SP will know who it was and they have gotten away so far? I agree that it puts SP's life on the line if she is still alive. Highly risky and unpredictable situation to light the fuse on.

If it were my daughter I would do anything to get her back, anything!

New thing! rank items in order of least likely (9) to most likely (1).

1.___Kidnapped; ransom will be paid.
2.___Abducted; will come home alive.
3.___Abducted; will not come home alive.
4.___Will be found to have had amnesia.
5.___Hoax involving SP, those close to her.
6.___Left willingly; those close to her don't know.
7.___Murdered; the jog was a red herring all along.
8.___Hit by car while jogging; driver disposed of body.
9.___Committed suicide.

My ranking (there are only 3 possible outcomes in my opinion):

#1. Murdered, jog was a red herring.

way down the list...

#8. Voluntary Missing
#9. Suicide

Where is Keith these days? Is he back to work? I haven't seen him in any recent news articles that I can remember.

Hoax.

I understand the sense of urgency and what a deadline is for. However, this isn't a sale... it's a situation that (if an abduction has taken place) great caution needs to be used.

[...] [emoji1374]

The overall chances of success are improved by imposing a deadline. That's why it's used.

edit: In fact, to turn this around, why would you NOT impose a deadline, knowing that they improve the chances of a successful outcome? Do you really want to take that kind of chance when a person's life may be at stake?

KB abductor did not need money. It appears he had plenty of it. I don't think money would have caused him to come forward. Todd K knew what he did was wrong and chose to keep her locked up in a container.

But I dont think we have another TK here.

Anything is a possibility I know but I dont think this is the case here.

Jmo

Depends on what she tells LE.

But probably hoax.

If that happened LE would investigate everyone - including SP - for wire fraud for the interstate solicitation of donations and my money would be on LE determining it was a criminal hoax where we'd probably see SP charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto