Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FDA states “...They say he didn't put up a fight, there wasn't a mark on him....”
Who is “they” and why would they tell FDA this? Not that I believe anything that comes out of his mouth

FD’A has sketchy cop friends with links to the mob.

“Sergeant Mike Rutigliano, 50, has been charged with discreditable conduct under Ontario's Police Services Act for allegedly meeting with members of the Rizzuto crime family, led by the currently imprisoned Vito Rizzuto, in Montreal in 2002.”

“The officer is accused of interfering in the prosecution of Frank D'Angelo, former head of Steelback Brewery, who was acquitted of sexually assaulting a 22-year-old woman.”
OPP link veteran sergeant to top Mafia boss

From a 2013 article:

Also dropped were charges that Rutigliano used his position as the OPP’s Toronto court case manager to try to engineer the outcome of a sex assault case. The accused was Rutigliano’s old friend, former Steelback Brewery CEO Frank D’Angelo.

In 2009, D'Angelo was acquitted of sexually assaulting a business associate's daughter in a hotel room near Yorkdale in Toronto.

The Crown stayed charges of conspiracy to commit obstruction and obstruct justice against D'Angelo.

When D'Angelo was arrested in May 2009, investigators alleged he conspired with Rutigliano to obstruct, pervert or defeat the course of justice in relation to the sex assault charge. Those charges were also withdrawn.

Fraud charges against former OPP sergeant resurface after top court quashes judge’s stay order

From a 2013 article:

Also dropped were charges that Rutigliano used his position as the OPP’s Toronto court case manager to try to engineer the outcome of a sex assault case. The accused was Rutigliano’s old friend, former Steelback Brewery CEO Frank D’Angelo.

In 2009, D'Angelo was acquitted of sexually assaulting a business associate's daughter in a hotel room near Yorkdale in Toronto.

The Crown stayed charges of conspiracy to commit obstruction and obstruct justice against D'Angelo.

When D'Angelo was arrested in May 2009, investigators alleged he conspired with Rutigliano to obstruct, pervert or defeat the course of justice in relation to the sex assault charge. Those charges were also withdrawn.

Fraud charges against former OPP sergeant resurface after top court quashes judge’s stay order
oops, 2015 article!

It sounds like you believe that every crime can be solved and prosecuted, and the ones that aren't, are the fault of police, either lack of resources or interest, incompetence, etc.

I believe crimes can and do remain unsolved, when there's no obvious suspect (such as a husband who benefits from a big insurance payout) and when the killers plan carefully and/or nothing goes wrong. Especially if they confine themselves to one crime: it's often when committing multiple crimes that killers make mistakes. Everyone watches crime drama or even reads websleuths these days, they know how to avoid leaving DNA and fingerprints, covering up shoeprints, avoiding cameras, not bringing their cellphone, not telling anyone, perhaps arranging a fake alibi, not being an obvious suspect or seeming guilty. Plus the Shermans didn't care to invest in a security system, no one missed them and came to check on them Thurs, the crime was staged to confuse the cause of deaths, and so forth.
Aside from "solving" the crime ie believing they know who did it, police have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, in a way that will stand up to appeal in court.
IMO, it's a miracle police solve the crimes that they do, and we take it totally for granted.
But in the end, if someone really wants to kill you, they will do it. Whether they go to jail for it or not, the Shermans will still remain dead.

I agree with everything you said. There are also a lot of situations where the PE may be fairly confident they know who committed a crime, but due to limitations put in place by the legal system, they know they can not persecute the person. It does sound like they have a decent amount of information on the case and due to the families wealth and the assistance of the private investigation, this particular case has a lot more resources than the average case.

On a side note, (and there are too many discussions over the past 2 years for me to go through every post), but it seems a lot of people think the person who did this was inexperienced. IMO, whoever did this had to know exactly what they were doing to have gotten away with this for so long. The fact that no one has given information to reward them the $10 million award also makes me think that this was not just a robbery or a random hit. IMO, this seems to be because of something personal and the person who is responsible either was experienced with violent crimes/murders, or hired a hit person, as many others said. Just my two cents!

? Did you find something unusual, dotr?
Usually! lol.
On another tangent altogether, Legally Bland posted very interesting information on a completely different and unrelated thread which could have some bearing on the various ways that LE can retrieve information via car technology.
Could information such as this be a part of the Sherman investigation?
speculation, imo.
Wales - Gerald Corrigan, 74, killed with crossbow bolt, Holyhead, 19 April 2019

Latest updates as crossbow murder trial resumes

''This telematics evidence is amazing:

11:10
Timeline of movement
The court hears from telematics information which shows the Land Rover’s engine was turned on at 9.20pm on April 17 (two days before shooting).

At 9.40pm, lights from the Land Rover are seen heading towards Gof Du on single track on CCTV camera at Blackthorn Farm.

At 9.42pm, the engine is turned off at the bottom of the drive at Gof Du.

From the Blackthorn Farm CCTV, at 9.44pm the vehicle’s light is seen to go off.

Telemetry at 9.47pm shows a single door is opened before a single door is closed and the engines is switched on.

At 9.48pm, CCTV shows the vehicle making its way back up from Gof Du.

Lights are seen again at 9.51pm from CCTV, and at 9.52pm the camera picks up the Land Rover and “a bright light is now visible”.

The engine is turned off and it’s parked at the end of Gof Du. At 9.53pm, a single door is opened.

11:19

House lights come on
At 9.54pm, the vehicle light is now off. At 9.59pm a single door is closed and a door is opened and closed. At 10.04pm, door opened and closed.

Again at 10.05pm, the Land Rover door is opened and closed.

A house light then comes on at Gof Du.

At 10.05pm a second house light comes on at Gof Du. The engine of the Land Rover is turned on. Vehicle lights are seen making their way away from Gof Du on farm’s camera.

11:22

Further activity
At 10.05pm, a window of the vehicle is opened and closed. At 10.11pm the engine is turned off and it is located on Porthdafarch Beach car park.

Minutes later a single door opens and closed. At 11.51pm the boot opens and then is closed. A door is opened and closed soon after.

At 11.52pm the engine is switched on. At 12.09am on Thursday, April 18, the engine is turned off at the home of Whall.

11:26

Activity the following day
Moving on to Thursday April 18, at 9.48pm the Land Rover is at Whall’s home. The boot is opened before being closed at 9.51pm.

At 10pm a single door is opened and then single door is closed. At 10.46pm a single door is opened a single door is closed.

At 10.47pm the engine is turned on and at 10.48pm engine is turned off.

A single door is then opened. At 10.50pm, the boot is opened. And then at 10.50pm a single door is closed and boot closed. At 10.50pm the engine is turned on.

11:28

CCTV footage
CCTV on Porthdafarch Road captured white Land Rover discovery heading towards the beach just after 11pm on April 18.

Telematics from the Land Rover records that at 11.10pm the engine is turned off while located at Porthdafarch Beach.

11:33

Sky TV box
On Good Friday, April 19. The court hears that at 12.08am, the satellite signal for the Sky TV box is present at Gof Du.

At 12.28am, a pre-recorded programme is stopped and the Sky signal is no longer present. It has “stopped for some reason.”

Blackthorn Farm CCTV shows that at 12.31am, a house light comes on at Gof Du. At 12.32am a second house light comes on at Gof Du. At 12.34am, a third house light comes on.

A single door is opened and a single door closed. At 11.11pm the boot is opened and closed.

11:37

Welsh Ambulance Service call being played
At 12.34am, the call centre at the Welsh Ambulance Service gets a call from Marie Bailey at Gof Du requesting assistance at the location.

The Ambulance service call is being played to jury.

Ms Bailey says: “He’s bleeding quite heavily.”

11:40

Telematics information
Land Rover telematics shows that at 12.42am, the boot opens. A single door is opened and the boot is closed before the engine is turned on. A single door is closed. At 12.43am a window is opened.

CCTV cameras from Porthdafarch Road show a White Land Rover Discovery seen travelling away from the beach at 12.45am.

Land Rover telematics shows that at 12.57am, a single door is opened.

Engine is turned off at Whall’s home. Single door is closed. Single door is opened. Single door is closed. Boot is opened. At 1.02am, the boot is closed.

Telematics do not say which door is opened/closed.''

Usually! lol.
On another tangent altogether, Legally Bland posted very interesting information on a completely different and unrelated thread which could have some bearing on the various ways that LE can retrieve information via car technology.
Could information such as this be a part of the Sherman investigation?
speculation, imo.
Wales - Gerald Corrigan, 74, killed with crossbow bolt, Holyhead, 19 April 2019

Latest updates as crossbow murder trial resumes

''This telematics evidence is amazing:
bbm
Wow, you can say that!! Verrry interesting! (If used in case HS/BS, I don't know.)

off topic: (Lexi, did you get back in? I sent you an email.)

To a mod: I can't send a message unless I download and install "Ez Login Now" which I don't want to do. I am self-reporting this post to make Tricia aware of this problem. Thanks.

off topic: (Lexi, did you get back in? I sent you an email.)

To a mod: I can't send a message unless I download and install "Ez Login Now" which I don't want to do. I am self-reporting this post to make Tricia aware of this problem. Thanks.

I'm using another device which is working-for now. Thank you!

During all of this coronavirus hoopla, cannot help but think of BS and wonder if he would have have jumped right in and started working on an affordable vaccine?

<modsnip: removed random youtube video>

Last edited by a moderator:
During all of this coronavirus hoopla, cannot help but think of BS and wonder if he would have have jumped right in and started working on an affordable vaccine?

Thanks dotr .... probably BS would have been working on it if he was here .... but it takes at least 6 months to develop .... has to be first tested on animals ... then human volunteers , then can be released to the public. By then the worst of the epidemic will likely have been stopped.

Personally I have a bad attitude toward the seasonal flu shots widely promoted by everybody .... that all started after the SARS outbreak of 2003 ..... I am not anti-vaccine per say , it is simply a fact that the danger is the new super viruses that pop up and there is no way they even know what it will be , let alone have a vaccine against it ...... yet it has become a multi-billion dollar windfall for the drug companies and they love it and promote it.

I hate to be critical unless I can offer a better solution ..... and to me it all starts in societies like China who have large populations living close together ..... that is one thing .... but the real culprit is that because they do not have refrigeration or healthy food preparations the pigs and chickens are brought live to the downtown markets and are sold live and the animals are then taken home to be butchered and eaten ... problem is some of those folks in the crowds have a "normal" type flu which transmits to an animal and then back to the human which creates these super-viruses.

It would be a huge undertaking to eliminate those live animal markets and educate those people .... but it would be a start by spending those billions of dollars focused there instead of spending the billions on us folks who have high food standards and are at low risk .

Our risk is that extensive worldwide travel is the other culprit and brings the epidemic to our shores ...... but nearly impossible to stop that ...... we can see today shutting down travel from China causes plenty of other disruptions for everybody and the loss of billions of dollars for businesses .

All of a sudden those billions start to add up so in the end it may be more efficient to solve it at the source. I happen to love the Chinese people , they are some of the greatest people in the world , many of them have pulled themselves out of poverty and would do everything to help this crisis .

The problem is mostly political because China's communist leadership always prefers to spend huge sums on military equipment and ignore the urgent needs of the people ..... which all lands back on our lap because if we spend the trillions of dollars to help the Chinese people their government will have even more money to spend on military hardware ..... which of course will be aimed back at us.

There you have it

Sorry for the long ramble

Best wishes

Thanks dotr .... probably BS would have been working on it if he was here .... but it takes at least 6 months to develop .... has to be first tested on animals ... then human volunteers , then can be released to the public. By then the worst of the epidemic will likely have been stopped.

Personally I have a bad attitude toward the seasonal flu shots widely promoted by everybody .... that all started after the SARS outbreak of 2003 ..... I am not anti-vaccine per say , it is simply a fact that the danger is the new super viruses that pop up and there is no way they even know what it will be , let alone have a vaccine against it ...... yet it has become a multi-billion dollar windfall for the drug companies and they love it and promote it.

I hate to be critical unless I can offer a better solution ..... and to me it all starts in societies like China who have large populations living close together ..... that is one thing .... but the real culprit is that because they do not have refrigeration or healthy food preparations the pigs and chickens are brought live to the downtown markets and are sold live and the animals are then taken home to be butchered and eaten ... problem is some of those folks in the crowds have a "normal" type flu which transmits to an animal and then back to the human which creates these super-viruses.

It would be a huge undertaking to eliminate those live animal markets and educate those people .... but it would be a start by spending those billions of dollars focused there instead of spending the billions on us folks who have high food standards and are at low risk .

Our risk is that extensive worldwide travel is the other culprit and brings the epidemic to our shores ...... but nearly impossible to stop that ...... we can see today shutting down travel from China causes plenty of other disruptions for everybody and the loss of billions of dollars for businesses .

All of a sudden those billions start to add up so in the end it may be more efficient to solve it at the source. I happen to love the Chinese people , they are some of the greatest people in the world , many of them have pulled themselves out of poverty and would do everything to help this crisis .

The problem is mostly political because China's communist leadership always prefers to spend huge sums on military equipment and ignore the urgent needs of the people ..... which all lands back on our lap because if we spend the trillions of dollars to help the Chinese people their government will have even more money to spend on military hardware ..... which of course will be aimed back at us.

There you have it

Sorry for the long ramble

Best wishes
Thanks Arnie M, have you checked out this thread?..
Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV #2

Just my opinion, but even though FD'A appears to be a somewhat questionable character, I do not see any benefit to him as a result of the deaths of the Shermans. His indebtedness, would survive their deaths and I doubt he would looked forward to having to deal with Jonathan. Plus there is no evidence his warm and personal relationship with Barry was deteriorating.

I crossed him off my POI list.
Again, my opinion only.

Just my opinion, but even though FD'A appears to be a somewhat questionable character, I do not see any benefit to him as a result of the deaths of the Shermans. His indebtedness, would survive their deaths and I doubt he would looked forward to having to deal with Jonathan. Plus there is no evidence his warm and personal relationship with Barry was deteriorating.

I crossed him off my POI list.
Again, my opinion only.

Barry was much more likely to be indulgent and forgiving than the executors. Of course, Frank might be thick enough to think that debts are eliminated upon death...

I don’t see him as a suspect. I also don’t take anything he says as credible, because he loves attention. He has always done anything possible to put himself in the spotlight. In Toronto, he is generally the subject of great ridicule.

Barry was much more likely to be indulgent and forgiving than the executors. Of course, Frank might be thick enough to think that debts are eliminated upon death...

I don’t see him as a suspect. I also don’t take anything he says as credible, because he loves attention. He has always done anything possible to put himself in the spotlight. In Toronto, he is generally the subject of great ridicule.
I think that is what Windsor was saying as well - the deaths would not forgive FD's indebtedness - and I'm sure he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest