Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know if you have a message on here? Does a number or anything show up where it says messages? Sorry off topic i know.

Just wondering if this POI has a significant other? Why is he living with his parents or was the truck just found there?
Does this POI travel the Highway of Tears?
That is a good thought. Re: Highway of Tears

Is JO the bio daughter of KL? And AL is her step father or vice versa, with AL being bio father?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reports he's being held on a new charge (still in possession of stolen ID) and will appear in court Monday.
http://m.calgarysun.com/2014/07/06/...has-family-connection-to-missing-calgary-trio
Why did he keep the ID? Planning to run again? Just in case? It would seem pretty dumb to reassume the ID that got you jail time.

It might have just been that the ID was in with a long forgotten box of his stuff. If LE want to bring the guy in, they might pick whatever charge is readily available.

How do you know if you have a message on here? Does a number or anything show up where it says messages? Sorry off topic i know.
Go to your settings and make sure you have the notify box checked for incoming messages. Then if someone sends you a message it will open a popup window that says you have a new message. :)
*settings link is at the very top of the website next to the log in/out.

Hi, new to posting and website, long-time armchair sleuth.

I live in Calgary and have been following since the story broke. Forgive me if I'm long winded!

Points that came out at the beginning of the story breaking have continued to interest me:

House next door was recently sold and was empty at the time of the disappearance. New owners were due to move in this weekend but one came over last weekend and spoke to AL.

Neighbour on street stated his son (or sil?) was at playground with his grandkids at the same time as NO. AL watched from the garage at back of house. (there is a significant distance here to playground that a man with a limp could not possibly cover quickly) Was NO targeted?

Conflicting stories of NO being at the sale, not being at the sale, JO being at the sale with another child as well and calling the 10 pm leaving of NO a drop off instead of "staying" over. IMHO this has never been made clear.

Apparent clean up of sidewalk. Forecast mentioned rain but it was only overcast that day, minor spitting of rain. Not enough to wash things away.
Vehicles all accounted for.

Missing Family not sited anywhere (at least in any released statements)

Things that make me go hmmm:

KL was a former realtor and the first thing that realtors do at the end of an open house is take down the signs. The sale was over so there was no need for that sign to stay on the door. Was there other signs up in the neighbourhood directing people to the sale? IMHO this points to the incident happening that night. Did someone arrive at the sale after hours directed by a sign?

No glowing accolades mentioned of the L's on media, nothing to form a feeling of the people they are. Very little information released about them. Everything I've learned about the couple is from google.

My first thought was why didn't they impound the vehicles? Could they not have been driven and come back? Are all family vehicles also shown on CCTV and accounted for? Some newer vehicles have the capability of recording last time they were driven.

Re: Parkhill search - Why search hiding spaces 5 days after the fact, especially with an empty house right next door. Was that house searched? A child who ran off and hid at time of disturbance would be hungry etc.

If sidewalk area had been cleaned, person must have been comfortable that they would not be seen. Was the person who cleaned the area a meticulous sort and took their time or was it done hastily?

Coincidences or ?

Burned out car in Barrie with 3 bodies. No other people mentioned missing as of yet. Autopsy on car victims initially to be done right away then delayed to later this week.

Chemical lab "home business" in Airdrie making pure mercury in general area of Airdrie search looking for buyers of it's product. Has similar name to other company based in Calgary.
Mercury usage in Oil and Gas production.

Hoping for a positive outcome.

Great post, Daisy, thank-you for joining.

I too hope LE had the legal means to put a tail on POI if he's let out of custody on the other charge tomorrow.

Curiouser and curiouser...with the family connection I'm starting to feel sure now that AL may have a more sinister role to play in what happened but it's seriously one oddball of a mystery.

POI's sister must be getting some interesting questions from family members of the missing given all these connections.

Would a "similar" truck alone be enough to get the search warrant for POI's property? How/what do you think got them the search?

This ^^^^
Only my opinion, I completely agree. I alps think IMO that KL was hurt or possibly murdered in the home. I believe DNA has come back and it indicates only KL's, that is why the Amber Alert says that NO could be with his grandfather AL.
I believe AL did reach out to someone for help and possibly that was or lead to the POI coming to assist, in return for money, possibly a large sum of money.

Count me in on this theory ^^^. The report of NO being with his GF...AL's brother showing up first thing and the truck seen circling...drag marks..signs of violence and someone in medical distress and no bodies found in the search of DGs home/farm. Maybe DG was in charge of providing assistance but someone else used ALs truck too..do LE still have ALs truck? Just MOO^^

DG is 54 years old (was 39 in 1999) and judging from the pictures of him, he is slightly built - not someone you would imagine to take part in a violent crime. It's been said that the grandfather weighed 200 pounds, so it's difficult to imagine how (let alone why) he would be able to remove three people from the house.

DG is 54 years old (was 39 in 1999) and judging from the pictures of him, he is slightly built - not someone you would imagine to take part in a violent crime. It's been said that the grandfather weighed 200 pounds, so it's difficult to imagine how (let alone why) he would be able to remove three people from the house.

And neighbors heard nothing?

I found DG's parents last night on Ancestry electoral lists. They lived in Calgary until the late 60s when they moved to rural property.
--------
Thinking out loud... You're retirement age. The last few years you've taken a beating financially professionally and personally. You're tired and you've sold the house you've lived in for the past 17 or so years and the final straw is trying to sell the few possessions you have left to an endless parade of riff raff that traipses through your house all weekend long. An argument ensues at the end of the sale with your partner. A violent argument. Things happen, things you didn't mean. And your first feeling is to flee. But you have this problem so you call someone. Someone to help make this problem go away and buy you some time. The person you call suggests you call a certain someone, so you call them. This person perhaps doesn't like LE and they agree to come as they are a very agreeable sort of person and after all they know you well. They do what you say and help you remove one or possibly two problems away from the house leaving you time to clean up. They come back for you and take you in a very different direction from where the problems went. Perhaps the person you called first calls you the next day...

This is exactly my theory. I think NO Is with one grandparent somewhere.

Count me in on this theory ^^^. The report of NO being with his GF...AL's brother showing up first thing and the truck seen circling...drag marks..signs of violence and someone in medical distress and no bodies found in the search of DGs home/farm. Maybe DG was in charge of providing assistance but someone else used ALs truck too..do LE still have ALs truck? Just MOO^^

IMHO the cars/trucks should have been impounded immediately. Later last week (was it Friday?) when all the family members were sitting outside the house and on the driveway the media closeups of the family showed the truck including the truck's wheels. There was a lot of mud on the truck and in the wheelbase. The truck was then impounded later that day. I saw this on Global Calgary news.

Wonder what was kept in the garage that backed onto the lane?

Easily done. Hold a weapon to the wife or grandson and threaten their life if no cooperation. If police believe someone was in medical distress, the offender could have backed up his threats with actual violence to ply them.

You and me both! This seems way too convenient - hopefully LE will locate them, and do a "well being" check.

Since we now know that DG took off for 7 years when he was arrested last time, I hope he's being tracked so he can't slip away again.

Gosh I was just thinking.. I hope he doesn't do something to himself and leave everyone with no answers...if that happens, and his parents can't be found, that will be 5 people missing :(
From what I gather DG is in jail being held till who knows when and likely the police are trying to ascertain where his parents are :) But yes I'm wondering if he might do a run again IF he is involved in these disappearances Maybe he could even be on suicide watch? JMO

I too hope LE had the legal means to put a tail on POI if he's let out of custody on the other charge tomorrow.

Curiouser and curiouser...with the family connection I'm starting to feel sure now that AL may have a more sinister role to play in what happened but it's seriously one oddball of a mystery.

POI's sister must be getting some interesting questions from family members of the missing given all these connections.

Would a "similar" truck alone be enough to get the search warrant for POI's property? How/what do you think got them the search?

Similar truck and know. The L family would probably be enough to get a search warrant.

It was the missing grandparents that declarred bankruptcy, not the parents of the missing child.

I couldn't get the live stream where it was discussed that Nathan's dad also declared bankruptcy. I didn't read that this fact was disputed or found erroneous and later corrected. Is this incorrect? Here are the posts on it from July 2. I know that the grandparents both declared bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebles View Post # 563
Both Kathy and Nathan's dad had declared bankruptcy in past couple years.
Both Kathy (the grandmother) and Nathan's DAD?.......do you mean Nathan's Grandpa? (Alvin Liknes)

Weebles
Quote Originally Posted by LayzeeDayzee View Post565
Both Kathy (the grandmother) and Nathan's DAD?.......do you mean Nathan's Grandpa? (Alvin Liknes)
Nope. They said Kathy and Rod had declared bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member