Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that part of the reason we feel like we're lost after going down rabbit holes is possibly because there are some more likely avenues to search that can't be explored? Nearly everyone from the beginning had a feeling of misdirection, of major missing pieces, and so on. I know what I suspected right away; that changed when suddenly a possibility was "eliminated," taken at face value (at least I did, with a little reluctance), and limited sleuthing options as a result.

Maybe not. Maybe that's another neverending underground maze, too.

I am thinking that if she had killed herself it would have been well planned out, big and extravagant, like the wedding. She would have used the means available to her; i.e. gun; and left a note. JMO

I think she was either murdered by someone she knew or she left voluntarily/hoax. Not clear on the possible motive. Why did her parents move out of Redding?

Does anyone else think that part of the reason we feel like we're lost after going down rabbit holes is possibly because there are some more likely avenues to search that can't be explored? Nearly everyone from the beginning had a feeling of misdirection, of major missing pieces, and so on. I know what I suspected right away; that changed when suddenly a possibility was "eliminated," taken at face value (at least I did, with a little reluctance), and limited sleuthing options as a result.

Maybe not. Maybe that's another neverending underground maze, too.

I agree, there is a major piece we are all missing, and I think that LE wants it to be that way. For whatever reason, LE is playing it very close tot he vest on this case and we won't know what that major missing piece is until LE is ready to show us their hand, so to speak. :gaah:

My #1 theory / gut reaction from day one: murdered, jog red herring.

Very distant #2: Voluntary Missing
Followed by #3: Suicide

Your #1 theory/gut reaction (murdered, jog red herring) is where I came in. I've tried other theories on for size (voluntary and suicide and even abduction) but I keep coming back to murder. :( We shall see.

I agree, there is a major piece we are all missing, and I think that LE wants it to be that way. For whatever reason, LE is playing it very close tot he vest on this case and we won't know what that major missing piece is until LE is ready to show us their hand, so to speak. :gaah:

But how many "Whodunit" cases have they truly solved throughout the years.

Imo. LE in some counties are regular folks that don't have a clue.

And they may be good with breaking up bar fights, or arresting people in domestic violence altercations and even great at catching trespassers and handling nuisance calls.

But in all honesty; Are they really capable of handling this type of case?

Great post. This helps eliminate the runaway and the fake abduction theories.

The above is why I have put those two lowest on my list. It doesn't rule out that she was suicidal or in a mental fog from a medical event and dropped her phone either absentmindedly or by accident. Nor can I rule out abduction or the phone was tossed by an abductor to avoid being traced. I'm guessing the only reason police are not stating it is for sure abduction is there is no clear evidence of someone else having handled her phone. Police also have said they cannot rule abduction out.

I also saw that one of her hobbies was hiking. Maybe she went out for a hike instead of a jog? I know that there are quite a few clandestine "grow operations" in northern california, maybe she stumbled upon one? Or maybe she came across some transient RSO campsite? It still doesn't really account for her phones location though.

No matter what theory I think of, no matter how good it sounds....the pieces just don't fit.

I am just as confused as everyone else. I feel like a lot of info is not being shared by family with LE and by LE with the public. With that said, it makes it hard for us sleuthers to make any real headway on possible scenarios. It feels like we are spinning our wheels as a result.

Many theories that come to mind are not allowed to be discussed here. I understand why, but it certainly hinders the whodunnit process. I hope wherever SP is that she makes it home safe and that whoever is responsible is brought to justice.

Hi all, I've been one of the many guests following this thread from the beginning, after her disappearance made headlines in Australia-!, trying to keep up, and only now am posting a comment :) in my opinion, my theory is that yes she was taken, (maybe by someone known to her or her family..) and perhaps the person who has her is extorting her family for money... etc... and threatening her safety if they inform police of their threats.... Her parents seem quite well known with the drag boat racing community, (from memory when I first was following this case), and that's an expensive sport... This would explain why the FBI is involved, and why everything is kept so quiet... I think the Ransom Negotiator has jumped on board trying to help, but I don't think he really knows any more of the details than we all do... Sorry if this has already been suggested, I honestly have tried to keep up!!

What crime exactly? Who are "we". I'm honestly trying to follow your thinking but you lost me. What is the motive for the crime? Who benefits?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Technically it could be just one person or two so I'm basically saying it feels like this person it persons just wants to do as much as possible to confuse everyone and distract the cops

Sorry, I did edit my original post to reflect it was found "near" not at the intersection. The fence that the balloons were tied to is across from Sunrise as shown in the google map on the HFSP link.

http://nwww.sacbee.com/news/local/article114313103.html
http://nwww.helpfindsherripapini.com

I wonder, though, if the reporter just wrote that about the balloons, or if he knew it for a fact. They could have been assuming, or just using a turn of phrase.

Another video report showed the base of the guy wires for the telephone pole on the corner. They didn't say why they were showing that spot, but it sure seemed to be where the phone was found.

I just discovered something cool! On Bing maps, you can do street view on Sunrise Drive. We can wander around their neighborhood!

The spot by the mailboxes is pretty private. It's screened from the house to the north, and to the south there is an outbuilding visible, but the house is pretty screened as well.
https://binged.it/2gj7dJz

Still, it would be a risky spot to take someone, it seems.

Perhaps law enforcement has a suspect in mind, they are saying one thing and meaning something else. Watching this suspect just waiting until she/he gets careless and leads them in the right direction.....

Or, they have nothing at all to go on....and so it goes.....

If Sherri left intentionally whatever was troubling her must have been horrendous for her to leave her two children...

Has anyone cross referenced Sherri's pinterest posts within say the last 12 weeks to see if there is any pattern there of anything at all that would give a state of mind?

And has her extremely large presence on Poshmark closet been discussed?

I have been trying to keep but there is a lot to sift through on these threads!!

I have looked into most of her Pinterest posts....nothing jumped out at me as far as a pattern .....

I have looked into most of her Pinterest posts....nothing jumped out at me as far as a pattern .....

I was just noticing there were a few posts from 11 weeks ago, and wondered if a list was made if it would show a change in thinking.

I have also noticed that her amazon wishlist is gone......

If her phone had not been found at all, would everyone still have their same opinion of what happened?
It literally is the only clue we have.
I've virtually eliminated her running away.
I can't see any advantage to her if she did dump the phone there, might as well have just left it home, if she was determined to run away, I don't think she would care if people knew, seems pointless to make it look like an aduction, unless she did intend to return in a blaze of glory with an unlikely story.

I don't have much to add except that the searches being called
off sits with me wrong. CG and the family are convinced she was abducted. However, the Sheriff isn't so convinced. And time here is so precious and important and it appears that all hope and attention have been placed on the ransom despite the fact that the account has a generous amount in it to devote towards finding Sherri. Unless the Sheriff is bluffing, it almost sounds like the family absolutely knows something he doesn't; or he's not buying their position. I know they hired one PI but has any other resource been employed toward finding Sherri?
ETA: The family seems to be convinced she's alive. I can't think of any other reason why searches would have stopped and there seems to be a lack of urgency. But if they are convinced she's alive, why not share the information why so the public can help? Is there a description of anything? You believe she's in another area then what area?

Hoping 11/23 is the day Sherri is found.

Where are you, Sherri?

Are we safe to assume her phone was found on the actual pavement and not on the side of the road in the dirt/weeds/ gravel? Since it was reported that some blonde hairs were found with the phone, I would think it would have had to been found on the pavement/ road. I don't think a couple of blonde hairs would be easily detectable if the phone was tossed on the side of the road or further. If I'm a perp and I just abducted a woman jogging off the street and put her in my vehicle, the first thing I am doing is tossing her phone out of my vehicle window. Obviously I would be rushed and trying to drive out of there as quickly as possible. I'm right handed and so naturally I would roll down the passenger window and chuck the phone hard enough to make sure it's gone. All the while still driving. Most likely the phone would be found, but some distance off the actual road. This type of abduction scenario doesn't leave a lot of room for blonde hairs to be found with the phone. If SP was abducted right there off that street, there would have had to have been a struggle on the road dropping of the phone, leaving blonde hairs with it. Just thinking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone cross referenced Sherri's pinterest posts within say the last 12 weeks to see if there is any pattern there of anything at all that would give a state of mind?

And has her extremely large presence on Poshmark closet been discussed?

I have been trying to keep but there is a lot to sift through on these threads!!
Threads 3, 4, and 5 cover Pinterest et al ad nauseam, which is why there is so much to sift through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur