Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Were there any updates at all on the drone that was going to search the area? TIA.

I tried watching the parents plea earlier and had to stop. No doubt in my mind they are just broken and stricken. I cried watching mom cry. I can not imagine this. These poor people. Dear lord let him be some kind of anomaly and just show up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple years ago a 3 year old boy was missing and found alive in a ditch in Austin 12 hours later.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...counts-finding-missing-boy-in-ditch-1.1324030

"He said Nathaniel was cold, but was in good shape for having crossed a double-lane highway and railway tracks in the middle of the night.

"He was quite aways away from Sidney, so he actually looked in pretty good health for being out all night.""

More here:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/right-time-right-place-206232231.html

He was found 5kms away from his home.

How far out have they searched?

And do we know when his birthday is? I'd like to know if he is just two or almost 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turner said her son was last seen around 6 p.m. Tuesday in the yard of the family home where he lives with her, father Tom Martens, and his sisters, aged six and seven.

Chase had been in the yard with his dad, who had been loading his truck. Father and son went for a ride to the store and returned.

The father dressed Chase in his boots, splash pants, hat and mitts, and the boy went outside as his dad went inside. The girls were inside watching TV.

Chase’s mother last saw her son through the window as she got ready to cook supper.

The boy was heading around the side of the house, and Turner thought he was going to hop on a tractor parked outside the home, something he likes to do.

When the parents went outside to call Chase to come in for supper, there was no response.

Her active and happy son has never wandered off, Turner said.

"He’s outside all the time, and I will call him once and he’ll go, ‘What!’" Turner said, adding her son never strayed past a wood pile in their yard.

Usually, the pets follow Chase, but their cats and their dog, Bingo, were lying on the ground outside the house.

Turner said she searched the dirt road that leads to the house and scanned the surrounding fields. When she reached the main road, she called to Chase, but there was no response.

"That’s when the panic started to sink in," she said.

Turner ran back to her property where Tom was calling to Chase as he searched the bush.

She said it had been no longer than 15 minutes from the time she saw Chase through the window until they rechchalized he wasn’t there.

Turner called her sister, who advised her to call the fire department, which she did and the response was quick.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/200-searchers-cant-find-missing-austin-boy-2-373212371.html

BBM - If outside all the time by himself, IMO not good. Sorry but you cannot trust a 2 year old child to have common sense. I have to wonder if that was the case that he spent a lot of time outside, was there someone who frequented/passed by the area and took notice of him outside a lot. Someone lying in waiting for an opportune time to abduct Chase? If he wandered off, sad to say but I'm not feeling hopeful. Poor little guy. MOO.

Just woken up & this is the first thread I check. So sad there's no good news [emoji22]

They haven't found the hat; that's what won't leave my mind. When my sister and I were younger, you couldn't keep a hat on us for more than two minutes without us taking them off. The kids where I work are just the same.
They haven't found the hat. That baffles me.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

They haven't found the hat; that's what won't leave my mind. When my sister and I were younger, you couldn't keep a hat on us for more than two minutes without us taking them off. The kids where I work are just the same.

Welcome to Ws arranrigney!
Not only is it hard sometimes to keep a hat on a little kid's head, or for some, to take a favorite hat off, but boots always seem to be the first to slide or be kicked off. imo.

Welcome to Ws arranrigney!
Not only is it hard sometimes to keep a hat on a little kid's head, or for some, to take a favorite hat off, but boots always seem to be the first to slide or be kicked off. imo.

And with hypothermia,you feel hot and tend to take clothes off and discard them.I feel that the creek is where he'll be found.He knew his way down that path.Maybe the dog did follow Chase to the creek and turned back when he couldn't follow him in the water.So sad.....

And with hypothermia,you feel hot and tend to take clothes off and discard them.I feel that the creek is where he'll be found.He knew his way down that path.Maybe the dog did follow Chase to the creek and turned back when he couldn't follow him in the water.So sad.....

I haven't seen this mentioned but with temperatures so low at the time he went missing (sub zero I believe), wasn't the creek frozen?

I haven't seen this mentioned but with temperatures so low at the time he went missing (sub zero I believe), wasn't the creek frozen?
The creek looks thawed in pictures and flowing,but I can't say for sure.

I also think he went to the creek. I would look in any area where the topography drops. A toddler would move down a hill instead of up. I also think he would follow a visible pathway, especially one he already knew. IMO

That seems to be the message from some :(
I may have missed those. I know for myself, I withheld any judgment, then couldn't help but be frustrated when I heard a two year old was alone for ~15 minutes outdoors. Doesn't mean I think I'm a better parent, or that I sympathize any less with the parents. It just means I'm frustrated that it potentially could have been prevented, no judgment on my part because I make tons of mistakes myself, daily. I stopped thinking about it pretty quickly because my frustration doesn't change anything, and it sure wouldn't for Chase or his parents. I know you weren't speaking to me, necessarily, and maybe I missed the big judgments, but it's hard not to be frustrated at that particular fact-- and I understand why people would voice that frustration, particularly when many have asked if it's normal to leave a 2 year old unattended outdoors for that kind of time. To most, it's decidedly abnormal.

I agree that most 2 year olds would ditch their hat pretty quickly. But I do know some who love hats so who knows.

However, I suspect (just like others above), that he will be found in the creek. Very sad.

My son would never ditch his hat. I am not surprised it has not been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back