Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any chance Chase went back into the house unnoticed, it would not be the first time a lost child was found somewhere
in the house.

He wouldn't be in the house for 24 hours now unnoticed, unless he is badly injured, or worse.

Is the moon shining bright tonite, or, is it pitch black?

Where are you sweet Chase, we are so worried about you.
I pray your safe and will be home real soon.
[emoji955][emoji172][emoji517]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about 40 mins away and the moon is very bright here.

I drove past Austin on the trans Canada today. Saw a couple media vans but that was it. I would have loved to volunteer but had dr appt earlier today, and by the time I was available heard that they were asking the public to stay away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When they live on a farm in the middle of nowhere, it is pretty typical for the dogs to just lay around when the family is outside and when farm workers - people that they know - are moving around the property. Our dogs always come outside with us and they'll just lay around while we do chores and other outside activities. They don't always follow you around like dogs that are not used to the freedom of open spaces. Our dogs will join us if we call them and say "let's go for a walk", but generally they just do their own thing while we're outside. I don't think it's strange that the dog didn't follow him if he wandered off. However, if a stranger walked onto the property it probably wouldn't have reacted and alerted the family. IMO
This is pretty true for us too. Our dogs have their jobs, and then they have their self-assigned "jobs," during which time I'd be hard pressed to find the buggers. If someone came in our property though, we'd know and the person would be run off really quickly!!! They do tend to bark at my LO if she's doing something they feel she shouldn't be though, which is annoying.

I keep checking in and praying to see found safe. Please dear Lord, keep Chasen safe and give strength to his family and the dedicated searchers until he is found.

This is my neck of the woods...it's all over the news and social media.... The moon is bright tonight with occasion clouds for the Austin - Gladstone area....
As for cold...this time of year it could be a LOT worse....needless to say it is still COLD! Too cold for a little one to be out for any length of time.....even in daytime....
As for him being out playing in what would have been anywhere from 0 to -10...most kids from out here do play outside....they are just extra bundled when it is cold....
Middle of winter kids have about 3 layers of clothes as well as snow suit mitts/gloves ...winter boots...toque...scarf...this is spring now tho...still cold at times...but maybe we are more acclimatized to it?
When -40 to -50 is entirely normal in winter....I guess we don't find -10 or so 'that bad'....
I lived in a small rural town just south of this....growing up...lived in Brandon for 20 some years...now in Winnipeg for the past decade.....
We were a farm family...I wouldn't have had it any other way...my children are now in their 30s...and I've heard since they've become adults...exactly what kind of adventures they got up to....if I'd known now what they and their friends were doing out in the bush...down by the dugout....etc etc....I'm sure I'd have more gray hair than I do already.....let's just say building 'stuff' took on a whole new meaning when I found out they decided to construct a raft and use the dugout as their imaginary 'ocean'....
But different people feel differently about what they view as 'safe'....
It's a very different situation from rural ...to city.....
Children on the farm are taught limits as well as city children are taught theirs........
In the city it's the danger of 'strangers'...on the farm it seems it's the danger of the 'familiar'....kids see the creek or whatever every single day....doesn't seem like it could hurt you right....well...we all know how that can change very quickly....
Mine were adventurous but they had to be taught limits....kids will be kids and toddle off to explore without a thought.....I feel so badly for Mom & Dad right now...I would be out of my fricking mind.....
Anyways.....I hope and pray he's nested in somewhere....& he is found safe.....the nearest towns are Gladstone and Austin...about 10 miles give or take to each....good to see they have the Wpg heli out there too.....they can rush him off quickly to a larger hospital if need be!

Lori...thanks posting your view from over there in MB, perception is always interesting ;)

Just curious, what kind of limits did your kids know (living in the country, on the farm) at 2-years-old?

And how is a two year old on their feet?

Being completely serious...I don't have kids. (thankful)

We are all there with you hoping he is (still) nesting somewhere...safe.

Lori...thanks posting your view from over there in MB, perception is always interesting ;)

Just curious, what kind of limits did your kids know (living in the country, on the farm) at 2-years-old?

And how is a two year old on their feet?

Being completely serious...I don't have kids. (thankful)

We are all there with you hoping he is (still) nesting somewhere...safe.

After I posted I realized that I was looking at this as a child quite a bit older than 2.......I don't want to appear 'judgy' ....kwim?...
That being said....unsupervised...outside....alone except pets....NO...
On our farm....we had an enclosed yard....fence attached to the house....and patio door to go directly into the house from the enclosed yard....so I could see them at all times from the kitchen/dining room......gate latch was not accessible to the kids inside the fenced yard...unless like my children who would pile things up just to see if they could get high enough to reach around to it......yes....my angels....

I can't recall specific limits 'taught' at 2....one because I just don't remember....and because they just seemed to be common sense rules...but those came at a later age.....

At that age...they were always accompanied... *super NON judgy here btw!*
But if out for a walk together....emphasis was always about staying close....don't go where you can't see mommy....if you can't see Mommy yell really loud...and we'd practice yelling.....*one thing about the country...mannnn can you scream your head off and its OKAY to do so!
Making sure they know never to wander over to the animal pens without Mom or Dad...or the machinery either....
You know when you have to try and explain what they get taught is really difficult?*L*...and to pinpoint...when they are taught things?....it's automatic to me?
2 year olds ...at least the ones I know personally or have known...are usually walking by a year or close to....and 2 year olds.....are quick and agile little people!

I am so worried about this little boy. The video clip posted of them searching the water left me feeling terrified and sick to my stomach.

Hoping for a miracle, that he is alive and well somewhere and will be reunited with his family asap.

Thanks for responding Lori...

CTV Winnipeg news at 6 reported they would be using infrared sensors overnight, hoping for the best here...

Shiraz anyone?

I can't stop thinking about the pets just lazing around. If Chase wandered off, it seems Bingo the dog would have followed. If someone came along, the dog would have barked (most likely). Could Chase be someplace ridiculously close by all this time? It doesn't seem so at this point.
Maybe I'm assigning too much importance to the behaviour of the dog, although Mom brought it up in the article Dotr linked earlier.
I can not get past this for some reason.

bbm

Yes, I'm stuck thinking about that too -- and some others here have echoed the same. If Chase wandered off, somehow I don't think the dog would have come home -- maybe he did leave the boy to eat or because he heard his people calling him. How did the dog act when he came back home?
If the boy disappeared -- fell into a well or a hole or in the water or was kidnapped, then the dog may have wandered back home. I remain puzzled on this point, too.

[video=twitter;712875138031685632]https://twitter.com/BethCTV/status/712875138031685632[/video]
Beth Macdonell ‎@BethCTV
Search for missing toddler continues overnight http://ctv.news/69uk3GE

Under a bright orange moon and with flashlights in hand, volunteers combed through fields and ditches near the toddler's home, located about 30 minutes west of Portage la Prairie.

Shortly after 7 p.m., emergency vehicles moved to an area behind the boy's home but officials did not release specific details on this part of the search effort.

Once dark, only trained personnel and people with search and rescue skills stayed on looking for Martens.
Four members of Winnipeg's Bear Clan Patrol travelled with flashlights to look for Martens overnight.

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/search-for-missing-toddler-continues-overnight-1.2830544

Here's hoping to wake up tomorrow and see "found safe" on Chase's thread. It's so cold and he's so little. Aw man, my heart is breaking... :(

Oh no, not another little boy! Please, please let them be doing an inward search starting 2 miles out. These boys move so much faster than anyone thinks.

Poor little boy. Hope he gets found real soon. Wonder if they have checked the dog kennel if there is a dog kennel there ?

He is still missing? This is not going to end well....:cry:

Well, I think it's possible the poor little guy was the victim of foul play.

He would have been found in the river by now, in all likelihood.

Temperatures are such that survival would not seem likely.

Tragic circumstances for a baby.

Hoping for a miracle on this one.

Turner said her son was last seen around 6 p.m. Tuesday in the yard of the family home where he lives with her, father Tom Martens, and his sisters, aged six and seven.

Chase had been in the yard with his dad, who had been loading his truck. Father and son went for a ride to the store and returned.

The father dressed Chase in his boots, splash pants, hat and mitts, and the boy went outside as his dad went inside. The girls were inside watching TV.

Chase’s mother last saw her son through the window as she got ready to cook supper.

The boy was heading around the side of the house, and Turner thought he was going to hop on a tractor parked outside the home, something he likes to do.

When the parents went outside to call Chase to come in for supper, there was no response.

Her active and happy son has never wandered off, Turner said.

"He’s outside all the time, and I will call him once and he’ll go, ‘What!’" Turner said, adding her son never strayed past a wood pile in their yard.

Usually, the pets follow Chase, but their cats and their dog, Bingo, were lying on the ground outside the house.

Turner said she searched the dirt road that leads to the house and scanned the surrounding fields. When she reached the main road, she called to Chase, but there was no response.

"That’s when the panic started to sink in," she said.

Turner ran back to her property where Tom was calling to Chase as he searched the bush.

She said it had been no longer than 15 minutes from the time she saw Chase through the window until they rechchalized he wasn’t there.

Turner called her sister, who advised her to call the fire department, which she did and the response was quick.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/200-searchers-cant-find-missing-austin-boy-2-373212371.html

[video=twitter;712875138031685632]https://twitter.com/BethCTV/status/712875138031685632[/video]
Beth Macdonell ‎@BethCTV
Search for missing toddler continues overnight http://ctv.news/69uk3GE

Shortly after 7 p.m., emergency vehicles moved to an area behind the boy's home but officials did not release specific details on this part of the search effort.

Foul play suspected? That search area indicates yes to me.

JMO

Prayers for baby Chase, may the searchers find you and bring you home sweet little one.

Chase Martens search: Still no sign of missing Manitoba toddler
Posted: Mar 24, 2016 6:11 AM CT

night-search.jpg

Searchers use flashlights to look for Chase Martens near Austin, Man., Wednesday night. (Alana Cole/CBC)

They searched through another cold night, using flashlights to look through fields and tangled brush in rural Manitoba, but there's still no sign of two-year-old Chase Martens.

The toddler vanished from his farm home near the community of Austin — 120 kilometres west of Winnipeg, between Brandon and Portage la Prairie — Tuesday evening.

Searchers in 'race against time' for missing Manitoba boy Chase Martens
The blue-eyed, brown-haired boy was last seen wearing a blue jacket, black splash pants, a red hat and boots that light up as he walks.

RCMP spokesman Bert Paquet said searchers worked through the dark, aided from the air by the Winnipeg Police Service Air1 helicopter which has infrared technology to see body heat.

Temperatures in the area dipped to –5 C overnight but a wind chill made it feel more like –11. The previous night, the temperature dropped to –12 C.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/chase-martens-missing-search-manitoba-1.3505339

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back