Cadaver Dogs Hits and Info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the car was like 2 nights ago and it was already out?

SM will be here any minute to tell me I am wrong. But, I think it was more than two days ago when media reported BH dogs hit decomp in discussed location -and a smoldering car... like you mentioned. so, I wonder if this will all actually be on the news tonight. NG has not brought it up yet. hmmm... It is almost as if this is being rehashed for BH's benefit? no offence to anyone.

I think it is awesome LE has came forward with the plea to TES to stay and the 5k. I hope they can give more than 5k, if needed. The money came from conviscated drug money. we know there is plenty more of where that came from!

"HONKING LIES" -NG
heh.

I imagine it may well be the wee hours of the morning before the scene is fully worked. You guys sound like this is csi and and a hour long program, I don't understand it.

Yeah Tessie, you're right. A lot of us suffer from that CSI mentality. It's not so much that we really BELIEVE it takes only an hour to solve a crime....but we really

really

really

want answers

We just want Caylee back

I imagine it may well be the wee hours of the morning before the scene is fully worked. You guys sound like this is csi and and a hour long program, I don't understand it.

I'm sure it takes time for a scene to be 'fully worked' but MAYBE wouldn't take til the wee hours to say yes there is a body, or no there is not.

Yeah Tessie, you're right. A lot of us suffer from that CSI mentality. It's not so much that we really BELIEVE it takes only an hour to solve a crime....but we really

really

really

want answers

We just want Caylee back

I have prayed every day that this would be the day that Caylee comes home. I am right there with you.

Just got a "sort of" update from a source in the area. The cops took over from the Body Hunters. The Body Hunters apparently don't know what the dogs alerted to. Apparently. a cop came by to see if they were OK (because it's hot and buggy), just as they were about to call. Sometimes you can find a cop when you need one! :)

GO LE!!!!

Sorry, just had to say that. It's Brini's fault. Her post just made me feel really thankful for LE.

GO LE!!!!

(shut up Shutterfly....dayummmmm)

I'm sure it takes time for a scene to be 'fully worked' but MAYBE wouldn't take til the wee hours to say yes there is a body, or no there is not.

and I believe if there is a body recovered they may say whether adult or child or man or woman or boy or girl...but a definitive answer? unless there is clothing that Caylee might have been wearing it may take a dna test.

Prayers to the universe.

I drove by the area at about 7:50 and the only thing I saw were news vans and they were packing up. The police tape was still up but I did not see any police around. They could have been further back in the woods and we just could not see them.

True but you have to go through SAR training to be a good handler and to have any creditiblity with search and rescue and law enforcement. It takes alot of personal time and your money to be a good canine handler:) Its not for everyone:) I personally train my own dogs rather then buy them:)

Cuppy is dead on right here!

It takes hours and hours of training. Well trained dogs from good bloodlines are not cheap, even to buy as puppies. Then the proper training begins, and it requires people who know how to properly train these puppies from the get go.

Then, training them to be excellent and reliable dogs, no matter whether they are being trained for search and rescue, tracking, or cadaver dogs, takes months and more months of training, then the testing and the trials. These dogs, properly trained and proved by testing, are worth thousands of dollars.

And, there is no profit to be made, just in case you are thinking this is a "get-rich-quick" notion. You would be better off buying lottery tickets.

The people who do this well love dogs, love training, and love to see them work. They do it for love, not money.

Listen to Cuppy, for you will find truth in what he/she says. I love and adore my Belgian Malinois, and know what they are capable of doing.

I sometimes feel guilty that I haven't trained them for LE work, for they are so talented that we have to spell certain words around them. But, they are our guardians, as we are elderly, and live in a rural area.

This might make no sense to some of you, but they are our first line of defense. We can count on them to keep the bad guys at bay until we load the rifle, if you get my drift.

Cuppy will understand.

As I've already mentioned, these dogs belong to a private individual, not to LE. We don't know who trained them or how well trained they are.

That is very true (a lot depends on the trainer/handler)...but it seems many immediately distrust civilian owners/trainers/handlers. That is a shame, because that's where the majority come from (not LE) and these people put in just as much time and effort. In fact, they typically have to work even harder...they don't get the automatic credibilty that comes with a uniform. That said, I'm sure there are cases of poorly trained and handled dogs...but that isn't the norm.

Anyhow, I want Caylee to be found alive and well, but I know that's not going to happen. So...if she can be found, I hope this is it and she can have a proper burial.

I am thrilled with any and everyone who is out there searching:clap: I don't understand how this team of searchers is not appreciated by some people. It also strikes me as odd that some of those discounting the BH search team were applauding the efforts made by a group of random searchers who got together on-line:confused: I also don't get how it is assumed that the BH are out there to draw media attention to their show. Uhm, they aren't even appearing on tv anymore:confused: Well IMO kudos to everyone out there battling those conditions to bring closure to this case:blowkiss:

That's my point too. I'm just saying too much time as gone by with no news about it. So there must not be any news. If CSI were out there workinging the scene, I'd think they would be reporting that. So guess that means nothing is happening.

I'll be waiting here with all of you! Here's to hoping!
This case is so high profile as it is. Police have to take every precaution as they are being scrutinized for every move they make. The Anthonys are sending accusations about everything they've done. So they're going to do this the right way. The careful way. And although our hearts are all hanging in wait...they'll make sure they are thorough and meticulous. Everyone is watching and waiting. They've been very careful about what they've officially disclosed. I'm sure it will leak just like so many other things have been coming out the last week or so. It's how they need it to be.
If it's Caylee, we all get closure (to a certain extent). If it's not...it's one more area ruled out.
No matter what...it's progress.

I don't think anyone here cares who is doing the searching. I think we are all super appreciative of whoever takes the time to do this. I think the real debate is whether this is an actual, valid lead or not and the problem is that some of these groups seem to be more interested in their own publicity then resolving the case. I could be wrong, but I, and I think others on here, are simply trying not to get to up in arms over a possible hit when the people reporting the "hit" may not be completely credible. And hey, I'm not sure how I feel about psychics but I don't want to get led in the wrong direction, thinking there has been a find, when there has not. I think it is not a matter of whether a particular searcher is valuable or not, but whether a tip is credible or not and whether we should respond to it with intense emotion or whether we should remain sceptical until we hear something definitive from LE. We are all on pins and needles here and we all want the same thing: Peace for this child. I think we are so wrapped up in this case and have been following it for so long that feelings tend to get very strong. But, we really are all on the same team. Sometimes that's easy to forget!!

Yeah, we ARE all pretty strung out, from all the ongoing tension.

But, it looks, to me, like there are a few teams out there. The only one who has got ANY publicity is Equusearch, and they were invited, and came all the way from TX. No team is compensated. The cops gave Equusearch $5,000, but Tim said that the search has cost them $28K, so far. All these people seem to be coming from the right place, because so far, no one has gained anything--either money or glory. Some teams have been searching since day one.

It sounds like the teams know to touch nothing and call the cops when they find something, and let the cops take over from there.

If anyone is wasting LE resources, it might be the 3,000 people who have called in with "sightings." And, I'm pretty sure most of them are coming from good intentions, too.

I just think it may be a tad misguided to make any assumptions, at all, about the motivations of anyone who is willing to slog through the central FL wetlands in high summer for days on end.

The ONLY ones who will get "publicity," if that's what they want, will be the actual finders. Everybody else will and should get our profoundest gratitude.

That's my point too. I'm just saying too much time as gone by with no news about it. So there must not be any news. If CSI were out there workinging the scene, I'd think they would be reporting that. So guess that means nothing is happening.

I guess we'll find out. This is such a WEIRD case, I'm not sure whether they would announce a body, right away, or wait for an ID.

I know that a team's cadaver dogs hit on something, one other time, and the media didn't even announce. It may have been nothing, or it may have been evidence in some other crime.

We'll see what we'll see.

i hate to say it but in fl theres a good chance of finding a body anytime u "go back in the woods". there is liable to be several bodies found if theres an all out search for caylee.
i hope she will be found and given a proper burial but any body found will be a family that gets their lost one back.
my hats off to anyone that can and does search for caylee. its a special person that will give of them selves like that.

Sorry if this was already posted from the Body Hunter site:

Did Gale's team really find something?

Sources close to the investigation confirmed to Eyewitness News late Wednesday afternoon that preliminary tests show chloroform inside the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. That is the same place investigators found a hair and a stain they believe belonged to Caylee Anthony and that showed she was dead.

Also late Wednesday afternoon, a cadaver dog alerted on an area in the search for Caylee Anthony just south of the Orlando International Airport. It's near the same place where search teams have been scouring the woods trying to find Caylee's body.

Orange County investigators were at the scene Wednesday evening to investigate the discovery made by the Body Hunters, an organization out of Ohio. That group said their own cadaver dogs hit on something, but it was unclear what that discovery may be or if it was connected to the Anthony case.

Hi, not sure, just talked with Gale and she's with the police right now...I just got back from my sons school, so I'm getting updated on what happened right now...and I will post what I can soon.

Brian

I drove by the area at about 7:50 and the only thing I saw were news vans and they were packing up. The police tape was still up but I did not see any police around. They could have been further back in the woods and we just could not see them.

Well there ya go. Thanks for the update! Guess we can pretty much put this to rest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness