Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #2 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
California real estate, especially close to the coast, is off-the-hook expensive even still in this economy.

Translation to prices across the country is needed, to put it all into perspective.

~jmo~
Exactly! I also live in the Bay Area, and since we bought my house, it has tripled, and at one point even quadrupled in worth in the area since we bought it! That has been 16 years. And yet, the amount we have fixed up this foreclosure is not worth 3-4x as much! We still have alot of work to do on it and not the money to do it.

California real estate, especially close to the coast, is off-the-hook expensive even still in this economy.

Translation to prices across the country is needed, to put it all into perspective.

~jmo~

I agree. It's not meant to be elitist at all, it's all about perspective.

oh my gosh why am I still awake? Lots of sheds and stuff around there are old and not in use. I am sure some are but I think now that FBI is here they would be checked. My personal thoughts are it's clear that whatever happened ended in a getaway down Santa Teresa then who knows where.

I realize I am not a veteran sleuther, but I am the sister of a person who was missing and want to do anything I can to help Sierra and her family. I don't think talking to her family directly would be a good idea since my missing person experience did not end with a positive outcome. I will go back through there tomorrow, so if there are any photos or more info you guys want, let me know.

I did feel weird driving around her neighborhood today, but tried to remind myself that I wasn't trying to be a gawker, just trying to figure it out.

Ok, can't see straight, off to bed. Hope the searches tomorrow find something.

oh my gosh why am I still awake? Lots of sheds and stuff around there are old and not in use. I am sure some are but I think now that FBI is here they would be checked. My personal thoughts are it's clear that whatever happened ended in a getaway down Santa Teresa then who knows where.

I realize I am not a veteran sleuther, but I am the sister of a person who was missing and want to do anything I can to help Sierra and her family. I don't think talking to her family directly would be a good idea since my missing person experience did not end with a positive outcome. I will go back through there tomorrow, so if there are any photos or more info you guys want, let me know.

I did feel weird driving around her neighborhood today, but tried to remind myself that I wasn't trying to be a gawker, just trying to figure it out.

You can look at this from a perspective most of us haven't experienced. Thank you for you input and so sorry you had to through that.

--video @ link of vigil friday night at fremont high school

--stranger hands over a $25,000.00 chq. to the family to help w/ the investigation

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17243826/sierra-lamars-classmates-start-fund-sell-t-shirts

Sierra Lamar's Classmates Start Fund, Sell T-Shirts

Not only do the students not want attention to fade as the days pass, they also want to get a reward together for any information that would bring Lamar back home.

Whether that type of motivation is needed in this situation or not, it is obvious that doing something helps these students cope right now.

"Doing this makes me feel better because I'm doing something for her and let her know I care about her," Washington said, choking back tears.

The Santa Clara County's Search and Rescue crews will continue searching for Lamar on Saturday.

This time, they're searching a 12-mile radius of her home.

Where exactly was the purse found in relation to the cellphone? Can someone add it to the map?

I've read as much as a mile from sources upthread...fwiw.

I just found one article that said Laguna Ave. and Santa Teresa which I think would be north of where the phone was found but not sure how far.

I feel there's something really 'off' about this case, but I can't put my finger on it.
Does anyone know the last time anyone outside of her family saw her?

I find it odd that the cell and purse were tossed. Why not the books?

If the dogs are correct and the scent stops at the end of the driveway, then i think whatever happened, happened here.

So that means 2 things. Either she got a lift in a car from someone she knows, or she was abducted by someone with a car or got in a cab.

If she was picked up by someone she knows, I would imagine that the police would already know who this is. She would have had to arrange this by text or email or phone call, so there should be evidence of that on her computer or phone. Which makes me think that this isn't the case. You wouldn't be stupid enough to arrange to meet someone to abduct them and leave any evidence of that. (of course I could be wrong). Which makes me think that this scenario is highly unlikely.

Scenario 2, someone abducted her, very close to home. Very risky but we have heard so many cases where people are abducted in broad daylight. She was in a routine everyday. She left for the bus same time, following the same route. If her mother was in a similar routine then it would be easy for someone to find this out. It was early in the morning, not sure if it was dark, maybe not a lot of activity happening in the street she lived at that time. People still in bed, or getting on with morning tasks - curtains closed. Again easy for someone to find out. Then the mobile phone was found near to her home, which suggests that someone dumped this very soon after she went missing. Which makes sense if your abducting someone to get rid of the one thing that could track them.

Then the bag was found, no teenager running away would ditch their phone or their bag and run off with no money no clothes. did she have any reason to? appears not. Are the clothes relevant? maybe - maybe not. May have just been a change depending what classes she had that day. Was maybe going somewhere after school? Again if she had packed some clothes to sneak off to meet someone - there would be a record of this somewhere on the laptop or phone.

She didn't walk into the field and put it there as the dogs found no scent around the phone (or the bag). So either someone put it there or she or someone threw it into the field. I think this was thrown in the field by someone to get rid of evidence.

Anyway, just thinking out loud :)

I hate to agree with NG (I really do) but to a large part of the country, that is an upscale neighborhood. The houses in my area top out at about $150K.

ETA: not that I really think it has anything to do with anything ;)

I can't understand why she had a change of clothing with her, unless she had something planned for the day, or evening. But then I would think she would not have forgotten to pack her makeup. I wonder if she usually brought the necessities, like liner and lip gloss with her to school. It hasn't been stated if all her everyday makeup was left at home. Also, there is no report on where her school ID and house key are, along with some petty cash she probably carried for impulse buying at school. She might have had a small clutch inside her Juicy bag. If an older abductor, especially if male, was going to get rid of evidence I don't think the Juicy bag would have seemed to be of value. Sierra's personal ID stuff might have been more carefully disposed of (trying to think like a criminal here) maybe in a trash bin, but not out in the open. I still wonder how only one individual could have restrained her. If she had been into cheerleading and dance she was most likely athletic and might have gotten away before she was put in a car. How would one person be able to drive, grab things from her and toss them out of the car window, while Sierra sat there like a puppet. With two people, it is completely feasible, but it's hard to imagine one person grabbing her from the front of her house.
IMO

I keep thinking there must have been a second bag. Something more like a gym bag or cosmetic case. To have a bag 'thrown' out that only had clothes, but no wallet, brush, makeup, etc., is one thing. Where did the normal purse contents go? But, the missing books and paper, pens, and whatever notebooks she would have had all the more strange for their not being found, yet, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee