Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to have a lawyer and I'm not sure it would be the same lawyer who is advising on the appeal. I think I heard correctly that his lawyer said he would not participate in a lie detector test to answer whether he had killed the Shermans.

I’d like to hear more of Kerry Winters so called terrible life with his adoptive parents, all we seem to know is he considers his mother cold and they too stole his inheritance.It must have been a huge undertaking to take in four young boys.
I have no doubt he is an injustice collector, nothing appears to have been his fault.
I could imagine him seeking out anyone he perceived that may hate BS as much as him, in the hope they could combine forces to kill him. I don’t imagine KW could provide the $$s.

Yes I'm well aware of the ACE scale, and its relevance is important here, thanks for pointing that out.

It's also best practice that when addressing ACE's, to employ a trauma informed perspective. That would negate from putting blame on the individual for making "choices" when they are really instead "circumstances", and understanding the greater scope of the issues at play. Where I do think KW's accountability comes into play, is that now as an adult, it is his responsibility to seek out adequate and competent mental health care and work on all of these challenges. I don't know if he's doing that.

He is 56 years old . He sees a psychotherapist or so he says. Blaming your circumstances is over when you realize that is what you are doing, Then it is time to move forward. Easier to blame everyone else though.

Seriously, he had millions and other opportunities presented to him. We all make stupid decisions, or at least I have.

I think of all of things that I did that could have ended badly such as walking all alone on the campus of the U of Minn at midnight many times. But nothing happened,

No one knows what way life would turn based on choices.

So we take what we have and are thankful we are not born on a garbage heap in a Third World Nation foraging for garbage scraps to eat.

And , although I am many zeros from being a billionaire, I too, like Barry wonder at my luck while other people are born into the most horrendous of situations.

I have to say that I admire people like Barry who give away their wealth because living where I do in a resort area in the Third World, I see many people and children of privilege living hedonistic lives with nary a thought of anyone but themselves. Fortunes squandered in the bottle, up the nose, and buying toys and women and men.

I’d like to hear more of Kerry Winters so called terrible life with his adoptive parents, all we seem to know is he considers his mother cold and they too stole his inheritance.It must have been a huge undertaking to take in four young boys.
I have no doubt he is an injustice collector, nothing appears to have been his fault.
I could imagine him seeking out anyone he perceived that may hate BS as much as him, in the hope they could combine forces to kill him. I don’t imagine KW could provide the $$s.

Interesting that he says his adoptive mother was cold, Det Gomes is a bad liar and that he hated HS. It sounds like his anger issues are deeper than just BS. Not sure of his past with relationships with women. I am not sure why he hated HS so much other than he said that she questioned about how he was dealing with the money BS gave him.

Sorry, have to call you on this one. They (at the time druggies) were hurling unimaginable insults at BS, that he had been complicit in their fathers demise, pure fantasy and yet you think BS mentality is one of control??

No way. They were also about to sue for something that no longer existed but the insults would be the icing on the cake. Are you telling me you wouldn't slam the bank doors on them at that point? IMO
You would be 'sensitive' to their pain/hurts real or imagined? IMO

BS had given them upwards of $15M dollars at that point and he took back the properties. IMO

They had not become successes, seems KW was quite clear about that last night, a lot of it went up their noses. IMO

Maybe he felt that if they didn't like his way, they should work it out on their own. Not unreasonable, given the circumstances, IMO

No matter what our childhood, no matter how our parents are/were, we all grow up and have to decide if we wish to wallow or wish to dust ourselves off and make it. We all make a choice, as adults. Thats my opinion.
I quite literally said that I understand BS's anger and why he did, what he did.

But yes, I do believe BS's mentality is one of control. JMO.

The constant pointing out of their drug habits and the money "going up their nose" is really moot if you refuse to see it through a trauma informed lens. JMO.

Dusting ourselves off and moving forward in a productive way, isn't so much a blatant choice, but rather the ability or inability to do so, given our circumstances and state of mental health. I've said previously, that KW does have a responsibility to take care of his mental health, and I don't know what he's done so far to do that. JMO.

People have different ideas about justice.

Barry thought justice was removing his largesse when Kerry said that Barry killed his father.

Kerry thinks justice is cutting off Barry’s head and having it roll down the hill.
Fair analysis, lol.

I would disagree. "Most people" don't fare quite as well as you think. Mental health is invisible, and you never know what folks are grappling with. It's really not measured entirely by their success or what you see on paper.

And not being raised by your biological parents can have huge attachment issues. I would wager a bet that anyone adopted, fostered, in contact with the child welfare system, or simply raised by other members of their family, have experienced some form of an attachment disorder.

Doesn’t attachment disorder happen in the first few months of life?

KW says a lot of things. In the 2008 article in the Toronto Sun he said he was free of drugs for four years "except for weed" (which is a drug.) Now ten years later he's six years sober, apparently. Why do I doubt him? He already failed a polygraph about his claims that BS asked him twice to kill HS.
Why is his sobriety even in question? Folks relapse all the time. It is so respectfully common that it's an inherent step of the cycle of recovery.

I agree, but when that revenge is stripped down, it really is the desire for justice.

Because someone apparently murdered Barry Sherman, does KW believe the justice he wanted has been served?

I would disagree. "Most people" don't fare quite as well as you think. Mental health is invisible, and you never know what folks are grappling with. It's really not measured entirely by their success or what you see on paper.

And not being raised by your biological parents can have huge attachment issues. I would wager a bet that anyone adopted, fostered, in contact with the child welfare system, or simply raised by other members of their family, have experienced some form of an attachment disorder.

Attachment disorder. In young children.

May be because the mother was ill.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_disorder

If he had anything to do with "it" - HE DID IT himself.
I can't see anyone who loathes family members so much letting someone else or asking or paying anyone else to do "the deed".
He wanted to participate and watch them suffer.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wasn’t clear enough. I think he did it. I also think he took a low life friend with him based on a promise for jewelry, drugs or something.

KW's lawyer doesn't seem to be a criminal lawyer. He represented the Winter orphans in the suits against BS. If Kerry is counting on this lawyer to help him in any impending criminal case, then he should rethink as it would be best to have a criminal defense attorney. If Teplitsky agreed to let the Fifth Estate to do a lie detector on KW and broadcast it, then he is not looking out for his client. IMO

https://bpr_website.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/TEPLITSKY 2056 RELEASE AND SC ORDER.635587551868909369.pdf
https://www.lawyerratingz.com/reviews/1632389/Lawyer-Bradley-Teplitsky.html

KW's lawyer doesn't seem to be a criminal lawyer. He represented the Winter orphans in the suits against BS. If Kerry is counting on this lawyer to help him in any impending criminal case, then he should rethink as it would be best to have a criminal defense attorney. If Teplitsky agreed to let the Fifth Estate to do a lie detector on KW and broadcast it, then he is not looking out for his client. IMO

https://bpr_website.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/TEPLITSKY 2056 RELEASE AND SC ORDER.635587551868909369.pdf
https://www.lawyerratingz.com/reviews/1632389/Lawyer-Bradley-Teplitsky.html

KW seems to ignore the advice of his lawyers. From the 2008 Toronto Sun article:

Sipping his coffee, Kerry explained that he was firing his lawyers. “They always tried to shut me up. Well, they’re finished.” He drew his finger across his throat.

This is exaclty my point. In order to purchase Empire in the first place, BS had to borrow money from his mother. It's highly suspect that he didn't use money from the sale of Empire to fund APOTEX. I'd love a week to go over his finacial statments between the sale of Empire and the purchase of APOTEX.

One of the main reasons that the Winter kids lost in court was that BS " did not own or use any of the assets, goodwill, property of business of the Empire companies" to fund APOTEX.

IMO no way and no how did he not use the proceeds of that sale.

If he sold his shares in Empire, the money is his, not the company’s. It looks like there were five years between his divestment of Empire and founding of Apotex.

He is 56 years old . He sees a psychotherapist or so he says. Blaming your circumstances is over when you realize that is what you are doing, Then it is time to move forward. Easier to blame everyone else though.

Seriously, he had millions and other opportunities presented to him. We all make stupid decisions, or at least I have.

I think of all of things that I did that could have ended badly such as walking all alone on the campus of the U of Minn at midnight many times. But nothing happened,

No one knows what way life would turn based on choices.

So we take what we have and are thankful we are not born on a garbage heap in a Third World Nation foraging for garbage scraps to eat.

And , although I am many zeros from being a billionaire, I too, like Barry wonder at my luck while other people are born into the most horrendous of situations.

I have to say that I admire people like Barry who give away their wealth because living where I do in a resort area in the Third World, I see many people and children of privilege living hedonistic lives with nary a thought of anyone but themselves. Fortunes squandered in the bottle, up the nose, and buying toys and women and men.
I so appreciate you analysis of comparing third world countries with the modern society we have in North America. We are deeply privileged, no doubt. But our society adapts to what we are dealt, and seeks to address the issues that our communities face. In North America, we have the privilege to even be able to address the issue of mental health, but I'm glad that we do it.

KW may be trying to do the hard work re: mental health and psychotherapy, but it's easier said than done. He just may not be where you expect him to be, yet. He's had a 56 year lifetime of problematic choice and circumstances to address. I began psychotherapy at 22 years old to understand my child and adolescent development and the impact of my circumstances and "choices" and ACE's. It can be fascinating and rewarding, but it takes time and can also be painful. I will likely never stop. I'm in a healthy place today, it can evidently work. He's not there yet.

Because someone apparently murdered Barry Sherman, does KW believe the justice he wanted has been served?

Short answer is no, because nobody used his severed head as a bowling ball in the parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed