CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read in several articles that this person in the video was also seen walking close to the Sherman's home, disappearing for a couple of hours and reappearing. Does anyone know if this is the established facts or ? And if so, if the person was seen on other video closer to the home, then why wasn't that video shown too?

The image on this video is the clearest and best they have. The other video near the Sherman home was not as good.

Identifying the suspect is key to solving this case. Once you have a name, the TPS can request search warrants. These warrants will allow the investigation to dig deep into the suspect, his history, background and relationships. Who knows what they will find?

Last edited:
I brightened my screen and slowed it down to .25x

It seems like his face is purposely blurred out, imo. I watched it and focused not on him, but things around him. I can see the trees, neighbours’ lights, hydrant, snow details etc. all clearly.

He steps into view and he’s blurry.

Still shot from video:
E421D5F5-D6E7-4F3A-AE32-059D43750784.jpg

From what I can tell, he’s looking right and left until he reaches the driveway. Then he looks only forward.

*My impressions only

I didn’t have an experience.

I think it’s simply a matter of principle - TPS is unable to disclose to the public what the family or any other person they’ve spoken with has told them.

A non-comment isn’t indicative of an affirmative. Look at it the other way - if TPS publicly announced that no family members recognized the suspect’s gait, if/when someone is arrested and if it so happens that person is known to the family, they could become defense witnesses “it’s not him, family says so!”
I agree, and also, an investigation is a very fluid project and I think police work and training emphasizes not setting anything in concrete until the case is officially solved. LE must maintain an open mind, or they will miss potential clues in their bias towards one personal theory, which is how wrongful convictions / failures to convict happen.

So for eg, until the case is truly solved, there's always the potential that Price could receive a phone call one day from a member of the family, saying 'I"ve decided to tell, I think I know who that is'. It's very unlikely, but as long as it's possible, IMO it would be a fundamental error to announce to the world, or to that potential witness (or even potential confessor), that it can't/won't happen.

ETA, also, perhaps a family member / members have expressed opinions about who the person is which police obviously won't reveal.

Last edited:

It seems like his face is purposely blurred out, imo. I watched it and focused not on him, but things around him. I can see the trees, neighbours’ lights, hydrant, snow details etc. all clearly.

Still shot from video:
View attachment 326749

From what I can tell, he’s looking right and left until he reaches the driveway. Then he looks only forward.

*My impressions only
Just a for now impression of screenshot (as opposed to cctv) and definitely subject to change!
Screenshot is great, more face- but now i am getting a different ''vibe'' about the perp.- seems less like a mob-like figure and more like someone shrinking inside an
over-sized costume, willowy and softer somehow. imo, speculation.

Just a for now impression of screenshot (as opposed to cctv) and definitely subject to change!
Screenshot is great, more face- but now i am getting a different ''vibe'' about the perp.- seems less like a mob-like figure and more like someone shrinking inside an
over-sized costume, willowy and softer somehow. imo, speculation.

That’s what I think, too!
When I first saw the video I thought it was an older man.

When I slowed it down, I see a younger man wearing oversized clothing.

ETA: Short of a confession by the murderer, I don’t think this crime will ever be solved. Many people however will continue to feel that they know who the murderer is. All jmo
Interesting point. Standards are very high about what evidence is required for an arrest, IMO Crown prosecutors won't give the go ahead until they are very confident of a conviction.

It's interesting to me to contemplate what evidence has broken some big cases I've followed here, leading to the initial arrest: in Dellen Millard's case it was his burner phone and highly memorable tattoo. For Col. Williams, it was his snow tires and boot tracks. In McArthur's case it was video surveillance of Andrew Kinsman getting into his vehicle. For Bernardo, it was Tammy. For Mark Sievers, it was the hit man's wife complaining to friends that he'd gone to Florida without her, and the hitman using a gps to get there.

Unfortunately, three cases I can think of off the top of my head have included video or audio released to the public for possible ID, with no resolution so far. In a recent case in Australia, release of video lead to an immediate arrest, but the release was likely a ploy.

Still shot from video:
View attachment 326749

*My impressions only

great work!

I think the whole face is covered I do not see any breathing in the air as they briskly walk in the cold air.

I think he's wearing a flat cap. This is a style worn by hipsters and distinguished older gentleman. It's not a warm hat, but some have knitted flaps that fold down over the ears. Interesting choice to further confuse matters.

When I saw this video I thought immediately of a close associate of BS, and I could be persuaded that the image on the video could be that person. I have searched online for other video of this person walking with no success. And I imagine LE has probably cleared this person already. I guess I am just wishing that this crime will be solved soon, and so I am reaching hopefully for some magic and quick answer.

Remember the earring found at the end of the driveway? Did it belong to Honey Sherman, or did it belong to a man? It may not look like a man's earring, but some men wear a single earring like that, without the pearl. Maybe even some man who knew the Shermans wore one like that.

That’s what I think, too!
When I first saw the video I thought it was an older man.

When I slowed it down, I see a younger man wearing oversized clothing.

I thought it looked like an older man too...the poor posture and apparent hefty body structure. Baggy clothes can hide the real physique...eg the size of the jacket, pants and boots. Maybe that is why TPS stated that it could be a man or woman. (or a smaller male).

If a smaller person was wearing boots that were too large, do you think that could account for the odd gait? For example, this person leads with the right foot in an exaggerated manner (throwing the foot) and the left foot just seems to plunk down with each step. I can picture this happening if the boots are too big , and not necessarily a gait that is normal to the suspect.

You can see it plainly in this video.

Video released of suspect with distinctive gait in Barry and Honey Sherman murders | Windsor Star

Last edited:

Still shot from video:
View attachment 326749

*My impressions only
Lol, I'm seeing it just the other way round. When he has passed the driveway already, I think, he looks to his right 2 x and then straight forward again (like before and during driveway). I maybe wrong and will see it very different at the next video version. ;)

Lol, I'm seeing it just the other way round. When he has passed the driveway already, I think, he looks to his right 2 x and then straight forward again (like before and during driveway). I maybe wrong and will see it very different at the next video version. ;)

I see it that way too. But I do have to wonder if this video will really have any results in id'ing anyone from it! I mean, look at the much clearer Delphi video tape, with audio too, and how well (not) that id'ed anyone lol. (excuse my off topic mention, just can't help but think of it in comparison)

The whole using two belts thing on the victims seems a bit complicated and time consuming to me, as in the murderer would have to either bring 2 belts with him or find at least one, possibly two to use in the home. (may've used one from Barry himself). And then to get them to go to the pool room and set up the crime scene there, posing the couple, the perp must've been familiar with the house plans, and had alot of physical strength. Not to mention getting into the home itself without breaking in (apparently the Shermans were lax with security and one window open to air out recently painted room or door unlocked). Also, the marks on their wrists showed they had supposedly been tied together, which basically ruled out M/S, but just wondering how and when that would've been done and in what position, considering the way they ended up in the pool room. Alot for one person to handle? In other words, this all wasn't a fast, outward rage filled sloppy crime. It was thought out methodically and thoroughly, including the walk there and out. IMO.

Currently, I would expect that the TPS has been flooded with tips and suggestions. They will also be monitoring social media sites like this and YouTube and others. Likely we will not hear anything from the TPS for several months while they sort and go through all this info.

Did the Stubbs apartment building have a waste incinerator in 2017, or was garbage removed in large dumpsters?

Regarding my previous post as to the location of a safe house beside the Stubbs Apartments, on the south side of Stubbs Drive is the Windfields Estate Townhouse complex, which would also be a great location for a safe-house.

It would be easy to monitor the the Old Colony site, with driving by to and from the Stubbs Drive locations. Not a direct route from Bayview, but easily explained.

My original theory, of a professional hit team likely from overseas has not changed.

Maybe TPS are not the only ones looking for the suspect...
speculation, imo.
Israel's Hit Squads
''Top-secret assassinations are not unusual for the Mossad. But technology—from cameras to social networks—is making the assignments more difficult.

By Yossi Melman and Dan Raviv
February 2010 Issue
The goal of any top secret assassination is to kill your target and get back to base without losing your team members or leaving evidence behind. In the era of ubiquitous security cameras and rigorous background checks, of course, that’s almost impossible. But a group widely suspected to be the Mossad took that risk in January, when they assassinated a senior Palestinian Hamas man in Dubai.

Assassinations are nothing new for the Jewish state. Imagine you’re an Israeli leader aware of constant threats from terrorist groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah. If you try to play by polite rules and rarely resort to violence, you’ll be perceived as weak, and Israel’s deterrent ability will deteriorate. If you launch a military campaign, as Israel did in Gaza just over a year ago, you’ll likely end up killing innocents and be accused of war crimes. And if you go the American route, pursuing targets only using drone aircraft, there’s still a risk of collateral damage to civilians. So Israel chose to resort to the tried and true—its longstanding and mostly successful tactic of close-up, pinpoint, surgical assassination.''
The Dubai Job
''The Dubai Job
One year ago, an elite Mossad hit squad traveled to Dubai to kill a high-ranking member of Hamas. They completed the mission, but their covers were blown, and Israel was humiliated by the twenty-seven-minute video of their movements that was posted online for all the world to see. Ronen Bergman reveals the intricate, chilling details of the mission and investigates how Israel's vaunted spy agency did things so spectacularly wrong
By Ronen Bergman
January 4, 2011 rbbm.
''Monday, January 18, 2010. Morning
At 6:45 a.m., the first members of an Israeli hit squad land at Dubai International Airport and fan out through the city to await further instructions. Over the next nineteen hours, the rest of the team—at least twenty-seven members—will arrive on flights from Zurich, Rome, Paris, and Frankfurt. They have come to kill a man named Mahmoud Al-Mabhouh, a Hamas leader whose code name within the Mossad—the Israeli intelligence agency—is Plasma Screen.

Most of the operatives here are members of a secretive unit within the Mossad known as Caesarea, a self-contained organization that is responsible for the agency's most dangerous and critical missions: assassinations, sabotage, penetration of high-security installations. Caesarea's "fighters," as they are known, are the elite of the Mossad. They rarely interact with other operatives and stay away from Mossad headquarters north of Tel Aviv, instead undergoing intensive training at a separate facility to which no one else in the agency has access. They are forbidden from ever using their real names, even in private conversation, and—with the exception of their spouses—their families and closest friends are unaware of what they do. As one longtime Caesarea fighter recently told me, "If the Mossad is the temple of Israel's intelligence community, then Caesarea is its holy of holies."

George Jonas: Dubai assassination leaves terrorist dead, confusion alive | National Post
''Jun 15, 2010
On Jan. 19 this year a man named Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, described as a terrorist by Israel, was throttled in a Dubai hotel room. His killers, say Dubai officials, were Israeli agents. Dubai alleges that a traveling circus of Mossad assassins, 26 or more, participated in the hit, utilizing British, French, Irish, German and Australian passports.

Whether or not it takes a village to raise a child, it certainly seems to take one to put down a terrorist. A hit team of 26 sounds like overkill, though we should assume most were only roadies, pitching tents and picking up after the elephant.
Given all the paperwork involved, 26 may not even have been the full complement. On June 4, an Israeli citizen travelling under the name of Uri Brodsky was arrested by Polish border guards on arrival at Warsaw airport. The Poles were acting on German information that Brodsky had assisted the hit team in Dubai by helping to obtain a German passport for one of their members. Now the Germans want Poland to extradite the Israeli, so they can put him on trial for whatever role he played, if any, in obtaining a passport in Cologne for another person under the name of Michael Bodenheimer to travel to Dubai for the alleged purpose of participating in the hit.``

8 Deadly Jobs That Will Make You Filthy Rich
''Assassin
Potential Earnings: $15M + per hit
For a profession that deals with death quite literally, it's no surprise funding and risk run considerably higher than most occupations. While official stats are hard to come by in this ridiculously illegal field, hit-men advertising on the darkweb have listed their prices anywhere from $10K a hit (for a regular joe) to over $15 million for high-profile politicians.''

Last edited:
The whole using two belts thing on the victims seems a bit complicated and time consuming to me, as in the murderer would have to either bring 2 belts with him or find at least one, possibly two to use in the home. (may've used one from Barry himself). And then to get them to go to the pool room and set up the crime scene there, posing the couple, the perp must've been familiar with the house plans, and had alot of physical strength. Not to mention getting into the home itself without breaking in (apparently the Shermans were lax with security and one window open to air out recently painted room or door unlocked). Also, the marks on their wrists showed they had supposedly been tied together, which basically ruled out M/S, but just wondering how and when that would've been done and in what position, considering the way they ended up in the pool room. Alot for one person to handle? In other words, this all wasn't a fast, outward rage filled sloppy crime. It was thought out methodically and thoroughly, including the walk there and out. IMO.

I agree with you about the belts and the suspect being familiar with the home. Maybe he had a gun with him to subdue them?

A few months ago the Star reported this:

“First, while a man’s belt was tied around each of the Sherman necks, it was not what killed them, sources say. The marks of a more narrow ligature — speculation is that it may have been similar to a large “zip tie” used to bind wires or pipes — can be seen on the Sherman necks, sources say.”
What do the mysterious cases of Barry and Honey Sherman and Jeffrey Epstein have in common? A U-shaped neck bone to which too much significance is attached during a death investigation

I think the belts may have been used to restrain them and then the killer used the ‘zip tie’-type ligature. It’s a horrific thing to do, but I would think it requires little physical strength, imo.

Or they were bound by their wrists to the pool railing while alive, not by the belts. The bindings may have then been removed in order to stage it as a m/s.

ETA: Edited for clarity and remove repetition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member