CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'll find it. Was just reading it.

RCMP not ruling out link between missing Alberni teens, body found near truck, double slaying

Schmegelsky’s grandmother, Carol Starkey, said McLeod and Schmegelsky left Port Alberni on July 12 to find work in Whitehorse. When they arrived in Whitehorse a few days later, they decided it wasn’t what they had expected. Starkey, who was last in touch with her grandson on July 13 or 14, isn’t sure what their plans were after that.
Note to add...if they could make it to Whitehorse in "a few days" they could have made it to Fort Nelson in 2. MOO

Also, they seem to have made it to Manitoba in 4 days.

In retrospect, yes, but at the time of the interview, the poor dad thought his son was missing and was hoping they were using airsoft game 'skills' to hide from the murderer and survive in the woods. The guy's practically in tears. There's going to be a lot of families with hard facts to deal with here.

So based on published comments by grandma and dad, BS and KML did arrive in Whitehorse, Yukon.

They left Port Alberni on July 12.
They probably arrived in Whitehorse on July 13 and stayed the night.
They probably left for Alberta on July 14.

So based on published comments by grandma and dad, BS and KML did arrive in Whitehorse, Yukon.

They left Port Alberni on July 12.
They probably arrived in Whitehorse on July 13 and stayed the night.
They probably left for Alberta on July 14.
33 hours + the ferry from Victoria in 1 day? Possible?
Google Maps

Yes I'll find it. Was just reading it.

RCMP not ruling out link between missing Alberni teens, body found near truck, double slaying

Schmegelsky’s grandmother, Carol Starkey, said McLeod and Schmegelsky left Port Alberni on July 12 to find work in Whitehorse. When they arrived in Whitehorse a few days later, they decided it wasn’t what they had expected. Starkey, who was last in touch with her grandson on July 13 or 14, isn’t sure what their plans were after that.

Google shows Port Alberni to Liard River Hot Springs to be a 25 hour drive. Depending on what time they left July 12 (if they were truthful with the grandmother), with 2 drivers spelling each other off, could be done by some time on July 13.

Wonder where their money was coming from. Gas for that Dodge and camper was probably costing a bundle for such a long trip.

Google shows Port Alberni to Liard River Hot Springs to be a 25 hour drive. Depending on what time they left July 12 (if they were truthful with the grandmother), with 2 drivers spelling each other off, could be done by some time on July 13.

Wonder where their money was coming from. Gas for that Dodge and camper was probably costing a bundle for such a long trip.
And Chynna and Lucas were there later in the day on the 13th. 7:30 -7:47 pm

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I am new, so I have to read up on the rules. The bearded man on the road could have been endangered by wild speculation.

People, please read Websleuths rules.

It is a violation of TOS to refer to deleted posts. They are deleted for a reason at the time.

Also, discussing moderation of the thread is not only off topic, it is a TOS violation as well and can result in an automatic Time Out. Read the rules and you won't have deleted posts.

In retrospect, yes, but at the time of the interview, the poor dad thought his son was missing and was hoping they were using airsoft game 'skills' to hide from the murderer and survive in the woods. The guy's practically in tears. There's going to be a lot of families with hard facts to deal with here.

I have only sympathy for the father and the families of the suspects.

It makes me sad when I read the inevitable comments about bad parenting when a young person goes amok. This subject will come back up in due course on this case. And I will advocate compassion.

I did cringe when I read the descriptions. But not regarding the father or his interpretation of their interests - not one bit, I really hope it hasn’t been taken that way.

The boys’ interests (self-described in their SM, interpreted in a fairly typical, loving, parent-like way by the father) just stand out as red flags to me. Another subject, for another time.

I am so very sorry for the families of the suspects, as well as the families of those who were killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple