CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) news has a long segment on this tonight, including an interview with a criminologist who drew an analogy to a dual sniper case some years ago in the US. This is the lead story. YouTube:

Last edited by a moderator:
New crime scene being worked today by RCMP related to the previous activities of Kam/Bryer is according to the reporter 50km north of where the body of the unidentified older man was found (2km from where the burning truck of the 2 suspects was located). Does anyone have a city/town/gps location for where this location is?

“The RCMP has also expanded its efforts to a third location much closer to the town of Dease Lake itself. That scene is also on the side of the highway, but it's unclear what's behind the police tape there...”
Northern B.C. deaths: Investigators probing 3 scenes near Dease Lake

Police issued the public safety bulletin shortly after 4:30 p.m. CT on Tuesday.

RCMP say Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, "may be in Manitoba and are considered dangerous." Police believe they were recently in the area of Gillam, Man. — almost 750 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg.

Police ask anyone who spots the pair to call 911 or local police immediately, but to avoid confronting the men.

[...]

A cashier at a Split Lake, Man., gas bar believes the suspects approached her till around 4 p.m. on Monday.

M K said McLeod paid for $20 of fuel and Schmegelsky asked if they could consume alcohol in the community, which is dry.

She said nothing seemed odd about their visit, until she saw the RCMP's updated suspect photos on Tuesday. She recognized McLeod by his beard and Schmegelsky for the camouflaged shirt he was reportedly wearing.

"The guy who paid for the gas — he was quiet, he didn't say anything, he was just looking down. They seemed like, I don't know, normal," Keeper said. "I'm just so nervous right now thinking about it."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/b-c-homicide-suspects-manitoba-1.5222542

ETA: Employee name changed to initials by me for privacy.

The RCMP runs all the rural detachments in the western provinces. In other words, the police on this are well trained, not local cops.

It is very odd that two people from Vancouver Island could wind up in Gillam, Manitoba. The only way to get there is via Thompson, Manitoba, well to the south. I’ve been to both. Both communities are pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Also, if you aren’t in a car the bugs this time of year are fierce.

These are not places you go if you want to hide.

Tonight’s CBC National news, three posts up, has a lot of info. This is the lead story.

New crime scene being worked today by RCMP related to the previous activities of Kam/Bryer is according to the reporter 50km north of where the body of the unidentified older man was found (2km from where the burning truck of the 2 suspects was located). Does anyone have a city/town/gps location for where this location is?

The body and burned vehicle were found 50km South of Dease Lake, so the new crime scene, 50 km North of the bodies, must be in Dease Lake.

while those instagram accounts are up right now, they are picking up heat, possibly because they are being shared, i suggest if you want anything saved you do it now because instagram has a habit of setting accounts to private or deleting them when they are involved in crimes like this
for now i am betting they are up to help police track them or to contact them

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
CANADA MURDERS: Kam Mcleod and Bryer Schmegelsky now suspected of killing 3 people in the Northern Rockies - Australian man Lucas Fowler, girlfriend Chynna Deese and a still unidentified man found dead near their burning truck. Stunning development - I’ll be LIVE @TheTodayShow

12:00 PM - 23 Jul 2019 pst

CANADA ROAD TRIP MURDER: This is the car the now suspected triple murderers are travelling in - believed to have left British Columbia and continuing to move.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EALpVNUUcAEwlKL.jpg

11:57 AM - 23 Jul 2019 pst

Canadian police have released these images of Kam Mcleod and Bryer Schmegelsky - these were captured in Northern Saskatchewan last seen driving a grey Toyota Rav 4.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EALlNLSUEAAl-jE.jpg

11:39 AM - 23 Jul 2019 pst from Northern Rockies, British Columbia

The other thing that I’d mention is that the RCMP have access to airplanes and helicopters, which I imagine they will be using if they aren’t already. The more rural these guys are, the easier it is to spot them if they are in a stolen vehicle.

If they manage to get to Ontario, it has its own rural police (Ontario Provincial Police) who will also get involved. The OPP are also well trained and also have access to air resources.

I've been wondering about that too! For them to be actively named as suspects means they've got to have something pretty solid.
Maybe there is something to that video at the gas station and the guy walking by who looked like Kam. MOO
But Shoihet stated that they were discovered to have left BC (remember, they were looking for them as missing persons), and once realized they were fleeing, put some math together.

Missing B.C. teens now suspects in deaths of tourist couple and unidentified man: police
bc-murders-2.png

Security camera images recorded in Saskatchewan of Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, are displayed at a RCMP news conference

For days, the two childhood friends from Vancouver Island were considered missing, their link to a series of troubling incidents spanning hundreds of kilometres of the B.C. interior — a burning truck, an unidentified body, and a double murder of a lovestruck couple — uncertain.

[...]

McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, 18, of Port Alberni, on Vancouver Island, who had been driving the truck, were officially designated missing on Monday; loved ones had not heard from them for several days, but understood they were on the road looking for work, either in Whitehorse or Alberta.

But, on Tuesday, that changed, with the RCMP declaring them suspects in the three deaths.

“Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky have left British Columbia,” said Shoihet. “We believe that they’re likely continuing to travel.”

By Tuesday afternoon, the Manitoba RCMP said the two were believed to have recently been in Gillam, some 1,000 kilometres north of Winnipeg. Gillam Mayor Dwayne Forman said Tuesday evening that he had been forwarded the RCMP tweet by one of his colleagues. He said he hadn’t yet read the reports out of B.C.

But he said he was surprised the suspects chose to end up in Gillam.

“We’re the end of the road,” Forman said. “You can’t go any further beyond us.”

To get to Gillam from Saskatchewan, they would’ve had to drive Provincial Road 280 through Thompson, Man. To get out of town, you either have to go back along the same road, or hop on a train north to Churchill, Man.

It's crazy. So young and yet they already appear to be serial killers? I wonder what people who know them know about them. And what they have to say. It's not surprising if their parents say they didn't see one sign. But someone usually does.

Store owner spots B.C. homicide suspects on surveillance video

Jade City store owner worried about missing teens seen in her store July 18, and now learns that they are homicide suspects....
300 or 400 people in the store that morning? Sounds like very busy highway.

The woman in that video and her store are connected to a reality TV show in Canada so it might be busier for that reason. Its called Jade Fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member