CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CBC,
"A burnt-out car was found near the reserve of Bird, not far from Gillam, on Tuesday, prompting a statement from Chief of the Fox Lake Cree Nation Walter Spence.

"We cannot confirm this was directly connected to the individuals wanted by RCMP. I have spoken with the RCMP. An all night patrol for the community has been prepared as a caution," Spence said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...g-persons-lucas-fowler-chynna-deese-1.5221657

I'm going to assume the burning Rav is rumour until we get a link, just in case it's a mix up with the earlier burned vehicle.

The person posting the information on Twitter is being asked by reporters to talk to them. So reporters from CBC and Global News should be verifying before long if this is true. May or may not be accurate.

new crime scene being searched near where mans body was found
Sarah MacDonald on Twitter
New crime scene being worked today by RCMP related to the previous activities of Kam/Bryer is according to the reporter 50km north of where the body of the unidentified older man was found (2km from where the burning truck of the 2 suspects was located). Does anyone have a city/town/gps location for where this location is?

Last edited:
Unidentified bearded man was traveling opposite direction. He may have stopped at 11:30 pm to talk to couple for just about any reason: borrow phone, inquire if next campsite full, fuel, or complain because they were parked on roadway, etc.

I believe he's considered a witness, and may have already contacted authorities to report what he saw and/or why he stopped.

MOO

Yes the description of the vehicle the bearded man was apparently driving @ 11:30pm is very specific. I don’t think it’d be mistaken for a grey 2011 RAV4 or a grey car. I don’t recall the RCMP ever mentioning a grey car either. After the female witness spoke to the media maybe she remembered something different with the assistance of road cam footage.

“The man may be linked to an older-model Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood and a black bull bar with lights covered, and which was last seen travelling southbound...”
https://globalnews.ca/news/5668972/police-possible-link-murder-missing-teens-dead-man/

That was hard to watch. I had forgotten somewhat the endearing speech pattern of Canadians, and once he began to speak , it was heartbreaking. He cannot conceive of his son in this situation, and who can blame him? . It is inconceivable. And by now, the full force of the consequences must be haunting this father, he knows what's in store for his son, and that's inconceivable, also.

Two fathers, Schmegelsky and Fowler, and Chynna's father, whom I have not seen and her mother, too, the mothers.. the mothers..

Minor point but I just want to point out that not all Canadians speak like that. It’s a more rural/prairie way of speaking.

According to CBC,
"A burnt-out car was found near the reserve of Bird, not far from Gillam, on Tuesday, prompting a statement from Chief of the Fox Lake Cree Nation Walter Spence.

"We cannot confirm this was directly connected to the individuals wanted by RCMP. I have spoken with the RCMP. An all night patrol for the community has been prepared as a caution," Spence said."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...g-persons-lucas-fowler-chynna-deese-1.5221657

Ok, this sounds like it might be credible. Bird is the community where the Fox Lake Cree Nation members live. If they found the car in their community and the Chief is reporting it on social media, I'm inclined to believe him.

If this is their car, where are they? I hope they haven't already stolen another car and departed south. Maybe they decided to find a remote community to steal another car, knowing there wouldn't be many LE around.

Missing B.C. teens now suspects in deaths of tourist couple and unidentified man: police
bc-murders-2.png

Security camera images recorded in Saskatchewan of Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, are displayed at a RCMP news conference

For days, the two childhood friends from Vancouver Island were considered missing, their link to a series of troubling incidents spanning hundreds of kilometres of the B.C. interior — a burning truck, an unidentified body, and a double murder of a lovestruck couple — uncertain.

[...]

McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, 18, of Port Alberni, on Vancouver Island, who had been driving the truck, were officially designated missing on Monday; loved ones had not heard from them for several days, but understood they were on the road looking for work, either in Whitehorse or Alberta.

But, on Tuesday, that changed, with the RCMP declaring them suspects in the three deaths.

“Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky have left British Columbia,” said Shoihet. “We believe that they’re likely continuing to travel.”

By Tuesday afternoon, the Manitoba RCMP said the two were believed to have recently been in Gillam, some 1,000 kilometres north of Winnipeg. Gillam Mayor Dwayne Forman said Tuesday evening that he had been forwarded the RCMP tweet by one of his colleagues. He said he hadn’t yet read the reports out of B.C.

But he said he was surprised the suspects chose to end up in Gillam.

“We’re the end of the road,” Forman said. “You can’t go any further beyond us.”

To get to Gillam from Saskatchewan, they would’ve had to drive Provincial Road 280 through Thompson, Man. To get out of town, you either have to go back along the same road, or hop on a train north to Churchill, Man.

More about the suspects.

Two lifelong friends previously reported missing are now suspects in the homicides of a young tourist couple gunned down in Northern British Columbia last week, as well as in the suspicious death of another man whose body was found near the friends' burnt-out truck days later.

From your link, mention of a burned car, unconfirmed.

“A burnt-out car was found near the reserve of Bird, not far from Gillam, on Tuesday, prompting a statement from Chief of the Fox Lake Cree Nation Walter Spence.

"We cannot confirm this was directly connected to the individuals wanted by RCMP. I have spoken with the RCMP. An all night patrol for the community has been prepared as a caution," Spence said...”

New crime scene being worked today by RCMP related to the previous activities of Kam/Bryer is according to the reporter 50km north of where the body of the unidentified older man was found (2km from where the burning truck of the 2 suspects was located). Does anyone have a city/town/gps location for where this location is?
Google Maps

Here is a map. 50 km (30 miles) north looks to be around Porter Landing.

From your link, mention of a burned car, unconfirmed.

“A burnt-out car was found near the reserve of Bird, not far from Gillam, on Tuesday, prompting a statement from Chief of the Fox Lake Cree Nation Walter Spence.

"We cannot confirm this was directly connected to the individuals wanted by RCMP. I have spoken with the RCMP. An all night patrol for the community has been prepared as a caution," Spence said...”

Well, the chief probably knows every vehicle in the village, so it could be true. It's weird to make a fugitive trip this way though. But the silly boys probably didn't have a road map.

Manhunt under way it appears in Manitoba for the 2 suspects.

@rcmpmb
PUBLIC SAFETY - Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky MAY be in Manitoba and are considered dangerous. We have reasons to believe they were recently in the Gillam area. If you spot them - take no actions – do not approach – call 911 or your local police immediately. #rcmpmb

EAMPQkVU8AMdoP0.jpg

2:43 pm -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members