Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think occult stuff should be in a category similar to psychics (no offense to psychics) as far as we're concerned.

Where is the psychic forum about SL? A couple people in the group I searched with told me they were following a psychic's blog and seemed to be focused on some kind of checklist.

It bothered me because I thought they were looking for things on purpose, as opposed to looking for things... period. I have no opinion on psychics, one way or another, but yesterday I felt like we (as a "team") should have had our eyes completely wide open regardless.

Where is the psychic forum about SL? A couple people in the group I searched with told me they were following a psychic's blog and seemed to be focused on some kind of checklist.

It bothered me because I thought they were looking for things on purpose, as opposed to looking for things... period. I have no opinion on psychics, one way or another, but yesterday I felt like we (as a "team") should have had our eyes completely wide open regardless.

Reading Sierra's tweets, a case could be made that she was a bit of an intuitive herself.

Good call. Everyone is gathered together to find a girl LE is leading the search and investigations. We should just follow their lead. Not have ulterior motives or a personal agenda.

Reading Sierra's tweets, a case could be made that she was a bit of an intuitive herself.

I understand. However, as a search team that wasn't really the point... we were given an specific area to search.

Do you mean the cabin tweet? It wasn't a RT. It was an original tweet she posted to her Twitter page @ 5:35 p.m. March 2.

The step-dad tweet she posted @ 12:01 a.m. March 3 was a RT.

Personally, I don't care if the step-dad tweet was a re-tweet or not, for that matter. If she didn't share the sentiment, I don't think she would have re-tweeted it, IMO.

Oh thanks for that Sorrell

IMO Its seem that there is a high possibility that she might have in fact ran away despite what her mom has been saying. I still the don't understand the reservoir searches what are they expecting to find?

No matter how one interprets Sierra's social media, the fact is that she has no history of running away.

It's very rare for a kid to start out by staying away for 6 weeks. Typically, kids start out by staying away for a short period of time before coming back (voluntarily or involuntarily). As they get more practice in how to survive and how to evade detection, they stay away for longer periods of time.

Next, no matter what her relationship with her mother may have been like, it sounds like her relationship with her father and sister was very close, very tight. If Sierra had run away, I would expect her father or her sister's places to be her top two destinations.

Third, she had no car and no access to one. If she was a farm kid who had experience driving farm machinery, then I'd say there was a chance she stole a car. But that wasn't Sierra; she's a rather sheltered, naive girl who doesn't know how to drive in my opinion.

If she ran away, she'd either hitchhike or she would have been seen at a bus depot (video surveillance) or train station (video surveillance). In this day and age, hitchhikers are unusual; no one has reported seeing her hitching.

I think LE gives lip service to the possibility that Sierra ran away because it is within the realm of possibility. It's also within the realm of possibility that California will be destroyed by an asteroid hit tomorrow but I don't see anyone including that possibility in their plans for tomorrow.

It's clear what LE is looking for in the reservoir searches: Sierra's body. No one expects to pull a live victim from the water under those circumstances.

Someone please tell me what "hella" is supposed or mean?? I sure hope these kids do not speak like this in real life...

Add "cious" to the end of the word.

I doubt they talk that way in real life; that's why it's such a big thrill to do it semi-anonymously online.

You are completely correct.

Add that to the list of the damage that psychics can do to investigations. Psychics are often perceived as a harmless activity (in the "can't hurt, may help" sense) but the reality is that they are far from harmless.

Smooth, I agree with you. I don't think mother and daughter had a great relationship. I think Marlene tells the press what she has heard (ex, about the essay from the dad), what she has been told, (about the bag) and what she wishes things were really like (hugging and wishing her daugher a beautiful day every morning and vice-versa)

I don't blame marlene for doing this either. It is a way of coping.

When my daughter was Sierra's age she and I had a very strained relationship. I think she hated me, to be honest. But, she was up most mornings before I left for work and on those mornings that she was up and about, I hugged her and wished her a good day before I left. She resisted, but I did it anyway. Things were not good with us, and may not have been good with Marlene and Sierra, but that does not mean that Marlene never tried to reach out in hope of easing any tension that might exist between her and her daughter. I did it, so it is easy for me to assume she might have.

Good grief, why WOULD she want to be trapped in a small cabin with her Mom and her
bf?
There is such a thing as TOO close quarters.
Sierra doesn't look like the outdoorsy type to me anyways.

"Family" outing?

I believe it s Tahoe. The trail of tweets indicted so, from what I read.

I am kind of baffled by this, I realize her mother doesn't know - but aren't there clothes missing? Was she abducted out of the shower? :waitasec:

I am blessed to have a friend who is a shopaholic. She buys so many clothes for her daughter, she literally can't wear them all. The little girl is also growing taller (and bigger) than my little girls. Guess who gets all the "hand me downs" (some of which have tags still attached)

I have tubs and tubs of clothes in the basement (for summer) and closets and dressers full of winter and spring clothes upstairs, almost all from her. Unless it was a very special and used a lot outfit, I would not be able to tell what is missing from my girls' very full wardrobes. I just wouldn't.

Add "cious" to the end of the word.

I doubt they talk that way in real life; that's why it's such a big thrill to do it semi-anonymously online.

I have never heard that word used in real life. I have only read it online or on FB. I do hear "helluva" but never shortened to hella.
It's like when the word "whatever" caught on and then some shortened it to "whatev." Impossible to keep up with the youngsters' expressions these days.

I have never heard that word used in real life. I have only read it online or on FB. I do hear "helluva" but never shortened to hella.
It's like when the word "whatever" caught on and then some shortened it to "whatev." Impossible to keep up with the youngsters' expressions these days.

As a former gamer (don't have time for it anymore), I know that it's commonly used (verbally & digitally) in the gaming community. Has been since the mid to late nineties. Like many other catchy phrases & pseudo-words, it probably spread to the general youth population from there via some flash in the pan video or whatever that went viral and then disappeared. I find that a lot with stuff that I always associated with my fellow dorks.

(snip)
3. we know jersey is what she was wearing. It was described and is on flyer

(snip)

Who folded the clothes neatly and placed them in the bag. Did Sierra do it by removing neatly folded clothes from a dresser drawer? (snip) it appears the perp was furious and threw her phone out the window. OTOH, he is lovingly folding her clothes. This is a conflict. I would have expected the clothes and books to be strewn also.

(snip)

Re: "3." above, It was listed on Namus a few days/a week ago, but now the only item of clothing identified is grey shoes. Any other information about what she had on has been removed.

I think it is likely that Sierra would have put clothes that were already folded into her bag in that condition, would not have unfolded them to cram them in willy nilly. The reason I think this occurred is the last part of what I quoted.

That's kind of my point.

To me, driving 30 miles would still seem local to me.

In some other areas, driving 30 miles would be a long distance haul.

If I killed someone right here, I know where I would go to dump the body so it wouldn't be found soon (about 70 miles away, perfect spot). I always have blankets in my vehicle, so I wouldn't worry about anyone seeing the body from outside. I'd just drive the speed limit and play music but not so loudly as to attract attention from other drivers (so I could tap the steering wheel and pretend everything was cool) ....snip...

Note to self: Do NOT anger GrainneDhu.

"Hella" gets extra odd points, too, because when it's used properly (and I use the word "properly" very loosely here!), you can't really substitute "hell of a" or "helluva", because it seems to have evolved into an adverb.

I guess it's synonymous with "extremely": "Dude, that movie is hella lame".

Respectfully disagreeing with you that LE has stated this. From the article you quoted:

"Despite the discovery, the sheriff's office says it still isn't sure whether Sierra ran away on her own or was abducted. "There is no evidence of foul play," Sheriff's spokesman Jose Cardoza said.

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse."

The only thing in this snippet that is a QUOTE FROM LE is the portion I bolded, which appears in quotation marks. It continues to say that "Cardoza said..." (info about bra and panties) but the comment attributed to him IS NOT A QUOTE and does not appear in quotation marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob