CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the drop off by an associate. The cab seems a little sketchy. Would a hit man rely on calling a cab from some random location after just committing murder?
Not sure? But perhaps his 'arrival' to whichever area, was via cab? Grabbing a cab in Toronto in the days before Christmas and heading to say, the airport, wouldn't have been something that would've stood out, I wouldn't think? Or perhaps even one of those airport limo things?

Likely lookouts were involved. If the assassin was not carrying a cell, so he could not be tracked, someone could have driven by him in a car, and waved or given certain signals so he would know Honey was home. Also, her Lexus was parked in the front driveway. IMO
To have lookouts, would mean even more people involved... which I would really doubt.. imho.

one would assume if it was shared with the family and it was someone known to them they would recognise the man's gait.

That's certainly how I recognise people when out and about, can spot a person's individual gait a mile off....Though I'm not good at wearing my glasses so maybe that's why.

Very acute observation on how the question was evaded, I would not be surprised if the family has duly signed NDA's (Non-Disclosure Agreement) with TPS and any conversation they have with them is considered privileged? And thus he is not legally able to answer the question. Some NDA's have clauses that you are not permitted to mention an NDA is in existence. That could make anyone stutter and look odd when trying to answer the question without breaking the agreement.

But it still stands that the question was not answered. Maybe they have an idea of the suspect's identity or connection to someone else they have knowledge of through investigations and the purpose of releasing this video is not anything we are aware of, knowing we cannot help with that video alone, it is to make someone nervous, trip them up, and they are being watched now.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Here is my attempt at using Google Maps to determine distances. From 50 Old Colony Rd, the Sherman Home, to 59 Bonnatyme Rd. where the suspect is seen walking on the video, is 1.2 KM. and would take approx. 14 min. walking. From there to a possible secluded woods area for possible pickup in the nearby Betty Sutherland Trail Park at 250 Duncan Mill Rd. would be another 2.6 Km and according to Google Maps, would take another 31 min. to walk, for a total walking time of only 45 min. We know our suspect has a long powerful stride and really covers ground, so it would likely take him less time,and a total walk of approx. 3.8 Km. would put him nicely out of the 3 Km. radius covered by the Toronto Police when gathering video surveillance tapes.

from 50 Old Colony Rd, North York, ON M2L 2K1
to Betty Sutherland Trail Park, 250 Duncan Mill Rd, Toronto, ON
45 min (3.8 km)
via Forest Heights Blvd

Mostly flat

I tried to post the route, but it had too many images apparently, and I could not get it to post here -- like I said, I am not that good with maps, or tech for that matter. I do not live in the Toronto area, and have never been in this area, so I may have made some mistakes. IMO
First thing that surprises me is that the video footage is so far away from the murder scene. Is this correct?

Is the theory that someone limped several blocks in the cold around midnight? Do hitmen put up with that?

View attachment 326626

I guess we all have our own personal theories as to what happened, and now that we have seen this video of a 'suspect', that may or may not have changed for some or all. Suffice it to say that for me, imo, if when the S family was presented with the video(s) of the suspect, if it had been a simple 'no' all around, it would have been easy for BP to answer the reporter's question with a simple, 'no they did not recognize the suspect', just as he answered the first part of the same reporter's question, with a confirmation they'd been shown the video(s). But.. he didn't. So for me, that is very interesting. Your experience may vary.

I didn’t have an experience.

I think it’s simply a matter of principle - TPS is unable to disclose to the public what the family or any other person they’ve spoken with has told them.

A non-comment isn’t indicative of an affirmative. Look at it the other way - if TPS publicly announced that no family members recognized the suspect’s gait, if/when someone is arrested and if it so happens that person is known to the family, they could become defense witnesses “it’s not him, family says so!”

Last edited:
Likely lookouts were involved. If the assassin was not carrying a cell, so he could not be tracked, someone could have driven by him in a car, and waved or given certain signals so he would know Honey was home. Also, her Lexus was parked in the front driveway. IMO

The suspect may have looped around in a vehicle in advance to the long walk, to ensure HSs car was home.

Guys, IF this is a hit man, then yes someone else is involved because someone had to hire him! Therefore whom ever hired him obviously knows the Shermans, so it would be a safe guess that they know their habits, routines and schedules. Due to this it would seem quite obvious that the hit man had help! Probably plenty of help. When this much money is involved and what some perceive as "important, extremely wealthy people" then usually there is a mini "team" to execute the hit.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised HS and BS didn't have a security team. Many extremely wealthy people have a security guard at the house 24hr a day. Especially someone like him who had a habit of suing people and was kinda ruthless in business.
You would think he had some death threats in his career in the pharmaceutical industry...that would make me hire security real fast.
Hell....even Jeffree Star has a security team! lol

Well I hope TPS have more than just a walk, such as the suspect’s beginning or end point and this has been released to rattle their chains because what TPS knows or doesn’t know can’t be known for certain.

I say this because that gait doesn’t look distinctive enough for me to bet on it being a sure thing for someone to recognize, even if they did happen to know the mystery person. I see nothing different than someone walking briskly down a street, looking as if they’re late for dinner. But who walks anywhere anymore, unfortunately making familiar gaits less recognizable.

Hoping LE are a little closer than what meets the eye…..

I say this because that gait doesn’t look distinctive enough for me to bet on it being a sure thing for someone to recognize, even if they did happen to know the mystery person. I see nothing different than someone walking briskly down a street, looking as if they’re late for dinner. But who walks anywhere anymore, unfortunately making familiar gaits less recognizable.

Plus, if they are walking like that due to an injury from a scuffle....then they would be walking normally now, almost seems like a needle in a haystack!
They may have an idea who did it, or who is behind the murders but they don't have enough evidence to prove it in court and they want to make sure the person they arrest will spend the rest of their life in prison.

I guess we all have our own personal theories as to what happened, and now that we have seen this video of a 'suspect', that may or may not have changed for some or all. Suffice it to say that for me, imo, if when the S family was presented with the video(s) of the suspect, if it had been a simple 'no' all around, it would have been easy for BP to answer the reporter's question with a simple, 'no they did not recognize the suspect', just as he answered the first part of the same reporter's question, with a confirmation they'd been shown the video(s). But.. he didn't. So for me, that is very interesting. Your experience may vary.

Blank

Well I hope TPS have more than just a walk, such as the suspect’s beginning or end point and this has been released to rattle their chains because what TPS knows or doesn’t know can’t be known for certain.

Hoping LE are a little closer than what meets the eye…..

I've read in several articles that this person in the video was also seen walking close to the Sherman's home, disappearing for a couple of hours and reappearing. Does anyone know if this is the established facts or ? And if so, if the person was seen on other video closer to the home, then why wasn't that video shown too?

I've read in several articles that this person in the video was also seen walking close to the Sherman's home, disappearing for a couple of hours and reappearing. Does anyone know if this is the established facts or ? And if so, if the person was seen on other video closer to the home, then why wasn't that video shown too?
Yes, that explanation about why he is a suspect was given in the police press conference. As well, the detective explained this clip showed him most clearly and LE just want people to focus on whether they recognize him.

Yes, that explanation about why he is a suspect was given in the police press conference. As well, the detective explained this clip showed him most clearly and LE just want people to focus on whether they recognize him.

Thank you for that, I'm usually more informed about these cases coming in, but not this time so far lol. Makes sense then. I would think having a second person involved, a driver, would help alot, but perhaps this person worked solo, if he is the killer. The way he turned his head to the side was interesting, but I have trouble believing he checked out all the cameras ahead of time in that further part of the walk.

I think TPS has suspected for some time now that they have known the identity of the person in the video, but have not had enough other evidence to make an arrest. Even if his identity were to be confirmed at this time, what are they going to, charge him with walking through a neighborhood on a freezing cold dark night? I think the purpose of the video was to show the public that TPS has been (at least during some periods in the past) carrying out a proper investigation.

I’ve never thought there was a hit man - or that there was even more than one perp involved (what is the best way to keep a secret?). I also have never thought the murders were about money or control. There was already enough of both to go around. I think the crime was very personal and up close. I think the perp tried to extract a confession and obtain an apology. More than anything, it was a crime of pride. humiliation, and vengeance.

For some reason, I doubt BS ever admitted to having done anybody wrong, or apologized for any action.He was as stubborn and as prideful as they come. So BS and HS died - strapped to the horizontal pool railing and posed in mockery. The killer cleaned up and headed out into the snow.

all jmo

ETA: Short of a confession by the murderer, I don’t think this crime will ever be solved. Many people however will continue to feel that they know who the murderer is. All jmo

Last edited:
June 2021 re post.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-honey-sherman-murder-2021-1.5860527
''Honey Sherman left the meeting at about 5:30 p.m. and headed home. Barry Sherman stayed at the office for a few more hours to finish some work.

At 6:21 pm, Honey Sherman used her mobile phone to make a five-minute call to a friend. It appears to be the last time family or friends heard from her.''

''However, eight days after their bodies were discovered, their son Jonathon Sherman told investigators during an interview that the couple had enemies.''

''According to the ITOs, Jonathon Sherman told police his parents "were complicated people and that there are people out there who would have a grudge against them and would have a reason to hurt them."
The documents don't reveal who those individuals may have been.''

The suspect may have looped around in a vehicle in advance to the long walk, to ensure HSs car was home.
Or if this is a well-planned murder they had both B+H cars on tracking devices and knew exactly where they were for a long period of time before that Wed. they could have been removed from the vehicles after the murder, maybe they left an identifiable mark on the cars maybe not, we will most likely never be privy to that depth of information unless they make an arrest and we hear via court.

June 2021 re post.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-honey-sherman-murder-2021-1.5860527
''Honey Sherman left the meeting at about 5:30 p.m. and headed home. Barry Sherman stayed at the office for a few more hours to finish some work.

At 6:21 pm, Honey Sherman used her mobile phone to make a five-minute call to a friend. It appears to be the last time family or friends heard from her.''

''However, eight days after their bodies were discovered, their son Jonathon Sherman told investigators during an interview that the couple had enemies.''

''According to the ITOs, Jonathon Sherman told police his parents "were complicated people and that there are people out there who would have a grudge against them and would have a reason to hurt them."
The documents don't reveal who those individuals may have been.''

JS published comment has always had me asking, what question was he specifically answering, in what context was the conversation they were having, how was the question worded to him, possibly that would change our view of his statement? We do not hear this on tape for ourselves, we read it in news reports and I have learned over the years that news media companies are in business to make money and have people read THEIR reports so they sometimes take out part of the conversation and you end up with statements like above? It could be a simple honest answer to a specifically worded question that has been intentionally misrepresented and designed to keep us the readers hanging and wanting to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452