Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...hold on, you're in for a bumpy ride...and I hope it makes sense when I get it down on paper....LOL
First, for the past 2 days I've been reading tweets, retweets and answers to tweets from these wannabe "thuglettes". So, background, there is a HUGE following of the movie "Project X"....parties, etc. Apparently, on Mar 16th, there was a huge "Project X" party going down in Livermore, which, if I read correctly, was supposed to be attended by Fremont kids. SL's OWN tweets did NOT mention going to the party in any way shape or form...so I'm not saying she was planning ANYTHING wrong.
She CONSTANTLYwanted to go back to Fremont, visit Fremont, etc.
In one of her tweets, she mentioned needing "30 more followers to get to 300". It seemed a big thing when people "unfollowed" her.

Now, for ME, from here is what gets "hella" confusing...sorry couldn't resist...LOL.

From the article linked....

The determination that the unknown suspect or suspects in the possible abduction is familiar and comfortable with Morgan Hill is based partially on the location of Sierra’s home, Cardoza said. Police think she was likely picked up or abducted close to her residence.

“She lives in a secluded area,” Cardoza said. “There’s not much of a chance that she’s going to have contact with transients or strangers” who are unfamiliar with the area.

Cardoza clarified that the official designation of Sierra as an “involuntary missing person” could mean she was abducted, kidnapped, or she voluntary ran away but ended up with someone who turned out to have malicious intent.

No specific evidence so far points more heavily toward any one of those options, he added.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...y-acquaintance-possible-in-sierra-lamar-case/

ITA with this statement. Where SL lives is NOT a busy street. The perp would need to know she was there, IMO....I also put ALL my faith in the dogs determining she only got to the end of her driveway.

The mere fact that:
A) She had so many "followers" on her Twitter (almost 300 BEFORE she went missing)
B) ANYONE other than followers could read the tweets
C) Friends of friends, and so on could also read them

I'm thinking maybe she got a call on her cell or an email on her computer from someone who read she was really into the "Project X" movie AND her wanting sooo bad to go back to Fremont. They told her about the party and she thought it was sooo cool....she could party with the older crowd AND see her friends. Maybethey said "so and so" from Fremont was going. They told her they'd pick her up - kinda get a "bond" thing going - wear her "party" clothes, and for her to bring a change of clothes to get back into after the party so mom doesn't "suspect" anything....AND, she brought ANOTHER purse with her makeup, etc.
Maybe spend like a Ferris Bueller type of day....she supposedly never did that....there's a first time for everything, right??? Could her last text have been to talk about the party, the phone goes out the window....maybe as a joke by the perp, like "get rid of this thing" you don't need that today....maybe not :(
Don't know why, BUT I still think SHE put her stuff by the shed to pick up later.

The "lead" could be from the results of her computer hard drive or cell call results??? It DOES take a while to get that info, IIRC. This fitting back into that "someone" calling or emailing about picking her up???
They go down by the shed to hide her stuff...MAYBE the drivers suggestion...they DID say the perp had a pretty good knowledge of Morgan Hill.
After THAT, poor baby doesn't know what was gonna happen to her.

ETA: About SL NOT folding clothes, LE never REALLY got into the "folding"...like folded from the cleaners or "kinda" folded to FIT as opposed to just balling them up. Embarassing to say, I'm NOT a big "folder". I kinda fold my shirts in half, then in half....not "neatly", just to get it done...sorry...:blushing:

ALSO...another suggestion going more on the "neat" folding thing...maybe it wasn't just ONE person...a female to get her into a car...a male does the horrible crime...SHE folds the clothes....some women actually fold their clothes VERY neatly.

Where was the Project X party? Also what was the time of the party? tia
Above is the excellent post from MyTinkieGirl that has the Project X party info in it. She found the info by reading through many of Sierra's twitters.

This is the excellent post from MyTinkieGirl that has the Project X party info in it. She found the info by reading through many of Sierra's twitters.

I asked in an earlier post where and when this party was. Does anyone know? tia

pens, i think our posts got crossed. sorry for the repeat.

Above is the excellent post from MyTinkieGirl that has the Project X party info in it. She found the info by reading through many of Sierra's twitters.

Yes, I read that and it says LIvermore but no time is given. I am assuming it was at night. If that is the case SL I wouldn't think would just not come home that late at night without her mother's permission or at least without her being aware of it. jmo

BBM: Yes ... it is very confusing .... and is it English :laugh:

JMO ... but when I read that statement, my impression was that LE is "tip-toeing around" the fact that they have "something" ... and that "something" IS pointing towards "someone" ... and that "someone" is someone they already know ...

Sure wish we knew "what" that "something" is and "who" that "someone" is ...

:moo::moo::moo:

Agree about the tip-toeing! So much so, I think they really don't have much, sadly. IMO they could say allot more without comprising the investigation, and if they really don't have anything, then say so.
Remember in the Holly Bobo case the remark something to the effect of being one clue away from solving the case...
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...tbi-says-one-clue-away-from-cracking-the-case

(snip) She didn't want her mom to locate her in another town at the party by using her phone's GPS (really easy to do), so she tossed her phone by the road.. She planned to tell her mom it was lost or stolen.
(snip)

On the one hand, considering that her iTouch was recently lost or stolen, and her mom apparently did not question that, saying her phone had also been lost or stolen would be plausible...

BUT

It would make more sense to have taken the phone to a location near the school (the party was an hour's drive away and it was barely 7am... no rush to get there) and left it. Then the GPS would show it (and presumably HER) at school, and MAYBE someone WOULD have found it and kept it and it really WOULD look as if it was lost/stolen. She could have put it in a public place where it would attract a thief. Or she could have left her phone in her room, and a voicemail on hte home phone letting her mom know she was at school, but had walked out without her phone because she was late. She could have had her ride meet her at school and "conveniently" left her phone on the bus and departed for the party from the school.

AND

Sierra is smart enough to know how to disable the GPS on an Android phone if she wanted to "hide" for a day. Then if her mom did call or text, she could answer. ESPECIALLY since it seems Marlene was more likely to text than call, background "party noise" would not be an issue, nor would it be apparent if she were to become intoxicated.

She could have pulled the battery, sim, and SD cards and put the phone in her bag to pick up later. Later she could tell her mom she had forgotten her charger (which she could have left behind intentionally so she could use this excuse) and her phone had died.

There was no need for Sierra to throw an expensive phone away, even if she wanted to play hooky.

She didn't throw the phone away as part of some ruse to fool her mom. She was TRUSTED by Marlene, and thus could have told a lie or two and gotten away with it.

Do we know if any of her friends were also missing from school that day? I don't recall seeing that info posted.

On the one hand, considering that her iTouch was recently lost or stolen, and her mom apparently did not question that, saying her phone had also been lost or stolen would be plausible...

BUT

It would make more sense to have taken the phone to a location near the school (the party was an hour's drive away and it was barely 7am... no rush to get there) and left it. Then the GPS would show it (and presumably HER) at school, and MAYBE someone WOULD have found it and kept it and it really WOULD look as if it was lost/stolen. She could have put it in a public place where it would attract a thief. Or she could have left her phone in her room, and a voicemail on hte home phone letting her mom know she was at school, but had walked out without her phone because she was late. She could have had her ride meet her at school and "conveniently" left her phone on the bus and departed for the party from the school.

AND

Sierra is smart enough to know how to disable the GPS on an Android phone if she wanted to "hide" for a day. Then if her mom did call or text, she could answer. ESPECIALLY since it seems Marlene was more likely to text than call, background "party noise" would not be an issue, nor would it be apparent if she were to become intoxicated.

She could have pulled the battery, sim, and SD cards and put the phone in her bag to pick up later. Later she could tell her mom she had forgotten her charger (which she could have left behind intentionally so she could use this excuse) and her phone had died.

There was no need for Sierra to throw an expensive phone away, even if she wanted to play hooky.

She didn't throw the phone away as part of some ruse to fool her mom. She was TRUSTED by Marlene, and thus could have told a lie or two and gotten away with it.
Have you read her texts? I read quite a few. I don't know that Sierra and her mom had a fantastic relationship. (Yes, I understand that many times teen girls and moms don't have fantastic relationships.)

If is possible that Sierra hated her Android (too big?) and it was time on her phone plan to upgrade. Perhaps the screen was scratched or broken on my edge and she didn't like it? Perhaps the party in Livermore was touted to be so great that going was worth getting in trouble for having her phone "stolen" or "lost"?
We just don't know.

Do we know if any of her friends were also missing from school that day? I don't recall seeing that info posted.
Good question. I wonder if any of her Fremont friends skipped school that day.

Agree about the tip-toeing! So much so, I think they really don't have much, sadly. IMO they could say allot more without comprising the investigation, and if they really don't have anything, then say so.
Remember in the Holly Bobo case the remark something to the effect of being one clue away from solving the case...
http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...tbi-says-one-clue-away-from-cracking-the-case

I think the exact opposite :). I think they have a suspect, but, not 100percent The evidence thus far will bring conviction. they want to investigate more without the suspect lawyering up and clamming up...

All I know is that there are vast numbers of cases that have never been solved (cold), even with the most up-to-date criminal profiling tools.

IMO, there are some cases, where time, distance, blocking mechanisms; for instance, jurisdiction, power, privilege, control have been used by the perps. to stop the progression of the investigation.

My :twocents::

A case that springs to mind is the Jonbenet Ramsey case. And that raises a question I have not known WHERE to ask... (and I may get put in a corner for even asking)...

There is a thread here that suggests the Ramsey's were involved in Jonbenet's demise. A recent poll was added to see whether people still felt this was the case. What loophole in WS policy allows us to host such a thread or post to it? The parents have been OFFICIALLY CLEARED, yet we continue to speculate about their involvement.

Similarly, Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson were each found NOT GUILTY on criminal charges of murder, yet their cases are frequently referenced as examples of "one that slipped through the system." Are we still allowed to "accuse" them after a "not guilty" verdict?

Under what conditions are we allowed to accuse/sleuth/posit that people LE has cleared are involved? Laurie Smith, the sherrif, has stated that NOBODY has been excluded... does this blanket statement reverse the earlier statement that Marlene, Rick and Steve specifically are not considered POI?

Waiting to be sent to WS :jail:

-DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE DID DAY BEFORE AFTER SCHOOL AND WITH WHO SHE TALKED BY ANDROID LAST TIME, WHEN???? WHEN SHE WAS VIWED LAST TIME BY FRIENDS OR NEIGHBORS?
-DO WE KNOW ABOUT SCHOOL BUS [maybe I miss something] HOW MANY KIDS WAS IN BUS AT SIERRA'S STOP? I THINK I READ THAT BUS DRIVER WERE WAITING
THAN DRIVE TO SIERRAS HOME AND BACK BEFORE CONTINUE TO NEXT STOP.
?????

Yes, I read that and it says LIvermore but no time is given. I am assuming it was at night. If that is the case SL I wouldn't think would just not come home that late at night without her mother's permission or at least without her being aware of it. jmo

If I was not at work I would dig deeper. But I just did a search on The party It looks like it was Friday Night the 16th. I see tweets from people talking about it but since at work can't go any deeper, Don't want to get caught.

Sorry, I had errands to do. But I recorded the Fox show and it was what we thought. OLD news. They were just summarizing the pond searches and saying there was nothing found so far. :mad:

mck16 says:
If they are researching the reservoirs and ponds because they have a strong lead from the items of SL that were found as we are speculating, why would Klass Kids be searching again? This is confusing to me. If they have a strong lead directed to water, why are they still searching land.

I am wondering if in fact they do have a strong lead. I hope so, but just doesn't seem logical. jmo

bbm: iirc they had a search scheduled for wednesday, saturday, and sunday of this week (but I haven't seen anything about today's search yet in the media reports)

1. You never turn away volunteers in a case like this.

2. There is not much KK can do to help search the water, so why NOT let them continue to search the land, even researching areas they feel they may have rushed through early on?

suspension=rumor

if your post is missing that is why

thanks peeps.

If I was not at work I would dig deeper. But I just did a search on The party It looks like it was Friday Night the 16th. I see tweets from people talking about it but since at work can't go any deeper, Don't want to get caught.

Are you looking at SL's tweet acct?

-DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE DID DAY BEFORE AFTER SCHOOL AND WITH WHO SHE TALKED BY ANDROID LAST TIME, WHEN???? WHEN SHE WAS VIWED LAST TIME BY FRIENDS OR NEIGHBORS?
-DO WE KNOW ABOUT SCHOOL BUS [maybe I miss something] HOW MANY KIDS WAS IN BUS AT SIERRA'S STOP? I THINK I READ THAT BUS DRIVER WERE WAITING
THAN DRIVE TO SIERRAS HOME AND BACK BEFORE CONTINUE TO NEXT STOP.
?????

Unknown who Sierra talked to via her android phone last, but it was stated by LE that she had sent a text to a school friend at 7:11 AM that morning, and that the friend responded but Sierra did not respond back.

As far as we have been told, Marlene was the last person to see Sierra. Unsure when her friends actually saw her last, or neighbors saw her last.

Sierra waited at the bus stop alone; no other students used that stop.

The bus driver may have waited at the bus stop for Sierra but she did not drive up to Sierra's home before continuing on to the next stop. That was a rumor and remains a rumor until it is substantiated.

I am assuming they decided to finish searching all of the ponds, whether or not they had a tip or a lead pointing to water, because why just search some of them, and leave some unsearched? That would always leave the possibility open that she could be in the one of the ones they did not search.

I don't think it means they have any evidence of water specifically being involved. I hope I am wrong and they do have specific info. I guess we will know more when we see what happens next. JMO

Last weekend our community cleaned out a local creek bed. It is a narrow waterway only a few inches deep, but they pulled out dozens of tires, bikes, and shopping carts, plus an engine block and the bumper to a 1972 Chevelle. Imagine what could be in a BIG body of water.

I assume the "scans" they are doing would show if there was a car in one of these bodies of water? I assume that they would, and divers might go in to check them out in situ, rather than trying to pull them out, which might dislodge something of evidentiary value. Would a large barrel, crate, or a discarded refrigerator be looked into if found? Or would these things all be considered "old junk"?

If they are researching the reservoirs and ponds because they have a strong lead from the items of SL that were found as we are speculating, why would Klass Kids be searching again? This is confusing to me. If they have a strong lead directed to water, why are they still searching land.

I am wondering if in fact they do have a strong lead. I hope so, but just doesn't seem logical. jmo

Because even a strong lead is not a foregone conclusion. It has to be followed up on but don't pin the progress of the entire investigation on any lead.

Having volunteer searches lets LE concentrate on the water searches.

Have you read her texts? I read quite a few. I don't know that Sierra and her mom had a fantastic relationship. (Yes, I understand that many times teen girls and moms don't have fantastic relationships.)

If is possible that Sierra hated her Android (too big?) and it was time on her phone plan to upgrade. Perhaps the screen was scratched or broken on my edge and she didn't like it? Perhaps the party in Livermore was touted to be so great that going was worth getting in trouble for having her phone "stolen" or "lost"?
We just don't know.

Where did you read her texts? I'd love to see those! I do know things were "strained" but Marlene said that Sierra was a good girl and not one to disappear without letting someone know. So she could have "forgotten" her phone accidentally on purpose just for that one day, and her mom would not have doubted her.

My daughter had a phone that was YEARS old. It would not hold a charge, and she hated it. She'd love a smartphone, but her phone bill is already too high (she is on her Dad's plan, thank goodness) and her Dad did not want to sign up for two more years so she could get a new phone. She begged and pleaded, told us both how crappy her phone was, but she also knew it was her connection to her friends and would not have thrown it away. She just charged it every chance she could, and limped along until I got her a touch screen phone recently from eBay. It is much nicer and newer than her old phone, and she seems happy with it, but she'd have toughed it out with the old phone as long as she had to until she could get a new one. She wouldn't have taken the chance of us telling her we would not buy a replacement if she had "lost" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway