Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DG chewing his nails, maybe he can start on his fingers. Somehow I like to think that all the evidences is somewhat painful for him, he had it planned so well. Evil man .. not a shred of feeling left in him

Yea These monster killers like DG cannot feel empathy or remorse. They dont have it in them.

The only thing he is sorry about is getting caught.

We can take some comfort in the fact that the LIkness gallantly fought back and LE did such a fine job that it ruined any long term plans he may have had.

And child killers are not received well in prisons so if some prison guard "forgets" to lock a cell door or something then he needs to always be looking over his shoulder for rest of his life.

Does anyone know what number witness this is today? If I'm not mistaken the Crown is supposed to call 60 witnesses. How many more do we have and I wonder what other information they might have?

We need billandrew following this trial. :uthere:
He kept a detailed list of witnesses and information from the Tim Bosma trial. I think many of us referred to it over and over.

IMO, I don't even know why the defence even bothers with cross-examination. The evidence overwhelmingly points to DG. DG=Damn Guilty

:furious:

Thanks for asking for everyones thoughts. Because this is really turning out to be one of the most perplexing debates in this trial.

It is one piece of evidence that speaks to whether they survived the initial beatings or were they still alive when they got to the farm.

IMO I dont think it is conclusive one way or the other yet and I am hoping even more evidence will come in this trial to help us know one way or the other.

Here are some of my reasoning about it so far.

First from the evidence from yesterday I dont think the witnesses actually said diapers were on. They did say something about white covering that would be where underwear would be but it is not proven yet IMO they were even diapers they had on. I think they probably were diapers but they could have been white underwear too as that is common to have on underneath ones clothes. Wish the witness testimony would have cleared it up one way or the other. Maybe that will still come in the trial somehow.

Assuming they were diapers they had on then I am thinking he used them just to keep bodily fluids as he was trying to dispose of the bodies.

It may just be wishful thinking on my part as I really hope they did not survive past leaving their house because I do not want to think of what that monster could have done to them at the farm.

The other reasons I am leaning that way is because of this.

I suspect he wanted to make sure they were not screaming out or making noise during his initial beatings and I think he had to have hit everyone very hard so I think they may have not survived. I think he used a barbell even which is more powerful than the billy club type thing he brought. I am still thinking he beat everyone to death at that time. I think once he started beating everyone then the monster in him took over during the beatings.

This last thing I cannot find anymore but maybe someone who has read the books he downloaded may be able to confirm or not. I had thought I ran into a review comment on one of the book reviews that said the book itself contained a reference to using diapers to keep bodily fluids from creating more evidence. So if someone who had read the books saw that or not please let us know.

The thinking is that he was very close to burning the bodies at the time and so was thinking he wanted the evidence contained and not spread around as he had to have dragged the bodies around.

Anyway this particular topic is important for many reasons and we have had a respectable and good debate about it.

I hope some other evidence yet to come can help us know one way or the other whether they survived leaving the initial house.

All JMO

The barbell! If Kathryn woke up when he drilled the lock or entered through the side door, Garland may not have been ready to use the tools he brought with him. It seemed like there were barbells all over the house - so maybe he picked up the nearest barbell and used that on the first victim. Perhaps he then put it in the garage and used his own weapons afterwards.

I am still curious as to whose teeth were located at the Liknes home. They touched base about the earring found, but nothing about the teeth...unless I missed something.

I am still curious as to whose teeth were located at the Liknes home. They touched base about the earring found, but nothing about the teeth...unless I missed something.

Yes! Where is this info, why don't we have this? Was it not revealed or did it just not make it to Twitter?

Or Susan Clairmont. She was my favourite during the Bosma trial. Maybe this is new to these reporters. Live tweeting does seem like it would take some getting used to.

I have a tough enough time just trying to tweet - limited number of characters,dang auto correct, etc. Never mind trying to type and pay attention to court proceedings at the same time. Definitely an acquired skill. MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is coming up tomorrow? Do we have this information?

I think we are going to have to wait for "the book" to get all our questions answered.

I sense we are missing lots of information.

I want to know if anyone from DG's family is in the courtroom. Dellen Millard's family wasn't there but he did have a supporter. Learned that from tweets during the trial.

All the nuances are missing. The end of day articles are almost just bullet points.

I wonder if Christie Blatchford is in the running to write a book on this trial?

I know there's more info being detailed. I just know it.

MOO

Yes! Where is this info, why don't we have this? Was it not revealed or did it just not make it to Twitter?

Maybe not enough dna to test the teeth. I read the root of the tooth has the most dna so maybe not enough root? Or perhaps they had to choose between sending the teeth to be identified by a dentist OR dna testing and they felt identification was better. I'm just throwing ideas out here.

You know who would be great to cover this trial, Bob Remington and Sherri Zickefoose. They covered a triple homicide in Medicine Hat, and later wrote a book, Runaway Devil, about the case. Really good book if you're interested in knowing what happened in that case, where a daughter and her boyfriend plotted and killed mom, dad and little brother.
Anyway, BR was so fair in his journalistic coverage, IMO, and also was quite affected by the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

I have never had such horrid feelings towards another person. The graphic details of what he did to NO and his grandparents is beyond comprehension and the worst thing I've ever heard that wasn't from a book.

We were discussing the blood in the bedrooms earlier as it appears that KL had more of an open wound than AL based on the DNA findings of blood in the house. Here's a good pic of the master bedroom from today...

[video=twitter;829083321942495232]https://twitter.com/CTVInaSidhu/status/829083321942495232[/video]

ETA...This link has a small pic of the other side of the bed where the bloodletting was. Looks like he may have been out of bed and then knocked over the head and fell into the side table?

http://www.660news.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/sites/8/2017/01/18/liknesbedroom-300x177.png

The barbell! If Kathryn woke up when he drilled the lock or entered through the side door, Garland may not have been ready to use the tools he brought with him. It seemed like there were barbells all over the house - so maybe he picked up the nearest barbell and used that on the first victim. Perhaps he then put it in the garage and used his own weapons afterwards.
It is my belief he drilled the lock in advance. It's just a guess. I could be wrong. From the pictures it's not really all that noticeable and if it wasn't a main entrance, it could go unnoticed for weeks. I imagine drilling the lock is something that would take a bit of time.

I wish that could be proven. As if there wasn't enough evidence to prove premeditation...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I do wonder about the insulin and the dental anesthetic. I know it's difficult to tie it in but the fact of the matter is that he had it for a reason and quite a bit of it.

I'd like to know how he acquired it.

Im in Ontario....insulin can be purchased over the counter without a prescription here (I had a diabetic cat so would buy at Costco pharmacy)

Im in Ontario....insulin can be purchased over the counter without a prescription here (I had a diabetic cat so would buy at Costco pharmacy)

:welcome:

Agree. You jogged my memory. Bernardo received DO but former Col. Williams did not. I'll see if I can find the explanation. Yet I do agree this killer will never see the light of day.

Garland committed three murders at one time. I think dangerous offenders have to commit more than one murder at more than one time, so I don't think he's can be declared a dangerous offender. Russell Williams pled guilty, so his circumstances were different.

I don't think they will take very long at all.

I can't remember which trial it was but the Jury retired for deliberations and took a vote right out of the gate. All members of the Jury voted to convict immediately. It took them all of 10 minutes. They waited an hour to let the court know that they had a verdict because they were afraid that it might cause a mistrial if it looked like they didn't deliberate. LOL

I can see something similar happening here. If I were on the jury, I would have nothing to discuss. Guilty Guilty Guilty - all First Degree. Throw the key away.

anything more that one hour is not necessary. He will be found guilty for all 3. And first degree. Jmo

Same here in Alberta. I also had a diabetic cat.

First time poster. Can I just say that the "right foot" "left foot" stickers in Nathan's sneakers are simply gutting me right now? Ironically it's those small, everyday details that really magnify for me the utter senselessness of this tragedy.

Today's made me cry, as did yesterday's description of aerial photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya