Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reid Fiest
"@ReidFiest
.@CalgaryPolice says fire and EMS' presence at #amberalert #airdrie search scene just as a precaution. No calls for help.
9:17 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

I must get some work done. I keep hoping I'll come back to check this thread and find it in the Located section with good news or at least closure. That is my hope for the next time I come back to.

I'm afraid life gets in the way of my time here...Hoping and praying there is an answer soon...even better than we could possible expect!

There has been some discussion around whether two properties have been purchased (Edmonton/Mexico) and whether the L's would even because of family/grandkids being left behind in Canada.

It's been reported in both the media and by family that the properties were purchased.

AL is eligible for CPP (indexed pension from the Cdn gov't at 65). KL could elect to take her's earlier (60?) but she is 56 and not there yet. There are requirements to eligibility, the most important being that you have to be living in Canada for a certain period of time throughout the 365 day calendar period. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/services/pensions/cpp/retirement/index.shtml

Being a "Snowbird" is very common in Canada. Believe you me, parents have zero problem leaving the extended family behind and spending months in a warmer climate. Also JO referred to her mom and AL bring them down for vacations.

Being that DG was a chemist and had a drug lab at one time I would think he could have had dangerous chemicals and perhaps someone inhaled them by mistake?

This kind of reminds me of Breaking Bad and Walter White and the seemingly innocent family.....who knows.

DG might have been a loner but if he was involved in manufacturing drugs then he must have had some connections. Otherwise who would he be selling it to ?

Do you think he was " cooking" again and someone in the family was in business with him?

Question?

Has anyone seen the picture or pictures of the supossed drag marks outside the family home as mentioned in numerous reports by MSM

Im curious to see the picture to help put some pieces of this puzzle in my mind together

Reid Fiest
"@ReidFiest
.@CalgaryPolice says fire and EMS' presence at #amberalert #airdrie search scene just as a precaution. No calls for help.
9:17 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

They must be worried that the officers could experience heat stroke. The annual maximum temperature range in Calgary is -45C to 36C, which translates to -49F to 97F. It's understandable that 30C could cause problems for fully dressed officers working in the hot sun given that they are not acclimatized to the high temp.

http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com/canada/climate2/Calgary.html

That don't look like Police, so I wonder what they look like?

From what I've witnessed personally (person died in home) body is usually removed by coroner's vehicle. I do know that sometimes ambulances take accident victims to hospital where death is confirmed there instead of on scene.

Obviously dead person....body removal service. Depending on the circumstances the body is transported to the hospital for an autopsy. Police follow to the hosp and lock the body up and then attend the autopsy.
Ambulances are usually there to provide medical care to living persons.

There has been some discussion around whether two properties have been purchased (Edmonton/Mexico) and whether the L's would even because of family/grandkids being left behind in Canada.

It's been reported in both the media and by family that the properties were purchased.

AL is eligible for CPP (indexed pension from the Cdn gov't at 65). KL could elect to take her's earlier (60?) but she is 66 and not there yet. There are requirements to eligibility, the most important being that you have to be living in Canada for a certain period of time throughout the 365 day calendar period. http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/services/pensions/cpp/retirement/index.shtml

Being a "Snowbird" is very common in Canada. Believe you me, parents have zero problem leaving the extended family behind and spending months in a warmer climate. Also JO referred to her mom and AL bring them down for vacations.

Being a "snowbird" in Mexico is very common for a growing number of Canadians and some Americans. My parents and my grandmother do it and joyfully so (leaving their young - 1 yr and 4 yr- grandkids behind... who happily visit them there). They live in a gated community there half the year with a lot of Texans.

I posted earlier about the requirements to keep your Alberta health coverage active - http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/outside-coverage.html

"If you are physically present in Alberta for at least 183 days in a 12 month period, you remain eligible for continued AHCIP coverage"

They were possibly keeping a small place in Edmonton (or even calling a family member's home there, their primary residence) to keep health insurance coverage.

From twitter:
"Valerie Fortney
@ValFortney
Amber alert still on despite large sign on highway 2 off s of Airdrie #yyc #AmberAlert
9:29 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads