GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe this happened in Sparwood. I never thought I'd see that area posted about here.

As for the weather, it's been very hot, and most people don't have air conditioning there, so the house gets really stuffy during the day and you pretty much have to leave a window open at night if you want to sleep. It's possible that they didn't lock their doors--it's that kind of place, although personally I'm not that trusting and think it would be foolish. But I never locked my car door, for example, even overnight, when I lived down there.

Someone mentioned the possibility of wild animals. If RH just dropped him in the woods or something, there are still bears, cougars, moose, wolves, and bighorn sheep in the area. This is a nightmare.

I still can't believe this happened in Sparwood. I never thought I'd see that area posted about here.

As for the weather, it's been very hot, and most people don't have air conditioning there, so the house gets really stuffy during the day and you pretty much have to leave a window open at night if you want to sleep. It's possible that they didn't lock their doors--it's that kind of place, although personally I'm not that trusting and think it would be foolish. But I never locked my car door, for example, even overnight, when I lived down there.

Someone mentioned the possibility of wild animals. If RH just dropped him in the woods or something, there are still bears, cougars, moose, wolves, and bighorn sheep in the area. This is a nightmare.

And by golly, you should be able to leave a window open in your house at night! You should be able to put your kids to bed in your home at night! Gaahh! We protect them, well, most parents do, from strangers and wild animals. Wow, maybe all people should deal w these monsters and not the courts. I really believe all pedos should have a giant P tattooed right between their eyes if released. Hell, someones gotta warn us somehow!:banghead:

And by golly, you should be able to leave a window open in your house at night! You should be able to put your kids to bed in your home at night! Gaahh! We protect them, well, most parents do, from strangers and wild animals. Wow, maybe all people should deal w these monsters and not the courts. I really believe all pedos should have a giant P tattooed right between their eyes if released. Hell, someones gotta warn us somehow!:banghead:

It seems that we do more to protect the rights of the accused and we should but its a double edged sword. I believe once they are found guilty it should be "Katy bar the door" permanently. We are too soft on crime. We need an island to put all these perps on and make them live with each other, grow their own food. Take them out of society forever.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/10/parents-plea-for-tots-safe-return

"This residence has been surveilled since the onset," said Moskulak. "We have to look at the possibilit(y) of the individual coming forth himself, perhaps returning to the residence."

Orville Sheets, the 74-year-old owner of the property, said police took some papers from the residence, but he didn't know what they were. He told QMI Agency Hopley's car - a brown Toyota Camry with B.C. licence plate 098 RAL - was parked on the site the morning the tot was reported missing.

I believe the roommate had also said that Hopley was going to and from the old camper on the property on Tuesday evening before he went to bed. I'm thinking he was getting that area prepared possibly as a holding area for the kid. I think he abducted the child, went home and put him in the camper, paid the rent, etc. and the made his way to wherever he went. I definitely think he had a plan in mind. I just pray he hasn't harmed this child at all, and that maybe it's just a sick obsession, although it's probably not much better, it would be the lesser of the 2 evils.

I didn't do a lot of exploring the back country when I lived there, but I did meet quite a few locals who spoke of cabins and back country etc.. Fernie people LOVE Fernie and it's wilderness. They were very passionate about their area. I hope the locals are utilizing every bit of knowledge they have about hidden cabins and hideouts.. because if this guy grew up there, he knows about them too. I'm leaning towards Fernie, and also the area between Pincher Creek and Franks Slide.. ( if the gas station picture really is him)

The locals are checking everywhere they can think of. The problem is there are just SO MANY places to hide down there!

The locals are checking everywhere they can think of. The problem is there are just SO MANY places to hide down there!

I'm just amazed that there is no sign of the car OR Hopley. He isn't a very bright man, and people are looking EVERYWHERE.. so whereever he is, he must be prepared

No offense to you and I feel your frustration because I'm also Canadian and am disgusted with how well we treat our criminals. I wouldn't hold my breath with anything changing.

I predict he will be captured, some doctor will find him insane, he'll be sent to some psych hospital for a few years and then out again.

Remember this? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/05/greyhound-bus-beheading-s_n_172224.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ce-li-walks-mental-health-centre-selkirk.html

Sickening

This guy, Li, believed that God told him to kill the young man on the bus. Nice that Li came prepared with plenty of plastic baggies to put little body parts in. I guess being prepared in case God decides to tell you to off someone is not premeditation.

Somethings are just hard to understand. Are they trying to rehabilitate this man (Li)? Will he be released some day?

Lord, I pray this adorable child is found safe, and that Hopley is put away for a long, long time, till he's too old to do any more harm. If he is, indeed, the kidnapper. Sort of sounds like it, imo.

IF Hopley is the perp, it sounds somewhat like he may have been planing on abducting someone... it wasn't just a spur-of-the-moment thing, and he had made preparations for somewhere to hide out with his victim?

It's hard not to jump to conclusions . . .and my remarks are JMO, of course.

This guy, Li, believed that God told him to kill the young man on the bus. Nice that Li came prepared with plenty of plastic baggies to put little body parts in. I guess being prepared in case God decides to tell you to off someone is not premeditation.

Somethings are just hard to understand. Are they trying to rehabilitate this man (Li)? Will he be released some day?

Lord, I pray this adorable child is found safe, and that Hopley is put away for a long, long time, till he's too old to do any more harm. If he is, indeed, the kidnapper. Sort of sounds like it, imo.

IF Hopley is the perp, it sounds somewhat like he may have been planing on abducting someone... it wasn't just a spur-of-the-moment thing, and he had made preparations for somewhere to hide out with his victim?

It's hard not to jump to conclusions . . .and my remarks are JMO, of course.

I sadly believe you're dead-on. The perp had this planned. Knew where he was going with the child and planned a long stay. Hopefully, this is right because it give LE longer to find him alive. I just hope and pray this man doesn't harm him in any way.

A horrible thought but I can actually see your second example as being quite possible. If the child was in their room and being lured out in the middle of the night but they didn't go and parent's weren't awakened, at what point would the child tell the parents about their "visitor"?

Yep. Depending on the age of the kid, they could have even gone to their parents and said "There's a man in my room/My room is scary" and the half-asleep parents would dismiss it as a dream and let the kid crawl into bed with them.

By the next morning, when police were called on Kieran, if the police were aware of the other abduction attempt, I would think they would have already checked out RH's home and location. They had to have known they had this predator in their midst for them to have gone to his home a half hour after they responded to Kieran's disappearance.

Or were they so quick because they were already in the middle of investigating the attempt and his name came up then? :waitasec:

Could be either. In my experiences, they would know about Hopley's charges and would be more than happy to "run him in for questioning" even when they thought it was a sleepwalking incident.

And for those who think he planned on being gone for awhile- that's my impression. He left open the option of returning. Best guess, based on absolutely no real knowledge- his hidey hole is somewhere he could lock the child up for a day or two for his court date and easily return if he was found not guilty. If he was found guilty, nobody would ever know. If his name wasn't connected to the case, he could return near Thanksgiving, after either disposing of Kienan or again keeping him elsewhere for a few days and then returning. Since the connection was made, I don't think he plans on showing up for court or ever coming back. He said goodbye to his mother, he bought himself time with the advance rent... he plans to either disappear or kill himself once his dream crime is committed.

Edit- Thanks for the scanner heads up. Took forever to type my reply.

BREAKING: Amber Alert cancelled
VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980)
James Lewis | Email news tips to james.lewis@corusent.com
9/11/2011

The Amber Alert for 3-year old Kienan Hebert has been cancelled.

Hebert has been missing from his Sparwood home since Wednesday morning.

Police have yet to release more information.

Stay tuned to CKNW News-Talk 980 for more developments as they break.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1535922

This is the one time I don't mind an Amber Alert being cancelled. :woohoo:

*crying happy tears*

Oh my gosh! I can't stop the goose bumps! Thank you Jesus. Welcome home baby boy! Man, between the shivers and the tears and the lump in my throat...oh I am so thankful. Wish we all could hug that sweet boy!

BREAKING: Amber Alert cancelled
VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980)
James Lewis | Email news tips to james.lewis@corusent.com
9/11/2011

The Amber Alert for 3-year old Kienan Hebert has been cancelled.

Hebert has been missing from his Sparwood home since Wednesday morning.

Police have yet to release more information.

Stay tuned to CKNW News-Talk 980 for more developments as they break.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1535922

This is the one time I don't mind an Amber Alert being cancelled. :woohoo:

*crying happy tears*

omg. Kudos to all involved who managed to find him!

I wnat more news!

Fantastic news!

As for the first abduction attempt, I found this article:

Article

Relevant quote:
Police did not lay out in detail the earlier abduction attempt nearby the Herberts home however media reports in B.C. quote a woman who lives less than block away from the Herberts as saying her home in Sparwood was broken into the same night Kienan was taken.

She said police later told her that the suspect's footprint was found in her garage. Her two children had not been home at the time of the break-in and nothing was stolen except an iPod filled with photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18