Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The article applies to America.

Canadian Law will govern how/when Sherman estates are dealt with

None of us are privy to how their estates have been set up but its more than a bank account and house.

They will have accountants, lawyers and whom ever else is needed to execute the wills.

As for your 'sales with neighbour' and having to worry about 'monkey business'. Doesn't apply, once again.

None of us are privy to how their estates have been set up but its more than a bank account and house.

They will have accountants, lawyers and whom ever else is needed to execute the wills.

As for your 'sales with neighbour' and having to worry about 'monkey business'. Doesn't apply, once again.

What in Canadian law would make probate happen for a couple whom I am sure had everything done the correct way?

I doubt if everything isn’t done perfectly. And if the kids agree with the provisions, what would be a problem?

Hasn’t Greenspan already mentioned the executors?

How would you have structured their affairs to wholly avoid probate upon them dying almost simultaneously?

What specific scenarios from that article are most applicable to the Shermans?

All of them Living trust, Beneficiaries, property assigned to individuals. And the super rich have lots of other ways to shelter assets

^^^ but, even with full disclosure it sold at a good price and someone was willing to live there history notwithstanding.

As I said, for a decent price (not fire sale prices), I would have no qualms about living in the Sherman home.

IMO, speculating.....I believe the perps knew who they were after, did the job and have moved on.

I wouldn't be afraid of them returning or further problems. I would simply have security systems turned on.

I would not like to live in a house that i knew two people were brutally murdered in. I just would not enjoy living in a house like that no matter how good the price was. I live in a semi detached house and my lovely neighbour tragically hung himself in his loft a few years ago, whilst I was home and it bothers me still. I'm glad to be moving to an apartment next month.

My question has to do with if it is legal in Toronto to have the same business do an appraisal and the sale. It does not matter who the client is. It was not legal in MN when I was doing sales, but things seem to have changed. When the US had their bank meltdowns, Canada did not as they have rules. It seems like Canada may be more proactive re financial crimes?

I am cuious as Waddington’s has nothing on their site that seems like a Sherman estate.

Sotheby’s seems like it is limited to those who have access to look at their site, I wonder what gives the ability to look at their site

^^^ but, even with full disclosure it sold at a good price and someone was willing to live there history notwithstanding.

As I said, for a decent price (not fire sale prices), I would have no qualms about living in the Sherman home.

IMO, speculating.....I believe the perps knew who they were after, did the job and have moved on.

I wouldn't be afraid of them returning or further problems. I would simply have security systems turned on.

I think it's more about the dead than the perpetrators. When a violent crime, violent death(s) in a house, it's believed their spirits will roam the house forever. There are lots of stories and legends about haunted homes. Strange noises, lights going on and off on their own, cold breeze when all windows and doors are closed, spooky shadows, things disappearing, and lots more!

You can find so many articles on the internet.

Did someone die in this house? New site lets you search

I Had to Deal With My Dad's House After He Committed a Brutal Murder-Suicide in It

All of them Living trust, Beneficiaries, property assigned to individuals. And the super rich have lots of other ways to shelter assets

So you can’t provide any specificity? You are just regurgitating the three bullet points of the article you pulled off a google search.

Do you agree that living trusts to avoid estate taxes are more common in the US?

What is your opinion on avoiding probate but losing the ability to create an inter vivos trust?

Don’t you think that holding assets in jointure can create more problems than it solves?

Why do you see probate as an estate planning failure? The Sherman’s likely had top legal and tax advisors and all indications are that the estate is being probated. Is it your opinion that the legalzoom info you pulled off the web, which is from a different jurisdiction, would provide better advice?

How would you adapt the points in the article to Ontario, specifically?

So you can’t provide any specificity? You are just regurgitating the three bullet points of the article you pulled off a google search.

Do you agree that living trusts to avoid estate taxes are more common in the US?

What is your opinion on avoiding probate but losing the ability to create an inter vivos trust?

Don’t you think that holding assets in jointure can create more problems than it solves?

Why do you see probate as an estate planning failure? The Sherman’s likely had top legal and tax advisors and all indications are that the estate is being probated. Is it your opinion that the legalzoom info you pulled off the web, which is from a different jurisdiction, would provide better advice?

How would you adapt the points in the article to Ontario, specifically?

Lol. I pulled the info because guess what........ I do not know.

And that is why I asked the question.

And since I only know about the US,, guess what.....I am not pretending to be an expert in Ontario law.

Here is what I want to know.

1. The family stated that they want the house torn down, This has happened with many murders that I read about on WS.

2.I am wondering why they would have to go through probate because......... I do not understand why and I am not embarrassed to ask a question that I do not know the answer to.

3. I would like to see the items in the auctiion but can find no place they are listed

4.I am wondering why the house would be cleaned if they are not holding the auction there nor do the chldren plan on keeping the house. I doubt if they need the money from a sale nor would they care to rent it out, I imagine.

5.it may amuse someone to berate me and throw around terms and imply I am stupid. Go for it.

I think it's more about the dead than the perpetrators. When a violent crime, violent death(s) in a house, it's believed their spirits will roam the house forever. There are lots of stories and legends about haunted homes. Strange noises, lights going on and off on their own, cold breeze when all windows and doors are closed, spooky shadows, things disappearing, and lots more!

I Had to Deal With My Dad's House After He Committed a Brutal Murder-Suicide in It

Hazel, with all due respect, those beliefs are only held by 'some' people. Others don't believe it and are just fine.

With many fine, old homes, esp in Europe, the stories are fabricated to get overnight visitors through in droves.

Lots of aristocrats have a very hard time paying their bills, yet feel an obligation to hang onto the family pile.

Many of the homes are open for weddings, events and 'spooky nights' at the castle. I just finished watching a series about it, quite interesting and innovative. In England, there are a lot of eccentric people who will tell you anything to get a paying guest.

One poor chap lives in a small, cramped room off the kitchen so that he can rent out his bedroom until the end of the season. They make no excuses, telling the people to enjoy themselves and come on back to help him keep the electric on. lol

So why post and cite the article as relevant when you know it isn’t discussing the law of the relevant jurisdiction? Please explain why you relied on that article, and how it applies to your understanding of the Sherman case?

Why keep acting like probate is best avoided when three posts later you admit to being ignorant of the subject matter?

Being challenged isn’t being berated. Don’t play the victim when asked to support your assertions.

I don’t know what your curiosity about cleaning the house and the auction has to do with my questions, other than it’s clear you are avoiding them.

Someone, asked me what can be done to avoid probate so I listed what I found.

I have my questions,. You obviously have the answers to your questions and are only looking to castigate me.

Its not the dead you need to fear, its the living. Some very frightening people out there. :(

I wouldn't be afraid of them returning or further problems.
I would simply have security systems turned on.

Hazel, with all due respect, those beliefs are only held by 'some' people. Others don't believe it and are just fine.
(rs&bbm)
JDG, with all due respect, I was replying to your statement regarding you having no qualms about living in the Sherman's home, because you wouldn't be afraid the perps returning . IMHO, the peps coming back would not be the reason some people will not consider buying the house.

Mar 08, 2018, 06:30 ET
TORONTO, March 8, 2018 /CNW/ - The Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc. ("Supreme" or the "Company") (TSXV:FIRE), is pleased to announce the hiring of Mr. Chander Batra as the Company's Chief Information Officer. Mr. Batra will guide the Company's information efforts and streamline systems among its subsidiaries as Supreme expands and executes its global development initiatives.

Prior to joining Supreme, Mr. Batra was the Global Head of Information Services at Apotex Pharmachem Inc. the fully integrated API division of Apotex, the largest generic pharmaceutical company in Canada. At Apotex Pharmachem, Mr. Batra was responsible for the strategic alignment of business and IT, IS and IT transformation, technology strategy and planning, and global program management for delivering ERP and other enterprise applications. Prior to Apotex, Mr. Batra worked with McCain Foods Ltd. leading their global IT systems development, providing solutions for eCommerce, supply chain optimization, ERP revitalization and business intelligence. Throughout his career, he has worked with various ERPs, security systems, manufacturing and execution systems. He is also well versed with regulatory compliance requirements, having attended many Health Canada, FDA, MHRA and TGA audits.

"Supreme is pleased to announce Mr. Chander Batra as the Company's Chief Information Officer. Over the course of his career, Mr. Batra has been a leader in IT governance and strategy, and his leadership will be indispensable as we aggressively rollout our domestic and international development strategies," said John Fowler, CEO of Supreme. "Our Company's dedication to quality includes the quality of our senior leadership team, and I look forward to working with Mr. Batra as we continue to grow Supreme into a leading cultivator of premium cannabis."

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/supreme-hires-chief-information-officer-676230573.html

I'm sure the killer or killers left shoe/boot prints on the floors. Here's 1 way LE can lift them for evidence. Could be some small clue as usually something is always left behind at a crime scene just need good forensics to find it. JMO
Quick Gel Lift demonstration video>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75SAgXj2UV4

I'd buy the house just tear down the pool room area somehow. No more pool, redecorate i.e change wall color etc. . The house/mansion looks very elegant inside. That's likely what the Sherman's would have wanted for someone to still enjoy the home but still remember them for awhile. The dead can't hurt you. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne