Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought KW was referring to the security camera in the pool area.
Nowhere do I see anyone saying that the murders were filmed by the perps. in MSM or even rumoured.

Lexiintoronto, it was your own post to my request for a link.
@Iladger, I stopped following this case a few months ago until the recent press conferences. I hope you don’t think I’m hounding you- I’m not trying to. I’m just connecting dots.

When I was looking back, you seemed to have the same understanding that I have:

863B81BF-36E9-41A8-B262-ACBBA9A03D65.png

KW believes BS killed HS, he’s made that clear.

If it wasn’t a security camera KW is alleging BS turned away, you’re saying KW is alleging that BS filmed the murder with another device, yet turned the device away for the actual murder?

Very strong public proponent of murder-suicide theory
Lost multi-million dollar legal suite to victim
Ordered to pay huge court costs, as a final insult, weeks prior to crime.
Raised in Jewish faith, familiar with the customs and traditions
Very close relationship with victims in past
Mental health problems

You can bet the TPS checked out KW very very carefully

You can add:
Expressed extreme hatred for both Sherman's.
Had the opportunity (no alibi).
Failed polygraph test(s).

Personally, I think he is too obvious and is not the murderer. That would be too easy for such a complex case.

You can add:

Personally, I think he is too obvious and is not the murderer. That would be too easy for such a complex case.
Wondering now if the killer/s were aware of KW's animosity towards the Shermans, aware of the court case and of KW's schedule ect. and acted on the expectation that KW would be be a suspect?

Could KW be the patsy in this case, maybe someone wanted him to be framed AND out of the way too?
speculation, imo

I’m on mobile so the posts aren’t numbered. If you give me a date I might find it.

Wed at 10.45 am. It is in your posting. The reference to the filming/ camera is in the posting from kw that you copied in your posting.

I thought KW was referring to the security camera in the pool area.
Nowhere do I see anyone saying that the murders were filmed by the perps. in MSM or even rumoured.

Lexiintoronto, it was your own post to my request for a link.

For the k winter posting re filming to be true, it had to be a camera that the perps were using. Because the pool security camera was reportedly not working, and has been reported, it hadn’t been functional for some time.

@Iladger, I stopped following this case a few months ago until the recent press conferences. I hope you don’t think I’m hounding you- I’m not trying to. I’m just connecting dots.

View attachment 155929

If it wasn’t a security camera KW is alleging BS turned away, you’re saying KW is alleging that BS filmed the murder with another device, yet turned the device away for the actual murder?

Lexiintoronto, no problem! Welcome back!
Yes, that is what I am inferring from kw’s post.

View attachment 155929

KW claims his source of the existence of the audio was one of the producers of the 5th estate. Way beyond far-fetched that audio was conveniently captured in the manner KW suggests imo.

Post #1222 May 12, 2018 BBM
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7
Kerry Winter:
Thank-you.
After meeting with Detective B. Price for an interview/interrogation the lasted over 4 hrs, without a lawyer and willingly handed over my iPhone....l told him everything l know. I also told Tom Klatt what l know. My source is a retired homicide detective. I told him as l was leaving the police station to do the right thing... go back to the original murder/suicide and close the case.
One of the producers at The Fifth Estate told me that they were waiting on an audio of Barry killing Honey. She also told me that a man who closely resembles Barry, (although he was covering his face with a jacket), turned away the camera...guess he forgot to shut off the audio,
I MUST be very careful!!!!
Because l’ve been told that l’m their prime suspect.
The police have backed themselves into a corner by jumping on Greenspan’s or should l say Greenspin’s narrative. They need to make an arrest: a fall guy.
I’ve reached out to a reputable US magazine. They have my story and facts.
The truth will come out. Barry killed Honey...then hung himself.
*****Barry was also VERY connected to the provincial and federal Liberal party.
That’s right: Prime Minister J. Trudeau.

Post #523 July 2, 2018
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8
Q: If someone removed the camera how would there still be audio? I think this audio claim is a bit suspect.
Kerry Winter: If Barry covered his face...moved the camera, yet forgot to turn off the audio.
What do you say Dr. Watson.

In addition to the $300k legal costs awarded to Barry Sherman as a result of the dismissed lawsuit by the cousins, there’s also the matter of the $8 million owed to him by Kerry Winter.

This original National Post article from Feb, 2007 can no longer be found but a bit of background, it says Kerry Winter signed a promissory note for $7,944,145 in Nov, 2006.

“...Mr Sherman is seeking $8-million in connection to a loan allegedly made to Kerry Winter, described as a Toronto busisman. Because (Mr Winter) is suing me, I’m not going to fund his business any more....So I’ve called the loan and I’m taking action to collect”...”

This is somewhat different than KWs version of events as I recall, whereby he suggested each time Barry gave him money he was asked to sign a promissory note, during an earlier time in the ‘90s when “Bank Sherman” was present in their lives. By 2006 their relationship had already soured so what’s with a promissory note being signed by KW in 2006? I don’t quite get it.
PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

Regardless, it appears the $8 million obligation by Kerry Winter was held in limbo up until the time the cousins $1 billion dollar lawsuit was dismissed, shortly before the double murder of the Shermans.

BBM

Feb 1, 2018
"I was betrayed. My cousin hurt me, and now I want to hurt him," Winter told The Fifth Estate.

As part of the court's decision, Winter not only lost his claim on his cousin's fortune, but he was also ordered to pay Sherman back $8 million. Just a week before the Shermans were found dead, a court ordered Winter and his siblings to pay Sherman $300,000 in legal costs.“
Barry Sherman's cousin fails lie detector test over allegation of plot to kill Honey Sherman | CBC News

Last edited:
Another mention of the $8 million loan to Kerry Winter, reprinted from Toronto Life July 2008.

“Sherman has also sued, recalling more than $8 million in loans he had made to his cousin Kerry Winter, the most aggressive of Lou’s sons. Winter has a history of drug addiction and has already spent years of his adult life entangled in this feud. Sherman, with a battalion of lawyers and bountiful resources, calls it extortion and refuses to settle.”
How Barry Sherman built his multibillion-dollar fortune

This article only mentions a $1.2 million line of credit for the business. How KW managed to burn through $8 million without ability to repay is unknown but I guess even that wasn’t enough. It seems totally preposterous to me for Kerry Winter to have expected a cordial business arrangement to continue after the filing of the $1 billion lawsuit against Barry Sherman. “Bullying”????

“Kerry Winter has alleged that Mr. Sherman is bullying the family and that he has gone back on a promise not to retaliate financially while the lawsuit over Toronto-based Apotex proceeded. "If he is permitted to continue, Mr. Sherman will cause me and my family irreparable harm," Mr. Winter said in an affidavit filed in court......
.........Mr. Sherman began backing Mr. Winter in 1994 by arranging a $1.2-million line of credit to help him start a home renovation business. More money followed to Mr. Winter and others.”
Apotex founder hits hard in legal family feud

Last edited:
You can add:

Occam'sRazor” is the stated principle that, all things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. This principle cuts away, or slices and leaves aside, a host of potentially competing conclusions or arguments, leaving the simplest and most likely conclusion in place. Thus it is a “Razor”.

MistyWaters, your post mentions that BS began backing KW in 1994. That’s also the year KW’s drug dealer brother Dana allegedly murdered someone:

[5] Landis Heal, the victim in the case, was reported missing by his former common law spouse, Ms. Schmitke, on August 15, 1994.

[3] The theory of the Crown in this case was that the deceased was killed by the appellant either because he was hired by, or wanted to impress, a local drug dealer, Dana Winter, in Smithers. The Crown theorized that the appellant believed that the deceased owed money to Winter and was about to inform on both Winter and the appellant to the police.

CanLII - 1998 CanLII 5055 (BC CA)
CanLII - 1995 CanLII 2915 (BC SC)

Last edited:
It would be ironic if one of Barry's competitors and /or enemies, bugged the Sherman home or if the house was under private eye surveillance around the time of the deaths.
Point is, it is possible that there is somebody, somewhere who is an uninvolved witness ( a spy) or has a recording of some type of the ghastly events that took place in the Sherman home.
rbbm. speculation, imo.
Drug Spies Piracy is the pharmaceutical industry's dirty little secret; fighting back has become its dirty little war. With the stakes this high, there are no rules, no conventions. But that doesn't mean there haven't been prisoners. - September 6, 1999
"The $300-billion-a-year pharmaceutical industry is mired in a hidden war with no boundaries and few rules. It is a war fought from behind mountains of litigation, one that pits the leading multinationals against a growing army of scoundrels who are either counterfeiting medicines outright (a criminal offense in which specific drugs are copied down to the form, color, and brand name) or peddling "bioequivalent" generics that infringe brand-name patents (a civil offense, but just as painful financially for the patent holders).
"Take any of the top 40 drugs," says Steve Smith, Flack and Whybrow's spymaster at Bayer. "All of them are being ripped off by somebody." From Argentina to Egypt to India, from Israel to China to Colombia, drug piracy is booming. Companies in Canada and Mexico are big players; even the Mafia seems to be dipping a toe in the pool. Not that any of that should be surprising, given the explosive growth in pharmaceuticals: Ten years ago a drug that generated $100 million in annual sales was considered a blockbuster; today $1-billion-a-year drugs are commonplace, and "a kilo of an antibiotic can be worth more than a kilo of heroin," says Smith."
"For decades pharmaceutical companies have cultivated an image of obsessive purity to instill confidence in consumers, whose lives often depend on them. But behind that vision of white-gloved chemists with their test tubes and microscopes stands a legion of secret agents like Flack and Whybrow, complete with black gloves and binoculars.
"The attitude of the drug giants is, 'Whatever it costs, just do it. Just burn everything to the ground. Destroy the enemy.'"

SHERMAN MURDERS: Did organized crime kill billionaire?
“Barry was a strange guy but he was perfectly nice to me,” Robinson told the Toronto Sun. “At the time he was under surveillance by private detectives"
‘Yin and yang’: Barry and Honey Sherman were polar opposites who devoted themselves to philanthropy
"In the early 1990s, as Apotex and its competitor, Novopharm Ltd., raced to manufacture the anti-cholesterol drug Lovastatin, Barry hired private detectives to rummage through Novopharm's garbage, looking for evidence of stolen trade secrets."

Occam'sRazor” is the stated principle that, all things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. This principle cuts away, or slices and leaves aside, a host of potentially competing conclusions or arguments, leaving the simplest and most likely conclusion in place. Thus it is a “Razor”.

Yes, I agree with Occam's Razor principle and it is usually the way my mind works. I'm now trying a little Agatha Christie thinking--eg it is never the POI you suspect. lol Time will tell, hopefully.

It would be ironic if one of Barry's competitors and /or enemies, bugged the Sherman home or if the house was under private eye surveillance around the time of the deaths.
Point is, it is possible that there is somebody, somewhere who is an uninvolved witness ( a spy) or has a recording of some type of the ghastly events that took place in the Sherman home.
rbbm. speculation, imo.
Drug Spies Piracy is the pharmaceutical industry's dirty little secret; fighting back has become its dirty little war. With the stakes this high, there are no rules, no conventions. But that doesn't mean there haven't been prisoners. - September 6, 1999
"The $300-billion-a-year pharmaceutical industry is mired in a hidden war with no boundaries and few rules. It is a war fought from behind mountains of litigation, one that pits the leading multinationals against a growing army of scoundrels who are either counterfeiting medicines outright (a criminal offense in which specific drugs are copied down to the form, color, and brand name) or peddling "bioequivalent" generics that infringe brand-name patents (a civil offense, but just as painful financially for the patent holders).
"Take any of the top 40 drugs," says Steve Smith, Flack and Whybrow's spymaster at Bayer. "All of them are being ripped off by somebody." From Argentina to Egypt to India, from Israel to China to Colombia, drug piracy is booming. Companies in Canada and Mexico are big players; even the Mafia seems to be dipping a toe in the pool. Not that any of that should be surprising, given the explosive growth in pharmaceuticals: Ten years ago a drug that generated $100 million in annual sales was considered a blockbuster; today $1-billion-a-year drugs are commonplace, and "a kilo of an antibiotic can be worth more than a kilo of heroin," says Smith."
"For decades pharmaceutical companies have cultivated an image of obsessive purity to instill confidence in consumers, whose lives often depend on them. But behind that vision of white-gloved chemists with their test tubes and microscopes stands a legion of secret agents like Flack and Whybrow, complete with black gloves and binoculars.
"The attitude of the drug giants is, 'Whatever it costs, just do it. Just burn everything to the ground. Destroy the enemy.'"

SHERMAN MURDERS: Did organized crime kill billionaire?
“Barry was a strange guy but he was perfectly nice to me,” Robinson told the Toronto Sun. “At the time he was under surveillance by private detectives"
‘Yin and yang’: Barry and Honey Sherman were polar opposites who devoted themselves to philanthropy
"In the early 1990s, as Apotex and its competitor, Novopharm Ltd., raced to manufacture the anti-cholesterol drug Lovastatin, Barry hired private detectives to rummage through Novopharm's garbage, looking for evidence of stolen trade secrets."

It would be interesting if he was be bugged by his competitors, but what a position to be in.

I remember one similar type of case, but it was the FBI that was doing the bugging.

**Warning: graphic violence

The 1989 murder of Tina Isa was caught on FBI surveillance tapes.

Hoping to hear evidence of terrorist activities, the Federal Bureau of Investigation planted listening devices in the tiny apartment of a Palestinian-American more than two years ago. What the F.B.I. taped were the screams of a teen-age girl being stabbed to death.

Now, a jury that heard the tape-recorded voice of the 16-year-old pleading in vain for her life has convicted her parents of murder and recommended that they be put to death.

Terror and Death at Home Are Caught in F.B.I. Tape

BS was under Federal investigation for breaking lobbying rules at the time of his death. FWIW

Only days before he died, Toronto billionaire Barry Sherman was attempting to quash an investigation into a political fundraiser he held for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that allegedly ran afoul of lobbying rules.

Sherman, who was found dead along with his wife, Honey, at their house on Friday, had been under investigation by lobbying commissioner Karen Shepherd since October 2016, and was facing a possible five-year ban from lobbying because of the fundraiser he hosted during the last federal election.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...nvestigation-for-breaking-lobbying-rules.html

Last edited:
Speaking of Big Pharma, I hope Daniel Best's family hired a private pathologist for a second opinion on his "suicide". He was an ex-big pharma exec. hired by Donald Trump to lower American drug costs.

Police say Best was found "unresponsive" near the garage door exit of an apartment building in Washington, D.C.'s Navy Yard neighborhood at 5:25 a.m. on Nov. 1, and was pronounced dead by medical personnel who responded to the scene.

The city's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner on Thursday said Best died from "multiple blunt force injuries" and it ruled his death a suicide. It would not release further information.

Death of HHS official Daniel Best is ruled a suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member