Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just glanced at the map again and my stomach dropped.
I know this area relatively well but just seeing it in map form was like a sucker punch. The drive from Parkhill to the reservoir is a very easy, straightforward one. A few turns to get onto MacLeod and then onto Glenmore. There is one particular exit off of Glenmore that loops you around and takes you very close to the water...

I wrote that ^^ and then remembered this man, Lian Jie Ma, is missing from Rockyview Hospital. The hospital is along the reservoir.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/story.html?id=10018105

What better way to bring traffic to a website, or to collect IP addresses of forum posters without the need for a subpoena than to create a fake ad and post a link on a chat board? Anyone know how that Brian Burke case is progressing?

Interesting idea but that ad was created in April.

ETA Or was it?!? It's easy to manipulate ads and things like that.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/body-recovered-from-glenmore-reservoir-1.1911500

Anyone else looking at the photo attached and observe the rescuer in red standing at the front of the boat and looking down at something. Maybe it is me being emotional but to me it looks like he is looking at the recovery body and if it was a full size body he would have to be standing back more. I am sorry if this is offensive.

The video very quickly showed an empty small boat. Maybe someone fell in the water from that boat?

Sorry but I am not understanding what it is about what I've posted that you're not understanding.

KL posted a free ad on the Buy & Sell online classified site in April 2014 -- pertaining to real estates/marketing. Ads on this site remain active x 6 months. According to her ad posted there, it was set to expire in October 2014.

She is currently missing........yet someone "updated" (edited) her ad 4 days ago on Jul 8. Several of us previously discussed this, how odd it was that this ad could have been "updated" when she's missing - who updated it?

Now, as of this afternoon this ad has been deleted. It was not set to auto-delete until October 2014. So who has access to her Ad? It's not like she worked for a real estate company/marketing company who would be still be maintaining her business ads though she's missing.

So who is it?

I get it, but I'm wondering what your thoughts would be about what it could mean? Perhaps she is safe and sound at their destination (if you believe the 'fake their own disappearance theory) and pulling the ad was a pre-arranged way to tell someone they were fine. Maybe renewing the ad was to indicate something else. Or maybe I read too much crime fiction.

The video very quickly showed an empty small boat. Maybe someone fell in the water from that boat?

Good eye puppyraiser. That could be the victims boat as you say or maybe the boat of the person who found the body. BUT if it clearly is not related to this case would not LE announce that it is unrelated relatively quickly to ease the family and community. Although I am sure LE is in contact with the family continually that a public announcement for their benefit isn't required.

Katie Simpson @KatieSimpson24
Tonight @CTVNationalNews police re-sweep the home of Alvin & Kathy Liknes in the search for the missing Calgary family.

Katie Simpson @KatieSimpson24
Neighbours also tell us what police have been looking for in their door to door canvas of Airdrie, where the person of interest lived.

https://twitter.com/KatieSimpson24

Sorry but I am not understanding what it is about what I've posted that you're not understanding.

KL posted a free ad on the Buy & Sell online classified site in April 2014 -- pertaining to real estates/marketing. Ads on this site remain active x 6 months. According to her ad posted there, it was set to expire in October 2014.

She is currently missing........yet someone "updated" (edited) her ad 4 days ago on Jul 8. Several of us previously discussed this, how odd it was that this ad could have been "updated" when she's missing - who updated it?

Now, as of this afternoon this ad has been deleted. It was not set to auto-delete until October 2014. So who has access to her Ad? It's not like she worked for a real estate company/marketing company who would be still be maintaining her business ads though she's missing.

So who is it?

Okay here goes....trying for a short explanation...*that's hard for me as I tend to ramble*L*....

When I checked out that ad site yesterday? day before? I hit the 'post ad' button....it stated that....ads run for 100 days.....unless someone wanted to pay extra for it to be auto-renewed....I assumed at that time that she must have paid for an auto-renew as the 100 days was just about up *I think it was on day 93 or something close*....The ad was posted originally in Apr....it seemed to do the auto-renew in July and the ad was 'good' till Oct....

One little trick I've learned that can be used on some....I emphasize some....websites....you can get a cached copy of what was on the page......which I just did....so I can show you a snip *I use snipping tool rather than printscreen* of the basic last shot of the website....so here you go....shows all the particulars.....
At the top of the webpage when you get a 'cache' copy it will tell you time & date of the cache & it says something like this:
"This is Google's cache of "website addie here" It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 12 Jul 2014 07:10:33 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime."

View attachment 54765 I completely messed up in posting this previously...I blacked the area with phone # & address ...that info doesn't need to be out there obviously....

What time is it in Calgary presently. This story at the reservoir occurred around 3pm and there is only one news report presently.

Yes, there are a couple people missing in Calgary currently, hopefully this body gives one family some answers, not positive answers but at least an answer.

I found the cached version of the ad site too.

I never really paid attention to where KL worked recently. Silly me, it never crossed my mind and I don't remember reading it.

This lists a business address so she must have worked there in April.
It is an office building in Calgary with two real estate companies registered as tenants.
And it lists a website that does not even exist.

Very strange.

However. I did a quick count in my head and it appears the ad was up for 100 days. Previous post says you have 100 days for the first ad and can pay extra to have it renewed. Either she didn't want it renewed or the 100 days were up. It's day 100 now so it was just automatically removed. That is not a mystery but the fake website sure is.

Anyone wanting to launch a defamation suit against an online forum user who accused someone of doing something they did not do, a la Brian Burke.

It's pretty slick proof for a court if you post an ad and 20 seconds later you get 50 hits on your site and their IP addresses. Trace users through their ISP and voila...

The idea of this is pretty mind blowing.

Okay here goes....trying for a short explanation...*that's hard for me as I tend to ramble*L*....

When I checked out that ad site yesterday? day before? I hit the 'post ad' button....it stated that....ads run for 100 days.....unless someone wanted to pay extra for it to be auto-renewed....I assumed at that time that she must have paid for an auto-renew as the 100 days was just about up *I think it was on day 93 or something close*....The ad was posted originally in Apr....it seemed to do the auto-renew in July and the ad was 'good' till Oct....

One little trick I've learned that can be used on some....I emphasize some....websites....you can get a cached copy of what was on the page......which I just did....so I can show you a snip *I use snipping tool rather than printscreen* of the basic last shot of the website....so here you go....shows all the particulars.....
At the top of the webpage when you get a 'cache' copy it will tell you time & date of the cache & it says something like this:
"This is Google's cache of "website addie here" It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 12 Jul 2014 07:10:33 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime."

View attachment 54765 I completely messed up in posting this previously...I blacked the area with phone # & address ...that info doesn't need to be out there obviously....

I just posted a cached pic too lol!! We both must've been doing it the same time - great minds think alike? lol:laughing:

Actually I think July 22 would be 100 days, it's been I long day, my math could be wrong.

Anyone wanting to launch a defamation suit against an online forum user who accused someone of doing something they did not do, a la Brian Burke.

It's pretty slick proof for a court if you post an ad and 20 seconds later you get 50 hits on your site and their IP addresses. Trace users through their ISP and voila...

What does all this have to do with seemingly strange observations pertaining to the business ad of someone who's missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine