CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this drives me crazy, look at these hitchhikers near where lucas and chynna were found
stupidity
np2ssm.png

What's the chance the teens KM and BS never even got close to Whitehorse, and their first detour after leaving Port Alberni was to disappear the Surrey men.

Logan Lake, where the Surrey men's vehicle (Jeep) found is about 7 hour drive from Alberni.

data=p5yWINlkSLin5btYRlB44M67lDYHHhA044Exit3rs6RYwuYt-ze3yViaPGV6uFQwfNl2OqxBtS_WjMPNF__g_UBS9HP6PfrtBefrns4otb3t1m1mwZPykEhOrUDJHL-ukrZBTh-spgJR-mX-z39XSdvQJVKbjJKNm_o,8iET7mPO0hH6XlCP_av7VNiVa8VXQMgt-bTTk4OaEDNC3hWTJNbWHUUTz2xXfDCofhYOFhq-AoRNcxs-xIPUbe6_9bqFw0vzoYRMi7PjHKGb7ziaEdUx6-X_NO4-dIjFQBVLfVlKZvDBk9iL-w7P00Tby947KPWoAu4hhaOSqGtCLY_y9rbfY6sLHee6HUJA0_QcKV5MWE6TdeENm81UU00sSl3KVTYsF_D2lTchJl9uQ2Xc6i3Dlm7Z9MnGwhV5gw-loTTHHRcc0DQOQPdBrst59Oq4RiEQMoPLqCBBcNHYxUsUM6NXDPuFEOhN0g2rAOMVDP88ZfJml223jIOYtoYQ-ChwFhuCot8WUrx-NPHSwA6cqXNaaU8jocgXfeWeveR7kPskjroBdgpziw9WOP8r

And if it was them, and if they offed the Surrey men in Surrey, it’s only a 3-hour hop from Alberni. If they dumped the mens’ car at Logan Lake, is that where they may have upgraded vehicle?

Canadian missing teens revealed as suspects in Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese murder

By Kevin Nguyen
4 hrs ago
Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, have been missing since July 19, the same day the body of an unidentified man was found two kilometres from the teenagers' burning car.

The car was found in flames about 500 kilometres away from where Mr Fowler and Ms Deese were found dead, near Dease Lake, British Columbia.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) spokeswoman Sergeant Janelle Shoihet said they were advised yesterday Mr McLeod and Mr Schmegelsky had left British Columbia and were spotted in northern Saskatchewan.

"Given these latest developments, Kam and Bryer are no longer considered missing," she said.

"The RCMP are now considering [them] as suspects in the Dease Lake suspicious death and the double homicide of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese."

The police are asking the public not to approach the teens and to "consider them dangerous" and immediately call 911.

"Thanks to the public yesterday ... we have new information where we've confirmed they were seen in northern BC, we've been able to confirm that information in last 24 hours," Corporal Shoihet said.

"I've been receiving new information — honestly before I just stepped on this stage — new information is still coming in."

She said the pair were seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV4, but warned they could have since changed their appearance and their vehicle.

They could have individually driven the truck and the Jeep for a while, until abandoning the Jeep ?

yeah i think they drove both at least for a little while, not totally sure how long though

Haven't seen that kind of thing on Australian Highways for 25 years, since Milat...…

yeah exactly @Trooper either him or the wolf creek guy i mean nobody hitchhikes here anymore and i hope canadians take note

I don't think they were in Whitehorse on July 13. I think they got rid of their truck on the first day of their trip and the burned camper truck was reported days after the fire (July 19). My guess is their plan was to kill and rob people on a road trip across Canada.

I don't know that they were in Fort McMurray, just a guess that they are staying far North and latest sighting is Northern Manitoba.

View attachment 194614
Sorry @otto - they still had truck past July 12 or first day of their trip.

There are reports of teens seen traveling south in their truck/camper at "Super A General Store" in Dease Lake on July 18, at 3:15 pm .

ETA: Take note the unidentified, bearded man described as disgruntled and standing on the highway talking to the couple was first described as driving "grey jeep" but later revised to strip and light covers.

Last edited:
Any info on what Gillam is like? City? Or also rural?

I know I can look that up (and will), but I also know we have people in the know here on the thread.

jmo

From searching around online, it seems like a nice, small community out in the middle of nowhere. It's on the Nelson River, which has a big hydro electric dam nearby. Small airport and rail service. As someone else pointed out, there's just one road in and out. There are probably smaller dirt or gravel roads that don't show up on maps. Lots of nice homes, it looks like the people who live there have decent jobs.

40882044.jpg

I noticed the rail line also goes north to Churchill, MB but there is no road to that town per se. Historic old area that used to be very busy when fur trading was big.

It will be very difficult to hide in this town. The areas outside seem to be flat and swampy. Reading there are lots of mosquitoes this time of year.

Gillam, Manitoba - Wikipedia

Where do they go from here? It's almost a dead end. If they were skilled outdoorsmen, they could probably take off into the wilderness. They don't look outdoorsy and apparently there are polar bears around that area, though maybe closer to Hudson Bay.

From searching around online, it seems like a nice, small community out in the middle of nowhere. It's on the Nelson River, which has a big hydro electric dam nearby. Small airport and rail service. As someone else pointed out, there's just one road in and out. There are probably smaller dirt or gravel roads that don't show up on maps. Lots of nice homes, it looks like the people who live there have decent jobs.

40882044.jpg

I noticed the rail line also goes north to Churchill, MB but there is no road to that town per se. Historic old area that used to be very busy when fur trading was big.

It will be very difficult to hide in this town. The areas outside seem to be flat and swampy. Reading there are lots of mosquitoes this time of year.

Gillam, Manitoba - Wikipedia

Where do they go from here? It's almost a dead end. If they were skilled outdoorsmen, they could probably take off into the wilderness. They don't look outdoorsy and apparently there are polar bears around that area, though maybe closer to Hudson Bay.
And Churchill is famous for polar bears in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams