Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #10 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your opinion is worth as much as any other poster! lol

If she went to party then someone would have to know something about the ones she went with, I would think. Teens cant keep secrets, imo. LE has said they have interviewed over 100 people including friends at her present HS and in Fremont and that was weeks ago when they said that so they may have interviewed even more by now.

Why would she have to hide her bag up against a rusty shed and step through prickly cactus though? Why wouldnt she just take her phone, purse, and the contents with her?

imo

Agreed- 1st off, you're opinion IS important.

As far as the party....it would have been fun, a party, a good time. No reason whatsoever to discard or eave anything behind. She was in a car! Certainly she might be allowed to leave a bag in the car of someone giving her a ride to said party.

The problem I have with the party is - why would that person need to pick her up in the morning. To me, her disappearance has nothing to do with a party that may or may not happen 40 miles away. If a 15 year old wants to party, they can do it locally.

So we are not talking about her phone, purse or clothing. Naturally her DNA would be found on those items.

Condoms, blue sweatshirt or .....?

I think it is someone else's DNA found on Sierra's personal belongings.

Those items were sent in first before the condoms/handcuff box, and old faded out sweatshirt.

imo

Sierra did not go to the Project X party in Livermore.

Because there was no Project X party in Livermore. It was surrounded by cops way before party time that Friday and never came close to happening.

What did the kids do that intended to go that party? Did they meet somewhere else?

Kids don't usually give up and go home - they find somewhere else to go - including the woods or a spot that someone knows is unknown to LE. somewhere private. (I was a kid once myself)

Sierra’s Mom: ‘We miss the rap music’
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/sierras-mom-we-miss-rap-music/nMcWB/

Also in the article:
"Sources have also told KTVU that DNA found on one of the items linked to Sierra that have been recovered by investigators."

These reporters are wanting the story out too fast. They dont even carefully review the article first.

Sources have also told KTVU that DNA was-(added by me) found on one of the items linked to Sierra that have been recovered by investigators.

Imo, the journalist forgot to include "was"

The items linked to Sierra are her own personal belongings, imo.

They have DNA belonging to someone else but do not have a match.

IMO

If LE found DNA not belonging to Sierra on one of her items, how does that become a lead to follow, unless they know who to ask for DNA to compare? Or are they saying it way down the line, if we have a suspect, it may become a lead? Am confused, as they made it sound like they had something to follow up on right away, whereas unknown DNA is never that, without a suspect. JMO

If LE found DNA not belonging to Sierra on one of her items, how does that become a lead to follow, unless they know who to ask for DNA to compare? Or are they saying it way down the line, if we have a suspect, it may become a lead? Am confused, as they made it sound like they had something to follow up on right away, whereas unknown DNA is never that, without a suspect. JMO

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can tell a number of things from DNA besides the person. I think you can tell race, age, gender, and I don't know what else. At least this can tell them what kind of person they are looking for. jmo

I've seen this often on forensic shows like Forensic Files and Snapped. They will keep this unknown DNA in their database. The perp is now on file, when they finally do identify him (not that this directly helps them), they will be able to compare, and if his DNA matches- he's busted!!!

I think they have taken DNA (bucal swabs) from some people already especially those that lived in the home with Sierra.

But the DNA they have found does not match any of those persons nor is it matching any criminal data bank cross matches either.

It may tell them the race of the person and whether they are a female or male. I know they can determine those two things by having a DNA profile.

I imagine if they do find a suspect they will first interview them and then ask them if they would be willing to give their DNA to eliminate themselves or of course they can do like we have seen other LE do and wait and watch the suspect and retrieve something that the suspect has touched such as a soda can, etc.

IMO

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can tell a number of things from DNA besides the person. I think you can tell race, age, gender, and I don't know what else. At least this can tell them what kind of person they are looking for. jmo

You are correct. (to my understanding)

Im not sure about age, but yes, gender and race can be determined.

That sure would be great though if they could narrow down the age.

This will help LE to be able to rule a lot of people out.

IMO

Hello! This is my first post, so excuse me if I do something wrong x.x

I have been reading through the posts and just wanted to put my input in on the purse/phone topic. Firstly, I feel as though a couple of different scenarios are possible. On one hand, Sierra could have known the person in the car, or at least got in willingly, and was told to leave her belongings. Kind of like a 'you won't need those' sort of thing. So she stashed her belongings and got in the car, presumably with her phone in hand. Maybe the perp got angry at that point because she didn't leave everything and threw the phone out of the car window. The throw could have been in another joking manner, or aggressive to the point that Sierra realized something was wrong, but the perp drove off without giving her the opportunity to get out.

The other theory I have is that she took everything with her and the perp returned at a later time to get rid of it. Maybe he/she thought that if they left Sierra's belongings at her house that it would throw them off the trail somehow. Then again, I see flaw in this unless the perp returned shortly after, while it was dark and minimal chance of getting caught. At the same time, another flaw appears because why would the perp risk the chance of getting caught at all.

Last thing I want to note is that IMO, there was more than one perp or Sierra went willingly. The perps could have caught her off guard enough to kidnap her. Maybe they drove a truck? One perp could have hidden in the back, and while the driver distracted Sierra by asking simple questions, the other perp attakced her and got her in the car.

Again, I might have missed over some information that would contrast with my theories, but this is all in my own opinion how things may or may not have happened.

It's a safe bet that DNA was found on the used condoms. Also possible that Sierra's DNA was found on them too. MOO Does not matter if the DNA is not on record.... MOO

So has anyone rung Florence gear, see if it's open for business? Bit long distance from where I am.

I would think LE would have taken the dogs out to where he purse and clothes were found. If the dogs had her scent there then we can safely assume she placed those things there. Has anyone read anywhere that the dogs detected her scent there.

Expanding on my previous post with this idea of her changing clothes and cutting school. I think if she were planning to do this, she would have had a friend call the school pretending to be her mom so she wasn't marked absent for the day.

Possibly whoever picked her up was supposed to do that, but things went a different direction.

If this were the case, I hope LE looked into all of her absenses in her current and previous school to confirm that it was one of her parents that actually called in for her each time she was out. If it wasn't, that would be my POI right there.

Unless they do things opposite in CA, you're still marked absent if you're not there... even if Mom calls them and tells them. Absent = not there. The only thing accomplished by a parent calling is they're marked with an excused absence versus an unexcused.

Hello! This is my first post, so excuse me if I do something wrong x.x

I have been reading through the posts and just wanted to put my input in on the purse/phone topic. Firstly, I feel as though a couple of different scenarios are possible. On one hand, Sierra could have known the person in the car, or at least got in willingly, and was told to leave her belongings. Kind of like a 'you won't need those' sort of thing. So she stashed her belongings and got in the car, presumably with her phone in hand. Maybe the perp got angry at that point because she didn't leave everything and threw the phone out of the car window. The throw could have been in another joking manner, or aggressive to the point that Sierra realized something was wrong, but the perp drove off without giving her the opportunity to get out.

The other theory I have is that she took everything with her and the perp returned at a later time to get rid of it. Maybe he/she thought that if they left Sierra's belongings at her house that it would throw them off the trail somehow. Then again, I see flaw in this unless the perp returned shortly after, while it was dark and minimal chance of getting caught. At the same time, another flaw appears because why would the perp risk the chance of getting caught at all.

Last thing I want to note is that IMO, there was more than one perp or Sierra went willingly. The perps could have caught her off guard enough to kidnap her. Maybe they drove a truck? One perp could have hidden in the back, and while the driver distracted Sierra by asking simple questions, the other perp attakced her and got her in the car.

Again, I might have missed over some information that would contrast with my theories, but this is all in my own opinion how things may or may not have happened.

Didn't LE say yesterday or Monday that the evidence they found was on either her cell or her clothing? I swear I saw that...

-----------
That's what I was saying in my post #520 on this thread, about how applying advances in DNA technology resulted after years and years, (and the wrong man in prison for some of the crimes), in ID'ing, arresting and prosecuting Altemio Sanchez, the Bike Path Rapist/Murderer.

I was on a crime forum and we were studying the case as it unfolded. Amazing. I did find a very interesting forensic science article about how they were able to break down the components of the DNA, (light spectrums?) and show the ethnicities; for example, they can identify Sub-Saharan, Hispanic, Caucasian, etc.

If, I find that article again, I'll post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties