Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The seventh picture from this twitter site shows the dark mark on the garage.

The mark appears to be on the left hand side of the garage door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could that be the purple spray/liquid that was on the garage and the keypad?

IMHO, it could be as simple as talking about what they'd like to do. Most people who live in Calgary don't usually retire to Edmonton, even if they are from there. This past winter was one of the worst on record with snow in every month between (and including) October to May. We're not even near retirement age and we've been quipping to all and sundry that we're moving somewhere warm before next winter.

I understand all too well why people do winters down South, I'm from the East. I was more curious about timing of the decision....with an active business and employees, were they still planning on moving to Mexico or was the decision recent, i.e., after it went under - which would have been a very recent, hasty decision....maybe that's why family members seemed confused somewhat about plans.

On KLs facebook page it shows under recent activity the following:

Kathryn is now friends with xxxxxxxxxxx and 6 other people.
June 30

Very strange because this is not auto generated it has to be initiated by the facebook account holder or someone who has access to the facebook account via a password in order to add a friend to account. But to be clear someone added a friend and or friends on June 30th

I'm wondering if someone might be able to verify wether the garage in the back of the house had lane access? I can't seem to find anything regarding this. If there's lane access, I would think a premeditated encounter would have been through the back so as to be more discrete? IMO

June 30

Very strange because this is not auto generated it has to be initiated by the facebook account holder or someone who has access to the facebook account via a password in order to add a friend to account. But to be clear someone added a friend and or friends on June 30th

This was probably people that KL send a friend request to at any time in the past and they finally accepted.

Why would a cupcake holder be on the lawn?!

(PS. long time follower, first time poster. Hi everyone!)

They are using it to make a memorial candle shrine in front of the grandparents home.

This was probably people that KL send a friend request to at any time in the past and they finally accepted.

It's possible that xxxxxxxxxxx was added that day but the other names were added before June 30th. I've noticed that facebook will show an updated list of previously added names when a new name is added.

ETA: sorry, meant to quote ldbd's post

June 30

I'm wondering if someone might be able to verify wether the garage in the back of the house had lane access? I can't seem to find anything regarding this. If there's lane access, I would think a premeditated encounter would have been through the back so as to be more discrete? IMO

Yes, the back garage has lane access. And right across the lane is the park where witnesses saw Nathan playing on Sunday, June 29th.

No.

Alvin's twin brother is A. (Same name as Alvin's son)
Alvin's son is named Allen, called Al.
Alvin's son is married to PG...DG's sister.
Alvin's twin brother is married to F.

Just to add:

Alvin's daughter is named Eilleen - EL
She used to be married to Fernando "Frank" Chora - FC
They had a child together who I estimate would be about NO's age.

Why would a cupcake holder be on the lawn?!

(PS. long time follower, first time poster. Hi everyone!)

It is a cupcake holder if you are serving cupcakes instead of wedding cake at your wedding. If you are honouring missing family members, it also holds tea candles. I'm not sure about all the fascination with this piece.

Sorry if this has been answered before but was the Liknes house locked when JO arrived at 10 am Monday June 30 2014? Was JO able to get into the house at that time?
Initial reports were that there were no signs of break and enter so, either the house had been left unlocked, or the Liknes opened the door for possible perp.

Just to add:

She used to be married to Fernando "Frank" Choa - FC

It's Frank Chora.

I don't think the grandparents' setting up a part-time home in Mexico has anything to do with this. I know two retired couples who have places in Mexico. They generally go down for 4-5 months during the winter. Their married kids and families often go down to visit at that time - it's a relatively inexpensive vacation for the families. I know another couple in their 70s who goes to Mexico for a month each year. While they're there, they get dental work done and any non-urgent medical procedures. They say that the money they save on medical and dental bills pays for their month there. (Personally, I'm not sure I'd trust medical care in Mexico, but they haven't had any problems.) If I lived somewhere that has long, cold winters, I'd buy a 2nd place in the sun if I could afford it.

Just to add:

She used to be married to Fernando "Frank" Choa - FC

Oh, the only reason I mention this is because, given that he just got out of prison in January, let's say FC was determined to find out where his ex-wife EL (who testified against him in court and who moved from BC back to AB) and their child live and came to the L house to demand that information. We have there a person with a violent past, lots of criminal connections, a prison sentence, drugs, guns and a rap sheet that includes accidentally shooting EL at close range - twice - and breaking into an elderly family's home and bedroom in the early morning hours and holding them at gunpoint. IMO. IMHO.

If ALs recent business venture just very recently folded ( a couple of weeks before the night/day Al, KL and NO went missing) I wonder when they made the decision to live between Mexico and Edmonton?

It's clear they would have sold their home last December, with perhaps the home purchase in Edmonton following. But when did Mexico factor in? Before or after the recent business venture went under?

The reason I am curious is I can understand the move to Edmonton while Winter Petroleum was still active, but Mexico?

Just curious...

That's an interesting point. The house was sold in Dec2013, so maybe that was when there was a decision to move assets around in anticipation of the bankruptcy.

It does. It's a double garage.

The drag marks are from the side door to the driving pad in the front, but someone could have entered the yard from the back.

Hi Bakerlady - yes it does get confusing - DG's sister is PG and she is married to ALjr - I hope that helps
Violet, my understanding through MSM is DGs sister PG is common law partner with AL jr. Amounts to the same thing but not officially married.

Side note: the collage of family photos seen at the vigil this week included a photo of PG and AL jr with family members at JO and RO wedding in 2009. I only mention this because this would seem to show solidarity with PG rather than anger at her for DG in his current situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine