Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #4 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning toward the hypothesis that the handbag containing the "neatly folded" clothing items as being staged, as well as the phone.

Sierra has asthma - correct? Was her asthma severe enough that she took her inhaler with her everywhere? It's been reported that her inhaler was found at home.

If she had run away, I think she would have taken her asthma inhaler. Everyone I know who has asthma takes their inhalers with them everywhere they go.

Everyone I know has inhalers all over their homes... kitchen, bath, den, bedroom, car... clinic, classroom, gym (unless school allows students to carry their own) purse, dads
house...would mom REALLY? HONESTLY? have had just one?
IMO I seriously doubt that.
moo
Maybe Sierra did have one she took?

I wonder if any other drivers on the road at that time noticed objects being tossed out of the car. Even if they didn't pay attention to the driver or the make and model of the car, just being able to confirm direction of travel and approximate time of day would be so helpful.

After driving the area today, I really don't think it was staged. I think they were tossed from the get go. JMO though.

OK not staged. Thrown from car.
What's your take ?
Still abduction? or someone she trusted mistakenly?

Everyone I know has inhalers all over their homes... kitchen, bath, den, bedroom, car... clinic, classroom, gym (unless school allows students to carry their own) purse, dads
moo

Has it been reported that an inhaler was found in the handbag? If an inhaler wasn't found in the handbag, then I wonder why, that's all. And if an inhaler wasn't found in the handbag - then why not?

Sierra has asthma - correct? Was her asthma severe enough that she took her inhaler with her everywhere? It's been reported that her inhaler was found at home.

If she had run away, I think she would have taken her asthma inhaler. Everyone I know who has asthma takes their inhalers with them everywhere they go.

(quote snipped for focus)

Yes, I would think she would have taken her inhaler had she had planned a run. As well, I'd expect it to be in her (whatever) 'purse' along with her make-up, hairbrush, etc, assuming her condition was serious enough or she had concerns about it; i.e., the 'purse' she took with her daily to school.

I wish we knew what 'bags' she typically carried to school. My understanding is that she took her Juicy with stuff in it, carried her books separately, but in what 'bag' did she keep the typical things that most of us would carry in a 'purse'?

(btw, noting regional diffs: NG asked Sierra's Mom about a pocketbook. Out here, we call that a purse or a handbag.)

Has it been reported that an inhaler was found in the handbag? If an inhaler wasn't found in the handbag, then I wonder why, that's all.

I know right? Also no make-up/lipgloss, hair brush, wallet, ID, keys or anything else.:banghead:

Thank you for your insight, sarx. I value your opinion, since you have so much experience in search and rescue.

Can you elaborate on why you don't believe the items were staged?

It is hard to explain, but the area doesn't lend itself to "staging", that would be really brazen (though I suppose anything is possible). I can very easily see someone tossing something out if the timing was right and there was a break in the traffic where nobody would notice. I've been on searches where things were placed to confuse us, this just doesn't have that feel. Alas, I could always be wrong though.

I know right? Also no make-up/lipgloss, hair brush, wallet, ID, keys or anything else.:banghead:
I'm not convinced that we heard about ALL of the contents of the bag.... In fact I'd bet money that we didn't.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...g-teen-sierra-lamar-intensifies-in-california

Inside the purse was a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear. The clothing was neatly folded inside the purse.

AND

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Clue-Found-in-Sierra-Lamar-Disappearance-143815416.html

Cardoza said a pair of pants, a shirt, a bra and a pair of underwear were neatly folded inside a Juicy brand purse.

Would that be unusual for a girl? Could she have perhaps been getting ready for a gym class or something?

moo

And if she did only had one maybe her asthma wasn't active.

I have asthma and I've only used my inhaler once this year and that was when I was working out AND there was pollen outside and I still didn't *need* it as in an emergency.

My brother has asthma as well, his is worse than mine, I remember him having some scary attacks when I was younger, but I bet he doesn't carry his around. He's an athlete and would often try to "walk it off" if he started wheezing at practice (and got yelled at by my mom).

My 16-year-old cousin on the other hand isn't very active and has attacks frequently; she wouldn't ever be caught without her inhaler and has multiples.

If Sierra was an athlete she probably had her asthma under control to a point that she didnt need her inhaler often. Or she had more than one.

JMO

I'll also add that the grass is quite tall right now, a few feet off the road and a bag could easily be in it and wouldn't be seen until searchers/LE were combing it. It's deceptive til you step out into it.

The phone I'm gonna bet they used signal to hone in and then it didn't take too long, there are a fair amount of towers out there, so the radius would have been pretty small.

I'm not convinced that we heard about ALL of the contents of the bag.... In fact I'd bet money that we didn't.

I agree that the public hasn't been informed of the entire contents of the handbag.

Which brings me back to a nagging question I've had & have recently commented on: LE released info regarding "neatly folded" clothing found inside the handbag.

"Neatly folded" clothing.

Why would LE release that info, and not release info regarding any other contents of the bag (i.e. asthma inhaler)?

I asked this question before, but I'll ask it again:

Whose cage is LE trying to rattle with the release of this info about the "neatly folded" clothing? This is more or less a rhetorical question, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

(quote snipped for focus)

Yes, I would think she would have taken her inhaler had she had planned a run. As well, I'd expect it to be in her (whatever) 'purse' along with her make-up, hairbrush, etc, assuming her condition was serious enough or she had concerns about it.

I wish we knew what 'bags' she typically carried to school. My understanding is that she took her Juicy with stuff in it, carried her books separately, but in what 'bag' did she keep the typical things that most of us would carry in a 'purse'?

(btw, noting regional diffs: NG asked Sierra's Mom about a pocketbook. Out here, we call that a purse or a handbag.)
She was seen in pictures with a strap across her
body like this.
Capture.JPG

I have a sneaking suspicion she carried her "purse" this way with her make-up. cell, wallet and keys. The "juicy" bag was more of a book/lunch/pencils, pens catch all bag she might toss in a locker once at school. The "books" she carried in her arms.

I just base that on spending the last 6 years standing in line to pick up my kids from high school.
moo

I agree. I just can't see her draggin that bag to classes all day. moo

I'll also add that the grass is quite tall right now, a few feet off the road and a bag could easily be in it and wouldn't be seen until searchers/LE were combing it. It's deceptive til you step out into it.

The phone I'm gonna bet they used signal to hone in and then it didn't take too long, there are a fair amount of towers out there, so the radius would have been pretty small.

You're right.

The family's confusion and worry intensified Sunday with the discovery of Lamar's cell phone, tracked by its electronic ping. The girl's phone was found in a field a few miles from her home alongside a road.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/investigators-find-cell-phone-missing-morgan-hill-/nLXFk/

Bag found Sunday
Police found the bag on Sunday but didn’t release that information until Thursday, because they had to confirm it belonged to Sierra, Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Cardoza said. They made the find near an intersection two miles from her home.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...d-missing-california-teens-bag-with-clothing/

This says phone found on Sat.
A search and rescue team found the 15-year-old teen’s girl’s phone Saturday night alongside the roadway, about a mile away from her home in Morgan Hills, in the opposite direction of her bus stop, said Sgt. Jose Cordoza, sheriff’s office public information officer, told ABC News.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...sing-calif-teen-sierra-lamar-yields-no-leads/

And if she did only had one maybe her asthma wasn't active.

I have asthma and I've only used my inhaler once this year and that was when I was working out AND there was pollen outside and I still didn't *need* it as in an emergency.

My brother has asthma as well, his is worse than mine, I remember him having some scary attacks when I was younger, but I bet he doesn't carry his around. He's an athlete and would often try to "walk it off" if he started wheezing at practice (and got yelled at by my mom).

My 16-year-old cousin on the other hand isn't very active and has attacks frequently; she wouldn't ever be caught without her inhaler and has multiples.

If Sierra was an athlete she probably had her asthma under control to a point that she didnt need her inhaler often. Or she had more than one.

JMO
I dunno. There are several tweets where gets to laughing and says she "can't breathe". She also tweets about people commenting on a "noise" she makes when she laughs. IMO she had full blown asthma, BUT I really do not know.
moo

I'm still catching up with the details of this case, so please forgive me if this info is already common knowledge.

Was the handbag found in tall grass? How far from the roadway was the handbag found?

(snipped for focus)

Yes, I noticed in the online videos for Saturday's search the beautiful green meadows with deep green grass and yellow flowers popping-up everywhere. Perfect setting for planting a phone, bag, whatever. Poignant in a way, sad.

Kinda OT but needs to be said: sarx, thank you so much for ALL of the informative posts you send to the forums!

I agree that the public hasn't been informed of the entire contents of the handbag.

Which brings me back to a nagging question I've had & have recently commented on: LE released info regarding "neatly folded" clothing found inside the handbag.

"Neatly folded" clothing.

Why would LE release that info, and not release info regarding any other contents of the bag (i.e. asthma inhaler)?

I asked this question before, but I'll ask it again:

Whose cage is LE trying to rattle with the release of this info about the "neatly folded" clothing? This is more or less a rhetorical question, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

I am just throwing out a thought...but ...
If there were fingerprints (other than Sierra's) that were clear enough for LE to put through a data base, and if they found a match with a known criminal, maybe the perp has a profile of eccentricities, like neatly folding clothes of victims.
Maybe this is a message from LE to the perp telling him/them that LE is aware of the ID of the perp and is trying to rattle his/their cage(es). :waitasec:
JMO and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member