CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people that get such money from others usually burn through it if they are not going to wisely invest it.
It is very easy to lose money with a business through the costs and expenses that are needed to get it started.
It really makes me wonder if AP was given money through the sale of H. Paulin. I know Arthur died many years ago but haven't found anything about Stanley and Richard. Richard sold it a few years ago and while they aren't as rich as the Shermans, they would have done well. I wonder what their relationship with their son is like. Would they have been more like Honey who wanted her kids to have a work ethic and didn't want them to be handed money?

I find it interesting that JS said that he and AP had some cash

Sorry sent before I finished. I find it interesting that JS says he and and AP had some cash sitting around. He emailed BS Wednesday morning, Jan 13th to remind him to pay the balance to the surrogate company.
He doesn’t pay for anything himself.
He doesn’t seem to mind people knowing he and AP are grifters.
Fred Mercure, JS’s husband doesn’t seem to have anything.
I can’t imagine what the family of FM must think when they listen to the podcast, ( I’m sure they do), and hear that he owns nothing. If it were my son, brother, friend I would be furious.
I also can’t imagine what AP’s family think or feel when they listen to the podcast, ( and I’m sure they also do ), and if they are shocked and ashamed and how they hold their heads up.
@RHR - nailed it: I’ve been thinking of the word “grifters” too. MOO, but I feel as though they were getting more money from Barry than they needed for their projects. And they were keeping it on the side for their own lifestyle or as “cash they have lying around” for future projects. I agree that it was odd and somewhat manipulative that JS had Barry pay for his surrogacy. The cost for the surrogacy also seem very high. And all of this happening at a time that Barry was asking for mortgages and cash flow seems pretty audacious. MOO.

@RHR - nailed it: I’ve been thinking of the word “grifters” too. MOO, but I feel as though they were getting more money from Barry than they needed for their projects. And they were keeping it on the side for their own lifestyle or as “cash they have lying around” for future projects. I agree that it was odd and somewhat manipulative that JS had Barry pay for his surrogacy. The cost for the surrogacy also seem very high. And all of this happening at a time that Barry was asking for mortgages and cash flow seems pretty audacious. MOO.
rbbm. Complete speculation, imo.
Wonder if HS was not keen on BS paying for JS's surrogate babies, especially for FM's one, unless both were created using S. genes?
Home early for BS, cash withdrawal for HS,
Last minute payment, hot button pressed, passionate fight begins then ends - forever?

''With two children by surrogacy (Barry funded the process in late 2017, paying $329,286 to a U.S. company on Jonathon and Mercure’s behalf) the couple needed more room and have moved to a larger house nearby''.

'From an early age, the Sherman children were told there was money for “needs” but not for “wants.” But that message was unevenly distributed, different for each child and from each parent, and it changed over time. '

''Barry gifted millions of dollars to the four children, much more to the first two — Lauren and Jonathon.''

''Alexandra and Kaelen received money over the years, but far less, family insiders say. “Honey had convinced Barry to be more careful with the second two,” one family member said.''
1684593470944.png

I've often thought of the Paulin family as well. They were a fixture in Scarborough and other parts of southern Ontario. The founder, Harry, then his sons Arthur and Stanley and finally Arthur's son Richard all appeared to be hard working people in a company that was obviously doing well for decades. I used to see their trucks all over the place. It seems that along with JS, AP has the same sense of entitlement. He has had so much handed to him because of Barry. Imagine just being given a pile of money to buy storage facilities and a bunch of cottages.

If FM really doesn't have much to his name, it's like Barry and Honey version 2.0. She was never given money of her own.

I wonder if FM has a job of his own?

MOO
Honey was very independent. She may not have had all kinds of money sitting around but i don't think she or Barry looked at it that way. They were not interested in material things. She could do whatever she wanted when she wanted. The big house they were building, from what i understand was going to be open to different charities for fundraisers. She had friends in that area that offer their homes all the time. I think she wanted to be able to do the same.
Fred M seems to be invisible.

rbbm. Complete speculation, imo.
Wonder if HS was not keen on BS paying for JS's surrogate babies, especially for FM's one, unless both were created using S. genes?
Home early for BS, cash withdrawal for HS,
Last minute payment, hot button pressed, passionate fight begins then ends - forever?

''With two children by surrogacy (Barry funded the process in late 2017, paying $329,286 to a U.S. company on Jonathon and Mercure’s behalf) the couple needed more room and have moved to a larger house nearby''.

'From an early age, the Sherman children were told there was money for “needs” but not for “wants.” But that message was unevenly distributed, different for each child and from each parent, and it changed over time. '

''Barry gifted millions of dollars to the four children, much more to the first two — Lauren and Jonathon.''

''Alexandra and Kaelen received money over the years, but far less, family insiders say. “Honey had convinced Barry to be more careful with the second two,” one family member said.''
View attachment 423523
Can you explain?

Honey was very independent. She may not have had all kinds of money sitting around but i don't think she or Barry looked at it that way. They were not interested in material things. She could do whatever she wanted when she wanted. The big house they were building, from what i understand was going to be open to different charities for fundraisers. She had friends in that area that offer their homes all the time. I think she wanted to be able to do the same.
Fred M seems to be invisible.
Oh she was independent for sure, and did all kinds of things with her friends and charity stuff, but she did complain that she didn't have her own money.

FM may be invisible because he doesn't want to be part of the family drama or police investigation. AP is also invisible, likely for the same reason.

Oh she was independent for sure, and did all kinds of things with her friends and charity stuff, but she did complain that she didn't have her own money.

FM may be invisible because he doesn't want to be part of the family drama or police investigation. AP is also invisible, likely for the same reason.
I don't think AP is invisible. His name is on many things to do with JS. I think he keeps a low profile because he doesn't/ didn't want people to know where the money came from. KD has exposed that.
I think FM is invisible because that's what JS wants. He seems subservient.

The exposure of JS and AP’s reliance on the indulgent Bank of Barry must be a huge embarrassment for AP, who likely fancied himself as an up and comer in the Toronto business community.

It’s easy to build a business when your financier doesn’t make you pay interest, doesn’t check the loan to value ratio, and lets you ignore demands for repayment. Most people here could build a storage business with free money.

It’s double embarrassing that he went along with ignoring the demands for repayment.

I’m constantly reminded of the words of Logan Roy - “You are not serious people”.

Last edited:
The short version— KD in his recent podcast said:

-He believed Honey was in contact with an estate lawyer prior to her death. One witness said Honey had just updated her will, but no will was found.

-Court documents show that she was in contact with lawyer Doug Hendler, a partner at Blaney McMurtry LLP. (ETA: In the podcast KD said ‘Doug Hendler of Blaney.’ This is the only Toronto lawyer that I could find that matched that name and law firm.) Honey’s sister MS said he was involved in the Shermans’ estate planning.

-At 9:01 pm on December 13th, 2017, Doug Hendler called Barry. (It’s believed he was possibly killed by that time.)

Below is just a repeat of rough timeline details that may be relevant, and what Doug Hendler has said about estate and succession planning that I found to be interesting.

October 27, 2017- Barry writes Jonathon an email, cc’ing Jack Kay, asking him to meet to discuss succession planning. He expresses disappointment over Jonathon’s lack of involvement and interest in Apotex. Jonathon says he will only attend the meeting with AP present, and Barry responds he doesn’t want AP involved. The meeting doesn’t take place.

November 16, 2017, Barry sends an email to Jonathon and Adam requesting repayment of $50-60 million. (Mid-November, Barry comments in an email that Jonathon’s ‘hostility persists’.)

November 20, 2017- A ‘service provider’, who was also Honey’s confidant, meets Honey in uptown Toronto. She said Honey had just been to her lawyer to update her will.

November 28, 2017- AP writes AG cc’ing Barry and Jonathon asking for money. Barry responds that he and Jonathon were expected to repay him $50-60 million, ‘what will you do, and when?’

Jonathon goes to Japan, returning on December 12, 2017.

Date unknown- ‘just before she died’
-Court records show Honey was emailing the Blaney Law firm, but the emails are considered privileged and are not reviewed. Honey’s sister MS said Honey was in contact with Doug Hendler of Blaney, who had a role in the estate planning.

December 13, 2017, 9:01 pm Doug Hendler called Barry Sherman (it is believed Barry was deceased by that time).

“Doug Hendler: Everybody needs a will! And you can’t do a boiler plate will, where you simply leave everything to your wife or, failing that, to your children.

Businesses are usually more complex than people think.

Trusts are especially appropriate if there’s a younger generation that’s not ready to step up. You hold the assets in trust for your kids, or for their children. Sometimes part of a succession plan is generation-skipping, where you leave the income to your children but the ultimate capital to your grandchildren to avoid double taxation when you pass…

…I guess you’d better make sure your successor really wants the job.
Not every child wants to step into their parents’ shoes…

…The successor also needs to be capable…

… I tell them their affairs are fairly complicated and we need to organize them…

…What can go wrong if you wait to put a plan in place? The process will be unnecessarily chaotic. You might wake up tomorrow and get hit by a bus. For God’s sake, plan!”

Last edited:
Since few people apparently were ever in the pool room, it would be have been interesting if this kind of technology was utilized at the murder scene.
Maybe when the house was demolished, if parts of the basement area could have been stored (Green Storage?) for future technological advances in crime scene forensics? imo, speculation.rbbm

May 20 2023
''Criminals can no longer vanish into thin air after scientists discovered humans emit a tell-tale cloud of airborne DNA that could identify who was present at a crime scene.''

''Even footprints on a sandy beach contain enough DNA to identify who walked there, experts believe.''

'For ethical reasons the team did not try to find out the identities of the anonymous fragments of human DNA in the wider environment, but carried out an experiment in a veterinary hospital where they showed it was possible to identify staff from the airborne samples present.'
'The team said the finding could help identify suspects from the DNA floating in the air of a crime scene, or spot undiscovered archaeological sites.'

Regarding Honey's will: it does sound like she had one. You don't tell someone you were updating your will without having a will in the first place. Even if she died first, at least having a will would have shown her intent. If she didn't want to leave anything to her kids, if she wanted to give her sister a big chunk, if she wanted to leave most to charity etc. I hope the cops are able to get the will from her lawyer because even if she was proven to have died first, it could add to the motive to target both of them for financial reasons.

This is the exercise that Jonathon and BK (Alex’s former husband) went on in 2019 that KD mentioned in his podcast. It was a 65 km trek that recreated the Masa Kumta beret march that Israeli soldiers have to complete.

From BK’s fundraising page: “20 dedicated Torontonians are covering the cost of this experience and heading to Israel to ‘feel' what it’s like to be a soldier in the coveted IDF. For 4 days and 4 nights, we will be living the life of an Israeli soldier. We will train as combatants, be treated as soldiers, live in tents, eat rations and be subjected to the final test before entering into combat service.”

“The three-day adventure was difficult, he said. The Negev has received lots of rain this year, loosening rocks and making the ground difficult to walk without rolling your ankle.

Many of the participants suffered ankle sprains, knee problems and blisters. Three of them were hospitalized with various ailments, including one who had blisters so bad Rabbi Flanzreich said he’d never seen before.

In addition to the daily march, the participants received small arms training with (unloaded) M-16 rifles as well as briefings in combat tactics.

They subsisted on military rations for lunch, they carried large quantities of water and they slept at night under the stars. Nevertheless, it wasn’t all roughing it. A support van brought along portable washrooms and showers, and at night chefs prepared meals comparable to what you’d find in high-end hotels, Rabbi Flanzreich said.”

I just finished KD's book and I dislike JS more than before. The way he tried to control KD before consenting to an interview, not offering him a drink or putting a heater on, that was just a part of it. His behaviour at Alex's after the bodies were found, the "eulogy", firing JK, selling the company even though his father wanted to keep it in Canada. I mean, the entire family is a very unhappy mess and seems to have been for a long time but he really comes across as a very cold, controlling person.

I know he offered nothing to people who went to his house, so it wasn't just KD, but his mom had huge parties at her house so he would have known how to be a host. I can't imagine having someone over and not offering something.

I have always said AP silence speaks volumes. Him and JS definitely make a great pair as he had his hands in the money just as much as JS did, JMO.

Also, I have always said AP needs to be looked at more closely. JMO

I just finished KD's book and I dislike JS more than before. The way he tried to control KD before consenting to an interview, not offering him a drink or putting a heater on, that was just a part of it. His behaviour at Alex's after the bodies were found, the "eulogy", firing JK, selling the company even though his father wanted to keep it in Canada. I mean, the entire family is a very unhappy mess and seems to have been for a long time but he really comes across as a very cold, controlling person.

I know he offered nothing to people who went to his house, so it wasn't just KD, but his mom had huge parties at her house so he would have known how to be a host. I can't imagine having someone over and not offering something.
I agree that JS comes across as cold. I found his story in his eulogy about picking a difficult black run when skiing with his mom and then finding it “f-cking hilarious” when she massively crashed down it to be disturbing. Is it just me or is it not super funny to watch your mom tumble down a ski run she couldn’t ski and tried only for him? Ugh.

And I also agree that AP’s silence is interesting. Truly, not talking to police is the best decision — no one is required to do so. But the fact that he is one of the only people who didn’t do so still gives me pause. Moo. Speculation.

The apple didn’t fall too far from the tree.

The apple didn’t fall too far from the tree.
I agree that JS comes across as cold. I found his story in his eulogy about picking a difficult black run when skiing with his mom and then finding it “f-cking hilarious” when she massively crashed down it to be disturbing. Is it just me or is it not super funny to watch your mom tumble down a ski run she couldn’t ski and tried only for him? Ugh.

And I also agree that AP’s silence is interesting. Truly, not talking to police is the best decision — no one is required to do so. But the fact that he is one of the only people who didn’t do so still gives mking them e pause. Moo. Speculation.
If you listen to KD's podcast there is audio of the sister Alex talking about how JS would act when BS would try and pull back from giving him more money . It explains why when BS was asking JS and AP to get traditional mortgages they completely ignored him. I can almost hear JS and AP laughing at the thought.

Slight update to article first posted by Lexi..

Article was updated May 4, 2023
1684705102896.png
Adam Paulin and Al Azevedo say that a decision to close the south end of Harvie Settlement Road will harm their business, Orillia Storage Company. - Frank Matys

''A local business is sounding an alarm over a plan to shut one end of a city road, warning the closure could cost it customers and revenue.
Stopping up the southernmost portion of Harvie Settlement Road to traffic would “significantly hurt us financially and might force us to actually close the business,” Evan Sone, manager of Orillia Storage Company, warned in a letter to the city.
Ontario’s Transportation Ministry is requiring the road closure as one component of nearby intersection upgrades, designed to accommodate traffic generated by existing and future development in the area.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul