Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was not at work I would dig deeper. But I just did a search on The party It looks like it was Friday Night the 16th. I see tweets from people talking about it but since at work can't go any deeper, Don't want to get caught.
If her Fremont friends attended this party, would they would have told the police if they saw Sierra in attendance? Would they have told police about underage drinking and confessed if Sierra "had an accident"? I don't know. After a month of police questioning and searches, I would think at least one teenage would tell Sierra's concerned parents if they saw her at this party.

Taking photos at a party with underage drinking would be incriminating, so if Sierra attended, there might not be photos of her at the party.

Last weekend our community cleaned out a local creek bed. It is a narrow waterway only a few inches deep, but they pulled out dozens of tires, bikes, and shopping carts, plus an engine block and the bumper to a 1972 Chevelle. Imagine what could be in a BIG body of water.

I assume the "scans" they are doing would show if there was a car in one of these bodies of water? I assume that they would, and divers might go in to check them out in situ, rather than trying to pull them out, which might dislodge something of evidentiary value. Would a large barrel, crate, or a discarded refrigerator be looked into if found? Or would these things all be considered "old junk"?

From what I heard on last night's local news (KGO channel 7), one of the SO analysts said they found two cars and need to figure out how long they have been in the water. They are looking for anything suspicious, so that would include most objects. The analysts were going to work all night to review 12 hours of sonar tapes taken yesterday.

Where did you read her texts? I'd love to see those! I do know things were "strained" but Marlene said that Sierra was a good girl and not one to disappear without letting someone know. So she could have "forgotten" her phone accidentally on purpose just for that one day, and her mom would not have doubted her.

My daughter had a phone that was YEARS old. It would not hold a charge, and she hated it. She'd love a smartphone, but her phone bill is already too high (she is on her Dad's plan, thank goodness) and her Dad did not want to sign up for two more years so she could get a new phone. She begged and pleaded, told us both how crappy her phone was, but she also knew it was her connection to her friends and would not have thrown it away. She just charged it every chance she could, and limped along until I got her a touch screen phone recently from eBay. It is much nicer and newer than her old phone, and she seems happy with it, but she'd have toughed it out with the old phone as long as she had to until she could get a new one. She wouldn't have taken the chance of us telling her we would not buy a replacement if she had "lost" it.

Try googling "Sierra Lamar twitter". I don't know if we are allowed to post the link.

tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU READ THIS POST!

The parents and the mother's boyfriend have been cleared. Sleuthing them and speculating about their involvement is off limits.
No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9
bumping the opening post... we are not sleuthing Sierra's parents... or her mother's boyfriend.

Unfortunately, I think it's way beyond him turning himself in. So sad to say that. He may even have killed her because of the media attention...not that he wanted to in the first place, but out of panic. I can't get away from thinking this guy didn't want to hurt her, but was possibly put in a place where he had no choice - in his mind. I truly believe that based upon everything. I pray to God that he still has her. And I pray that if he does, that he will come forward and she will recover from this. Stat's don't show this so well.

I think of the ramifications of this persons actions...I just pray to God that he's totally freaking out and has her and will set her free, even if he knows it will condemn him.

May even be possible that it "went bad", meaning SL got into a vehicle with someone she was familiar with, someone who had been watching her and knew her morning habits. That person came onto her, or tried to molest her, and remember - she has asthma and no inhaler with her that day. Maybe during a struggle she did die, but not directly at the hand of the perp. He'd have to then suddenly do something with a body. I mean, how could he explain how a 15 yr old died in his car. JMO

I don't think it's coincidence that this happened when the farm-workers were not around for the day. Not saying it's one of them, but very well someone highly familiar with the comings/goings in this neighborhood. How else could this small window of opportunity be known. I do not think there was that much time from when SL left the home and vanished.

bumping the opening post... we are not sleuthing Sierra's parents... or her mother's boyfriend.

Is this because they were "cleared"? Because I thought LE changed their mind and said something like "we haven't ruled anyone out as a suspect".

Unknown who Sierra talked to via her android phone last, but it was stated by LE that she had sent a text to a school friend at 7:11 AM that morning, and that the friend responded but Sierra did not respond back.

As far as we have been told, Marlene was the last person to see Sierra. Unsure when her friends actually saw her last, or neighbors saw her last.

Sierra waited at the bus stop alone; no other students used that stop.

The bus driver may have waited at the bus stop for Sierra but she did not drive up to Sierra's home before continuing on to the next stop. That was a rumor and remains a rumor until it is substantiated.

She also talked to her Dad and Sister the night before. She asked her Dad to make a hair appointment for her in Fremont.

Is this because they were "cleared"? Because I thought LE changed their mind and said something like "we haven't ruled anyone out as a suspect".

I bumped up the rules as people were beginning to speculate about the parents again. The rules are in the opening post. LE may have changed their verbage in reports but no one has been named a person of interest or suspect in this case. The no sleuthing or speculating of the parents rule is still in effect.

hope that helps.

Taking photos at a party with underage drinking would be incriminating, so if Sierra attended, there might not be photos of her at the party.

Look at a random teenager's Facebook account and even if they do not have photos of kids holding beer cans, or beer bongs, or playing drinking games, it's a sure bet that one of the people they have "friended" does. A coworker of mine once said that the best advice he ever got from his dad was "Don't ever let anyone photograph you with an alcoholic beverage in your hand." Things like that can be taken out of context even if you ARE legally old enough to drink. Posting photos of teens drinking is like providing time and date-stamped evidence of the commission of a crime. Doh!:banghead:

Hello everyone!

I'm a first time poster but long time lurker and have been following this case from the beginning and thought I'd throw in my two cents (or pence as us brits call it).

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to end well as far as Sierra returning alive and this has been made apparent through searches in water and through secluded areas (that would be perfect for dumping a body) IMO. I also agree that maybe the media attention could have panicked whoever Sierra was with (willingly or unwillingly) and resulted in her death.

ATM I'm thinking she left with an older male of her own accord (picked up via car at the end of the driveway) and maybe planned to spend a night away together in the assumption Marlene would believe Sierra was at her dads (not completely sure if the two parents communicated with each other a lot as far as plans go etc). Then perhaps when the media caught hold of the story and the theory she may have been kidnapped came about, the perp panicked. Being found with a minor after she's been reported missing would not be very good IMO.

Just MOO anyways :)

Originally Posted by LisaB
Where did you read her texts? I'd love to see those!

Try googling "Sierra Lamar twitter". I don't know if we are allowed to post the link.

That sends me to her Twitter account where I can read her tweets (and already had), but you made a reference to reading her text messages (from the phone). Has this information been published somewhere that I can see it too? I'm not interested in her Twitter account, as I do not think Marlene used tweets to contact her daughter. She specifically stated that she TEXTED Sierra around 3:45 after school should have let out and got no reply.

Hello everyone!

I'm a first time poster but long time lurker and have been following this case from the beginning and thought I'd throw in my two cents (or pence as us brits call it).

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to end well as far as Sierra returning alive and this has been made apparent through searches in water and through secluded areas (that would be perfect for dumping a body) IMO. I also agree that maybe the media attention could have panicked whoever Sierra was with (willingly or unwillingly) and resulted in her death.

ATM I'm thinking she left with an older male of her own accord (picked up via car at the end of the driveway) and maybe planned to spend a night away together in the assumption Marlene would believe Sierra was at her dads (not completely sure if the two parents communicated with each other a lot as far as plans go etc). Then perhaps when the media caught hold of the story and the theory she may have been kidnapped came about, the perp panicked. Being found with a minor after she's been reported missing would not be very good IMO.

Just MOO anyways :)

:welcome4:

I keep checking in, hoping to find there has been break in the case. After yesterday's forensic testing announcement, I figured there would be SOMETHING new. So frustrating. Her poor parents. Her poor sister. I have daughters that are the same distance in age as Sierra and her sister and if one of them were missing, the other one would be a basketcase....it would destroy them. I keep reminding myself that LE most likely has a lot more than they are saying. It's the only that makes any sense in this case...and it saves my sanity...because I hate the thought that someone is getting away with such a horrific crime.

I've been reading SL's tweets and saw several references to her "signature uniform" she wore on FRIDAYS being Red chucks (shoes), shirt, leggings and jean jacket.

Just curious as I've not seen this outfit mentioned elsewhere. Anyone else seen it?

Take this up with Tricia, NO the Ramseys were NOT cleared, that was by a corrupt DA who accepted a false confession from John Mark Karr, and gave him a free plane ticket to the US!!!

:seeya: AMEN !

:rocker: Linask is absolutely correct ... the R's were NEVER cleared ...

Back on topic ... Where is Sierra ?

I bumped up the rules as people were beginning to speculate about the parents again. The rules are in the opening post. LE may have changed their verbage in reports but no one has been named a person of interest or suspect in this case. The no sleuthing or speculating of the parents rule is still in effect.

hope that helps.

:seeya: :nurse:

RBBM: Now I "get it" ... must be named a "poi" or "suspect" by LE ...

Thank You !

Zooming in there is a sign that says "YES" leaning up against the right side of the back gate. Wonder when this picture was taken? There is also stuff piled around behind the front gate.
When DH, pup, and I sleuthed Morgan Hill and its environs about three weeks ago, we saw the YES sign at the front of the house. I wondered what it meant...
Political sign?
Sign regarding Sierra in some way?
???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads