Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year from Vancouver to everyone. ��

In my opinion, the Toronto Police Services have ordered that this investigation be treated as a murder investigation, whether or not it is.

As I said, there is tremendous pressure on this investigation coming from different directions - both within the TPS and in the political areas.

Now that they're giving Barry the Order of Canada, there's no way the TPS is going to arrive at a determination of "murder-suicide".

The case is going to silently fade away...still "open" or "undetermined".

Happy New Year from Vancouver to everyone. ��

Thanks Jackeee.
Wishing you all loads health and fun, from Australia. :loveyou:

Let's hope we assist in solving many crimes.

Happy New Year!! :newyear::fireworks::fireworks::canada::toastred:

Happy New Year to all of you kind folks!

No matter which thread I find myself on, Websleuths sure attracts compassionate and wonderful people!

:tyou:

All the Best in 2018 to all of the fabulous Mods on Websleuths !

Websleuths is a comforting spot to land on when tragedy strikes. I have always found comfort and kindness here and that is because of your commitment to keeping this website that way.

Happy New Year all !

Till next year (tomorrow lol) All the best in 2018 to all sleuthers and Mods here :takeabow: :peace: :fireworks2:

Thanks Jackeee.
Wishing you all loads health and fun, from Australia. :loveyou:

Let's hope we assist in solving many crimes.

And as hot as New Years days usually are.

If they were going to the architect’s office, however, where is that?

We have no actual verified info that they met with the architect.

If the meeting with the architect turns out to be true, I hope there is video surveillance of the office or restaurant or wherever the meeting took place. It could show if the Shermans left the meeting together, the parking lot, their demeanour when they arrived and when they left, and timestamp. Also it could show what they were wearing, if it's the same jackets/coats they were found in, etc. JMOO

The article was this one: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...at-apotex-founder-barry-shermans-mansion.html
After police spoke outside the house, a woman who said she worked at Apotex showed up with flowers in hand. She walked straight through the police tape to drop them off, and cried when she spoke quietly to reporters. She hadn’t known Honey, but learned of Barry’s death that afternoon, she said.

“He was very loved. He was very fair. He was very respected,” she said.

I was watching this live on TV, because I am from Toronto and work in civil litigation. So I know the Sherman name very well.

This woman carrying the flowers, spoke to a reporter outside and said she worked at
Apotex. She was visibly upset and crying.

What I found extremely baffling is she walked under the police tape, walked up their driveway and straight into their house via the side door. Not one police officer stopped her. It was at least two minutes before the police lead her away.

That is in my mind not a very good way of protecting a crime scene.

:fireworks::loveyou::partyguy::party::fireworks:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I was watching this live on TV, because I am from Toronto and work in civil litigation. So I know the Sherman name very well.

This woman carrying the flowers, spoke to a reporter outside and said she worked at
Apotex. She was visibly upset and crying.

What I found extremely baffling is she walked under the police tape, walked up their driveway and straight into their house via the side door. Not one police officer stopped her. It was at least two minutes before the police lead her away.

That is in my mind not a very good way of protecting a crime scene.

I don't really understand all those crying women at the memorial service. I don't imagine that all those women worked in day to day contact with him. I get going to the service for respect but some of them were sobbing.

My point is how easily she walked into the house, without being stopped by police.

She had boots on with snow that was being tracked into the house, which was an active crime scene at that point in time.
Just boggles my mind why they were not more careful at securing the crime scene.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is the motive behind murder suicide. Barry could have pulled off the staging in my mind. He was a workaholic and PhD just like me. I am also the owner of a company so I get the life. He would have thought about his company and reputation after killing her and was more than capable physically and mentally staging this. To think like a sleuth is to understand the mindset. It would not be hard in the hands of someone smart to arrange scene.
If you act fast enough you can actually make a hanging look like suicide. You can actually strangle a person and cause death and fool most pathologists into ligature compression. It isnt hard if you do this quickly. Pathologists cannot tell the difference on gross unless obvious and histological findings also do not correlate. Btw I actually do know this as I am a board certifed veterinary pathologist. Pathology is the same in human and veterinary training. Except we have rare chance to investigate why bessie the cow woukd have shot the farmer. Just a joke. Forensic pathologists routinely conference with veterinary pathologists..
The thing is why now . People married that long have long ago accepted differences and opinions. Barry didnt have dementia.
Why now would he have snapped and killed her.
I would like to hear from people on this forum who have been married for 40 years. It is a long business marriage.

I know a couple married 40+ years and would be shocked, but also believe it, if one killed the other and then self. Just not sure who would do what...

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is the motive behind murder suicide. Barry could have pulled off the staging in my mind. He was a workaholic and PhD just like me. I am also the owner of a company so I get the life. He would have thought about his company and reputation after killing her and was more than capable physically and mentally staging this. To think like a sleuth is to understand the mindset. It would not be hard in the hands of someone smart to arrange scene.
If you act fast enough you can actually make a hanging look like suicide. You can actually strangle a person and cause death and fool most pathologists into ligature compression. It isnt hard if you do this quickly. Pathologists cannot tell the difference on gross unless obvious and histological findings also do not correlate. Btw I actually do know this as I am a board certifed veterinary pathologist. Pathology is the same in human and veterinary training. Except we have rare chance to investigate why bessie the cow woukd have shot the farmer. Just a joke. Forensic pathologists routinely conference with veterinary pathologists..
The thing is why now . People married that long have long ago accepted differences and opinions. Barry didnt have dementia.
I would like to hear from people on this forum who have been married for 40 years. It is a long business marriage.

How many animal deaths have you investigated that were the result of suicide by hanging?

:newyear::fireworks::fireworks2: Happy New Year! May this be the best year ever for YOU.L

I know a couple married 40+ years and would be shocked, but also believe it, if one killed the other and then self. Just not sure who would do what...

I know a couple like that who have been married for over fifty years. If one of them murdered the other, and then killed themselves, I would have no idea who the murderer was. At some stage in their marriage my friend said to me, 'You should not sleep with the person that you work with'. Or the other way around. I can't remember now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove